The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is Trya a narcissist?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

uynwarh 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-21-06, 07:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail uynwarh Click to send private message to uynwarh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is Trya a narcissist?"
I doubt this opinion is going to be popular with Tyra fans. I never looked at it that way myself, but I have to say, I think it's kinda true, a little isty bit, don't you think? BTW I didn't write it so don't attack me!

"The truth about America's Next Top Model is that it is nothing more than a means by which Tyra Banks is going about her goal to prove that she is the It of the Its. America's Next Top Model is only secondarily a show about vapid girls chasing vapid dreams. Primarily it is a show about Tyra Banks and her ambition to surpass all world famous supermodels before her and those who will come after her, to prove that she is larger than life.

America’s Next Top Model is a stage on which Tyra Banks puts on a show for the rest of the world, pretending to give a damn about the young women and their dreams when in fact, all she really cares about is herself and her opinions. She seizes every opportunity to praise herself, to show off, to steal the show even if she has to do it by showing up a prideful Black girl who dares to think she can take an attitude with the mighty Tyra.

In what ever way she can Tyra Banks draws attention away from the competing models onto herself. She is narcissistic, conceited, smug and condescending. She is “America’s Next Top Model”, season after season after season. A new girl wins the title, but Tyra Banks wears the crown, and she sees to it that the contestants and the rest of the world are reminded constantly."

Source: http://www.thesexyadbook.com/blog/blog_view.php?entry_id=57&user_id=1

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is Trya a narcissist? mistyrose52 09-21-06 1
 RE: Is Trya a narcissist? ginger 09-21-06 2
 RE: Is Trya a narcissist? Sagebrush Dan 09-25-06 3
 RE: Is Trya a narcissist? Savahnna 09-26-06 4
 RE: Is Trya a narcissist? lonnieh 10-28-06 5
   RE: Is Trya a narcissist? Zenlala 10-30-06 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-21-06, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is Trya a narcissist?"
Well, only Tyra herself knows what's going on in that heart and mind of hers.

I do agree that there may be other ways to help young women, but this is the way SHE knows, and the way SHE chose to do it.

The fact that we continue to watch and support this show says that we think it's ok. The fact that millions of parents are cheering their young ladies on, says that THEY think it's ok, too.

How many other young ladies, around 11-16, are just waiting for the opportunity to meet the model-guru and have some kind of television exposure to help launch a dream career? We'll never know.

And for that matter, in this business, WHO ISN'T narcissistic??

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-21-06, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is Trya a narcissist?"
I think Miss Tyra would be the first to reply Heck Yeah. But that's the nature of this business we call "show".

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-25-06, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is Trya a narcissist?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-06 AT 10:02 AM (EST)

Even though she had per pix EVERYWHERE! to promote her new magazine, I got pretty fed up with the lot.

I spent 18 years working with people in the recording industry, and mosi—who are not in the business—say that some conceit or ego is a necessary part of their personality. Not so. Some of the top artists were jerks, but most were just folks.

On the other hand, notice how quickly Melrose got hammered for attitude? And.....I didn't think her runway walk was all that.

Tribe

If we bring a little joy into your humdrum lives, it makes us feel as though our hard work ain't been in vain fer nuttin'.
-Lena Lamont, Singin' in the Rain

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-26-06, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is Trya a narcissist?"
in a word YES

lonnieh 5 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-06, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lonnieh Click to send private message to lonnieh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Is Trya a narcissist?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-06 AT 12:50 PM (EST)

Answer to your questions is no, what you need to realize first of all is all the advantages these young girls are getting from Trya, she's been through all of the for real junk that shes putting these ladies through. A lot of these ladies are getting into the business of some type of modeling and hooked up with the right people that wouldn't have had the money to even get to New York or wherever they needed to be to get notice to get into this business. Top model not only gives each of them a portfolio but video to show top agencies. For some of these girls on this show whether the win or lose the experince of the whole thing, getting out of there home town, the places they get to go, clothes they get to wear, food they get to eat will be and I'm sure for some would have never happen for is something they will never experience again. For those who get a job in this business its wonderful.So for all your negative comments about Tyra not really wanting to help these young girls is bull. She's a business woman and she's already got hers, she very smart about what she's doing. And instead of tearing her down about wanting to take what she learned and making a career out of it you should say wow! look at this person who quit modeling before it quit her and just disappeard and never heard from anymore, especially a black ex supermodel. Why is it you don't here all these negative comments about supermodel Heidi Klume her show is number like Trya's and she and her judges are just a hard on the people who are trying be desigeners. Wake up and realize how life is so sad right now and there are so many people doing bad things to these young people or just don't give a damn, Trya does or she wouldn't be spending her time, money her connections to make this show work. I admire her as a strong caring person.

Zenlala 5 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-06, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Zenlala Click to send private message to Zenlala Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is Trya a narcissist?"
>So
>for all your negative comments
>about Tyra not really wanting
>to help these young girls
>is bull. She's a business
>woman and she's already got
>hers, she very smart about
>what she's doing. And instead
>of tearing her down about
>wanting to take what she
>learned and making a career
>out of it you should
>say wow! look at this
>person who quit modeling before
>it quit her and just
>disappeard and never heard from
>anymore, especially a black ex
>supermodel.

Most people were probably expecting the modeling industry to quit her. Tyra knows that she cannot model forever.

>Why is it you
>don't here all these negative
>comments about supermodel Heidi Klume
>her show is number like
>Trya's and she and her
>judges are just a hard
>on the people who are
>trying be desigeners.

That is a very good point. I dont see anyone talking trash like this about heidi klum. But the reasons are very obvious.

People also talk about how Tyra is trying to be like Oprah with the talk show. Why is she trying to be like Oprah? Why cant two black women both have successful talk shows? What, only one of us can make it at a time?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •