The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"AF's Annual AI5 Auditions thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-18-06, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"AF's Annual AI5 Auditions thread"
A nice place to keep track of auditioners and discuss, praise or criticize them or the judges.

This year, all my audition reports will stay in this thread. I will also change my format, listing the winners first, and then losers, instead of the chronological order shown. I encourage any additions, corrections, and comments from any of you so inclined, as it’s hard to catch every detail. But I REALLY want your opinions and predictions on these DAWs. (Putting a name in the subject line gets you bonus points with me.)

Be warned - there may be some bashing of auditioners/contestants and/or the celebrities that they resemble. Oh, and judges also. (And I do genuinely hope y'all will participate in this endeavor.) It's also a good place to compare them to celebrities, as that's easier than remembering their names (although a new thread on that alone may become necessary). Any statements I put in quotes are made by the actual person themselves. I don’t make up this stuff – it’s so bad, that I don’t need to. I just add to it and elaborate.

If I have enough interest, I will start my "Be the Idol" threads early. If any of you would like to reserve a contestant (or 2) based on the auditions, just PM me or ask in either of these threads. I will check to see if our judges will be returning this season and notify accordingly.

ta ta,
AngelFood

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Episode 1: Chicago, January 17th Angelfood 01-18-06 1
   RE: Episode 1: Chicago, January 17... okaychatt 01-18-06 2
       RE: Episode 1: Chicago, January 17... tamarama 01-18-06 3
           RE: Episode 2: Denver, CO January ... mommy_101 01-19-06 4
               RE: Episode 2: Denver, CO January ... Angelfood 01-19-06 5
 Episode 2: Denver, Jan 18th Angelfood 01-19-06 6
 Episode 3: Greensboro, Jan. 25 Angelfood 01-25-06 7
   RE: Episode 3: Greensboro, Jan. 25 Jadens Mommy 02-12-06 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

01-18-06, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Episode 1: Chicago, January 17th"
LAST EDITED ON 01-18-06 AT 01:57 PM (EST)

Episode 1: Chicago, January 17th
A Mighty Wind a Blowin’

Ryan's Intro: "It wasn't a breezy start in the Windy City."
Ryan's summary: "Simon was short, auditions were short, and tempers were short."

So, basically it's starting out just like every other season of Ameri-canned Idol.

WINNERS
(pics to be added as acquired):

The Reuben Twins
1. Darrell Brittenum
2. Terrell Brittenum
First they sang together with beautiful harmonies, then #2 sang “My Girl” and #1 sang “Ain’t too Proud to Beg” with some help from his bro.

Simon’s Suck Up
3. Gina Glockson – in a girl band
Sang “Power of Love” by Celine Dion, inserting Simon’s name in the lyric.

AI5 Frenchie & AF’s Early Favorite
4. Mandisa – yes, just the one name. Black hair with little white streaks – I loved it.
Sang “Fallin” by Alicia Keys.
Worst Simon Quote: “Do we have a bigger stage this year?”
Paula: “She’s like Frenchie.”
Simon: “Forget Frenchie, she’s like France”. Ooh, Simon, poorly done.

Me and My Sister
5. Brooke Barrettsmith
6. Leah Barrettsmith, 19 (but the taller of the 2).
I don’t remember what they sang, but I thought they over-sang it. Paula thought it was unfair to take one and not the other, so she said yes to both, and talked Randy into the same. I predict they’ll crash and burn in Hollywood rounds.

Angelfood’s New Boy Toy
7. Zachary Smits – He’s 17 and if he lasts long in the season, surely I will burn in purgatory. Estee – how many Hail Mary’s for this one??
Oh yeah, he sang a crooner song, “I’m in the Mood for Love”. I can help him out with that one.

Ms. Thing
8. ??
We didn’t get her name or see her sing, but she had a nice verbal scuffle in the ante-chamber, where another girl (in flower dress) challenged her right to move on, since the flower girl got turned down. Ms. Thing claims to have sang Beyonce’s “Work it out” and said that it was her performance that put her through. When prompted to sing, she said that she didn’t need to, the golden ticket was proof enough. You go, girl!

Frank Sinatra, Jr.
9. David Radford, 17
Sang a Sinatra song that Simon liked.

Twins that Sing Better than Last Season’s Romans
10. Joshua Simmons
11. Jarrett Simmons
One or both sang Luther Vandros’ “You Told me you Love Me”.

Crazy Dave
12. Dave Hoover, 28
Sang an original song. He had so much energy & was bouncing around, much like last season’s LEROY, but not nearly as entertaining, yet a better singer. Also, he "talks to the animals". In English. The shoeless feet have been bashed in other threads here already.
Paula voted him through for “reasons only known to me”, which I believe is code for: I want to aggravate Simon and put through fun people for better ratings.

Also-rans
13. New Jersey girl
14. Army girl
We weren’t shown either audition, just interviews at the end of show.

LOSERS:

TBA

- Crystal Pariz?? - Give it up Ashlee Simpson! You've proven yet again that you can't sing live, ok. This poor, deluded 16-yrold thought she looked good. Bleached blond hair, orange oompa-loompa tan, pink crystal earrings, tammy-faye eyeshadow & mascara, & a hot pink tank top. Simon was more interested in how she got that "tan". She actually dared to sing Jennifer Holliday's "And I'm Telling You". (BTW: I look forward to seeing Jennifer Hudson do this one in the Dreamgirls movie, currently in production and also starring Beyonce). Then, at the end, Simon wanted to know the inspiration for her look and invited her to bring her mother in the audition room. Same look, but with dark gray hair & short skirt. Finish this phrase: two-bit _____. yeah.

Cow Girl
She doesn't look like a cow, wasn't dressed like a cow, but she did work with them. Not a good singer though. At the end of Simon's remarks,
Randy: "You should name a cow after Simon"
Paula: "And call it MAD COWELL."

Quote of the night!

Featured song vignette at the end of the show: Lady Marmalade
Sung by no less than 23 auditioners. Sounds like a set up to me, especially when we've seen some of them sing other songs at their audition. Of course, Crystal Ashlee Simpson butchered it, thus being forever immortalized in radio promos for the show (I heard it this morning on the radio and they played a clip of her!).

I heard in the first hour that 28 went through, and in the second day that 34 went through, but I need to verify this.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-18-06, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 1: Chicago, January 17th"
<Frank Sinatra, Jr.
9. David Radford, 17
Sang a Sinatra song that Simon liked

Oh lawdy! Please save us from yet another "boy next door, can't sing in key, but the tweenies LOVE him" boy disaster.

I absolutely, positively, could not take another one of those "from the heartland" types. But one gets through every year. Must be America's affinity for squeaky clean behind the ears crooners you wouldn't mind your daughter dating.

Gag me with a spoon. ACK!

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-18-06, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 1: Chicago, January 17th"
>>9. David Radford, 17
Sang a Sinatra song that Simon liked
Oh lawdy! Please save us from yet another "boy next door, can't sing in key, but the tweenies LOVE him" boy disaster.<<

Read my mind!!

Boy may (eventually, post-puberty) have a decent voice, but if he continues to consciously TRY SO DANG HARD to sing like Sinatra, he's gonna take a steaming dump on stage. I think that's what Paula was trying say when she told him to "bring it" to Hollywood or whatever (such clear, concise direction she gives).

mommy_101 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-19-06, 00:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mommy_101 Click to send private message to mommy_101 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 2: Denver, CO January 18th"
Ok I just wanna say that the litte country kid from wyoming that had never been in public and had only sang to a turkey; he's going to have a hard time in Hollywood but my heart just goes out to him. What courage he had to even go there and participate. I know this show is about talent but that kid grabbed my heart strings. It surely didn't expect to hear that voice come out of him either. Not sure that it's the kind of quality that will win American idol for him but I just want him to make it on the show for a while. I love him.

01-19-06, 08:46 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Episode 2: Denver, CO January 18th"
yes, I think that's why they sent him also. I agree - he's adorable. He won't make it far, but that's not the point. I think that Simon said yes so that not only will the kid get tv and life exposure, but will hopefully have the chance to work with some professionals - vocal coaches, etc. AND maybe get noticed enough for someone local to take him on pro bono.

Simon does do good once in awhile.

01-19-06, 10:25 AM (EST)
6. "Episode 2: Denver, Jan 18th"
More will be added to this when I watch my tape tonight. I missed much of the ep.

Episode 2: Denver, Jan 18th
Rockers and Bobby Sockers

Ryan's Summary: "The Mile High City brought high turnout, high notes, high heels, and high-brow intellect."
Ryan's Intro: "We're off to a rocky start." Bah-dum-da!

WINNERS:
1. Lisa Tucker, 16yrs from Anaheim, CA, #36047
Sang "One Moment in Time"
Simon: "Best 16 year old to ever come into this competition. Usually I loathe the 16 yr olds."

2. Ace Young, 24 yrs, #36456

3. Rochelle Elaine, 25yrs from Kansas

4. Chris Daughtry, 25yrs, #36483
Sang a Joe Cocker song
His wife was there. He is stepdad to a 5 & 7 yrold.

5. Heather Cox

6. Garrett, #39702

01-25-06, 02:29 PM (EST)
7. "Episode 3: Greensboro, Jan. 25"
Episode 3: Greensboro, NC

Ok, I'll have to re-watch my tape of this, as i didn't catch everything. But it seemed like they had trouble filling 2 hours with good material.

WINNERS:
1. Kelly Pickler, 19 from NC. THis is the one in the previews who has a father in prison on drugs, no mother, just a grandfather & friends. She is like a cross between Kelly Clarkson & Carrie Underwood, with the gentle, humble sweetness we love. She sang a Kelly song "Since U been gone" (good thing they got the rights in time) with a Country-Carrie sound. Adorable. But with Kelly & Carrie doing so well, this might not be the right timing for a hybrid.

2. Sgt Steven David Jr, 28. Sang "Let's get it on" to Paula, and got to dance with her, at the physical insistence of Randy & Simon. After he got the 3 yes votes, went out the door and let his WIFE in.
Randy: "This is the craziest show ever."
Paula: "HE'S MARRIED?!?!?!"
Sgt to his wife: "THis is Paula Abdul, she can join in".
Ryan: "I think he was using Paula to get a yes."

3. Halicia Thompson, sang "A Different World."
4. Kendra
5. Chase, a male that sang a Whitney Houston song. Simon said no.
6. Jeffrey "Ryan", sang Rascall Flats
7. Paris Bennett, 17, granddaughter? of Anne ??, famous singer identified by Randy. This girl was great, sang songs from Dixie Chicks AND Billie Holliday.
8. Tyra Juliette ??, 24, NY. Sang "In the Still of the Night."

Day 1 - 24 people went through
Day 2 - 9 people

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-12-06, 03:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 3: Greensboro, Jan. 25"
I already have my favorite to win which I usually don't this early in the competition. I'm sorry but I don't remember her name or anything about her. Just what she looks like.

She is African-American with short boppy black hair. She can sing so awesome without putting any effort into it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •