The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Crying Girl"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

iloverob 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-21-07, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iloverob Click to send private message to iloverob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Crying Girl"
Did anyone else wonder where crying girl's parents were. The girl sitting next to her didn't seem to know her. I felt bad for her because I worried she'd be on Jimmy Kimmel or Jay Leno as a joke. Or be part of an internet 'priceless' joke. Nigel was sitting behind her; could he have been her dad?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Crying Girl selah 03-21-07 1
   RE: Crying Girl agman 03-21-07 3
 RE: Crying Girl FOXmePUHLEEZ 03-21-07 2
 RE: Crying Girl finallytyping 03-21-07 4
 RE: Crying Girl priestdi 03-21-07 5
   RE: Crying Girl selah 03-21-07 6
       RE: Crying Girl agman 03-21-07 7
           RE: Crying Girl Ricky 03-21-07 8
               RE: Crying Girl -- Good for her! tamarama 03-21-07 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

selah 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-21-07, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail selah Click to send private message to selah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Crying Girl"

that was too weird for words.. the way the camera was focusing on her I'm wondering if she was planted there.. in the 60s it was very common for girls to cry their heads off watching their "idols" I'm a mite suspicious of it seeing as how it was British invasion week and the British invasion took place in the 60s.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-21-07, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Crying Girl"
Agreed. Let me see.....here is some girl crying when she sees certain Idols and there does not seem to be any parent around. Then Sanjaya just happens to go down to her after the camera had already panned her a few times. Oh Yea then Ryan just happens to call her up to meet the Idols. And this hasn't happened that we know of yet this season, yet it suddenly happens on British Invasion week. That's a bit too coincidental for me.....

FOXmePUHLEEZ 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-21-07, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to send private message to FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Crying Girl"
What about the old Beetles footage? Girls not much older than her age screaming, crying, yelling, jumping up and down. Last night reminded me of the FIRST British invasion of the 60s.

finallytyping 400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-21-07, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Crying Girl"
I thought from the start that she was Nigel's daughter.
But now that talk of a plant is circulating, I would say,
definitely, she is a weeping willow.

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-21-07, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Crying Girl"
Answer is in insider blogs.

This is the best one, from an LA Times blog:

Who's That Girl?
Wed., Mar. 21

First things first: Who was the crying girl? After the show, I chatted with Idol’s newest superstar, the crying girl, Ashley Ferl, aged 13, from Riverside. For some long minutes after the show, Ashley remained in a state of inconsolable sobbing, unable to choke out a single word. However, through an interpreter (her mother) we were eventually able to learn some facts about the young superstar.

The family, I was told, obtained tickets on a website to attend a taping of “Smarter Than a 5th Grader” a day passage that included not just the taping of the show itself, but also the dress rehearsal of either “Grader” or “Idol.” The fates were kind, and the mother and daughter found their way to the “Idol” rehearsal, where Ashley’s waterworks began. Her prowess was quickly brought to the attention of “Idol” producers who summoned the clan to a ringside seat of honor at the final taping.

Her powers of speech slowly returning, Ashley revealed that while she was on stage she had been thinking that “this was the coolest thing ever.” Asked whom she was supporting in the competition she named “Sanjaya, Melinda, Gina and Jordin” as her picks, refusing to narrow her vote down to a single choice. All my journalistic powers of persuasion, cajoling, bullying and insistence that on her vote might turn the entire competition, that “Listen to reason, young Ferl, there can’t be four American Idols,” would not convince her to name a single favorite. To my every argument, she would only repeat her mantra, “All Four: Sanjaya, Melinda, Gina and Jordin.” And so the race begins in earnest, with tears at every step of the way.

selah 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-21-07, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail selah Click to send private message to selah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Crying Girl"
Her prowess was
>quickly brought to the attention
>of “Idol” producers who summoned
>the clan to a ringside
>seat of honor at the
>final taping.
>

Bingo! pretty sad .. very manipulative if its true.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-21-07, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Crying Girl"
Oh good lord, I have now lost just about all hope that anything about Idol is on the up and up. I'm starting to think that Simon and his producer buddies have already singled out some talent they want to give exposure to so they set up this rigged contest. All contestants are actors ala Joe Schmo and except for the 3 or 4 real talent the others are just a smoke screen. Look at all the money they make off of this. AHHHHHH now I feel better! Actually I am being a "bit" sarcastic as I don't think it's that contrived, but I do , however, feel that there's plenty to this "contest" that is rigged. waaaaaaaaaaa!!!boooo hooooooo sniff....sniff

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-21-07, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Crying Girl"
The producers did know about crying girl and put her in nice seats so they could focus on her, but it seems like she REALLY WAS CRYING !!

Crying girl is not a fake !! Long live Crying Girl !!

"A new broom sweeps clean, but the old broom knows the corners" - Martin, First loser on The Apprentice LA

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-21-07, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Crying Girl -- Good for her!"
They spotted a young fan that's soooo excited that she's completely losing her mind -- so they give her the time of her life by inviting her to the show...and get some good camera shots out of her.

So what? It was good TV - got us talking, right? And little chick was having the time of her life. I just hope she didn't wet her pants.

There's a world of difference between that and planting a child actor to create commotion....no way did they do this. Why would they need to? They could probably fill the theater with little girls like that if they looked around a little bit.

(btw, it goes back further than the Beatles too - there's old film of girls in the 40's losing it over a very young Frank Sinatra)

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •