The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"So Long, Pickle"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-27-06, 07:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"So Long, Pickle"
There is a God.

I LOVED that they gave her a "talk out," rather than a "sing out."

The very idea that anyone would suggest that The Pickles' performance was even mildly comparable to Paris's performance is laughable. The Pickle has her own league of suckitude. No one compares. Not even William Hung.

I'm glad the voters shot that dawg and put it out of its misery.

--Singer

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: So Long, Pickle imagma 04-27-06 1
   RE: So Long, Pickle singer 04-27-06 4
   RE: So Long, Pickle drooler 04-27-06 28
 RE: So Long, Pickle CattyChat 04-27-06 2
   RE: So Long, Pickle PagongRatEater 04-27-06 3
       RE: So Long, Pickle fenway_frank 04-27-06 6
           RE: So Long, Pickle fenway_frank 04-27-06 9
       RE: So Long, Pickle dragonflies 04-27-06 7
       RE: So Long, Pickle Devious Weasel 04-27-06 13
           RE: So Long, Pickle nailbone 04-27-06 14
               RE: So Long, Pickle PagongRatEater 04-27-06 17
           RE: So Long, Pickle Lolly 04-27-06 29
       RE: So Long, Pickle MandyM 04-27-06 30
   RE: So Long, Pickle Magnolia_Rocker 04-27-06 8
       RE: So Long, Pickle Iconoclastic 04-27-06 27
           RE: So Long, Pickle sica077 04-27-06 33
   RE: So Long, Pickle nailbone 04-28-06 35
   RE: So Long, Pickle annielynne42 05-06-06 46
       WARNING - annielynne42 Bebo 05-08-06 47
 RE: So Long, Pickle brvnkrz 04-27-06 5
   RE: Buh-Bye Kellie! LisaPles 04-27-06 10
       RE: Buh-Bye Kellie! nailbone 04-27-06 15
           RE: Buh-Bye Kellie! udg 04-27-06 20
               RE: Buh-Bye Kellie! singer 04-27-06 21
               RE: Buh-Bye Kellie! nailbone 04-27-06 22
                   RE: Buh-Bye Kellie! udg 04-28-06 34
           tears of relief/release niteowl 04-27-06 26
       RE: Buh-Bye Kellie! tamarama 04-27-06 18
   RE: So Long, Pickle singer 04-27-06 16
 RE: So Long, Pickle aquariaqueen 04-27-06 11
   RE: So Long, Pickle singer 04-27-06 12
 RE: So Long, Pickle selah 04-27-06 19
 RE: So Long, Pickle jags 04-27-06 23
 RE: So Long, Pickle TanNymph 04-27-06 24
 RE: So Long, Pickle Reeflex7 04-27-06 25
 RE: So Long, Pickle Simon Cowell 04-27-06 31
 RE: So Long, Pickle Ahtumbreez 04-27-06 32
 RE: So Long, Pickle okaychatt 05-01-06 36
   RE: So Long, Pickle nailbone 05-01-06 37
       RE: So Long, Pickle Kipp 05-01-06 38
       RE: So Long, Pickle Iconoclastic 05-01-06 39
           RE: So Long, Pickle Twinkles 05-02-06 40
               RE: So Long, Pickle Iconoclastic 05-02-06 42
                   RE: So Long, Pickle CattyChat 05-02-06 43
               RE: So Long, Pickle geg6 05-02-06 45
                   RE: So Long, Pickle priestdi 05-09-06 48
                       RE: So Long, Pickle nailbone 05-09-06 49
                           RE: So Long, Pickle geg6 05-09-06 50
                               RE: So Long, Pickle nailbone 05-09-06 51
           RE: So Long, Pickle nailbone 05-02-06 41
   Hi, okaychatt! singer 05-15-06 53
 RE: So Long, Pickle Magnolia_Rocker 05-02-06 44
   RE: So Long, Pickle priestdi 05-09-06 52

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

imagma 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-27-06, 07:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail imagma Click to send private message to imagma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
Agree 100%. In the beginning - I liked her. She is pretty and she has a good voice. I do not know her so I can not judge - but if the "country-hick - dumb blonde" act is an act . . . . . she screwed up a chance to make it big. She got on everyones nerves. I never knew what was going to come out of her mouth. She was embarrasing.

If the "country-hick dumb blonde" impression she gave is real - she should think about taking some speech and etiquite classes.

Saying the first thing that comes to mind made her look like a jack-#####.

Words to the Wise KP: Knowing what to say and when to say it may have made a difference. A good voice and pretty face will get you just so far . . . . . . . and that was not far enough. The end of the road came sooner than you thought it would.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-27-06, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
>Words to the Wise KP:
>Knowing what to say and
>when to say it may
>have made a difference.
>A good voice and pretty
>face will get you just
>so far . . .
>. . . . and
>that was not far enough.
> The end of the
>road came sooner than you
>thought it would.

And it probably came sooner because Americans are not impressed with contestants who hump the stage to troll for votes.

--Singer

drooler 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-27-06, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drooler Click to send private message to drooler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
If she were indeed stupid, would she have picked up on what Foster was trying to explain about phrasing being too regular and piped up, "oh, robotic?" Somehow that comment didn't fit with how she'd been presenting herself.

Anyway: Sooooooooo glad she's gone.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-27-06, 07:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
Very harsh. I know most people on these boards, for some reason, act as though Kellie was Public Enemy No. 1 and as though she killed your family pet or something to get the kind of really nasty comments I have read.

I have to say that she handled herself with class last night. She knew she deserved to be in the bottom 2 and she was genuinely happy for her experience. I'm glad she was able to say her thanks. I was touched to see tears in all the remaining contestants eyes INCLUDING the guys which futher substantiates my feelings that Kellie is a nice, sweet girl who is well-liked.

It was her time to go, as she is definitely a better singer/performer than Ace and a couple others that went before her, but Kellie was out of her league compared to the likes of Chris, Taylor, Katharine, Elliott and Paris. Kellie needs a good vocal coach if she wants to pursue a singing career and I believe she will get that. I think Kellie charmed the people who met her & got to know her and I am sure she'll do well for herself.

I expect to read many nasty things on these boards about Kellie and I want to say my peace that I don't think she deserves many of the vile comments about her. She was weaker than the rest, but she has talent, she deserved her spot in the top 12, she is better than many others who have made it to the top 12 in the past, comparing her to William Hung is ridiculous and most importantly, she is a sweet girl who doesn't deserve the shots at her character.

Good luck, Kellie and great job in the way you handled yourself last night. It's obvious your fellow competitors really liked you and you can hold your head high.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-27-06, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
I agree 100%. There is no question that Kelli deserved to be in this competition and there is no question that she deserved to go last night (although I would have preferred to see Paris go this week and Kelli go next.

It never ceases to amaze me to see the level of personal invective for fellow human being that you sometimes see on these boards. Believe it or not, Kelli is an actual person with real feelings who tried her best and fell a little short...and for that she somehow deserves to be mocked, villified and hated? It seems indecent to me.

She didn't kill cats or slap her spouse around (Jonathan), she acted dumb and tried to 'package' herself - in which the show was totally complicit.

I think it was time for Kelli to go and I know that this isn't the end of the road for her. She didn't deserve to win, but she doesn't deserve your hatred.

Of course, maybe I'm tainted by the fact that my 6 year old was inconsolably crying after they voted her off, but maybe that just makes her more human to me.

fenway_frank 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-27-06, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fenway_frank Click to send private message to fenway_frank Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
I couldnt agree more with Pagong...in her element (country) she did a really good job...She is what she is..a naive small town country girl...Im sorry if its contrived, an act, then she deserves an oscar....she is a sweet kid, charmingly goofy...and you know what my 10 year old daughter was bumming last night too...it was always fun to wait and hear what she was gonna say next...good luck Pickler...my guess is she'll be just fine.

fenway_frank 23 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fenway_frank Click to send private message to fenway_frank Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
>I couldnt agree more with Pagong...in
>her element (country) she did
>a really good job...She is
>what she is..a naive small
>town country girl...Im sorry if
>its contrived, an act, then
>she deserves an oscar....she is
>a sweet kid, charmingly goofy...and
>you know what my 10
>year old daughter was bumming
>last night too...it was always
>fun to wait and hear
>what she was gonna say
>next...good luck Pickler...my guess is
>she'll be just fine.

the universe tends to unfold as it should....

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
I'm just glad she's gone.

Sigs by Cyg
DS was upset too, although he didn't cry, just said he was mad.
Smooches PRE & CattyChat!

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
I'm agreeing 100% with your agreeing 100%. She is a much better singer than she is being given credit for being. If you listen to her performances, you can tell she has as much natural talent as anyone of the five remaining contestants. Skill is where she is lacking - she doesn't have the vocal training (or experience) to push her to the next level. Yes it was her time to go, but she deserved to make Final 12 and it was not egregious that she didn't leave before last night.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
And I agree 100% with your agreeing 100% with their agreeing 100%. Kellie was IN NO WAY as bad as William Hung, or even Ace or Lisa or the others that went first. She's a good singer that deserved to be in the competition. She just got in a bit over her head as the weeks went by, and it was time to go.

And I didn't get the impression that they didn't want her to sing out like the others because she was so bad. I thought she just didn't stop talking long before the show went off. She may very well have sung after the show ended.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
It also could have been a function of time. When she started speaking Ryan said there were only 40 seconds left, so it seems like they were running short on time. I would be very surprised if she didn't sing for the live audience.

But, the four of us had a great time.

Lolly 721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-27-06, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lolly Click to send private message to Lolly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
Well said. Add my 100% to the list.

MandyM 2112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-27-06, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MandyM Click to send private message to MandyM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
"It never ceases to amaze me to see the level of personal invective for fellow human being that you sometimes see on these boards."

Well, it's not like anyone spanked her or anything. Suck it up!

MM I just wish that there was a way that I could choose for others not to be bigots. - HD

Cool Tune!

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
Let me start out by saying that I'm glad Kellie is gone. She needed to go based on the talent left. Do I "hate" Kellie? No. Hate is a very strong word and I don't know her enough to hate her. I think people throw that word around too lightly. To say you hate someone you just know through the television is being kinda psycho.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-27-06, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
I don't hate her anymore than I hate that pimple on my azz. Sure, it's painful when it's around and it's a tremendous relief when it finally pops, but once it's gone you just kind of forget about it. Now, on to the legitimate contenders.

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
Ummmm....I guess I agree with that....although I have never, ever thought of it in that manner....

04-28-06, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
I just wanted to add one more comment that I read on another site talking about Ai and Kellie. The writer was addressing all the nasty comments that are made about Kellie and her dumb southern hickness and all that. His response was that Kellie "didn't get herself born a poor, white Southern blond just to irritate your cool urban selves."

It's a pretty good article.

Sig by Arkie!!

annielynne42 53 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-06, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail annielynne42 Click to send private message to annielynne42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
>Very harsh. I know most
>people on these boards, for
>some reason, act as though
>Kellie was Public Enemy No.
>1 and as though she
>killed your family pet or
>something to get the kind
>of really nasty comments I
>have read.
>
>I have to say that she
>handled herself with class last
>night. She knew she
>deserved to be in the
>bottom 2 and she was
>genuinely happy for her experience.
> I'm glad she was
>able to say her thanks.
> I was touched to
>see tears in all the
>remaining contestants eyes INCLUDING the
>guys
which futher substantiates my
>feelings that Kellie is a
>nice, sweet girl who is
>well-liked.
>
>It was her time to go,
>as she is definitely a
>better singer/performer than Ace and
>a couple others that went
>before her, but Kellie was
>out of her league compared
>to the likes of Chris,
>Taylor, Katharine, Elliott and Paris.
> Kellie needs a good
>vocal coach if she wants
>to pursue a singing career
>and I believe she will
>get that. I think
>Kellie charmed the people who
>met her & got to
>know her and I am
>sure she'll do well for
>herself.
>
>I expect to read many nasty
>things on these boards about
>Kellie and I want to
>say my peace that I
>don't think she deserves many
>of the vile comments about
>her. She was weaker
>than the rest, but she
>has talent, she deserved her
>spot in the top 12,
>she is better than many
>others who have made it
>to the top 12 in
>the past, comparing her to
>William Hung is ridiculous and
>most importantly, she is a
>sweet girl who doesn't deserve
>the shots at her character
>
>
>Good luck, Kellie and great job
>in the way you handled
>yourself last night. It's
>obvious your fellow competitors really
>liked you and you can
>hold your head high.
>
>
>Kind Creation of ARNutz
>
Well said, CattyChat! Kellie is a genuine person. She is kind, sweet, & very, for real! So, it was time for her to go! She was NOT a phony. IMO, for whatever reason, a lot of you sound jealous to me. Shame! Shame!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-06, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "WARNING - annielynne42 "
Please read our community guidelines. Bashing other posters is not permitted here. You're welcome to post a differing opinion, as long as you can do so without labeling those with whom you disagree.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
So glad that America finally got it right. Finally!!!

One nation under George, divided.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Buh-Bye Kellie! "
Thank God they didn't ask her to sing at the end of the show! Yes, please spare me the torture this time!
I'm so glad I no longer have to see Kellie up Ryan's azz at every opportunity trying to get some camera time! Uggh!
Did anyone else get the impression that the other contestants were not fond of her?

04-27-06, 10:07 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Buh-Bye Kellie! "
Did anyone else get the impression that the other contestants were not fond of her?

You obviously didn't see the tears in the eyes of the other contestants after it was announced that she was leaving.

Sig by Arkie!!

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Buh-Bye Kellie! "
> You obviously didn't see the tears
>in the eyes of the other contestants after it was announced that she was leaving.

Maybe they were afraid she was going to sing Unchained Melody again? ;)

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004
*ducks & runs*

04-27-06, 10:30 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Buh-Bye Kellie! "
You obviously didn't see the tears in the eyes of the other contestants after it was announced that she was leaving.

>Maybe they were afraid she was
>going to sing Unchained Melody
>again? ;)

*wipes coffee off of computer monitor*

--Singer

04-27-06, 10:41 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Buh-Bye Kellie! "
*whack*

Sig by Arkie!!

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-06, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Buh-Bye Kellie! "
*grin* Someone had to say it!

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

niteowl 199 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl Click to send private message to niteowl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "tears of relief/release"

>
>You obviously didn't see the tears
>in the eyes of the
>other contestants after it was
>announced that she was leaving.
>
Sometimes people who have been through a stressful situation cry and release emotion when the stress is over. It may not be because they are sad to see her go. Just emotional release. Just a theory.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Buh-Bye Kellie! "
>>Did anyone else get the impression that the other contestants were not fond of her?<<

Not at ALL. I did notice that she & Paris were standing much further apart than the other pairs...and I rewound to see what had happened when they first came together. KELLIE reached out to hug Paris. Then Paris stepped aside.

Hmmm, I thought, what's going on here? Someone had posted a rumor on these boards that Kellie & Kat were no longer getting along...I wondered if it was a Kellie thing, or a Paris thing.

Then at the end, when she had been eliminated, they showed both Kat & Elliott in tears. At least those two, may have shown more & I missed it - I didn't rewind that part.

That told me what I needed to know -- Kellie was well liked, Paris had a problem.

04-27-06, 10:07 AM (EST)
16. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
>So glad that America finally got
>it right. Finally!!!

Agree totally.

Technically and stylistically, she cannot touch the remaining contestants (nor some that went before her). Not even remotely.

Her phrasing, tonal quality, diction, expression, musicianship--all were completely off in the last song that she sang. No amount of role-playing can cover up for those deficiencies.

Elliott may lose votes because of his appearance in the eyes of some voters, but his basic musical gift keeps him in the competition.

Taylor may have vocal challenges from time to time, but his basic gift for showmanship keeps him in the competition.

Kat, Paris and Chris have their limitations, but none of them are bad musicians. And all of them are natural singers.

Apparently, America recognizes that.

--Singer

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-27-06, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
Her talent took her as far as it could, at this time of her life in this competition.

As for the "dumb act", it's possibly a coping mechanism equivalent to those who joke about everything. Case in point, Robin Williams.

04-27-06, 09:40 AM (EST)
12. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
"As for the "dumb act", it's possibly a coping mechanism equivalent to those who joke about everything. Case in point, Robin Williams."

Interesting point, Aquariaqueen. I hadn't considered that possibility.

--Singer

selah 94 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail selah Click to send private message to selah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-06 AT 11:31 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-27-06 AT 10:27 AM (EST)

deleting my negative comment because I am not her judge..

jags 124 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jags Click to send private message to jags Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-06 AT 10:45 AM (EST)

Let me get something straight Kellie deserved to go last night. BUt by no means is she without talent. I saw her improvement in her performances. But like many have mentioned she was out of her league when we got to this point. She had her shining moments, and deserved to be there. Lets stop hating on her she had her following like everyone else. We will see her again whether its on TV, music or something else.
jags

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-27-06, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
I think she is a beautiful girl and came across like she'd be a fun person. She is a good singer, certainly not without talent, but somebody has to go and I think it was her turn.

I was glad just because I picked her 6th on my PTTE list.

My daughter liked her too.

Good luck to you Kellie!!

Reeflex7 187 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Reeflex7 Click to send private message to Reeflex7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
The William Hung comparison is a little over the top, but it was obvious before they even got to the top 12 that Kellie wasn't in the same class vocally as most of the others. I can't name one Kellie performance that dazzled. Many were okay, not great. There were several that fizzled (Stevie Wonder week, Queen week, that past two weeks). While she can carry a tune when she's on, she never quite relaxed on stage and it affected her showmanship and her pitch. She struck me as someone who has a nice voice but needs to learn control over it.

When they were still in the top 24, Simon made comments after Kellie sang a country song ("Something to Talk About", I think) that pretty much summed it up: he said that her singing wasn't the greatest, but her personality would make America fall in love with her and she would fly through on that. That was the week of the "calimari" comment.

Kellie seemed to understand this and really laid it on thick with the naive Southern girl charm. This enabled her to escape a lot of weeks where others would been booted for similar performances. No, she's not talentless...far from it. But she coasted on this personality thing a lot longer that she should have IMO, and this week her luck finally ran out.

Simon Cowell 11 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Simon%20Cowell Click to send private message to Simon%20Cowell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: So Long, Pickle"

My thoughts exactly...........

-Simon

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
I agree with all the peeps who liked Kellie.

I too think she has raw talent and a cute personality. I thought she might improve as the competition progressed but she's also only 19 and I think she represented herself very well. I think she showed alot of class last night.

I would have preferred to see Kellie stay at least another week over Paris. Paris just does nothing for me, boring, boring, boring. But que sera..

I personally hope Kellie has a ball in Hollywood this week and goes on to better and bigger things. She's taken a huge step out of Albermarle.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-01-06, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
Hi Singer.

Yep, it was time for Kellie to go. She should have gone a couple of weeks ago.

As for all that being an act - maybe a part of it was, but remember that interview with her grandfather and brother? Those weren't acts. Her roots really are salt of the earth backwoods.

I've heard that Kellie has been in many beauty pageants, which would explain the contrast between her onstage, overly made up performances and her rural background.

She wasn't new to a stage.

As for calimari and sal-mon, surely there are restaurants in her home town with those items on the menu?!

I think she was just trying on a major flirt with the AI audience, and she bombed, big time.

I wish her well. AI was probably her best bet out of her home town, if she doesn't have a college education.

I think if she does make it in the music industry that she'll be a flash in the pan. She needs voice lessons before she does anything else.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

05-01-06, 05:19 PM (EST)
37. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
As for calimari and sal-mon, surely there are restaurants in her home town with those items on the menu?!

A 15,000+ population town in North Carolina? Bet there aren't.

Sig by Arkie!!

Kipp 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-01-06, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kipp Click to send private message to Kipp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
Yeah she wasn't such a strong singer,,but she did manage to make it pass thousands,,,,,and despite how others feel about her I still find her a likeable girl,,,little OD'ing in the the naive department maybe but that contributed to her charm. I think she just might end up on some tv program in the near future.

05-01-06, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: So Long, Pickle"

A 15,000+ population town in North Carolina? Bet there aren't.

Bet there are:
http://www.jdshuckers.com/menu.htm
http://www.stanlycvb.com/dining/the_boardroom.htm
http://304pontiacpointe.com/menu/documents/NewDinnerMenu_Page1.pdf

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-06, 04:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
I really don't get the logic here.

Didn't we get the backstory that she's from a family without much money? Do we know that they frequent seafood restaurants? I hadn't heard of calamari til I was in my early 20's and I'm from L.A. and moved to a city famous for seafood at 17. I happened to find out about it because someone ordered it at the same table and I asked what it was.

I could see if someone said her family ran a salmon fishery or she waitressed at the restaurant. Just because there are restaurants doesn't mean she's ever been or that the people she knows pronounce salmon correctly. IIRC a few southerners I've met put a little of the "l" sound in the word salmon whether they eat it or not.

05-02-06, 12:31 PM (EST)
42. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
But there in lies the rub. I had calamari by the time I was 10 and can't ever remember a time where I didn't know what salmon was. Problem is that I'm from NORTH DAKOTA. When I see Pickler playing up the ugliest stereotypes of rural white trash I feel like a black person would if Paris came out saying "Yes boss!" I'm originally from a much more isolated and rural setting than Kellie and I never knew anyone that ignorant. I know what rural folks are like and believe me, Kellie overplayed it.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-06, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
Well, I lived in NW Montana for 15 years and I met NUMEROUS people who had never heard of calamari along with a whole list of other things that someone from Philadelphia grew up with.

You can't put people in such simple little boxes and expect that they should act a certain way & know certain things. People are I.N.D.I.V.I.D.U.A.L.S. We are not a country of clones (thank GOD).

Kind Creation of ARNutz

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-06, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
I, too, have a bit of difficulty believing that anyone does not know what salmon is or how to pronounce it. In fact, I simply don't believe it. Perhaps calimari, but probably not that either as I read (wish I could remember which website) that she was a waitress at a local restaurant that featured calimari on the menu. As do pretty much any Italian restaurants I've ever been to.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-06, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
I grew up in a white, upper-middle class family, and we moved a lot, so I was in various geographic regions.

But we did steak, not fish, as a rule. I don't think I ate salmon until I was well out of college. Don't know where I would have heard anyone say it out loud, either. only time anyone in my family ever ordered fish in a restaurant was the year we lived near a fish & chips place on lake chautauqua. what would that have been, trout? amd I hated it, lol.

same with calimari -- I don't think I was sure what that was it was until well after I finished graduate school. and I think I've only actually eaten it once.

I'm really, really gratified to see how many people here spoke up for Kellie, and against the sorts of cynical, cruel and judgemental bashing that so many web boards seem to validate. cruelty and negatively are soo much in vogue these days. and Simon glorifies it, unfortunately, and gets hero treatment for it.

05-09-06, 02:03 PM (EST)
49. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
cynical, cruel and judgemental bashing that so many web boards seem to validate.

It's that "hiding behind an anonymous screen name" that brings out the "bravery" in them.

Not the Bravey. Or the Knockers.

Sig by Slice

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-06, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
It's funny actually. I'm much more cruel, cynical, and judgmental IRL than I am on the boards. But I think Kellie stunk at both her acting and her singing no matter which identity I'm using. I'm just meaner about it IRL.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation
I like it here. I don't want to get banned. Though I know I've come close.

05-09-06, 03:00 PM (EST)
51. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
FTR, I wasn't addressing you specifically, love. There are MUCH MUCH worse on other boards.

Sig by Slice

05-02-06, 10:14 AM (EST)
41. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
Well I'll be danged. I'da never guessed.

And the best thing is, on the 304pontiacpointe menu, it's listed as Kellie's Calamari.

Sig by Arkie!!

05-15-06, 03:45 PM (EST)
53. "Hi, okaychatt!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-06 AT 03:48 PM (EST)

Great hearing from you.

Your take on things make sense to me. I'll add that backwoods and salt of the earth and country do not equal stupid, especially in an age of technology.

That's why I was put off by the dumb act.

But there may be more to her personality than we saw on the show. In recent weeks, I read that she visited cancer kids in a NY hospital and refused to sing for them. Her excuse was that she had an important gig the next day or something like that. (Ace and Mandisa and other ousted participants made solo visits to the same hospital, and they sang for the terminally ill kids. Ace sang at least 6 songs. So American Idol didn't keep anyone from singing. Not singing was That Pickle's choice.)

It wouldn't have hurt her to sing "London Bridge is Falling Down" or "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." The kids would have loved it.

What she ended up doing by not singing for them was making some of the nurses angry, and they outed her as a calculating, not nice person on another website.

I think that she is probably not as stupid as she appeared on the show. I also think that she was not smart enough to figure out that singing for those kids would help her image, even if she didn't really care about them.

--Singer

Edited for spelling.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-06, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
Kellie was interviewed on a local radio station here yesterday morning and let me just say it was a totally different Pickle. Good word usage, stronge sentence structure and nice insights. Made me believe more than ever that her "stupidity" on the show was at least in part an act. It got her to top 6 though so I guess good work. *golf clap*

Siggy thanks to Syren!

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-06, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: So Long, Pickle"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-06 AT 03:33 PM (EST)

but I never thought she acted "stupid" on the show.

there's a HUGE difference between being naive/unworldly and being stupid.

I think the naivete was mostly real, but she was told to milk it.

she just never seemed unintelligent, to me personally. and apparently she's not, either. lol. so there ya go.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •