The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Syesha Mercado...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-09-08, 02:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Syesha Mercado...."
I didn't see any thresds on her yet. Please don't let me be limed.

I lvoe her. What a beautiful voice. And her range is magnifico.

I'm in a minority here though. And she will probably get voted out if she doesn't capture more people.

Go ahead, be honest... Tell us what you like, and dislike about her.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Syesha Mercado.... Snidget 04-09-08 1
 RE: Syesha Mercado.... Magnolia_Rocker 04-09-08 2
   RE: Syesha Mercado.... bullzeye 04-09-08 5
 RE: Syesha Mercado.... Ahtumbreez 04-09-08 3
 RE: Syesha Mercado.... zombiebaby 04-09-08 4
 RE: Syesha Mercado.... singer 04-09-08 6
 RE: Syesha Mercado.... zazzy 04-09-08 7
 RE: Syesha Mercado.... Corvis 05-07-08 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-09-08, 07:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Syesha Mercado...."
I think my problem with her is boredom.

Gee, yet another black girl that thinks she is the second coming of Whitney Houston singing nothing but Diva songs because the only thing she wants to do is scream-sing.

I mean I know they cast her that way because every season needs at least one black Diva singer.

I'm waiting for her to find a way to still have a big voice and range but do something other than a virtual copy of a standard Diva song. Not that she isn't singing them well, but it is just so typical and so expected.

Look there she is, again, singing the Diva song, again, there's the big old note at the end she can scream, again. Just because that is how you were cast doesn't mean you can't have a break out performance (Fantasia and Summertime anyone) that is not just another Diva performance where you will always be compared to the original and come up a bit short (even when you are really good some of those diva performances are so iconic it is hard to really stand out while doing it, especially with a very familiar arrangement of the song)

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-09-08, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Syesha Mercado...."
^^^^What Snidget said.

I put this on the rank'em thread for Syesha. She is the lousiet song selector I have ever seen on this show. She keeps picking songs that are waaaaaaaay to big for her and I find that to be terribly arrogant. She doesn't live up to the songs so she needs to take that chip off her shoulder and pick a non-diva song.

My future Rockers! Twins Blog

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-09-08, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Syesha Mercado...."
She is the lousiet song selector I have ever seen on this show.

My thoughts exactly! I find it strange that week after week she gets ripped for trying to "tame the tiger", and yet week after week, she keeps going back to it. All the other contestants at least seem to be listening to the judges suggestions while she seems dismissive.

I give her credit - she has a great voice, and I think she is absolutely stunning, and yet like others, I am bored to tears with each and every performance. I am starting to like Kristy more than Syesha these days.

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-08, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Syesha Mercado...."
I usually like the Diva, but comparing Syesha to past divas, especially last season's, she just doesn't compare. She's my least favorite left.

Compare her to Melissa Doolittle's voice, you'll see where I'm coming from.

Agman took me to the islands

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-08, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Syesha Mercado...."
I think she is an actress who can sing. She does have a nice voice and is very pretty but she is very predictable.

She really is a cliche. Nothing too original about her.

Arkie's Art! He's real and he is looking for you!
"Bigfoot making the crop circles would expain a lot. Those size feet could tromp a lot over a night."~SurveySez

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-09-08, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Syesha Mercado...."
I agree with Ahtumbreez.

I love the girl, but she is a singing actress, not a singer or a song stylist. I like her, though.

--Singer

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-09-08, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Syesha Mercado...."
Batts, she can sing. I just don't hear the nuance that other divas have delivered on the show. Simon, I think, mentioned that she sings technically well but did not have the emotional connection. I think that was a good summary.

I also posted in the rankings thread that I read on another board that she may have (unfairly) been told by the producers to sing I Believe. This would not be the first time they have messed with song choice with contestants. A friend of hers posted on IDF or AI and they reported it. They also knew before the show that she was going 2nd, and that was before anyone else had mentioned the correct singing order, so it sounded legit to me. I think that's why she pushed back on Randy last night, but, of course, the average viewer has no idea about the behind the scenes machinations. I felt for her for her frustration last night.

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-07-08, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Syesha Mercado...."
I think Syesha had breakout performances last night. She was excellent and I think she'll have a career on Broadway. I don't know that she's an American Idol, but she was tons better than Archie and Jason last night. I have to wonder if she might actually make it to the final 2.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •