The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

cbabz307 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-12-06, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cbabz307 Click to send private message to cbabz307 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
NOT!!!! I think thats why Simon had a look of utter horror on his face after Chris was voted off!

Imagine having to market a CD from either Elliot or Taylor! Taylor isn't terrible, but he's more of a vaudeville act than a singer, and Elliot is like watching paint dry.

Simon better PRAY that hotty Katharine gets her act together the last couple of weeks or he's going to go broke trying to sell CD's from those other two clowns!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... Devious Weasel 05-12-06 1
   RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... miamicatt 05-12-06 15
 RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... geekboy 05-12-06 2
   RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... jags 05-12-06 5
       RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... geekboy 05-12-06 6
           RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... tamarama 05-12-06 9
               RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... geekboy 05-12-06 10
           RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... jags 05-12-06 11
   RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... nailbone 05-12-06 8
   RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... callalilly3000 05-12-06 18
 RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... Magnolia_Rocker 05-12-06 3
 RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... Glow 05-12-06 4
 RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... drooler 05-12-06 7
 RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... KoalaChick 05-12-06 12
   RE: Love Elliott LisaPles 05-12-06 13
 RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... nailbone 05-12-06 14
 RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... anotherkim 05-12-06 16
   RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... priestdi 05-12-06 17
 RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... LIVEURBESTLIFE 05-13-06 19
 RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... xwraith27 05-14-06 20
   RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... KoalaChick 05-14-06 21
       RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... sica077 05-16-06 22
           RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... AddieRacer 05-16-06 23
 RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... KingJames 05-17-06 24
 RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... rdsonia 05-17-06 25
 NEVER CattyChat 05-17-06 26
   RE: NEVER fenway_frank 05-17-06 27
 RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... saraahhx3 06-07-06 28
 RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN"... geekboy 06-07-06 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-06, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
I'd buy an Elliott CD.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

miamicatt 9247 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
Me too.

I'd hit it.

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-12-06, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
"vaudeville act"? Where the heck do you get that comparison?

Taylor is a true soul singer in the mold of Joe Cocker/Ray Charles and Ray Lamontagne (whose song "Trouble" he sang). I don't understand the vaudeville reference at all.

I think a Taylor CD would be a lot easier to market than an Elliot CD. Taylor's niche is very well defined. Elliot's niche? I'm not sure what his niche is.

geekboy

jags 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-12-06, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jags Click to send private message to jags Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-06 AT 02:33 PM (EST)

He may not be vaudeville but he is not or should not be mentioned inthe same breath with Ray Charles or Joe Cocker and just because he has copied and yes he copied some of the same body motions as those of Joe or Ray does not make him that. I think that is why Simon keeps referring to him as karaoke.
That said I would by neither Taylors nor Elliots album.
jags

05-12-06, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
When i listen to Taylor doing _Taylor music_ (think his rendition of "Something" or "In The Ghetto"), that is all natural, coming from his soul. His moves to a degree may be copied, but you cannot deny that he has a natural love for performing and he has a God-given gift of singing with a natural soulfulness in his voice.

THAT is not copied, THAT is Taylor. And I disagree, he can be mentioned in the same breath with Ray Charles and Joe Cocker. He has what they had - the God-given gift of soul.

I will buy Taylor's CD on the day it is released.

geekboy

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
I *heart* Geekboy

05-12-06, 03:33 PM (EST)
10. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
* Blush *

* sigh *

geekboy

jags 124 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jags Click to send private message to jags Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
The question was asked I just responded. We feel differently, that is why there are so many CD's on the shelf to accomodate everyones taste. I disagree that Taylor has this great gift, he is talented as I have said before. As I have mentioned he is the most popular just not the most talented IMO.
JAGS

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
Running around like a crazy man, and laying on the floor, could lead to such comparisons.

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-12-06, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"

Thank you GB.. I love Taylor and would buy his CD in a heart beat!

Slice and Dice Shop 2004

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-12-06, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
I.would not buy his CD. Hell, I wouldn't buy anyone's from this year except Chris and Bucky.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
I started a thread about whose CD would you buy a few weeks back. In it, I think I said I would have to give Elliott's a listen before I decided, but now I.am.so.sick of his voice. So, I'll have to go with no, I would not.

I want a Chris and a Bucky.

drooler 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-12-06, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drooler Click to send private message to drooler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-06 AT 03:01 PM (EST)

I haven't bought any past Idol CDs, but this year I would definitely buy both Elliott and Taylor. I love the sound of their voices and dislike the sound of Chris's. Kat doesn't do much for me.

What I really hate are those 1st smarmy song singles they stick the winner with in the finale and then put out as a single. All butterflies and angels . . . ick.

KoalaChick 506 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
Absolutely, without a doubt, yes I would. His voice is like buttah. He's no heartthrob, but man, can he sing.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Love Elliott "
Yeah, lame post. I think Elliott has the best voice in this competition.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
OTOH, I think there are plenty of people that would by an Elliot CD. I won't be among them, however. And I wouldn't by a Taylor CD either, unless he does a specific type of song (Sam and Dave, for instance)

Elliot does have a wonderful voice, just not my style. And I don't think Taylor's voice translates to CD/radio as well. His is pure performance.

Even the lovely Kat will have to do a specific style for me to buy her CD. I'll watch her videos 24/7 however.

Chris's CD will be purchased as soon as it's available, whatever band he's with.

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

anotherkim 14419 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"

No, but then again, I've never bought any other Idol CD, so it isn't like I'm breaking a pattern or something.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--Chris? Yes. Katherine? Maybe, but probably not. Taylor? No.

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-12-06, 07:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"

this is just too theoretical for me.

I'd have to actually hear the CD -- or at a minimum, know what kind of music it is, whether the artist had any control over it, how pop-ified Clive makes it ..... all sorts of elements.

in theory, I'd buy -- or decline to buy -- CDs from all of them.

last year, I skipped them all, because Bo got watered down.

year before, I bought Fantasia just to support her. But I don't listen to it.

I think I got Clay's out of curiosity ... and I have both of Kelly's even though I never listen to them, lol.

OOOHH I forgot.

I have Pray for the Soul of Betty, does that count as a Season 4 CD?

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-13-06, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
Absolutely I would buy an Elliot cd. I think he has a great balladeer/r&b/soulful voice and would probably put out a great CD.

As far as his looks go once he gets the record deal hollywood will fix him up and turn him into a hottie.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-14-06, 07:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
I'd buy an Elliott CD if it's available where I am, but I'd probably get tired of it after a week. I'd still buy it though, along with a Chris, Bucky, and maybe even a Paris CD. The only CD I definitely wouldn't buy is Mandisa's. She's just not my type of singer.

KoalaChick 506 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-06, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
To get an idea of what an Elliott CD would sound like, to go www.yaminfans.com and you can click on links to hear every one of his AI performances. Doing that, you get just the audio pleasure of his voice, and aren't distracted by his looks or moves. You can also listen to them in chronological order, so you can see how much he's evolved with each performance. I still get the goosebumps when I listen to A Song For You. He really does knock that one out of the park.

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
Thanks for the link...

"Somebody to Love" is my absolute favorite!!

AddieRacer 160 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 11:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AddieRacer Click to send private message to AddieRacer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
"Somebody To Love" is my favorite, too. I would buy Elliot's CD (and Taylor's also).

KingJames 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-17-06, 01:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KingJames Click to send private message to KingJames Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
Yes, i would buy an Elliot Yamin C.D. he has a great voice, I like his style, & I think with some professional hlep could be awsome.

rdsonia 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rdsonia Click to send private message to rdsonia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
Yeah sure I'd buy it. And on those nights when I can't get to sleep I'd put it on. I bet before the first song was over I'd be out like a light. BORING BORING BORING!!!!!!

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-17-06, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "NEVER"
He's just too unforgettable for me. When he performs I have to TRY not to tune him out and listen.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

fenway_frank 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-17-06, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fenway_frank Click to send private message to fenway_frank Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: NEVER"
yea i dont get it...I hate the way Paula gushes over him...and Randy consistently cuts him slack.....oh yea...and hes not a very good singer either.

saraahhx3 1 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-06, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail saraahhx3 Click to send private message to saraahhx3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
You know what? I would.. I thought Elliott was an awesome singer and I LOVE HIM!!! I would be pissed if they don't record his voice!!!

06-07-06, 09:34 PM (EST)
29. "RE: WOULD YOU BUY AN "ELLIOT YAMIN" CD???"
I will definately buy an Elliot Yamin CD. I think the guy is amazing when given the right music.

I was blown away when he did "Moody's Mood For Love" in the early rounds. I think that was the first WOW momement for me this season. Also, his rendition of "A House Is Not A Home" on teh finale night was _THE_ best rendition of that song on all seaons. Ruben did it. Tamyra did it. Elliot blew them both away.

The guy, like Taylor, has a natural God-given voice, but the two are so different. I hope they don't push Elliot into a 'white-boy-R&B' mold, but instead let him unleash the jazzier side of him and he'll shine.

geekboy

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •