The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"LAKISHA!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

fizzy 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-22-07, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fizzy Click to send private message to fizzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"LAKISHA!"
Holy Crap! WHAT AN AMAZING PERFORMANCE. I rewound it on TIVO, recorded it and watched her again! I wonder if the actresses competing again Jennifer Hudson for Best Actress planted her in the competition to show Jennifer up. Man...that was an amazing performance of that song. The women were SO much better than the men.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: LAKISHA! Joe Clay 02-22-07 1
   RE: LAKISHA! JessicaRN 02-22-07 2
       RE: LAKISHA! nailbone 02-22-07 3
       RE: LAKISHA! fizzy 02-22-07 4
           RE: LAKISHA! brvnkrz 02-24-07 7
               RE: LAKISHA! YankeeDixieDoodle 02-26-07 12
           RE: LAKISHA! arkiegrl 02-25-07 10
 RE: LAKISHA! Wasabi 02-22-07 5
   RE: LAKISHA! prosecutor 02-23-07 6
       RE: LAKISHA! Jadens Mommy 02-24-07 9
 RE: LAKISHA! Jadens Mommy 02-24-07 8
 RE: LAKISHA! tamarama 02-25-07 11
   Melinda Jadens Mommy 02-26-07 13
   RE: LAKISHA! geekboy 02-26-07 14
       RE: LAKISHA! tamarama 02-27-07 15
 March 20th show aquariaqueen 03-21-07 16
 RE: LAKISHA! VisionQuest 04-11-07 17
   RE: LAKISHA! agman 04-11-07 18
   RE: LAKISHA! YankeeDixieDoodle 04-11-07 19
       RE: LAKISHA! Crazie 04-11-07 20
           RE: LAKISHA! YankeeDixieDoodle 04-12-07 21
               RE: LAKISHA! agman 04-12-07 22
                   RE: LAKISHA! YankeeDixieDoodle 04-13-07 24
 RE: LAKISHA! okaychatt 04-13-07 23
   RE: LAKISHA! tamarama 04-15-07 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Joe Clay 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-22-07, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Joe%20Clay Click to send private message to Joe%20Clay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: LAKISHA!"
Amen! Wow, what a voice and presentation! The new do and make-up really let her beauty shine. She has such a sweet, innocent presence and then she belts out a wingdinger and it's like where did that hot mama come from? A couple of huzzahs to the judges for reinforcing how good she is.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-22-07, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: LAKISHA!"
Between her voice and her humble, wide-eyed, grateful personality, she is definitely my favorite. I thought Melinda Doolittle had similar qualities and I also like her. So much better than the woman who was criticized by Simon and she said "I think I hit it." Love him or hate him, Simon is usually correct in his assessments and at this point they should be willing to take in what he has to say.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-22-07, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: LAKISHA!"
And loved Simon's response at the end, correcting her and saying "THAT's hitting it".

fizzy 4 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-07, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fizzy Click to send private message to fizzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: LAKISHA!"
Between her voice and her humble,wide-eyed, grateful personality,

However, with her billing herself as an actress I certainly hope it isn't an act. I would like to think she truly is that sweet and humble. But I don't know how she is able to come out with that kind of performance without believing in herself!

Along that line, I thought it was great when Ryan commented on Sabrina choosing an upbeat song and Sabrina slyly replied that she had gone back and watched all the shows and knew what worked. That's the way to play the game! I just wonder if Lakisha is doing the same. (and Melinda for that matter.)

Just a thought...

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-07, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: LAKISHA!"
I loved her comment too. My biggest complaints after this many seasons is that these contestants SHOULD be watching past seasons and learning from them. At this point, knowing the AI game is as important as good performances. IMHO.

One nation, under Romber

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-26-07, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: LAKISHA!"
>I loved her comment too. My
>biggest complaints after this many
>seasons is that these contestants
>SHOULD be watching past seasons
>and learning from them. At
>this point, knowing the AI
>game is as important as
>good performances. IMHO.
>
> One nation, under Romber

I get the impression, from most of the train wreck auditions, that these wannabes have never watched the show. Most of them can't even sing, but seem so "shocked" when they aren't sent through to Hollywood. If they'd watched the past seasons' auditions, I doubt they'd even bother wasting their, or the judges' time.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-07, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: LAKISHA!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-07 AT 11:54 AM (EST)

I thought she was a bank teller, not an actress.

Wasabi 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-22-07, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wasabi Click to send private message to Wasabi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: LAKISHA!"
First of all, I have to say that I LOVED her perfomance.

Here is an interesting bit. On YouTube there is a clip of her performing "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going"at the Gimme the Mike Houston 2005 finals. Check it out if you are interested at this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiOgIdHUrew

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-07, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: LAKISHA!"
I am being totally honest here. She is nowhere as great as JHud.
Ya she sang it good but that's only because she was the only powerful girl voice really there so ya she stood out. Simon is just praising her out of guilt for his critisizm of JHud when she was on AI. Lakisha sounds more like Fantasia all nasally to me.

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-24-07, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: LAKISHA!"
I have to disagree. Neither Lakisha nor Fantasia are nasal when they're singing.

02-24-07, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: LAKISHA!"
I
>wonder if the actresses competing
>again Jennifer Hudson for Best
>Actress planted her in the
>competition to show Jennifer up.

Huh? There's no way. And if anything, her singing that song will only remind people of JHud and how good she is.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-25-07, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: LAKISHA!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-07 AT 09:36 PM (EST)

I agree that Lakisha is a REALLY GOOD singer. She is REALLY GOOD.

However, I'm kinda worried that this is going to turn into a Mandisa situation -- not vocal quality, she seems to be a better singer than Mandisa - BUT,

Singing "I'm telling you" was a very self-indulgent move. I understand that the song has had more general exposure since the film came out, but it really feels wrong to me as an AI song. She shouldn't have chosen it.

After Wednesday, Melinda passed Lakisha on my own personal favorites list.

ETA: I agree with Prosecutor above - good as Lakisha was, she was not as good as Jennifer.

02-26-07, 02:10 PM (EST)
13. "Melinda"
I just learned that Melinda attends the same church a friend of mine attends.

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-07, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: LAKISHA!"
Hi Tamarama -

Please elaborate as to why you feel it was self-indulgent? I don't understand why you would think this? Let me explain...

The judges kept saying all last week - this is the top 24. You should come out here and blow us away at this point. Show us what you got, give us you all.

So Lakisha whipped out what Ryan rightly called a 'show stopper'. This is a song that very few people can sing. She sang it in a big way. Why is that self-indulgent? Why would that song be wrong as an AI song?

geekboy

Thanks for the sig help, Snidget!

02-27-07, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: LAKISHA!"
I wanted to think long and hard about this before answering. It's a very subjective thing, and I'm not sure how well I'll be able to explain myself -- Plus, I don't want to tick anyone off -- I know she's well loved already. Hell, I think she's amazing too.

I'm sure my feelings on this are a direct result of my musical theater background. I talked to a friend of mine about it - we hadn't discussed it at all, & I asked him what he thought. Without prompting, he said pretty much the same thing I had. So I picked his brain for the best way to put this into words. (yeah, I'm probably way over-thinking this.)

"And I'm Telling You..." is an iconic song - for 25 years it was owned by Jennifer Holliday, and almost no one else would touch it. It's one of the songs that comes up - without fail - when musical theater geeks sit around talking about audition mistakes. Conventional wisdom is Don't Sing It unless a director or producer requests it. Choosing to sing that song would be viewed as arrogant - and stupid. It's too hard to pull it off, and it's too hard dramatically and musically to cut it down to an appropriate audition length. (Another song like this would be "Another Hundred People" - one that I once made an idiot of myself with.)

Fast-forward to now -- with the film, the song is more in the general-public's eye, instead of just geeks.
BUT - now Jennifer Hudson owns the song. The nature of the song hasn't changed, it's just that the baton has been passed. (Though I understand Ms. Holliday is not happy about it.)

Contestants have been criticised in the past for choosing songs that other idols have succeeded with -- either on the show or later (Lisa Tucker singing Kelly last year). Would it be a good idea for anyone to sing "Bridge Over Troubled Water," "Summertime," or "Whipping Post" again?

So I think that it was a bad choice not only because of the song's history in general, but also it's connection to a past Idol.

Yes, the judges have told the contestants to bring it - but there are many, many songs out there that could accomplish that. And yes, it was a show stopper - but even if we're a wee small group, I bet I'm not the only one that thought the choice was a bit...off-putting.

It kinda felt like when Mandisa whipped out that gospel number & got all preachy on us last season.

I hope it amounts to nothing, I think she's WAY talented...but this made me go hmmm.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-21-07, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "March 20th show"
As much as I love her talent, last night scared me. There were so many other songs/singers which/who were so much more vibrant.

35 minutes after the show, I started voting for a solid hour, and got through each time, that's bad news!!!

Why did I vote so much? I am afraid that people think certain contestants are safe, and I think Lakisha deserves to stay for quite a while.

VisionQuest 1171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-11-07, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VisionQuest Click to send private message to VisionQuest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: LAKISHA!"
Has anyone else noticed that just one of her oobs is as big as Ryan's head? Watch it when they stand next to each other - it's pretty funny.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-07, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: LAKISHA!"
>Has anyone else noticed that just
>one of her oobs is
>as big as Ryan's head?
> Watch it when they
>stand next to each other
>- it's pretty funny.

Now that is something to keep "abreast" of! I also noticed that last night. It made it difficult to look at Ryan without laughing

A snidget original

04-11-07, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: LAKISHA!"
How can anyone help but notice her DD+ oobs when they're squashed into, and mostly out, of her B cup dresses? Melinda's go big ones, too, but she manages to keep hers covered.

Crazie 6 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-07, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Crazie Click to send private message to Crazie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: LAKISHA!"
I can't stand Lakisha. I'm sick of her trying to rally votes by mentioning she is a single mother.

04-12-07, 04:45 PM (EST)
21. "RE: LAKISHA!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-07 AT 04:47 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-12-07 AT 04:47 PM (EST)

There are still those of us who get turned off by the "single mother" angle. It bugged me about Fantasis. And, it bugs me about Lakisha. And, it isn't a racial matter. It would bug me just as badly if they were white. Whatever happened to getting married first?

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-07, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: LAKISHA!"

I just don't happen the think that Lakisha is all that. Yes she has a nice voice and can sing certain types of songs well, but, I thought she flopped big time for Latin night, and I'll be very interested to see what she can come up with for Country night!

ps. bring back Haley

A snidget original

04-13-07, 05:03 PM (EST)
24. "RE: LAKISHA!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-07 AT 05:11 PM (EST)

Fantasis affected me the same way. She sang one or two songs really pleasingly. But, "screamed" all the others. Getting on my nerves big time. Lakisha sings certain genres really well. But, Tony and Gloria's music isn't her strong suit. "Conga" was a flop. Singing it, and wearing a dress designed for a svelte B-cupper, really tripped her up.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-13-07, 07:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: LAKISHA!"
Lakisha has an amazing voice. I can see her in a Broadway show.

However, some of her original appeal for me has gone down the tubes. It's as if she's become just another singer. Not sure why.

I'm bored by her these days, despite the good vocals.

I still look forward to Lakisha's turn. And Melinda's. But they're both so polished.

Jordin is the one I really enjoy watching week to week. She has grown so much since the first performance, and that's been fun to watch.

Lakisha and Melinda were finished products from week one.

But Jordin just keeps evolving. She feels young to me. Lakisha and Melinda don't.

I'd buy all three of their albums, though.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

04-15-07, 09:56 PM (EST)
25. "RE: LAKISHA!"
>>Lakisha has an amazing voice.<<

Agree 100%.

>>I can see her in a Broadway show.<<

I can't. NO WAY.

She can't act. She lacks charisma singing for 2 minutes - would you want to watch her snooze her way through a 2 1/2 hour show?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •