The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What were they thinking putting those girls in freezing water??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-30-06, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What were they thinking putting those girls in freezing water??"
That REALLY made me MAD last night!! I couldn't believe it! Do they not understand the concept of hypothermia??

I noticed that someone looking like an EMT showed up pretty quickly, so maybe they do have emergency personel around, 'just in case', but then to rag on Caridee because she didn't say anything??

Hello! This girl has been in the bottom 2 for several weeks now, and she's scared TO DEATH that you'll drop her, to the point of putting her life at risk!! THAT IS JUST CRAP!!

I was wishing that someone would push Tyra and the photographer in that pool and let THEM float for a while! I don't care if you take swimsuit shoots in the winter and/or jacket shoots in the summer-when you are a pro and paid the way Tyra, Misha, Kate Moss, etc, are, those girls can refuse to do anything they want! They also have people around them all the time making sure they are comfortable!!!

These girls DO NOT have that. I truly believe they put those girls lives at risk last night-not to mention that stupid BULL shoot!! This show is really starting to pi$$ me off-especially when you know these girls are going NO WHERE when this whole thing is over!

Look at the past winners-where are they??? Can anyone tell me, besides Adrienne, who jumped out on her own into a ridiculous reality show? Where are the rest? Haven't seen any one of them on the cover of Glamour, Vogue, or Cosmo yet.......

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What were they thinking putting... eire_heart74 11-30-06 1
   RE: What were they thinking putting... mistyrose52 11-30-06 2
       RE: What were they thinking putting... Magnolia_Rocker 11-30-06 3
           RE: What were they thinking putting... eire_heart74 11-30-06 4
               RE: What were they thinking putting... tamarama 12-01-06 13
 RE: What were they thinking putting... globespinner 11-30-06 5
   RE: What were they thinking putting... eire_heart74 11-30-06 6
   RE: What were they thinking putting... tamarama 12-01-06 14
 RE: What were they thinking putting... deelishis 11-30-06 7
 RE: What were they thinking putting... ginger 11-30-06 8
 RE: What were they thinking putting... globespinner 11-30-06 9
   RE: What were they thinking putting... nazpink 11-30-06 10
       RE: What were they thinking putting... amea_gari 12-01-06 11
           RE: What were they thinking putting... mistyrose52 12-01-06 12
 RE: What were they thinking putting... cayem 12-01-06 15
 Flamenco Dancing cayem 12-01-06 16
 RE: What were they thinking putting... socalsunshine 12-01-06 17
   RE: What were they thinking putting... Boettcha3 12-12-06 18
 RE: What were they thinking putting... CHELSEA101 12-28-06 19
   RE: What were they thinking putting... amea_gari 12-28-06 20
 RE: What were they thinking putting... MsDeeVeeAns 12-30-06 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-30-06, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What were they thinking putting those girls in freezing water??"
It's going for ratings not just a good shot.

I was annoyed with Tyra telling her she needed to learn how to deal with cold because "she's costing the client money" Yes a model should be able to show up on time, be nice, take a good pic in order to do a good job for the client and make the client see their money was well spent.

A model should also in fact learn how to be safe when at novelty shoot like say the wind tunnel. Caridee clearly paid no attention to the safety rules on that one. She did make a great pic but it could of really bit her on the butt if she got hurt or someone else did.

But to tell a model to learn how to deal with the cold?? Your going to tell some girl that the last two weeks you have been slamming to take a break? Yeah like she's going to!! You know she thought she just had to get it in the can! To do her job.

And I am doubtful of the swimsuits in winter coats in the summer sermon Miss Tyra preached. With all the digital camera computer editing that they can do now a days, do they really drag a bunch of models outside in Decemember anymore? JUst wondering. Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

11-30-06, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What were they thinking putting those girls in freezing water??"
I agree-what would be the point of shooting a swim suit edition in the winter? Makes no sense at all to me! I think Tyra is grasping at straws to make the ratings on this show go up.

I personally feel Caridee's family should really chastise her for this one-it was putting those girls in danger, plain and simple. I'd love to see HER jump in that water for the length of time she expected them to, and then have them yell at her, 'Hey, you're from______, wherever, " to make it look like she's a weakling!! I don't care if you're from freaking Siberia-COLD is COLD!!! And HOT is HOT!! I am from Arizona, but you ain't gonna see me in no down jacket in the middle of July in Phoenix!!!

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-30-06, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What were they thinking putting those girls in freezing water??"
They do shoot swimsuit catalogues during the winter becuase they have to have plenty of time to get everything put together to release the catalogue/magazine/flyer whatever right before the swimsuit season begins. Marketing baby.

Christmas goodness created by Tribey!

11-30-06, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What were they thinking putting those girls in freezing water??"
I don't doubt the need to do the shoots months ahead of the time you would need to see them. (ie plenty of time before swimsuit season thank goodness!)

I just really don't think they do all those outdoor shots in 20 degress weather. Not with computers being able to do what they do. They have shown that on the show countless times.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-01-06, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: What were they thinking putting those girls in freezing water??"
Or they fly to the Bahamas.

Or Cancun (cheaper).

globespinner 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-30-06, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail globespinner Click to send private message to globespinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What were they thinking putting those girls in freezing water??"
I completely agree. This season has been so ridiculous, it's almost like watching a satire. First, Monique gets criticized for going home because she was sick (not that I miss her or anything), then Caridee is criticized for NOT asking for a break. They're just looking for things to create drama--I can't believe that the girls don't just break down in hysterics. It's like living with an emotionally abusive parent/spouse. You never know what they want and you keep trying to second-guess them, only to be wrong all the time because they're more interested in trashing you than supporting. The cold water was really stupid and Tyra's rationale was just as bad. They DON'T do outdoor shots as much as she likes to imagine. It's called a STUDIO, and any photographer will tell you it's a lot easier to manage lighting, equipment, makeup, etc. in a studio filled with styrofoam than in a snowdrift. Spare me.

11-30-06, 04:18 PM (EST)
6. "RE: What were they thinking putting those girls in freezing water??"
Exactly!!! They have shown time and again on this show how they use computers to add to all the shots. They weren't really flying in space. Or away from a Ms Jay diva ghost and all the other crap that they have done. Just stick those chicks in a tank in a studio.

Maybe that's how they did things then Tyra but not now. Tyra you're showing your age honey!

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-01-06, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: What were they thinking putting those girls in freezing water??"
>>First, Monique gets criticized for going home because she was sick<<

Well, it was kinda obvious that Monique was full of crap.

When Danielle was hospitalized, we saw her hooked up to IVs etc.

Monique claims they told her she was dehydrated, but though I paused and looked very carefully, there was no IV next to her hospital bed. Plugging you with an IV is one of the first things they do to you when you go in. So I think everyone knew she wasn't really sick. Physically.

deelishis 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-30-06, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail deelishis Click to send private message to deelishis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What were they thinking putting those girls in freezing water??"
I thought that was dumb to put those girls through that awful water photo shoot. I mean really, on past shows Tyra has showed an example, why didn't she get in the water? She knew that was stupid. I think they try to see how far these girls will go to make an a** of themselves and then they are eliminated, for example when they cut Jada's hair off...they knew she looked like a dude. Just stupid. "America's Next Top Model" is really starting to be "America's Next Blooper" And "Miss Tyra is to dramatic!

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-30-06, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What were they thinking putting those girls in freezing water??"
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-06 AT 06:43 PM (EST)

They are certainly sending a mixed message: Even if you are sick, you should go to the shoot. If you think your body can't handle it, you have to let us know so we can stop the shoot.

globespinner 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-30-06, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail globespinner Click to send private message to globespinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What were they thinking putting those girls in freezing water??"
Yeah, it's like when they did the obligitary "Look what I look like when I do it" Tyra shot (of her in the bathtub), we were supposed to pretend that she was soaking in a tub of cold water? Every time Tyra says, "I decided to be a part of this", my partner and I say, "AKA: I'm feeling like I need more screen time..."

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-06, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What were they thinking putting those girls in freezing water??"
My only concern with Caridee is how far she will push herself til it becomes unsafe. I can understand her reluctance to say anything....after all the judges are hypocritical...but Tyra did have a point about Caridee needing to learn limits professionally....now only if Tyra would back that up during panel....

As far as the ice water...that didn't make much sense....at least not so cold it can throw someone into a hypothermic state. They could have made that water warm enough to be safe but not so comfortable that it would have been easy....that way not only would the models be protected but we could have seen how well they handle themselves in more challenging shoots.

I also didn't see the point in the bull photo since Nigel took pictures of the beast beforehand and it was digitally placed in a desirable position next to the model. Therefore the bull didn't even need to be in there with the girls....just allowing them to see the bull and study it's behavior to get a feel for appropriate positions would have been enough.

I too am tired of seeing girls put through crap on this show especially when the only reward is a small fan base that usually fades by next season. If anything, these girls would have more success in wowing the photographers and designers they work with in hopes that they can get a job with them on their own.

I am also sick of seeing Tyra in her lackluster photos. The bathtub pic of her wasn't even great...not what I would expect out of an "accomplished" model. And before Tyra bashes on Melrose's beret she should take a look at her 50's inspired puffy hairdo and too tight corsets that she's been wearing along with the million of layers of poorly done makeup.

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-01-06, 01:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What were they thinking putting those girls in freezing water??"
Good grief, the makeup!! I agree. I was wacthing last night and suddenly, there's Tyra looking like she just got back from an audition with the Insane Clown Posse. And the corset looked like it was coming undone in front and back.
I don't care for Melrose much, and I think berets are pretty silly-- but let's put that beret in perspective with Tyra's typical garb, or Jay's garbage bag gowns.

If you really want to be a sheep, I can point you to a shepherd.

12-01-06, 12:21 PM (EST)
12. "RE: What were they thinking putting those girls in freezing water??"
I just don't understand why they couldn't have used a heated pool! How cheap are these people, anyway??? They could have at least heated it to the upper 60's so the girls would not have been in danger.

It's getting more than a little ridiculous! So glad they are down to the final 3-don't think I could bear to watch another month of this garbage!

cayem 6 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-06, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cayem Click to send private message to cayem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: What were they thinking putting those girls in freezing water??"
I felt so bad for the girls... that water looked horrid. I know that I wouldn't not have been able to handle it. This was just for the drama. They are acting like no one in that country owned a heated pool, or a hotel with an indoor swimming pool?!? There were so many better options for the girls that would have maybe even produced better pictures.

cayem 6 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-06, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cayem Click to send private message to cayem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Flamenco Dancing"
Okay, Melrose crying was bit much, and she really struggled. It did not appear that she was practicing as much as the other girls, and normally she is really on top of it. But the most laughable part was Tyra at the end when she lost her shoe. Every moment in life is a chance for a mini-lesson. It came off really fake to me.

socalsunshine 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-01-06, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail socalsunshine Click to send private message to socalsunshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: What were they thinking putting those girls in freezing water??"
I agree. I couldn't stand the fact they would put these girls at risk, expect them not to complain and then sound disappointed in Caridee for not speaking up sooner.

Boettcha3 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-12-06, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boettcha3 Click to send private message to Boettcha3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: What were they thinking putting those girls in freezing water??"
There is a point when their little lessons go too far. Yes, im sure they were tryign to teach the girls that they can still do these beautiful shots, but they should speak up if they're not comfortable in the situation. Honestly, there was no reason for teh shots to be in freezing water- they could have gotten teh same pictures with a heated pool- what's the point?

CHELSEA101 7 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-06, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CHELSEA101 Click to send private message to CHELSEA101 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: What were they thinking putting those girls in freezing water??"
CARIDEE IS NOT TOUGH ENOUGH AS THE OTHER GIRLS! YOU DIDN'T SEE MELROSE AND EUGENA WHINING LIKE MELROSE DID! THEY ACTUALLY STAYED IN THERE! MELROSE SHOULD OF WON!

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-28-06, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: What were they thinking putting those girls in freezing water??"
Evidently you missed Melrose pitching the most childish hissyfit of the season because Caridee accidentally ripped her dress.

If you really want to be a sheep, I can point you to a shepherd.

MsDeeVeeAns 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-30-06, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MsDeeVeeAns Click to send private message to MsDeeVeeAns Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: What were they thinking putting those girls in freezing water??"
LAST EDITED ON 12-30-06 AT 08:28 AM (EST)

>That REALLY made me MAD last
>night!! I couldn't believe it!
> Do they not understand
>the concept of hypothermia??
>
>
>editted

wuzzup wizzat

I so agree....I think there are few dangerous things ATNM does and I do think it is reckless. Having said that if 99 of 100 can do it.......now what of C confessions to suicidality?
How the heck did she pass to be on the show, Tyra knows the psych-damages of modeling she needs to be more careful in her selections.

And how the heck did Monique get in...if I was on the show I would be charged for assault by now, she was dangerous. This kind should be removed ASAP, to heck with formal elminations.

Cari and Mon are far more 'dangerous' than some cold water.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •