The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"No judges of talent"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-26-07, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"No judges of talent"
Paula, Randy, and Simon are no judges of talent. Wednesday night's first auditioner, who sang I Heard it Through the Grapevine, was the best I've heard all season. But Simon said he was "too caberet" and "over the top" while Paula and Randy passively went along with him. Yet, they let others, with far less talent, who were much more caberet and over the top, squeal their way through to Hollywood.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: No judges of talent AshLanie 01-30-07 1
   RE: No judges of talent Magnolia_Rocker 01-30-07 2
       RE: No judges of talent AshLanie 02-20-07 17
 RE: No judges of talent geekboy 01-30-07 3
 RE: No judges of talent Colonel Zoidberg 01-31-07 4
   RE: No judges of talent geekboy 01-31-07 5
       RE: No judges of talent Magnolia_Rocker 01-31-07 6
           RE: No judges of talent geekboy 01-31-07 7
               RE: No judges of talent Magnolia_Rocker 01-31-07 8
                   RE: No judges of talent geekboy 02-02-07 9
                       RE: No judges of talent Magnolia_Rocker 02-02-07 10
                           RE: No judges of talent geekboy 02-02-07 11
                               RE: No judges of talent Magnolia_Rocker 02-02-07 12
                                   RE: No judges of talent YankeeDixieDoodle 02-16-07 15
                                       RE: No judges of talent geekboy 02-16-07 16
                       RE: No judges of talent AshLanie 02-20-07 18
 RE: No judges of talent bob_chester 02-08-07 13
   RE: No judges of talent YankeeDixieDoodle 02-16-07 14
       RE: No judges of talent bob_chester 02-20-07 19
           RE: No judges of talent YankeeDixieDoodle 02-21-07 20
 RE: No judges of talent agman 03-02-07 21
   RE: No judges of talent YankeeDixieDoodle 03-05-07 22
       RE: No judges of talent agman 03-05-07 23
           RE: No judges of talent bob_chester 03-05-07 24
               RE: No judges of talent agman 03-05-07 25
 RE: No judges of talent bb82044 03-07-07 26
   RE: No judges of talent agman 03-13-07 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-30-07, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: No judges of talent"
LAST EDITED ON 01-30-07 AT 08:22 AM (EST)

Totally agree.

I am watching reruns of season one and at one point Simon says he doesn't like Clarkson (Says she doesn't stand out etc) and puts her in the maybe list.

I think the judges get too caught up in looks.....most times their reason for not accpting a person is: You're not what we're looking for....You don't look like an american idol......

What exactly does an American Idol look like anyway?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-30-07, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: No judges of talent"
What exactly does an American Idol look like anyway?

For Simon? The Carrie Underwood's of the world.

A Tribe Original!

02-20-07, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: No judges of talent"
>What exactly does an American Idol
>look like anyway?

>
>For Simon? The Carrie Underwood's
>of the world.
>
>
>
>A Tribe Original!

Chuckling...or the Picklers?

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-30-07, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: No judges of talent"
I remeber the audition from Wednesday night that you are talking abut, and while it was happening, i was thinking to myself "Trying too hard, not getting through", and i was right.

Its easy for us to sit back and watch, and criticize the judges, but as Randy says all the time "We're looking for the best, the person who will stand out and bring something fresh, those people who have the talent, and would never get their foot in a recrd company's door"

Granted, i don't always agree, but they're just doing their job. They've seen A LOT more singers than you and I have, and they know how the business works A LOT better than you and I do.

geekboy

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-31-07, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: No judges of talent"
Simon and Randy will take a performance that was just OK and tell the performer that they were the worst singer in history, and then the exact same performance from another person gets them passed through to Hollywood. It's as if Simon doesn't want to do his job anymore and is therefore trying to discourage people from trying out, thereby weakening the talent pool and killing the show. He has no taste in anything, and perfectly good singers who got a "yes" vote from Randy and Paula got an angry "no" from Simon.

Save the vitriol, anger, and hate for the people who deserve it. Brandy from last night was one who did.

01-31-07, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: No judges of talent"
Yes! Finally!

Its AI season, let the conspiracy theories roll!

'Bout time!

geekboy

01-31-07, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: No judges of talent"
LAST EDITED ON 01-31-07 AT 10:21 AM (EST)

I don't consider this a conspiracy theory GB. Every year the judges have in mind the "type" of singer they want to win. Noone can convince me otherwise. It has been reported by numerous sources that talented people get turned away before they even get in to see S/P/R because "they aren't what they are looking for this season". I believe they want a bluesy type to win this year. A lot has pointed towards that so far during the auditions. Rewatch the previous audition tapes from this year so far and count how many times "blues" has been said by the judges.

A Tribe Original!

01-31-07, 11:13 AM (EST)
7. "RE: No judges of talent"
Hi Mags -

I have to disagree with you. You, in your reply, are adding fuel to another conspiracy theory.

In essence, what you are saying is that the judges/producers have a type of singer in mind that they want to win. This goes along with the theory that the judges comments "sway the voting public" into voting for whom THEY want to win.

If this was true...would Taylor have won last season? I really don't think that AI would have picked Taylor to be the season's winner. I think the Taylor Hicks win blew most, if not all, of these 'AI is rigged' theories out of the water.

geekboy

01-31-07, 11:59 AM (EST)
8. "RE: No judges of talent"
Come'on now GB. You are going to sit there and say that the judges don't have the person picked out that "they" want to win??? I'm not saying they "will" win because the public does the voting but you can bet your left....ummm...PG13 board....ear that they have a favorite. You're confusing the psychos that say the voting in fixed with what I'm saying. Two totally different things. Everyone has opinions and favorites, even the judges.

A Tribe Original!

02-02-07, 10:20 AM (EST)
9. "RE: No judges of talent"
Either I totally misread your previous post, or you're changing your story here.

Above, you stated that they pass over talented people because 'they ar not what they are looking for' that year.

Now you are simply saying they have their favorites.

geekboy

02-02-07, 12:15 PM (EST)
10. "RE: No judges of talent"
The producers that pre-judge do pass over talented peeps. They also say "You're not what we're looking for this year". Now, that to me means "you've got tons of talent but for whatever reason we have this year your not going through to S/P/R. My question to you is why do they do that?

The ones having their favorites I was referring to S/P/R from the ones that the producers "do" let through.

A Tribe Original!

02-02-07, 02:08 PM (EST)
11. "RE: No judges of talent"
How do you know this? Who did you get this information from? I find this quite hard to believe.

Last year alone we had a "country blonde", a "hardcore rocker", a "country guy", a "blues/rock guy", a couple "R&B girls", a "gospel girl", a "jazzy guy"...

I don't see a pattern there. Looking back over the other seasons, there really wasn't a pattern in any year. I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I guess i just don't buy it.

geekboy

02-02-07, 02:51 PM (EST)
12. "RE: No judges of talent"
There have been a couple of people on this board that had very close friends/family try out for AI and they were told this by the screening judges. You can choose to believe these posters and/or the friends/family that told them this are flat out lying but I choose not to. I don't trust the producers behind shows like this any further than I could throw them to honestly look for "only" the best. Afterall, that would make for very poor entertainment in the eyes of many viewers.

Just my 2 cents.

A Tribe Original!

02-16-07, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: No judges of talent"
I've read quite a bit, on other MB's, about the pre-screening process. What astounds me is that the producers send so many, with no vocal ability whatsoever, to the judges. And, the TV time they waste on their "auditions" and tantrums when they aren't chosen. We see too much drama. And, too little talent.

02-16-07, 03:57 PM (EST)
16. "RE: No judges of talent"
Its called -

Ratings.
Advertising.
Money.
Money.
MONEY.

Yes, i tire of the awful auditions, but there is a huge number of viewers that ONLY tune in to see the trainwrecks. That is why each season, there are more of the bad auditions. People want it. People watch in droves.

And, it means money.

You may not enjoy, i know I don't enjoy it, but you can't argue with their decision, can you?

geekboy

02-20-07, 07:58 AM (EST)
18. "RE: No judges of talent"
>Either I totally misread your previous
>post, or you're changing your
>story here.
>
>Above, you stated that they pass
>over talented people because 'they
>ar not what they are
>looking for' that year.
>
>Now you are simply saying they
>have their favorites.
>
>geekboy

I feel they do pass over talent for someone that they have decided is the AI persona for that year.

When the last two male and females were sitting there...both that were rejected were much better than the two picked (The female had been told she was the best of the day). Isn't it Simon that always says: If you forget your words you are doomed yet both that were picked to go on forgot their words.

First season Simon disliked Clarkson, said she was not an AI persona...she didn't stand out yet liked her voice very much, etc and put her on the maybe list....they needed one more girl to go on and Randy and Paula fought for Clarkson......and as they say the rest is history.

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-08-07, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: No judges of talent"
And you are one a good judge? lol Easy to be the critic.
They are number 1 in the ratings. lol

02-16-07, 03:22 PM (EST)
14. "RE: No judges of talent"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-07 AT 03:34 PM (EST)

I think the drama, rather than the judges, is responsible for the ratings. All the horrible auditions. The rejections. And, the tantrums. But, I don't even listen to the drama. My mute button gets quite a workout.

02-20-07, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: No judges of talent"
I love it all of it. It is like watching Jerry Springer. It is so great.

I love the judges they are hilarous too.

Myabe you should just cahnge the channel instead of wearing out he mute button.

02-21-07, 03:04 PM (EST)
20. "RE: No judges of talent"
I watch in case there's someone worth voting for.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-07, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: No judges of talent"
I think that randy and Simon are actually pretty good judges of talent. I can never figure paula out. Becuase the show is so highly rated, and because,unfortunately, people seem to want to see more trainwrecks,The show seems to focus much more on the cr*p than it used to. I sometimes wonder if they let people through to evoke a specific response and try to keep people interested in what's going on. I agree it does seem as if they are inconsistant about who they let through and why!

03-05-07, 03:50 PM (EST)
22. "RE: No judges of talent"
It certainly doesn't make sense that the producers would turn thousands of AI hopefuls away, because they "aren't what we're looking for" yet let so many who obviously aren't AI material "audition" for the judges.

03-05-07, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: No judges of talent"
I agree! I think as long as they can make money off the singers with "questionable at best" talent, they will keep doing it that way. I hate to say it but I use to enjoy watching the talent-challenged wannabes. I can say that I'm now tired of it.

03-05-07, 06:51 PM (EST)
24. "RE: No judges of talent"
Most Real talent can make it without AI.

03-05-07, 10:42 PM (EST)
25. "RE: No judges of talent"
I couldn't agree more. But it is fun to watch and see if any of these contestants end up making it big!

bb82044 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-07-07, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bb82044 Click to send private message to bb82044 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: No judges of talent"
THIS YEARS TALENT IS NOT THERE. THE ONLY TALENT THEY HAVE IS DOLITTLE. I HAVE ALWAYS WATCHED AMERICAN IDOL AND ENJOYED THE SHOW.
THIS YEAR THE TALENT IS SO HORRIBLE I ONLY LOOK AT IT IF I AM COMING THROUGH A ROOM WITH A TV.
SIMON WOULDN'T KNOW TALENT IF IT SLAPPED HIM IN HIS UGLY FACE. I AM NOT BEAUTY BUT I WOULD RATHER BE ALONE THAN PUT UP WITH SIMON EVEN THOUGH HE DOES HAVE MONEY. I HOPE SIMON GETS TO SEE THIS AFTER ALL I AM 63 YEARS OLD!

BUGS BUDDY OUT

03-13-07, 08:19 PM (EST)
27. "RE: No judges of talent"
Yo Dog, like check it out.....Your post was just awwwright for me cause you yelled through the whole thing! I do have to give you this....Overall the talent is really lacking this year. I don't think they will have a winner, they're going to have to "settle" for one. Peace out

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •