The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ryan Seacrest"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-21-07, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ryan Seacrest"
Here I go again... Ryan totally ruins the show for me! You would think he would be better at his job after so many seasons. He constantly seems unprepared, misses his cues, and seems to have made an art form out of embarrassing contestants. He really bugged me last night when he was going out of his way to make the guys more nervous right before they went on stage. What a gracious "host" (NOT!). He makes himself look like an even bigger azz when he tries to insult Simon. He tries so hard to be funny but he's not and just creates awkward TV moments.
Nobody else thinks the guy sucks? Anybody?? This is impossible for me to believe.
Please don't feel the need to defend the guy, I know some of you just love him! I'll never get it.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ryan Seacrest Glow 02-21-07 1
 RE: Ryan Seacrest emydi 02-21-07 2
   RE: Ryan Seacrest JessicaRN 02-21-07 3
       RE: Ryan Seacrest nogwart 02-21-07 4
           RE: Ryan Seacrest Glow 02-21-07 5
               RE: Ryan Seacrest prosecutor 02-21-07 7
                   RE: Ryan Seacrest Joe Clay 02-22-07 12
           RE: Ryan Seacrest YankeeDixieDoodle 02-21-07 9
 RE: Ryan Seacrest Joe Clay 02-21-07 6
   RE: Ryan Seacrest LisaPles 02-21-07 8
 RE: Ryan Seacrest SilverStar 02-21-07 10
   RE: Ryan Seacrest nailbone 02-21-07 11
   RE: Ryan Seacrest finallytyping 02-22-07 13
       RE: Ryan Seacrest YankeeDixieDoodle 02-26-07 17
 RE: Ryan Seacrest marchbabe 02-23-07 14
   RE: Ryan Seacrest LisaPles 02-28-07 21
 RE: Ryan Seacrest thecrossbowkid 02-23-07 15
   RE: Ryan Seacrest Glow 02-23-07 16
 RE: Ryan Seacrest geekboy 02-26-07 18
   RE: Ryan Seacrest Jadens Mommy 02-26-07 19
       RE: Ryan Seacrest neatcolleen 02-26-07 20
           RE: Ryan Seacrest tamarama 03-01-07 24
           RE: Ryan Seacrest agman 03-02-07 25
   RE: Ryan Seacrest tamarama 03-01-07 23
 RE: Ryan Seacrest jbug 03-01-07 22
   RE: Ryan Seacrest LisaPles 03-07-07 26
       RE: Ryan Seacrest agman 03-07-07 27
           RE: Ryan Seacrest agman 03-10-07 29
 RE: Ryan Seacrest Oscar447 03-08-07 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-21-07, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
I think everybody in charge of this show has overestimated the the level of humour the viewing public finds in badgering Simon. I think, in time, everybody will be as annoyed by it as some of us are if they keep it up at this level. It would have worked better for Chris Sligh two or three years ago. Now he just looks like a band wagon jumper onner who is trying to be "funny" to get votes. It used to be kind of funny. Now? It's just stupid and the opposite of funny (read: not at all funny. not even a little bit).
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-07, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
I like him so much better in the auditions when he waits outside....I hate the Simon stuff too....that whole thing wtih Chris S was painful to watch

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-21-07, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
Chris certainly went down in my opinion. Ryan and the others can insult each other because they have a history. What Chris said was similar to the new guy at work insulting the boss the first day because everyone else was doing it. It just rubbed be the wrong way. Oh and Ryan bugs me also. I often mute or FF through his banter.

nogwart 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-21-07, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nogwart Click to send private message to nogwart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-07 AT 12:21 PM (EST)

Yes, I totally agree that Chris' humor attempt failed miserably. And, yes, Ryan's attempt to keep it going made it much worse. Also, his pathetic attempt of intimidation, "Don't call me sweetheart", was just as bad. Then there was the jab at the end of the show when he thanked the judges, Randy and Paula (obviously excluding Simon). Simon actually seemed unsettled by this crap. I wonder if words (or fists) were exchanged after the show. Of course, it all could be "part of the show", but I don't believe Ryan or Simon are that good at acting.

02-21-07, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
Ryan, Simon and Randy were on one of the talk shows on Monday night. I forgot to watch it. Now I'm kind of curious what was said. Wonder if it's on youtube.

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-21-07, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
glow, they were on Leno they were all one big happy family, Paula came out at the end and sat on Simon's lap and smooched all three men. It was all good. Randy mentioned about Jennifer Hudson being his wild card pick that season and Simon joked that when he first saw her he said Oscar (LMAO).Then he (Simon)took a drink out of the cup they were all provided. It was fun sorry you missed it.

Joe Clay 40 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-07, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Joe%20Clay Click to send private message to Joe%20Clay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
Call me crazy but Simon and Paula do an awful lot of intimate kinds of touching, such as holding hands, whispering, arm on her chair for two people who aren't in a romantic relationship.

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-07, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
Chris' humor failed no worse than his singing. From his first audition, I've failed to see any talent in him. I see him as an early casualty of the viewer voting process,

Joe Clay 40 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-07, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joe%20Clay Click to send private message to Joe%20Clay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
I absolutely agree with you. There were several points during the show that I found to be excruciating because of Ryan's comments/pauses etc. It was especially disgusting to hear his comments to Ned (?) just prior to the guy having to sing in front of 30 million viewers!! Thanks to Simon for ackowledging how nervous Ned was and how good his voice sounded.

02-21-07, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ryan Seacrest "
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-07 AT 03:05 PM (EST)

Bless you all for understanding where I'm coming from!
Joe, I was also especially disgusted at Ryan's comments to Ned and that prompted this post. His role should be to put the contestants at ease, not to taunt them. When you consider that it was the very first show of televised performances he was particularly inappropriate and thoughtless. Ryan acts like an out of control juvenile when he reacts emotionally to Simon. Instead he should have some concept of professionalism and stay focused on doing his job as "host".

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-07, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
All of Ryan's little jabs at Simon were highly annoying to me. But so were Paula's. She can't let him (Simon) say one word without rolling her eyes or making some stupid comment. They need to cut that crap out. I don't think watching people act like 4 year olds is entertaining. Simon is mean, he's evil, you like to taunt him. We.get.it. *rolls eyes*

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-07, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
I agree completely with everything you just said.

finallytyping 400 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-07, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
I think Ryan just needs to control his ego. He's locked in
as host because the producers prefer consistency, not because
he's all that.

As for Simon, I value his opinion much more than the other
two judges. It seems that Paula rates the singers based on
her ability to sing, and since that isn't a very high bar, that
is why they are all "great" in her judgement.

Simon, on the other hand, is basing his opinion purely on the talent of those who have made it big in the business. It isn't personal for him. I have always agreed with him 100%.

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-07, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
I heard one of Paula's "songs" on the radio recently. Yepper, her bar is pretty low. And, her antics are ridiclous. Such as, during the fourth season auditions, declaring that, unless Randy and Simon pass a guy, who couldn't even sing, through to Hollywood, she'd quit the show. Because she liked his dancing. And, it was all a big lie. She admitted later, to Tony Danza, that she hasd no intentions of quitting. Even if the other two had rejected him.

marchbabe 28 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-07, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail marchbabe Click to send private message to marchbabe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
LAST EDITED ON 02-23-07 AT 00:41 AM (EST)

I couldn't agree with you more.
Ryan is such a dork. I cringe when he starts trying to talk trash about Simon. I know I'm probably one of the only ones that actually like Simon. He is the only judge with any sense and has an ear for people that can actually sing.
Anyway. Ryan just annoys me to no end. I was hoping they would have replaced him after the first season.

Just my opinion.

02-28-07, 12:10 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
>Ryan just annoys me to
>no end. I was hoping
>they would have replaced him
>after the first season.

I couldn't believe he was invited back for another season after how terrible he was the first time around. And every season since then I can't believe they have brought him back YET AGAIN. He is so stale, this show needs some new faces really badly!

thecrossbowkid 40 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-07, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thecrossbowkid Click to send private message to thecrossbowkid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
Right there with you Lisa.

Did you notice that, along with trying to heighten the stress the AI contestants are going through, he also seeks to maximize their misery when they are voted off by sticking a microphone in their face and asking them "So how do you feel?" !?!?

He is a sadistic bully. Remember how he sarcastically ridiculed the parade of naive and untalented fringe contestants during the lengthy audition episodes? Seacrest is like the rich, preppy jock who picks on the weak and insecure.

He is also painfully unfunny. He has no business hosting this show and is almost as much of a detraction as Paula's drugged out ramblings. I can sense in the banter between him and Simon that Simon truly hates him too. Another judgement Simon is correct about.

Burn Seacrest, burn.

02-23-07, 12:53 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
My favorite was his run-on sentence to Chris last year: "chris, manypeoplehavethoughtsincethebeginning thatyou wouldbegoingtothefinals along with Kat ChrisI amsorrytosaythatyou aregoinghometonight. Howdoyoufeel?"

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-26-07, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
I guess I'm the only one who likes Ryan, and enjoys the Ryan/Simon banter?

Thanks for the sig help, Snidget!

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-26-07, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
I like it when they are all smiles about it. I don't like it when they look like they want to kill each other or if they do it too much. It gets old.

neatcolleen 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-26-07, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail neatcolleen Click to send private message to neatcolleen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
I was just talking to my best friend about this the other night. It really seems to us that Ryan must have like some close group of friends that he does "subtle" comments/actions for when it comes to contestants, as if they laugh about it later.

For instance, last week, when next to Jordin Sparks I think it was... he said how he is "always shorter" because she's in heels and already taller, and she laughs. Then he throws in "and smaller"... and her face kinda contorted as if to think, "did he just offend my size"?

Then he did it again with someone else who was "larger" in size, I forget entirely what/who it was, but once they had performed, he talked to the judges and motioned with his hands about something increasing in size, and asked the judges how he/she could *expand* their singing knowledge. Okay, not exactly, but it was something like this, and I just remember thinking "does he really do this and then say to his friends something like, 'yea did you see the hand motion I made about _____" and laughing.

He just seems like a real creep to me, both off and on camera.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
I don't believe for a moment that Ryan is making secret jokes & hand signals about contestants being fat.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-07, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
I think Ryan Seacrest is a distraction to the show. He never says anything original and I think his whole relationship with simon on camera is very er......questionable.. most guys don't make anywhere near the amount of gay comments/attempted jokes, that they do. I also belive that he thinks he's all that, but really he's just a legend in his own mind.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
>>I guess I'm the only one...<<

Nope! I'm right there with you!

I like Ryan. And I've noticed - starting with last season - that he's getting better & more polished since Dick Clark started grooming him as successor.

Ryan asks the contestants how they're feeling because
A) It's his job
B) We all want to know what they're going to say
C) It gives contestants an opportunity to show their personality
D) If he didn't, people would complain about that

Emcees are under-appreciated -- like being the straight-man in a comic team. It's a tough job, a delicate balance, and I think Ryan is good at it.

As long as they don't get too gay-centric in their insults, I don't mind Simon & Ryan bickering. I LIKE it when Ryan questions Simon's comments - it gives Simon more time to talk. I DO mind Paula constantly interrupting Simon.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
IMO, who needs a host at all if this is the best they can do!
DH told me he had heard (talk radio) that Simon & Ryan really are friends and get along - that the ugliness is all just for show. Well if they're doing it for me they can quit now!

Simon is entitled to his opinion - and the right to voice it! That is part of why he is there,right? He is not always spot on, but at least he doesn't just gush & coo cause they "look good".

Tho I did think Laskiha (sp?) looked good in her orange shirt & skirt. Maybe another color would have been better BUT the outfit fit her well and complimented her size rather than emphasizing it as so often happens with the plus size gals.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

03-07-07, 03:48 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Ryan Seacrest "
Has anyone noticed that Ryan is always holding his pinky finger? What's up with that? My husband thinks it's a nervous habit because he is trying so hard to read the teleprompter and not screw up his lines. I think there is a string there that is attached to his __________.

03-07-07, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Ryan Seacrest "
Oh my god!!!!That's a very scary thought! Couldn't you just see him ripping his pants one day because of that?

03-10-07, 08:46 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Ryan Seacrest "
>Oh my god!!!!That's a very scary thought! Couldn't you just see him ripping his pants one day because of that?

too bad ryan
/user_files/45f335046b6f6b53.jpg

Oscar447 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-08-07, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscar447 Click to send private message to Oscar447 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Ryan Seacrest"
I totally agree. Ryan Seacrest is the new Kato Keilin, a no-talent pretty boy who is stupid and an embarrassment.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •