The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Finally. Why Mario dropped out. "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-13-07, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Finally. Why Mario dropped out. "
This is how it starts:

"A.I." Contestant Accused of "Masturbating" in Lawsuit

Former "American Idol" finalist Mario Vasquez is facing accusations that he tried to masturbate in front of a male employee in a bathroom on the set of the hit show in February 2005.
Shortly thereafter, Vasquez mysteriously dropped out of "Idol," citing personal reasons.

According to the lawsuit filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court and obtained by TMZ .....

http://www.tmz.com/2007/03/12/fallen-idol-accused-of-masturbating-in-front-of-male-employe

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out.... Magnolia_Rocker 03-13-07 1
   RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out.... Snidget 03-13-07 2
 RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out.... priestdi 03-13-07 3
 RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out.... priestdi 03-13-07 4
   RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out.... priestdi 03-13-07 5
       RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out.... frisky 03-13-07 6
           RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out.... agman 03-13-07 7
           RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out.... priestdi 03-14-07 9
 RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out.... DearAbby 03-14-07 8
   RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out.... mistyrose52 03-31-07 10
 RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out.... bob_chester 03-31-07 11
   RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out.... Snidget 03-31-07 12
       RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out.... bob_chester 03-31-07 13
           RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out.... agman 03-31-07 14
               RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out.... bob_chester 03-31-07 15
               RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out.... bob_chester 04-01-07 16
                   RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out.... agman 04-01-07 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-13-07, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out. "
Ya know. I find it hard to believe the validity of stories like these because of the length of time it takes to come out. 2 years....are you kidding me? Something this huge would have leaked a helluva lot sooner if true IMO.

A Tribe Original!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-13-07, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out. "
LAST EDITED ON 03-13-07 AT 08:10 AM (EST)

I was looking at some stuff. Edit as I pulled the info back up.

ETA: Link to the papers filed http://www.accesshollywood.com/pdf/MarioVazquezLawsuitWatermark.pdf

Not sure why it took this long, but sometimes you don't want to sue immediately.

It can screw up your getting another job, and I would be suprised if there wasn't some non-disclosure thing in the employment contracts that it may have been wise to let run out.

"I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!" Tom Lehrer

03-13-07, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out. "
some media on this:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1554484/20070312/mario_vazquez.jhtml?rsspartner=rssYahooNewscrawler

and this is interesting, this is what he told Access Hollywood at the time:

" has nothing to do with my family, nothing with me being sick, nothing like that. Basically there will be lots of hearsay on certain things," he added.

03-13-07, 10:06 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out. "
aaah. look what a friend of mine found:

someone posted this on twop two years ago.

Mar 14, 2005 @ 8:53 pm
Report · Post#439
Here's some "friend of a friend" gossip re: Mario's ouster that I tend to credit, but it might be nothing.

Anyhow, after those caveats: Seems Mario was caught jerking off with a (male) show employee in a bathroom, and they slammed his ##### with a zero-tolerance dismissal. Story gets weirder...show employee claims Mario "forced" him to do it.

Again, don't know what to make of this rumour, but there it is. If this is more-or-less the truth, I don't know what to think. You'd expect Mario to be, well, not so stupid, given the stakes. But if he is gay, and forced to conceal it, I could see him making some poor judgment calls given the stress they're all under.

03-13-07, 10:11 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out. "
now I have the link for that ^ ^ ^

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?s=c3e157a12befec804ef10ab5bbcb043e&showtopic=3123262&st=885&p=7371807&#entry7371807

frisky 11684 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-07, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out. "
Thanks, priestdi! That thread is great fodder for conspiracy theorists like me! Fun read!

No wonder they fixed him up better than other Top 12 finalists (aside from Carrie and Bo) after he quit. Two words: Hush.Money.

No wonder AI got all warm and fuzzy last week with the whole Warm n' Fuzzy Charitable Episode. Three words: Advance.Damage.Control.

When I first heard read the Mario headline last night on Perez -- "Mario accused of masturbating in suit" -- I thought: In a suit? Why was he masturbating in a suit? And why is the fact that he was wearing a suit while masturbating even relevant? Just goes to show you...beware the dangling participle!

Rolly made this.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-07, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out. "
LAST EDITED ON 03-13-07 AT 08:07 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-13-07 AT 08:06 PM (EST)

>Why was he masturbating in
>a suit?

LMAO!!I hadn't even thought of it that way until I read your post!!!And my friends say my mind can be in the gutter!

ps If he was masturbating in a suit you wouldn't neccessarily be able to see his participle dangling.....

03-14-07, 02:06 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out. "

lmao

do you know, I actually changed the headline on this thread, changed "suit" to "lawsuit" because that happened to me too? like the first 5 times I saw it, my brain pulled up images of mario in a monkey suit or something.

DearAbby 2959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-14-07, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DearAbby Click to send private message to DearAbby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out. "
Letterman's Top 10 List from two years ago seems a little prescient when you read #5.

Top Ten Reasons I Left American Idol
Presented by Mario Vazquez

10. "Well, for starters, I was really, really drunk."

9. "I've got my eye on the ultimate prize: 'Belgium Idol'."

8. "Yes, my career is over, but I just saved a bundle on my car insurance."

7. "After seeing Michael Jackson, maybe I don't want to be a pop star."

6. "Ryan Seacrest is all hands."

5. "I started liking when Ryan Seacrest was all hands."

4. "Screw it--I'm quitting this, too."

Vintage tribephyl 2006

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-31-07, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out. "
Love the top 10, even though it's missing a few-still pretty relevent, considering.

Wow, who knew? American Idol actually has a moralistic sense about it, after all!! I'm so glad now, that it was Carrie, the goat herder from OK that won, instead of Mario, whom I can't get out of my mind, in his suit in the bathroom........OH, PALEEEASSSE, someone, change the subject FAST!!!!!!!!!!!

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-31-07, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out. "
Can't even recall who Mario was, this is the non news event of the month.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-07, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out. "
I distinctly remember this.

He was the person everyone thought was likely to win the whole season when they got to the top 12. Had the performing skills and singing voice and charisma to go really far.

It was pretty shocking when it happened.

03-31-07, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out. "
I have watched all of AI accept the 1st one. Hmm my memory must be going I really can't remeber him. Must be my old age. lol

03-31-07, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out. "
> I have watched all of
>AI accept the 1st one.
> Hmm my memory must
>be going I really can't
>remeber him. Must be my
>old age. lol
Hi Bob, I had to look him up also. This is Mario Vasquez

A Snidget Original

03-31-07, 09:57 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out. "
I vaguely remeber him now. lol
Thanks Agman

04-01-07, 02:14 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out. "
Now I remeber him. Did not like him and glad he was gone at the time.

04-01-07, 02:49 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Finally. Why Mario dropped out. "
>Now I remeber him. Did not
>like him and glad he
>was gone at the time.
>
Join the club. lmao I think most people liked him, but he just bugged me for some reason.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •