The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Nadia Turner"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-31-05, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Nadia Turner"
Hello all -

This message is a rally cry for all of my fellow Nadia fans to come to her aide next week and get her out of the bottom three. She doesn't deserve to be there, especially for two weeks in a row.

Vote once, vote 10 times, vote more - just remember to vote. Personally i'd put her in the top three contestants, so being in the bottom three for two weeks is simply a disgrace.

Call your friends, call anyone you can. She needs the votes.

geekboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Nadia Turner Femme 03-31-05 1
 RE: Nadia Turner samboohoo 03-31-05 2
   RE: Nadia Turner Femme 03-31-05 3
   RE: Nadia Turner geekboy 03-31-05 4
       RE: Nadia Turner aquariaqueen 03-31-05 5
       RE: Nadia Turner samboohoo 03-31-05 6
       RE: Nadia Turner Ellehcar71 03-31-05 7
           RE: Nadia Turner uberspoon 04-01-05 8
               RE: Nadia Turner seahorse 04-03-05 9
 RE: Nadia Turner iatovttotx78 04-04-05 10
   RE: Nadia Turner aquariaqueen 04-04-05 11
   RE: Nadia Turner geekboy 04-04-05 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-31-05, 02:18 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Nadia Turner"
You know, I think this is the first time I have seen one of these threads that I didn't wrinkle my nose at.

Usually, someone will make this same appeal for a contestant that plain old stinks, like Mikalah during her last few performances, or that goofy guy from last season who danced all dorky and would have been a better choice for American Comedian than American Idol.

This one, however, has merit. Nadia is too good to let go. I am really surprised by her double appearance in the bottom three. That's so wrong when people like Scott are still in this contest.

Femme

i she be your girlfriend

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-31-05, 02:35 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Nadia Turner"
While I like Nadia and agree that she is much better than some of the others left, the problem I see here is that this should not be a popularity contest. Nadia has been in the Bottom 3 the past two weeks because of her poor choices.

Perhaps that is the flaw with the show's set-up. Too many people are voting based on who they like best vs. who performs best. This week she was better than last week, and her look was certainly better, but she certainly wasn't the best. And she flubbed the lines -- for the second week in a row.

Crowned by Pooh. Decorated by Syren

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-31-05, 02:45 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Nadia Turner"
I know that she must have messed up her lyrics since so many have mentioned it, but I truly haven't noticed at all.

I think the complaint is that she is a better singer and performer than "bottom three" and I, for one, am concerned for her safety in the contest not because I like her, but because she is good and deserves to be there.

It seems like the "popularity" votes are missing her
completely. Others are getting by with more horrible song choices (I am sooo grunge, then singing some softrock version of Bonnie Raitt song) and mediocre performances (the under-enunciating Nikko and overly-awkward Scott) while people with technical proficiency, pleasant, interesting voices, and a dynamic stage presence are being overlooked.

I agree with what you are saying boo, I just don't think it applies to Nadia, unless it's in discussing how she is being robbed of votes that are going to less capable and deserving contestants.

Femme

i she be your girlfriend

03-31-05, 03:04 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Nadia Turner"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-05 AT 03:05 PM (EST)

The problem, i believe, IS that too many people are voting on popularity as opposed to the quality of performance, and overall skills.

But, again, since it is the general public voting, this to a certain extent is to be expected. For example, i can more easily accept the fact that in season 1, Tamyra was voted out prior to Nikki and Justin, but at least we were down to the final 4.

Last week was the FINAL 11 and she was in the bottom 3.

Personally, I do not vote on who is my favorite, per se. I try to pickout 2 or 3 people who over the course of the show display consistency, originality and ideally growth as a performer. All contestants will have down weeks, but even with the wealth of talent this season, picking the "best" isn't too difficult.

For me, Nadia seems to have a natural sense of song selection, she does make each song her own (which is highly important to me) and she displays versatility in different styles of performing. This is why she stands out as one of the best for me.

Also, being a performer means you have to deliver the whole package. With this in mind, I loved the mohawk for the 80's. I can't see why people keep knocking on her for that - this is a show about performing and entertaining. Don't forget taht Carrie also did an "80's hair thing" for her performance the same week.

Again, this not about popularity. I made this initial post to remind everyone exactly the opposite - vote on the aspects that you should be voting on, NOT on popularity.

geekboy

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-31-05, 03:08 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Nadia Turner"
I'm with you geekboy!!!!!!

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-05, 03:37 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Nadia Turner"
"Again, this not about popularity. I made this initial post to remind everyone exactly the opposite - vote on the aspects that you should be voting on, NOT on popularity."

"This message is a rally cry for all of my fellow Nadia fans to come to her aide next week and get her out of the bottom three.

Vote once, vote 10 times, vote more - just remember to vote.

Call your friends, call anyone you can. She needs the votes."

I believe you are saying two different things in your two posts. I recall Jasmine and Diana receiving popularity votes last season that resulted in an unwarranted Jennifer boot and, later, Latoya (I think that's her name).

I certainly agree with you that Nadia is an entertainer, I believe I said that in last week's ranking thread. I didn't care for the mohawk, and I believe she looked aged beyond her years. On a performance level, I certainly rank her higher than Scott, Anthony and even Anwar. I voted for her in Week 1 because I thought she deserved it. The past two weeks, however, I do not feel she did. It appears that Nadia is going to have to work harder to get the votes with not just a "good" performance but rather with a "perfect" one.

Crowned by Pooh. Decorated by Syren

Ellehcar71 163 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-31-05, 03:45 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Nadia Turner"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-05 AT 03:47 PM (EST)

Didn't Kimberly Locke spend several weeks in the bottom 3? Then ended up 3rd (kinda ironic). I think Diana DeGarmo was in the bottom 3 several times. Correct me if I'm wrong - I'm no expert. Anyway, I just keep reminding myself that seeing Nadia in the bottom 3 isn't a death sentence necessarily. Then, of course, her fans need to step up, rather than writing her off and voting for someone else.

I agree with the judges that she is not the best, but she is at least top 5.

*edited for left out words.....

uberspoon 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-01-05, 10:59 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Nadia Turner"
This is all very true, Ellehcar. I distinctly remember thinking about Diana last year: "Well, it's only a matter of time for her." and thinking the exact same thing about K.Lo.

I think with Diana, she picked up some of Amy's votes, some of Camile's votes, and possibly even some of JPL's. Kimberly grew a stage presence a few weeks into the competition that hadn't been there before.

I don't know who's votes Nadia will pick up. I honestly thought that she'd pull some of Mikalah's (just because I assumed that the people who voted for Mik did so because she's an original..as is Nadia). As for stage presence, can't nobody touch Nadia. Vocal prowess aside, Nadia trumps even Carrie in the stage presence contest.

Seeing her in the bottom 3 again is making me crazy. She is waaay better than that. I really don't want to see her get Jennifer Hudson'ed. I'm tying up my tuesday nights sitting in my living room and power-voting for Nadia..when someone as good as her shouldn't require it this early in the game.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-05, 08:23 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Nadia Turner"
I don't think Nadia is a bottom three performer, yet, but I don't think her voice is going to get her in the top three.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

iatovttotx78 2645 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-05, 10:57 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Nadia Turner"
I'll be voting for the first time ever this week. And I plan on giving Nadia all my love. I'm sick and tired of seeing her talent unappreciated. She doesn't deserve this. Scott and Anthony need to go first!
It almost makes me hate America

~Tim~

Fighting for peace is like fck!ing for virginity.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-05, 11:00 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Nadia Turner"
Glad to know you're exercising your civic duty............vote, and vote often.

04-04-05, 12:57 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Nadia Turner"
Hugs, Kisses and tons of THANKS!!

geekboy

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •