The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"megan joy"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

louis chacon 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-04-09, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail louis%20chacon Click to send private message to louis%20chacon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"megan joy"
she is going to be great if given the chance. nice jazzy voice I can't wait to see what else she can do !!! just wait and see
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: megan joy okaychatt 03-06-09 1
   RE: megan joy vince3 03-06-09 2
       RE: megan joy Snidget 03-06-09 3
           RE: megan joy Ricky 03-06-09 5
   RE: megan joy dragonflies 03-12-09 12
 RE: megan joy okaychatt 03-06-09 4
   RE: megan joy Ricky 03-06-09 6
 RE: megan joy true 03-08-09 7
   RE: megan joy Dave_W6DPS 03-11-09 9
 RE: megan joy finallytyping 03-08-09 8
   RE: megan joy drebaby 03-12-09 10
       RE: megan joy Belle Book 03-12-09 11
 RE: megan joy okaychatt 03-18-09 13
 I finally get moonbaby 03-18-09 14
   RE: I finally get mrc 03-18-09 16
 RE: megan joy kingfish 03-18-09 15
   RE: megan joy Ahtumbreez 03-19-09 17
       RE: My interpretaion of Smokie Robi... mindy23 03-26-09 18
           RE: My interpretaion of Smokie Robi... Snidget 03-26-09 19
           RE: My interpretaion of Smokie Robi... mhdallas 03-26-09 20
               I wanted to reach through my TV las... mindy23 03-27-09 21
                   RE: I wanted to reach through my TV... Snidget 03-27-09 22
                       RE: I wanted to reach through my TV... Ahtumbreez 03-27-09 23
                           RE: I wanted to reach through my TV... mindy23 03-27-09 24
                               RE: I wanted to reach through my TV... Snidget 03-27-09 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-06-09, 01:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: megan joy"
I'm not feeling the love the judges have for Megan. That jerky little move she makes that they are so fond of? Annoys the heck out of me.

That said - she has a decent voice.

I just don't see what the judges are so enamored of when it comes to Megan Joy. They are seeing something commercial about her that I just don't. I am not pulled to her personality at all, but it's early in the season. Help me out here...what am I missing?

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-06-09, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: megan joy"
Did she do more of her twisting knee bends? Gah!

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-09, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: megan joy"
Yep, more glue her feet to the floor to keep from doing an Elaine from Seinfeld kick with them and then try to do the kick so you wiggle.

Not sure why she thinks that wiggle is cute.

Her voice is OK but the performance annoys me so much I'm sure she is top 5 or so.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-06-09, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: megan joy"
>>Yep, more glue her feet to the floor to keep from doing an Elaine from Seinfeld kick with them and then try to do the kick so you wiggle.

LOL. That Seinfeld episode was just on FOX the other night. Coincidence ? I don't think so.

My PIN number is 7232. Please don't tell anyone, I'm just putting it here so I won't forget it.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-09, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: megan joy"
Agreed completely. She has a fun quirky voice that is kinda neat, and she is a pretty girl, but the stupid wiggle bounce makes me crazy. I have started closing my eyes when she is singing to help alleviate my pain.

03-06-09, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: megan joy"
I am not fond of Megan Joy, but I thought the way attention all went to the loser Tatiana after the announcement was soooooo not fair to Megan Joy.

The camera and mic should have been on Megan Joy, the same way they were focused on the other wild card contestants when they went through.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-06-09, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: megan joy"
I agree 1000%. Now I know Megan doesn't have it in her, but she should have punched Tatiana in the face or shoved her off of the stage. Now that would have been a real reason for her to cry.

My PIN number is 7232. Please don't tell anyone, I'm just putting it here so I won't forget it.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-09, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: megan joy"
Can't stand twitchy. Why the judges think those "moves" are relevant, I have no idea. Gak.

Dave_W6DPS 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-11-09, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dave_W6DPS Click to send private message to Dave_W6DPS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: megan joy"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-09 AT 11:39 PM (EST)

>Can't stand twitchy. Why the
>judges think those "moves" are
>relevant, I have no idea.
> Gak.

I usually like the eye-candy, but it is hard to watch her. I do like her voice, though. If she would just stand still and sing.

I do wonder about the song choice--and that "caw caw" at the end...

She should be very entertaining, just not necessarily by singing.

finallytyping 400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-08-09, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: megan joy"
I can not stand this contestant. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.
And her corkscrew is like those bits of cork that get into my wine bottle. Annoying!

drebaby 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-12-09, 02:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail drebaby Click to send private message to drebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: megan joy"
I think Simon is the one that is really is really feeling Megan...I don't like her either and I am willing to bet that if she was in the bottom tonight, they would have saved her with their veto vote....

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-12-09, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: megan joy"
Maybe, maybe not. After all, I doubt that the judges would want to waste their veto vote in the first week. But it doesn't matter, since the viewers saved Megan.

03-18-09, 08:11 AM (EST)
13. "RE: megan joy"
Ok - gotta say - AGAIN - Megan Joy MUST go in the elimination show tonight. That annoying twitch cannot be allowed to perpetuate further into the season.

However, I'm having a hard time deciding between her and "I'm SOOOOOOOOO Cool Rocker Boy". So how about she bites the dust this week and RB next?

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-09, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "I finally get"
where she could fit in: Cole Porter tunes, maybe some Billie Holiday stuff. But sometimes she sounds like she's meowing.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-09, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I finally get"
You hear meowing, I hear purring.

A Slice of Manga

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-09, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: megan joy"
I thought she did very well. Pulling off a Patsy Cline song is tough to do, and I expected the comparision to go very much against her, those songs are just so perfect. But she did it very well. You could almost hear a little of the Cline's magic in her voice, and I think she will get even better.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-09, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: megan joy"
I am really liking her, alot. I hope she's kept around for quite a while.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-26-09, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: My interpretaion of Smokie Robinson's remarks last night"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-09 AT 10:38 AM (EST)

about Megan: He said something to the effect of: I've never heard anyone on American Idol with a voice quite like Megan.

I heard: How the heck did this woman ever make it past the idol judges with a voice like that?? She screams like a cat in heat, nails on a chalk board, and a dog who is howling all at the same time! Unique? Oh yeah, you betcha!!

And her rendition of that song was no different than any other she's ever done, whether it's MJ, Patsy Cline, or whoever: IT SUCKS!!!!**

**that is MY own interpretation, feelings, ideas, and do not necessarily reflect the ideas of the judges, audience, or anyone on this board. But hopefully the voters will get their ears cleaned out and come around this week!!!

ETA: had a few typos that needed to be tweaked. Otherwise, nothing changed. NOTHING AT ALL.

03-26-09, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: My interpretaion of Smokie Robinson's remarks last night"
If I may disagree at least a bit.

I've usually enjoyed her voice in the one on one things with the mentors and back when she auditioned, mostly because it is a little different, but that is when she is on pitch and singing well. I dunno how much some of the mentors watch AI, but even if they always watch you have to comment on the moment, not what happened last week, etc.

That is part of what makes her stage performances especially bad. I think in one interview or something she talked about never really getting into the choirs or the part in the play and all that, so I think part of the problem is she really has minimal experience on stage.

Most of the others have been on stage performing one way or another for quite awhile (church choir, singing group, musicals). I think the nerves really get to her and she is someone that never learned what to do with the nerves. It effects her actions (the weird dancing things) as well as her vocal performance.

The thing is that is something she could learn. Heck they teach classes on that at a lot of places like the Juliard because no matter your talent level your performance can be derailed by nerves or distractions.

mhdallas 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-26-09, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhdallas Click to send private message to mhdallas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: My interpretaion of Smokie Robinson's remarks last night"
I couldn't agree with you more, Mindy. I can't stand this girl. If the best thing a judge can say about you is that you look good (during a SINGING contest!)then there's obviously something wrong. I couldn't stand her last week, but last night about pushed me over the edge. Hopefully, tonight will be the last time we'll have to look at her not-that-damn-great face.

03-27-09, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "I wanted to reach through my TV last night and"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-09 AT 10:50 AM (EST)

last night and beotch slap her!! That snug little look/smile on her face said it all!! She KNOWS that she is getting votes from VFTW, plus friends and family, and she's already slated to be on tour, so in her mind, she has nothing to worry about.

She doesn't even have to worry about the judges' coming down on her, as in Scotty S., where she'd have to defend herself, either, because, normally, they eat her up!

I honestly have to say, in the last 6 seasons of my watching this show, SHE is the first contestant that I have felt was totally unjustly put on that stage, and kept on that stage. As I said before, there were several other young ladies who were SO much more talented who should've taken her place. But whatever...

And BTW, I think there may have been a reason she was 'never chosen for the musicals or plays', hmmmm, ya think??? Sorry, she just reallllllllllllllly irritates me!!!!! And I really am a pretty nice person. Honest, I am. No Gordon Ramsey in my blood, no Simon Cowell or Piers or any of those ugly Brits that love to intimidate and tear apart people. OK. I think I can face the day now.

03-27-09, 11:00 AM (EST)
22. "RE: I wanted to reach through my TV last night and"
John Stevens
Jasmine Trias
Scott Savol
Anthony Fedorov
Lisa Tucker
Haley Scarnato
Ramiele Malubay

I don't think she is any worse than any of those people, IMO.

All of them made the tour.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-09, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: I wanted to reach through my TV last night and"
I don't get the Megan hate. And agree that with those listed and could add a few others.

She doesn't have a "I'm owed this" attitude like a bunch of others that have been on there have and I personally think the girl can sing. I just want her nerves to calm down.

Mangalicious by The Slice
09/25/2008 Bre left for Iraq
04/29/2009 Bre leaves Iraq

03-27-09, 01:36 PM (EST)
24. "RE: I wanted to reach through my TV last night and"
I do agree that many have made the tour that did not warrant it! Jasmine Trias-that's another head scratcher!! I think that Megan's biggest problem, and it really isn't even HER fault, not from the beginning, anyway, was her pimpage from the judges. And how they swooned over her like she was their own personal mentee (is that a word? (Sorry)-hope you know what I mean. Like they had created any talent that she may have.

She, yes, like many others, is a very bad vocalist, performer, and add to that those flailing arms, and weird body movements, and you just get this strange person who is being set up for a huge fall later, when she tries to become a recording artist. Hopefully, because I am not really a vindictive person, she will find a niche somewhere-acting? Directing? Producting? Mentoring? Heck, who knows what's really there. But in MY very humble musical experience, and I usually agree with Simon (that's another head scratcher in this case), this girl is not slated for AI.

For Simon to sit there and tell Mike Sarver that he could never win-well, why the hell did they ever put him on there, then? And some of the other really nasty comments that have been made to the others, but NEVER to Megan until Wed. when she FINALLY was bad enough for them to open their ears and yes-it just doesn't all add up or make sense to me.

I suppose her time is coming, and I want you all to know, I will not be jumping for joy. I will just be happy that she will be taken out of this dillusion that the JUDGES and VFTW have put her in. Does that make sense?? Hope so! I really do love you guys!!!!

03-27-09, 03:38 PM (EST)
25. "RE: I wanted to reach through my TV last night and"
I really haven't seen the self-entitled I'm God's gift to music delusion out of of Megan.

She isn't quite as "I know I'm just here to be fodder" as Michael has been, but I don't get the same "I am winning this thing and y'all should just quit" thing that I saw in Alexis or some of the others on the show.

For what it is worth, I do find the Worsters much more likely to support their idols after the show is over than some of the other fan bases. Most of those picked are liked by a lot of people in a non-Worster way as well as in a Worster way. If they do something worth supporting (like making an album rather than internet videos), they will get support from the Worsters.

I know a lot of fan sites think it is a hate and hate only site. VFTW is more about the satire, and I've seen a lot more hate for some contestants on some more traditional fan sites when people need to slice and dice everyone but their chosen one.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •