The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TV interviews Paula."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-18-07, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TV interviews Paula."
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-07 AT 09:52 AM (EST)

The current issue, available for browsing-without-buying at better supermarkets near you.

Y'know, if you listen closely, you can actually hear what's left of her credibility dropping. 'My agent drilled me on the same old stupid excuses until I had them memorized and could trot them out for any question. The bad news is that now, they're the only things I can say.'

No, Paula, I don't believe you. The mean Internet people are going to pick on you some more. You know what you can do about that? Think. That's all. Just have an actual thought. Somewhere. Somehow. On the air if possible, just so you'll get witnesses. And that thought should be along the lines of 'What do I do after they all realize I'm useless?'

The easy answer: VH1. The hard one: change.

That's TV Guide, the shiny glossy no-follow-ups magazine of record. I was totally listening to two different microphones when I messed up the title.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TV interviews Paula. AshLanie 03-19-07 1
 RE: TV interviews Paula. priestdi 03-19-07 2
   RE: TV interviews Paula. priestdi 03-20-07 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-19-07, 06:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TV interviews Paula."
>LAST EDITED ON 03-18-07
>AT 09:52 AM (EST)

>
>The current issue, available for browsing-without-buying
>at better supermarkets near you.
>
>
>Y'know, if you listen closely, you
>can actually hear what's left
>of her credibility dropping.
>'My agent drilled me on
>the same old stupid excuses
>until I had them memorized
>and could trot them out
>for any question. The
>bad news is that now,
>they're the only things I
>can say.'
>
>No, Paula, I don't believe you.
> The mean Internet people
>are going to pick on
>you some more. You
>know what you can do
>about that? Think.
>That's all. Just have
>an actual thought. Somewhere.
> Somehow. On the
>air if possible, just so
>you'll get witnesses. And
>that thought should be along
>the lines of 'What do
>I do after they all
>realize I'm useless?'
>
>The easy answer: VH1.
>The hard one: change.
>
>
>That's TV Guide, the shiny
>glossy no-follow-ups magazine of record.
> I was totally listening
>to two different microphones when
>I messed up the title.

>

Aaah, so she was *brain washed*?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-19-07, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TV interviews Paula."
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-07 AT 03:48 PM (EST)

Funny how it's all in the eye of the beholder, isn't it?

I thought that was a rather good article, went a little deeper and into more detail than all the tabloid-style attack pieces I've seen lately. Good/happy news doesn't sell as well.

You prefer to think she's a drugged-out mess, fine.

But there's also a perpsective that sees her as someone who's coping with what could be a debilitating pain condition in a rather courageous way.

she's a fighter, and she's doing a number of big projects right now, simultaneously. Hard to see someone with a significant drug/thinking problem pulling that off. She jets across country to do her QVC gigs to promote her jewelry line, which she continues to develop and expand, she apparently has other lines of merchandise under development, she goes to Las Vegas all the time to work with a hotel where she's their entertainment director, and I think she has some charity endeavors underway too.

she's very non-linear in the way she thinks and talks (so am I so I have mucho sympathy) and has a sometimes whacky personality, it seems to me.

what's so hard to believe about the concept that there were technical difficulties? (sorry if I'm incorrectly presuming that's part of what you're referring to)

She'd been doing those interviews backt-to-back for hours that morning, the others were all normal.

she says she had two cities coming through her headphones at once. and didn't immediately know what was wrong. she was in a booth in a swivel chair. so while she waited for the technical people to sort it out, she swiveled around and got silly. Assuming they'd turned off the cameras while they decided which city she should talk to first.

and an interesting thing. you know the other judges and ryan too all say she never has alcohol when they go out to dinner together?

i know it sounds unbelievable, I have trouble with that too. But it's possible her back medications don't mix well, so she really can't drink.

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-20-07, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TV interviews Paula."
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-07 AT 03:44 PM (EST)

ah, she was on Letterman last night, and he hit her with all the big questions. sex with contestants, drinking, drugs, painkillers, her loopy Seattle interview.

it's worth a watch, she handled it all rather well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv64jndr7rI

"This behavior is because many many years ago it happened. I was abducted by aliens, and my body's just a vessel."

smacks a bit of letterman's scriptwriters, lol, but she carried it off pretty well.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •