The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ding Dong The Wicked Witch Is Dead"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

hoazi 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-25-06, 02:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hoazi Click to send private message to hoazi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ding Dong The Wicked Witch Is Dead"
No, no... you're not the one for me...

Katharine, your 15 minutes are up.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ding Dong The Wicked Witch Is D... aap 05-25-06 1
   RE: Ding Dong The Wicked Witch Is D... DrKegel 05-25-06 2
       RE: Ding Dong The Wicked Witch Is D... tarmaq 05-25-06 3
       RE: Ding Dong The Wicked Witch Is D... Former CBSer 05-26-06 6
 RE: Ding Dong The Wicked Witch Is D... Irishbear0987 05-25-06 4
   WARNING - Irishbear0987 Bebo 05-25-06 5
   RE: Ding Dong The Wicked Witch Is D... hoazi 05-26-06 7
       RE: Ding Dong The Wicked Witch Is D... petmama 05-26-06 8
       RE: Ding Dong The Wicked Witch Is D... tarmaq 05-26-06 9
 KATHERINE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE... singer 05-28-06 10
   RE: KATHERINE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE..... nailbone 05-30-06 11
       RE: KATHERINE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE..... hoazi 06-06-06 12
           RE: KATHERINE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE..... geekboy 06-06-06 13
               RE: KATHERINE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE..... Glow 06-06-06 14
                   RE: KATHERINE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE..... nailbone 06-06-06 15
                       RE: KATHERINE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE..... Devious Weasel 06-06-06 16
                           RE: KATHERINE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE..... nailbone 06-07-06 17
                               RE: KATHERINE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE..... Glow 06-07-06 18
                                   RE: KATHERINE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE..... KoalaChick 06-07-06 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aap 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-25-06, 03:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aap Click to send private message to aap Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ding Dong The Wicked Witch Is Dead"
It is good to see that righteousness has finally prevailed and the better person won on the night. It has been three weeks too late, and one can only think what it would have been like if Elliott Yamin or Chris Daughtry had been there to give Taylor a run for his money. In the end though, America and the rest of the world, got it right this time. Congratulations Taylor Hicks.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

DrKegel 430 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-25-06, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ding Dong The Wicked Witch Is Dead"

Completely agree.

Thought Katharine had all the potential in the world in the beginning. Still do. But she does these HORRIBLE things with her voice when she tries to push it. She goes out of pitch like when she did that Christine Aguilera song. She was REALLY, REALLY bad. I kept thinking, "But I don't remember any other American Idol giving a bad performance ..." I thought that because none did. Yes, some song choices were worse than others, but all the Idols sang in tune and kept building toward the end of the season in that they got better and better and better.

I really would have preferred Elliot in the finals with Taylor. I thought he followed this pattern of gaining confidence and getting better. Chris would have been a fine choice also. I do feel he's limited, but his voice is strong and true and I don't remember a bad note coming out of his mouth.

The other thing is that Taylor is exciting. When he shot out on stage and sang I felt something. Katherine just hasn't found her groove or style. That's why she totally ruins her natural talent by trying to do too much with her voice. She's NOT the belter that Christine Aguilera or Whitney Houston or Mary J. Blige is. And Mary J. was absolutely PHENOMENAL LAST NIGHT!!!! Felt like voting for her!!!

tarmaq 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-25-06, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tarmaq Click to send private message to tarmaq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ding Dong The Wicked Witch Is Dead"
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-06 AT 04:34 PM (EST)

I think you've seen a different show and a different season than I have. Many of the finalists gave bad performances! Kat had a couple of mediocre ones, but she was pretty much in tune. And how many of the others would have been able to nail the key of that a cappella part of "Somewhere" without a cue note?

Mary J. Blige was hogging the stage and the whole song when she sang. It was SUPPOSED to be a duet with Elliott. Yet he's standing to the side, visibly wondering "what am I supposed to do here? She won't let me sing!"

Katherine needs to find her niche as a crooner. Mandisa has the chops to belt things out with the best of them. When Katherine finds that niche, she'll be unstoppable.

Former CBSer 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-26-06, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Former%20CBSer Click to send private message to Former%20CBSer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ding Dong The Wicked Witch Is Dead"
Incredible. Some people just can't let it go. Kat has a
wonderful voice and she should have been in the F2. Mary J. Blige - Give me a break. She just sucked. I have no clue how you can call that talent. She is a has been. The only vote I would give her is to get her off the stage. Also, Prince - what a jerk. Give us some real stars not has beens.

Irishbear0987 17 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-06, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Irishbear0987 Click to send private message to Irishbear0987 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ding Dong The Wicked Witch Is Dead"
>No, no... you're not the one
>for me...
>
>Katharine, your 15 minutes are up.
>

Fvck You

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-25-06, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "WARNING - Irishbear0987"
Please take a moment to read our community guidelines. It is NOT acceptable to address another poster that way.

05-26-06, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hoazi Click to send private message to hoazi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ding Dong The Wicked Witch Is Dead"
>>No, no... you're not the one
>>for me...
>>
>>Katharine, your 15 minutes are up.
>>
>
>
>
>Fvck You

Wow, some people take television really seriously.

In any case, is it just me, or are AI contestants getting more obnoxious every year? When Chris was a poor sport after being booted, I thought he just might be the most despicable idol contestant EVAR.

Now Katharine has proven me wrong with her poor sportsmanship, lack of tact, and general sense of entitlement. Katherine and her mom seem to me like the type of people that will never be happy, no matter how rich or famous they become.

Luckily, Katharine's first single is has BOMB written all over it. I hope that's the last we hear of her!

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-26-06, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ding Dong The Wicked Witch Is Dead"
I heard very little of her all season. My mute button got quite a workout.

tarmaq 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-26-06, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tarmaq Click to send private message to tarmaq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ding Dong The Wicked Witch Is Dead"
<Now Katharine has proven me wrong with her poor sportsmanship, lack of tact, and general sense of entitlement. Katherine and her mom seem to me like the type of people that will never be happy, no matter how rich or famous they become.>

What on earth are you talking about? Can you give examples of the above please? Otherwise, it is just slander. Katherine appeared very gracious when Taylor won. Can't imagine why someone would say otherwise. And have you heard Kat say she was "entitled" to the win? On what FACTS do you judge that she and her mother "will never be happy"? That is so much speculative slander I cannot even imagine what brought it on.

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-28-06, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "KATHERINE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE..."
because of her natural talent, her wonderful technical preparation, and her good looks.

These observations are based on fact.

Any negative and speculative comments beyond that are not worth repeating or addressing.

--Singer

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-06, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: KATHERINE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-30-06 AT 09:54 AM (EST)

Amen!! Kat is a beautiful girl and a wonderful singer, and she'll go very far. Too many folks on AI *that know what they're talking about* have commented on how talented she is. I'll take their words over a buncha people who just like to slam famous people on an internet board. Wicked witch?!? Please!

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

06-06-06, 03:30 AM (EST)
12. "RE: KATHERINE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE..."
I guess none of you McPhans have heard the infamous Kat interview yet. You'll see...

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-06-06, 07:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: KATHERINE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE..."
Which interview are you talking about? I'd love to hear it.

geekboy

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-06, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: KATHERINE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE..."
I'm certainly not a "McPhan". I don't think she should have made the top five let alone the top two. But. I'm anxiously awaiting the link to this "infamous" interview.

an arkie work of art
"I learned two words a long time ago that help out a lot: 'Screw it.' If something's bothering you, don't dwell on it. Just let it go. Worrying ain't gonna do nothing but make it worse." - Bucky Covington

06-06-06, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: KATHERINE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE..."
LAST EDITED ON 06-06-06 AT 12:00 PM (EST)

I've read several interviews, and none lead me away from the idea that she's a sweet gal, and very gracious in coming in second to Taylor.

Sig by Slice

Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-06, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: KATHERINE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE..."
There was a radio interview where she was asked about Kellie, and she said, in essence, that while Kellie was her friend, a lot of the other contestants were wondering why Kellie was still around and whether or not they would have to come up with different public personas to win votes. Nothing really nasty, and rather refreshing in her honesty, and strange to see a whole lot of people who had bad things to say about Kellie suddenly taking offense for her just because Kat said something.

06-07-06, 08:52 AM (EST)
17. "RE: KATHERINE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE..."
yeah, I heard that. It was the Kidd Kraddick interview. and they commented on her honesty in saying that, and how mean-spirited it wasn't.

And if you read the MSNBC review (it's linked from MJ's blog) the reporter said Kellie was the first one to run hug her after the results were announced.

Sig by Slice

Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-06, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: KATHERINE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE..."
mmhmm. I bet she was.

KoalaChick 506 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-07-06, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: KATHERINE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE..."
All I can say is, I can't wait to own a Kat McPhee CD. Her voice is beautiful, just like she is. I've heard Somewhere Over The Rainbow a zillion times in my life, and never before has it given me goosebumps. Kat did that twice. She's a treat for the eyes and the ears, and I'm happy for her.

Now Elliott needs to get a deal.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •