The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kat backlash?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-18-06, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kat backlash?"
Found this intriguing.

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2006/05/american_idol_c_3.html

geekboy

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kat backlash? Snidget 05-18-06 1
   RE: Kat backlash? LisaPles 05-18-06 2
 RE: Kat backlash? opinionated 05-18-06 3
 RE: Kat backlash? CattyChat 05-18-06 4
 RE: Kat backlash? LIVEURBESTLIFE 05-18-06 5
   RE: Kat backlash? Fishercat 05-18-06 7
   SMILING... singer 05-19-06 9
 RE: Kat backlash? Biffster 05-18-06 6
   RE: Kat backlash? slickeronstate 05-18-06 8
       No Kelly Clarkson... singer 05-19-06 10
 RE: Kat backlash? jags 05-19-06 11
 RE: Kat backlash? Captain_Savem 05-19-06 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-18-06, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kat backlash?"
Ah yes, because not one of them would ever show any expression of joy getting to the finals of any competition? I'm sure none of them ever shouted We're Number One when their team got into the playoffs, won the pennant, etc. I'm sure they would have all been weeping for poor Kat if Elliot were in the finals as well.

Everyone reacts differently, and do we really require anyone else that just won their way into the finals of anything to only show sorrow for the people who lost. I did not notice any overtly bad winner behavior that was uncalled for. Being happy you won/made it to the next round is not a crime. Did they bash everyone that was overjoyed they were going to Hollywood, made it to the 24 who got to perform, etc?

Sounds more like sour grapes by the Elliot fans, and kinda sad given how graciously he left.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-18-06, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kat backlash?"
It's true when you are competing for something you have to be focused on yourself, but I do wish that Katherine had been thoughtful enough to have reacted more graciously.
Taylor is old enough to have earned his gray hair and was smart to realize that the camera was going to be on them as soon as a name was announced whereas Katherine was caught up in the moment.

opinionated 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-18-06, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail opinionated Click to send private message to opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kat backlash?"
I live in Richmond and haven't heard anything of this sort. I'm not saying it's untrue, but I haven't heard anyone talking about Katherine's reaction. I'll turn on the radio and see if the dj's are talking about it.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-18-06, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kat backlash?"
People need to grow up and get a life that doesn't involve picking apart every little thing another human being does, especially when there is nothing wrong with that action.

First, I never even noticed Kat smiling that she made it to the F2 and looking at the photos & reading the article just made me feel sorry for all the people that just feel a need to hate and tear another down.

As stated above with the winning team references, I'll add another one -- do we all get in a tizzy when the winner of the Miss America Pagent, etc., is all smiles that she won, while the runner ups are losing at the same time? How about Oscar/Emmy/Music Award winners -- are they supposed to first cry about the other person losing to them and only later at some undetermined appropriate time smile & celebrate?

It's a shame in life that whenever people "win" something, there are always going to be a "loser." I mean, seriously.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-18-06, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kat backlash?"
I noticed Kat's reaction and I thought it was quite telling as to the kind of person she is.

It's fine to be excited about being in the F2 but you also have to show some compassion for the person who is going home. There is such a thing as being a good winner as well as a good loser. And Kat was a very poor winner last night.

I never fully agreed with the people who said Kat was a snob but after last night I saw what they had been seeing all season long.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-18-06, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kat backlash?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-06 AT 08:20 PM (EST)

I suggest reading this post before saying anything else in terms of personality. You don't have to listen, you're free to post that stuff and I'm not one to stop you, but this may change your mind a bit.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID44/1993.shtml

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-06, 06:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "SMILING..."
does not make her a bad loser.

Giving Elliott a bear hug and hanging onto him makes her a gracious winner in my eyes.

Her mother's actions are completely irrelevant to this entire discussion.

--Singer

Biffster 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-18-06, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Biffster Click to send private message to Biffster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kat backlash?"
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/429d145f_13c1b/bc/My+Documents/for+real.bmp?bfHiRnCB5UBnivLr

Um, I'm sorry, I missed the part where Kat ran over to Elliott doing the victory dance and trash talking him.

What's wrong with being happy that she'd squeeked through to the finals? What's wrong with her family being happy for her? If anything, Taylor's reaction was a bit odd.

I think we're hearing from a bunch of disaffected Chris fans who still have a bug up it from his departure (maybe if he'd had a little more life on the Elvis episode instead of phoning it in, he'd still be around).

slickeronstate 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-18-06, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail slickeronstate Click to send private message to slickeronstate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kat backlash?"
For several weeks now, during elimination she has reacted the same way - elated to know she is not going home but panic-ridden before this realization.

Last night - she overdid the tongue sticking out of her mouth tic. When the judges offer constructive criticism she reacts like a deer in headlights - as well as puts on the sympathetic drama.

I don't believe she will win - if she does, again - she is no Kelly Clarkson...

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-06, 06:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "No Kelly Clarkson..."
That's a good thing.

Artistry and individualism are concepts that often go well hand-in-hand.

--Singer

jags 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-19-06, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jags Click to send private message to jags Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Kat backlash?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-19-06 AT 11:20 AM (EST)

More KAT HATERS, surprise surprise. Look at the anguish in her face before the winner is announced. Take into consideration her age, and do you think she has not heard all the hateful things that have been written about her. Yes I would be joyful also. These kids have been through alot let them enjoys there fifteen minutes. One more thing like Singer said, I hope she develops her own style and does not look to be Kelly. Besides she was the first AI winner no one will ever take that from her.
JAGS

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-19-06, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Kat backlash?"
A couple things:

1) I'll never begrudge any man or woman for being happy at their own fortune and good luck.....even if it came at the expense of mine. Maybe it's just the competitor in me, I don't know. But if I win I deserve to be happy, and if you win so do you. Yeah, she was excited, so what? It's not like she was pulling a T.O. and doing the Riverdance on the American Idol symbol or pulling a sharpie out of her sock and signing the mic or something. The kid was happy, Elliot fans (me being one of them) should grow up and get over it.

2) At this point it doesn't matter who wins. No matter what the outcome is next week, we haven't seen the last of Katherine McPhee by a long shot. She is a DAW if there ever was one. But this DAW has talent as opposed to the 95% that don't. So she could be around forever. On the other hand, Taylor is on minute 12 of his 15 minute journey. Hell, I kinda hope he wins because life ain't gonna get much better for him. So at this point, Elliot fans can't take anything away from Katherine. So what if she's not the next American Idol winner? Last time I checked, that didn't mean a whole hell of alot.

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.
MySpace

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •