The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What has happened to Taylor?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-27-06, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What has happened to Taylor?"
I am a HUGE Taylor fan, and have been since i saw his audition. I knew he would go far. I must admit, i've been rather disappointed with his last few performances?

Granted, i'm sure he has been confused by the judges comments about if he should "just sing" or if he should "dance around foolishly", but what has happened to the Taylor we all loved for his passion and soul?

I'm convinced that part of the problem lately has been due to Taylor himself making incredibly poor song choices. "Country Roads"? "Just Once"? "Crazy Little Thing Called Love"? Those are just bad choices.

Other ideas?? Where has our soulful Taylor gone?

Here's hoping that the broader theme for next week will bring in one or two incredibly Taylor performances.

geekboy

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What has happened to Taylor? shawnar 04-27-06 1
 RE: What has happened to Taylor? SeniorCitizen 04-27-06 2
 RE: What has happened to Taylor? Reeflex7 04-27-06 3
 RE: What has happened to Taylor? sica077 04-27-06 4
 RE: What has happened to Taylor? Magnolia_Rocker 04-28-06 5
 RE: What has happened to Taylor? xwraith27 04-28-06 6
   RE: What has happened to Taylor? EnglProf 04-28-06 9
 RE: What has happened to Taylor? jags 04-28-06 7
 RE: What has happened to Taylor? geekboy 04-28-06 8
   RE: What has happened to Taylor? niteowl 04-30-06 10
 RE: What has happened to Taylor? okaychatt 05-01-06 11
   RE: What has happened to Taylor? niteowl 05-03-06 12
   RE: What has happened to Taylor? geekboy 05-03-06 13
       RE: What has happened to Taylor? pokerguy 05-03-06 14
           RE: What has happened to Taylor? annielynne42 05-06-06 15
               RE: What has happened to Taylor? 2Centz 05-15-06 16
                   RE: What has happened to Taylor? niteowl0205 05-16-06 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-27-06, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What has happened to Taylor?"
I feel ya, I have been wondering the same thing. I still Love him but he seems to have lost his spark. I hoping he steps it up. I had him pegged to win it but now I'm not so sure.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

SeniorCitizen 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-27-06, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeniorCitizen Click to send private message to SeniorCitizen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What has happened to Taylor?"
VFTW has put him up as their next choice now that KP is gone. I think either Chris or Katherine would make a better AI because I don't see Taylor as making very good 'product' for makers of pop artists, but if Taylor puts in some good performances and the soul patrol sticks to him, and VFTW brings in those who don't like him and want to mess with AI, he could still win. Either way, I'm looking forward to buying his music.

Reeflex7 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-27-06, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Reeflex7 Click to send private message to Reeflex7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What has happened to Taylor?"
I'm with you on the quality of his song choices. For one, he's been all over the place with them, from the Commodores to Michael McDonald to James Ingram to Buddy Holly...so is he trying to show diversity or does he just not know who he is? I'm curious as to what kind of artist he wants to be.

For another thing, he's not picking songs that allow him to do very much vocally..."Country Roads" and the Buddy Holly song are good examples of this.

His bread and butter is the Ray Charles/Michael McDonald thing, where he can use his energy and bring the house down. If he really wants to win this thing, he'll stick to that the rest of the way. When he cuts loose, he's money. Otherwise, it'll be Katherine vs. Chris final two.

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-27-06, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What has happened to Taylor?"
I have been disappointed, as well. I liked him a lot, and wanted to, but in the recent weeks Elliott has been gaining momentum in my book, while Taylor has been losing it. I just can't stand how some days the judges (ahem, Simon) love his squirmy, jerky, energetic performances and other nights he is slammed for them. Make up your mind!

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-28-06, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What has happened to Taylor?"
Funny you should post this particular topic because I told my DH Tuesday night that I really think Taylor needs to be voted out because it looks to me like AI is killing his spirit. I love Taylor and I personally don't like seeing that "spark" and "magic" missing from him. He's fading right in front of America's eyes and I find that tragic.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-28-06, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What has happened to Taylor?"
I personally think Taylor's playing a role as this season's JPL. When he's running up and down onstage pinwheeling his arms and whatnot, he sounds good. When he's not, I just can't help but think, "Meh."

Here's how I'd personally rank all of Taylor's performances:

Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Not Fade Away
Taking It To The Streets
Living For The City
-----
Trouble
Levon
You Send Me
-----
Easy
Just Once
Take Me Home, Country Roads

The top four in my list has Taylor "spazzing out" on stage, in which Taylor was unquestionably good. The next three are slower songs in which Taylor relied more on his vocals rather than stage presence. None of these three are bad, but they're not up to par to his other performances. The last three, for me, are bad song choices that ended up as vocal disasters.

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-28-06, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What has happened to Taylor?"
Ooh, I disagree. It was Taylor's early performance of Levon that had me saying to my DH "This guy is in a totally different league from everybody else."

I still listen to it on my ipod. I think he needs to go back to this type of performance where he can really show off his voice and maturity. Otherwise he sounds like he's doing Karoake.

I do agree with the sentiment that he's been disappointing lately. I wish he'd break out some Joe Cocker. I think my original estimate that he could win over Chris may be going down the toilet.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

jags 124 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-06, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jags Click to send private message to jags Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What has happened to Taylor?"
Taylor was not confident with his performance this week you could see it in his voice and his eyes. I have seen that look in his eyes a couple of times. This song by James Ingram should of been on of his best but he did not deliver it. He was all over the place with his voice. I still do not think he is the best, but he could work himself into the top 2 or 3, if his performances improve.
jags

04-28-06, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What has happened to Taylor?"
Thanks for the responses. I do have to disagree with a point a few of you made, that 'Taylor is not the best'. I strongly disagree with this.

Taylor is exactly what AI is looking for - that being someone who is truly unique both vocally and stylistically, but in a way that is not your cookie-cutter/top 40/usual fare coming from the record companies.

Taylor needs AI to make it big, and i think AI could gain a lot of credibility from Taylor winning, and allowing Taylor to make a true 'Taylor Hicks' CD.

Ruben didn't cut it. Fantasia didn't cut it. Carrie garnered some credibility from the country fans. Taylor could really shake things up.

He has seemed to lose some confidence, but the rumor millls are spinning that AI is not allowing a lot of his first picks for song selections. If true, that is sad and could explain a lot. We'll see how this week goes.

geekboy

niteowl 199 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-06, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl Click to send private message to niteowl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What has happened to Taylor?"
I love Taylor and hate to see him tank like last week. Do you know a link to where i can see his "Crazy Little Thing..." performance. I missed it and would really like to watch him.
Go Taylor!

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-01-06, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What has happened to Taylor?"
<I'm convinced that part of the problem lately has been due to <Taylor himself making incredibly poor song choices. "Country <Roads"? "Just Once"? "Crazy Little Thing Called Love"? Those <are just bad choices.

<Other ideas?? Where has our soulful Taylor gone?

<Here's hoping that the broader theme for next week will bring <in one or two incredibly Taylor performances.

Hi geekboy. I haven't been here in a while, but thought I'd chime in, as Taylor's lackluster performances have bothered me. He's come across as subdued to me, and I miss the real Taylor.

I think Taylor is just too eccentric for AI. He's played in Vegas (I think), and I think the AI routine simply doesn't interest him as much as he thought it would.

That said, Taylor needs the dancing around when he sings, because he does not have a solid enough voice to sustain a simple ballad.

Taylor is an entertainer/singer instead of just a singer, so he needs a stage where he can really cut loose. AI's format, "It's About the Singing", just doesn't suit Taylor's talents.

I'd like to hear him on a strictly blues/jazz kind of album, with not a single country or "popular" song on it. I think Taylor would do that sort of cd justice.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

niteowl 199 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-06, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl Click to send private message to niteowl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: What has happened to Taylor?"
I just got a cd of all the 'best of' 3 Dog Night. I had forgotten how blues-y and growly their lead singer was. I could totally see Taylor doing one of their songs really well.
(Jeremiah was a Bullfrog, Eli's coming etc)

05-03-06, 01:23 PM (EST)
13. "RE: What has happened to Taylor?"
Hi Okaychatt -

I have to strongly disagree with you about Taylor been 'too eccentric' for AI.

I think AI is completely about those undiscovered talents out there that wouldn't get a foot into the record exec's office via the 'normal routes'. This is what AI is supposedly looking for, and Taylor fits that mold to a tee.

I think its obvious via the voting public that we love Taylor, and I think Taylor winning it all is a no-lose situation for both sides.

AI needs something fresh and new, and I think Taylor is that person. On the other hand, Taylor needs AI to truly make it big.

He has the voice, he has the passion, and i think last night's performances prove that when he takes risks, it pays off.

Both songs last night were risks. first off, you have the totally cliched "Funky Music". He put some blues and soul into the funky song and gave it some new life, and busted out his moves.

"Something" is a certified classic, and Taylor also used that song to showcase his vocals, and again it paid off.

Last night was Taylor's night and he made it his night by taking risks.

geekboy

pokerguy 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-03-06, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pokerguy Click to send private message to pokerguy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: What has happened to Taylor?"
Taylor should to win. All the smart gamblers I know have most of their money on him to win the whole thing.

I think we can all agree that Paris and Elliot will not win the just don't have the fan base. Kat has a small chance but she will have to survive tonight then blow away the other every week and I don't think she has it in her.

This leaves us with Chris v Taylor. While Chris may be as good or better he does not have the entertainment factor that Taylor has. His funky dancing will get more votes than Chris' rocking.

annielynne42 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-06-06, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail annielynne42 Click to send private message to annielynne42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: What has happened to Taylor?"
Last weeks performance by Taylor scared me! I thought "Oh No"!I prayed he wouldn't get voted off, 'cause I thought it was bad. He needs to ignore Simon's remarks about his dancing around. This week he brought it back! He, just, makes me feel like getting up & dancing along with him. He has such energy. I love it & I love him! Go, Taylor, Go! ALL THE WAY!

2Centz 150 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-06, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 2Centz Click to send private message to 2Centz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: What has happened to Taylor?"

If I have to hear the words "soul patrol" one more time, I'm afraid I'll shoot my TV set.

niteowl0205 136 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl0205 Click to send private message to niteowl0205 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: What has happened to Taylor?"
>
>If I have to hear the
>words "soul patrol" one more
>time, I'm afraid I'll shoot
>my TV set.

So I guess you're goin' shopping, huh? LOL

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •