The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

JUST FRED 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-18-07, 02:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JUST%20FRED Click to send private message to JUST%20FRED Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
WHAT'S UP WITH SIMON COWELL ROLLING HIS EYES WHEN VIRGINIAN CHRIS RICHARDSON SENDS A HEARTFELT SENTIMENT TO INDIVIDUALS TRAGICALLY AFFECTED BY THE TERRIBLE EVENT AT VIRGINIA TECH IN BLACKSBERG, VA. COWELL'S REACTION WAS IN BAD TASTE AND HORRIBLY TACKY AT BEST. I AT THAT MOMENT WAS RELIEVED THAT COWELL IS NOT AN AMERICAN, AS NOT TO SEND A MESSAGE TO ANYONE WATCHING PARTICULARLY TO PEOPLE WATCHING OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES, THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS NOT REPRESENTATIVE OF US HERE IN AMERICA AND OUR ATTITUDE WHEN COPING WITH A TRAGETY OF THIS MAGNATUDE. LATER, COWELL MAKES MENTION OF THE EVENT AND HIS SEEMINGLY SINCERE CONCERN INCLUDING IN IT PAULA ABDUL AND RANDY JACKSON. MY ADVICE TO MR. COWELL IS TO ALWAYS BE AWARE THAT IT IS A LIVE SHOW AND THAT ANYTHING YOU SAY OR DO MAY BE CAUGHT, SO IF THIS SENSELESS AMERICAN TRAGETY SOMEHOW DISTRACTS FROM YOUR BUSY, ALL IMPORTANT AND SELF-ABSORBED MONEY MAKING SCHEDULE, JUST IMAGINE HOW ANYONE WHO IS PERSONALLY AFFECTED BY THIS IS FEELING AND IF THEY ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT WHO YOU ARE, WHAT YOU HAVE, WHAT YOU SAY OR EVEN WHO WILL WIN THIS DISAPPOINTING SEASON OF AMERICAN IDOL. GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... geekboy 04-18-07 1
   RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... mrc 04-18-07 3
       RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... SilverStar 04-18-07 11
           RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... Snidget 04-18-07 14
               RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... Glow 04-18-07 16
                   RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... Snidget 04-18-07 21
               RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... SilverStar 04-18-07 19
           RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... mrc 04-18-07 15
   RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... Breezy 04-18-07 4
       RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... Magnolia_Rocker 04-18-07 6
           RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... Breezy 04-18-07 7
               RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... Snidget 04-18-07 8
                   RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... Breezy 04-18-07 12
           RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... Tazluli 04-18-07 10
               RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... PagongRatEater 04-18-07 13
           RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... YankeeDixieDoodle 04-18-07 17
       RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... YankeeDixieDoodle 04-18-07 20
           RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... Snidget 04-18-07 22
               RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... YankeeDixieDoodle 04-18-07 23
       RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... priestdi 04-18-07 26
           RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... Magnolia_Rocker 04-18-07 27
               RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... Breezy 04-18-07 28
                   NO MORE SHOUT-OUTS curveball 04-18-07 29
           RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... zazzy 04-18-07 30
               RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... priestdi 04-18-07 33
   RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... Fishercat 04-18-07 9
 Moved... Bebo 04-18-07 2
 His reaction moonbaby 04-18-07 5
   RE: His reaction YankeeDixieDoodle 04-18-07 18
 RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... payne0295 04-18-07 24
   RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... Glow 04-18-07 25
 RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... zazzy 04-18-07 31
 RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE ... agman 04-18-07 32
   the video... PagongRatEater 04-18-07 34
 Locking AyaK 04-19-07 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-18-07, 07:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
What an impressive CAPSLOCK key you have. I'm jealous...

Anyway, what I believe Simon was rolling his eyes about is that perhaps he felt Chris made the comment to get some sympathy votes. Its definately a possibility, and there are other more appropriate places/times to make that comment, in my opinion.

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-18-07, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
I agree--Simon probably did perceive the comment as an attempt to pander to voters. (Personally, I think Chris probably was trying to express his sympathies, but, yes, he could have chosen a better time and place to do so w/o coming across as crassly attempting to win votes.)

A producer probably caught Simon's expression, which explains the awkward condolences given in the middle of critiquing a contestant that followed shortly thereafter.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
What other time could Chris have chosen that would have been more appropriate? The only time the contestants get to speak is when they are getting the judges comments. Should he have done it at the beginning his performance? Interrupt Ryan as he's signing off the show?
Unless you are suggesting that he not do it on the show at all, rather in an interview or something.

*shrug* I don't think that Chris was using that as a way to get votes, and I certainly wouldn't classify his shout out as crass. I would leave that word for Simon. JMO.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
That may be when they have a chance to speak, but he could have done something to get into it better than a throw away line after being very snarky.

He could have gone to the producers an what happened in my intro film.

They may have said no, but I would think that a producer would allow 10 seconds of the rehersal tape to be used like that. It isn't like it happend just before the live show.

He could have done a dedication to Virgina Tech at the start of the performance. Start with, "I dedicate this performance..." before getting into the song. Or ended the song with a mention. A lot of them say thank you at the end, he could have snuck in a couple of words.

He could have avoided doing anything snarky with the judges comments and just used his time with Ryan to say something about VT if it was so important for him to say something.

There are a lot of ways to handle it then tossing it away after being snarky about how he is doing his nasally thing on purpose.

Thanks to Scarlett O Hara for the memorial sig pic.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
oy. Okay. I should have known this would be a big topic today. Fortunately, it seems like SilverStar and I are on the same page. I think. Or maybe I'm kind of in between here.
I think Chris had EVERY right to give a shout out and there was nothing wrong with doing it after his performance.
I don't think he did it for votes. Not at all. Dude is from Virginia. He has ties there.
I get that he was kind of snide with Simon's comments about the "nasally singing".
But. Lots of people on the radio today sound "nasally". So that does make it a singing style.
I can see where Simon's rudeness in general made this look like he was rolling his eyes at the VT shout out. But. I don't think that's why Simon was rolling his eyes. I think he rolled his eyes because Chris brushed off the subject after he had his say and he knows he couldn't say anything else about his singing style.

04-18-07, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
I never meant to imply he had no RIGHT to say something.
He had every right.

I actually missed the shout out to VT rolling my eyes (and typing on the ECST with the judges thing) over his nasally thing, mostly because I don't believe he does it as a technique. I think he sings that way because he sings that way. If he normally didn't sing that way and this song really called for it, it would be one thing. I don't like the overly nasal sound to singing even if it is popular on the radio. I don't like it when I sound that way which I do a lot because of allergies and asthma.

I don't think is was just a ploy for votes.

I also don' t believe Simon is a total ##### and would be dissing the deaths of so many people. He might, IMO, be isolated enough he didn't immediately get what he was doing and was doing a "what was that" Although given his famous lack of attention sometimes I could also see him reacting to the previous nasal statement and have missed what was going on.

Your view of Simon may vary. I know he does the jerk thing well, but I also don't believe he really is that soulless.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
Well, I don't think Chris was being snarky with his nasally comments. Maybe I am biased because I like him and think he's a sweet guy. I think he just was emotional and got fed up for a second and tried to defend the way he sings.

I guess he could've said something before he sang, but I would think that would've distracted him even more. He probably just wanted to get through the performance.
Right after he finished, I don't think that would've been a feasible time for him to say anything either. The crowd is cheering, they can't hear you, and Randy then starts in on his "ok, ok, yo dawg, ok, you know, yo" stuff that he always does to try and quiet the crowd down.

Chris waited for the judges to say their piece, and then he said what he wanted about VT. I just don't see the problem with that.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
I probably was too hard on Chris. I'm willing to give them both the benefit of the doubt as humans.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
I think he was actually rolling his eyes at Chris's "nasally is a singing style" comment. *shrug*

Yes it was bad timing on Simon's part.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-18-07, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
Yep, agree with Breezy here. If you watch the show again Chris goes from talking about "nasally is a form of singing" right into his sympathetic shout out to Va tech with barely a breath. I too feel Simon was eye rolling at the nasally comment. The producers let him know how it probably looked to the viewers due to the unfortunate camera work thus the comment from Simon later that the judges too send out condolences to all involved.

A Tribe Original!

04-18-07, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
That's how I thought it went. *shrug*

It won't be the first time I'm in the minority around here. *grin*

04-18-07, 09:41 AM (EST)
8. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
I tend to believe that the eyeroll was over the nasally statement.

After all I rolled my eyes so hard about the nasally thing I didn't even catch that Chris made the VT shout out until I read about it on the boards.

Thanks to Scarlett O Hara for the memorial sig pic.

04-18-07, 09:59 AM (EST)
12. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
Exactly, he threw in the shoutout as the camera was panning away and back to Simon. I think it was just bad timing and it's quite possible Simon didn't even hear what Chris said. Didn't the music start back up too as he started his shoutout?

*shrug* Bad timing? Yes. Bad taste? Not IF the eyeroll was for the nasal comment and not the shoutout.

Tazluli 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-18-07, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tazluli Click to send private message to Tazluli Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
I agree with you, I thought the eye rolling was because of the nasal comment by Chris. Unfortunately the camera hit Simon at the wrong time.

I wish there was a way that Simon could have sent his condolences and mentioned that his eye rolling was in response to Chris saying that being nasal was a form of singing. But that would have been just as awkward I guess.

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
I agree with the majority here. I can't imagine that even Simon would intentionally be dismissive of yesterdays tragedy. However the use of it to deflect negative comments and the potentially pendering nature of it both would have been legitimate causes.

The show IS stating today that Simon did not hear Chris' VT comments, and I'm not sure I believe that either. However, there are just too many possibilities to assume that Simon doesn't care about the brutal murder of 32 people.

I'm guessing that the show will have something to say about it tonight. It's getting quite a bit of play out there and they can't let it go unaddressed.

The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it. John 1:5

YankeeDixieDoodle 442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-18-07, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-07 AT 12:24 PM (EST)

>Yep, agree with Breezy here.
>If you watch the show
>again Chris goes from talking
>about "nasally is a form
>of singing" right into his
>sympathetic shout out to Va
>tech with barely a breath.
> I too feel Simon
>was eye rolling at the
>nasally comment. The producers
>let him know how it
>probably looked to the viewers
>due to the unfortunate camera
>work thus the comment from
>Simon later that the judges
>too send out condolences to
>all involved.
>

So, Simon's condolences, and their timing could've been a butt-saving move?

04-18-07, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YankeeDixieDoodle Click to send private message to YankeeDixieDoodle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
>I think he was actually rolling
>his eyes at Chris's "nasally
>is a singing style" comment.
>

I think Chris was being defensive. Whether "nasally" is, or isn't, a singing style, he probably should've just ignored Simon. And, just given his condolences. Thus, no eye-rolling. Anyway, maybe I missed it by not listening closely enough, but Chris didn't sound nasally. And, if he did, maybe it was out of emotion. If so, I think just giving the codolences would've come across better without his defensive reaction to Simon's "nasally" comment.

04-18-07, 01:04 PM (EST)
22. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
He usually sounds nasally to me for most of his performances, *shrug*. It is a matter of opinion so we will never all agree on if someone is or isn't.

04-18-07, 01:46 PM (EST)
23. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
If he sounds nasdally to you, he probably is. I never pay much attention to his performaces because I'm more interested in Jordin's, Lakisha's and Melinda's. Trying to decide which one gets my vote. They all got my vote last night. Five each!

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-18-07, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
I'm actually dumbfounded that so many of you are concluding simon was reacting to the Chris' nasally defense.

Do you have it on tape?

I'm three hours behind, so I was already aware of the event before the show came on. My VCR was going anyway, because I'd missed the first part of the show. So I was alert and waiting for the moment, and also had the ability to play it back about 10 times.

it was NOT a smooth segue on Chris' part, from talking about his singing to giving his condolances.

Ryan was rambling on, presuming that Chris' turn to talk was over. Chris had to force his way back into the flow of talk. He had two false starts before Ryan finally shut up and let him talk.

And when he was through, the camera immediately flipped to the judges, I assume to capture their sympathetic reaction to this mention of nightmarish tragedy.

And Simon clearly, imo, had an immediate reaction -- it was so sharp, it almost felt angry to me the first time I saw it. he first glanced at Paula, who was smiling sympathetically with her eyes on the stage, and then he shot an icy, cutting look at the stage and then flipped his eyes back and away. It wasn't an eye-roll. It was worse.

I have absolutely no doubt that he's so cynical in his view of the idols and their motives that as soon as he heard the words he leaped to the conclusion that this was a cheap ruse for votes. Didn't even cross his mind that people might actually be in pain.

Chris already was tearing up, just trying to get the words out.

I hear the official Idol boards had an immediate upset reaction, and those posts were are killed pretty fast.

Since it took TWO commercial breaks for Simon to make that stilted and forced offer of support, I wonder who raised the red flag and at one point.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-18-07, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
Now see, I can't credit that Simon would care in one way or another whether Chris was trying to garner votes with his shout out or not. If you recall Chris has been pimped pretty heavily by the judges up until last night. Now if it had been Sanjaya that did this then maybe I could see how some folks might think that Simon was reacting that way. I just don't think it was in response to the VA thing at all. Remember, Simon gets very annoyed when someone argues/back talks/differs in opinion with anything he has to say. Noone will make me believe he wasn't just responding to the Nasally comment.

A Tribe Original!

04-18-07, 03:17 PM (EST)
28. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
*sits next to MR*

curveball 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-18-07, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail curveball Click to send private message to curveball Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "NO MORE SHOUT-OUTS"
I'll try to be brief.

Chris always sounds nasally. Simon always rolls his eyes. He either did it because of Chris's response, or his shout-out. In either case, I don't have a problem with it. It had nothing to do with the 32 people that died.

Shout-outs have no place on AI. Just like Sligh's not-so-sly shout out to Dave or Fantasia's shout out to Jennifer Hudson after she was booted, any type of shout out done during a performance will make people think you're trying to get votes. Which is why it doesn't belong there.

I know, I don't think Chris was trying to get votes, but I do think it was a "I'm from VA so I have the right to say this..." type of thing. Ryan had already said something on behalf of the show, that was enough. Simon having to interject his thoughts in the middle of another critique was awkward and out of place, and clearly a plant by producers (prob in response to the eye-rolling) - which all could have been avoided if we just stopped the shout-outs.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-18-07, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
I agree with Priestdi, Simon was reacting to Chris's shout out. IMO Simon was irked that Chris said anything--whether for votes or sympathy for the people--I am guessing that he thinks saying something should come from Ryan or the judges.

Simon then obviously got the quick message from someone that he looked like a jerk. I am bugged by what he said--echoing what I said on the EC thread--he said "Best Wishes" which to me is something you say on a happy occasion like a wedding but in America we don't say that at a funeral service or memorial service or visiting hours. Typically we say something like so sorry for your loss or you are in our thoughts and prayers (the later Ryan used at the opening of the show).

Simon's clumsiness in trying to clean up the matter shows me more what he is like--along with his eye rolling. He has been snide and sniping at those he does not like, such as Taylor, and it is time that he was called out for it.

I find it interesting what Priestdi reported--that it was discussed on the AI site and then removed. If it were not such a faux pas then why try to cover it up?

It will be interesting to see what else is said tonight and I think Simon will have been told to "watch it" or be on his best behavior or whatever. You know, the guy in nearly 50 if not 50 already. Grow up, Simon.

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-18-07, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
hey zazzy!

did you see my response to you on last night's spoiler thread? not that it's terribly brilliant or original, lol. just wondering. I would have saved it for here if I'd known this thread was being birthed.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
I'm with GB on this one. Horrid, horrid timing. No doubt. But the timing of Chris' comment, after getting lambasted by the judges and doing the dreaded talkbalk to Simon (which people hated so much when Chris S. did it), is a bit suspicious.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 07:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Moved..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-07 AT 07:42 AM (EST)

from General Discussion to the Judges forum.

Welcome to the forums. FYI, typing on message boards (not just here) in all caps is typically seen as shouting and considered rude.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "His reaction"
was totally inappropriate. Very bad reflection on him-it will be interesting to see if this gets brushed under the rug or made a big deal of by the press.

04-18-07, 12:38 PM (EST)
18. "RE: His reaction"
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-07 AT 12:53 PM (EST)

According to another post, on this thread, Simon was too busy rolling his eyes at Chris' "nasally" comment to hear his VT condolences. But, how many of my fellow American viewers will ever see anything but Simon's ill-timed eye-roll. And, chalk it up to a foreigner's insensitivity. It was, after all, a foreigner who shot those 32 VT students to death. It's got to have an impact on some people's attitudes.

payne0295 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-18-07, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail payne0295 Click to send private message to payne0295 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
I did notice Simon rolling his eyes at Chris, and at Ryan every time he opened his mouth, and at Paula whenever she gives her comments, and at Melinda because she always looks surprised. He rolls his eyes contantly. But that time, at that particular moment, it was worse than in poor taste!

Chris was completely sincere, I mean he nearly had tears in his eyes while saying the words! He's from Virginia and is of the same age as many of the students that were killed, chances are he has ties to someone that lost their life.

And as far as the nasally comment, has Simon ever heard Rascal Flatts??? They perfected nasally!!!

The truth is that Simon hates country music. He acts like that every year on country night. He needs to broaden his horizon just a little!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
well hello. Welcome to the boards.

No doubt Chris was sincere. I can't believe that is even in question. I mean, can you?

I just made a similar comment somewhere else where this debate is going on about the RF dude. Nasally indeed.

Country does tend to make Simon crabby, eh? I think this whole season has though.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
Some links to press talking about the eyeroll:

http://blogs.baltimoresun.com/entertainment_tv_reality/2007/04/american_idol_e.html

The link above includes a link to the AI site with Nigel's PR statement.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=30662

Headline: Simon Cowell horrified at his reaction to VT comments

He is sticking with the story, like Nigel, that he was still reacting to the nasally comments from Chris.

---

Yah, right, Simon.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: SIMON'S BEHAVIOR SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS?"
The timming was very unfortunate, but I don't think Simon was rolling his eyes at Chris for his shout out to Virginia Tech. I think he stopped listening to Chris when he said he was nasaly on purpose. SO when he started the shout out Simon was probably already rolling his eyes. I don't think he's that heartless. (I hope I'm right on this!)

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-07, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "the video..."
Fox showed real time side by side video and it seems like Simon's story holds up. I didn't think that even he was that callous.

The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it. John 1:5

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-07, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "Locking"
Really, I wonder how people with no brains even find this site to post.

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •