The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sanjaya Malakar and What Good Karma Looks Like"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Richard Salva 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-05-07, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Richard%20Salva Click to send private message to Richard%20Salva Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sanjaya Malakar and What Good Karma Looks Like"
Sometimes in reality shows we see examples of spiritual principles played out dramatically. And it appears we have something like that happening this season on American Idol.

Sanjaya Malakar has floppy hair, a thin frame, and a heartwarming smile. He is a good singer, but few I think would call him a great singer. Yet here he is, week after week, carried along by a wave of popular enthusiasm, hanging with the big boys and girls.

It makes you think.

Is it just that he’s young, sweet (or so my wife tells me), and (looks at least) innocent and pure? Or is something else going on here?

Why do some people succeed when it seems by rights they shouldn’t — or at least, not to the extent that they do?

Consider this image: Someone works their whole life, striving for success and fame. They put out tremendous effort, but can’t quite reach their goal. We all have heard or know of people who have experienced this.

Is it possible that Sanjaya was someone like that in a past life? That he struggled and pushed so much — and fell just short of making it? To such a degree that in this lifetime, he only needs to put out a certain amount of effort — and success is his? Did he push against the fame barrier so hard in the past that he is breaking through now?

This principle would certainly explain some of the inequities of life.

I have studied the law of karma in action for many years and when I look at Sanjaya Malakar, I don’t see a nice young man with a big smile. I see a shining aura — the aura of someone coming into his own—the aura of someone who put out a lot of energy at some point to create that aura.

Sanjaya’s aura is bigger than he is. Sanjaya right now is more than the sum of his parts. We have seen his like before, and we will see it again.

Do not begrudge him his good fortune. According to the law of karma we all will eventually receive our due, whether in this lifetime or in a future one. And whatever you desire must eventually come to you.

Be at peace.

Richard Salva is author of the critically acclaimed book, Soul Journey from Lincoln to Lindbergh. He has lectured widely on yoga philosophy, reincarnation, and history, and has appeared on NPR and 21st Century Radio. His website is www.CrystarPress.com.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sanjaya Malakar and What Good K... Glow 04-05-07 1
 RE: Sanjaya Malakar and What Good K... bullzeye 04-05-07 2
 RE: Sanjaya Malakar and What Good K... finallytyping 04-05-07 3
 RE: Sanjaya Malakar and What Good K... Snidget 04-05-07 4
 Locking - duplicate topic Bebo 04-05-07 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-05-07, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar and What Good Karma Looks Like"
LOVE this post. Thank you.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-05-07, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar and What Good Karma Looks Like"
Is it possible that Sanjaya was someone like that in a past life?

Well, considering that Sanjaya has an Indian background (I believe), and many Indian people (Hindu's in particilar), believe strongly in reincarnation, maybe there is something to this.

A birthday present from Tribe

finallytyping 400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-05-07, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar and What Good Karma Looks Like"
How would you explain his seemingly gigantic ego?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-07, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Sanjaya Malakar and What Good Karma Looks Like"
My cynical self wonders what karma will be derived from using Sanjaya as a vehicle to increase one's book sales/web site traffic. I mean he's already making a whole ton of money for the producers of AI. I'd like the post a whole lot more without the little ad at the end, but I guess that is one of those your mileage may vary things.

Had he been another ethnicity would his sucess be less karmic? I mean he's just the most recent in a long line of long haired boys whose masculinity is muted enough that it does not threaten 12 year old girls. There is usually one every season. However they are usually not someone you would associate with Eastern mystical ideas.

I am in general a big fan of Eastern Philosophy, just wondering why it isn't Haley with the big aura?

"I am returning this otherwise good typing paper to you because someone has printed gibberish all over it and put your name at the top."
- An English Professor

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-07, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Locking - duplicate topic"
Welcome to the forums. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines - there's a link at the top of the page.

Since we're a threaded community, we encourage posters to generate good karma by posting to existing threads where possible instead of starting new ones. That way, people can more easily find a diverse range of discussions and can avoid repeating themselves responding to similar threads. Since there are already multiple open discussions about Sanjaya, I'm locking this thread as a duplicate. Please post further comments on Sanjaya on one of the open threads. Thanks.

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •