The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Trying to pretend Adrienne never existed? "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

globespinner 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-05-06, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail globespinner Click to send private message to globespinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Trying to pretend Adrienne never existed? "
Each season, it's gotten more and more obvious that Tyra wants to just forget that Adrienne ever was a part of ANTM--so far this season it's so pathetic with the denial. The opening montage starts with Yoanna, then last night with all the remembering about the former contestants who stuck with it when they were sick, they didn't say word one about Adrienne coming back from the hospital to be there during judging. I know she's a bit trashy in the post-ANTM world, but come on. I hate to say it, but even though Adrienne isn't necessarily on the A list of celebs, she's making money off her fame more than any of the other winners.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Trying to pretend Adrienne neve... Magnolia_Rocker 10-05-06 1
   RE: Trying to pretend Adrienne neve... ginger 10-05-06 2
       RE: Trying to pretend Adrienne neve... LIVEURBESTLIFE 10-05-06 4
 RE: Trying to pretend Adrienne neve... deweydrop 10-05-06 3
 RE: Trying to pretend Adrienne neve... eire_heart74 10-05-06 5
   RE: Trying to pretend Adrienne neve... LisaPles 10-06-06 6
       RE: Trying to pretend Adrienne neve... reealiteefan 10-09-06 8
 RE: Trying to pretend Adrienne neve... Boettcha3 10-09-06 7
 RE: Trying to pretend Adrienne neve... pinksparkleguitar 10-10-06 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-05-06, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Trying to pretend Adrienne never existed? "
Yeah, I noticed last night that she wasn't accounted for during the opening credits. That's really petty on Tyra et al's part.

A Tribe Original!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-05-06, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Trying to pretend Adrienne never existed? "
It's silly, because A. is arguably the most successful of Tyra's alum. She still models, she has been in two more television shows, including one written esp. for her, and she is probably the most recognized. Maybe she is withdrawing permission, in order to distance herself?

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-05-06, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Trying to pretend Adrienne never existed? "
You are right about the arguably part. Yoanna host a TV show on the Style channel and I see Eva's pictures in magazines, she had a small part in some movie, and I have seen her presenting at awards shows. Adrienne's "success" is not associated with the modeling or fashion world. Plus, she sent Tyra a nasty email blaming her for the fact that her career didn't take off.

I think when all is said and done Adrienne won't be remembered as a ANTM winner but as the chick from VH1 who married Peter Brady. So you are probably right about the "distancing" herself part.

deweydrop 229 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-05-06, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail deweydrop Click to send private message to deweydrop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Trying to pretend Adrienne never existed? "
*sigh*

that's what happens when you marry a Brady.

heheheh

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-05-06, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Trying to pretend Adrienne never existed? "
I know she never had much love or respect for the show after it was done. In reality she did kind of get screwed. The agency that signed her really didn;'t want a thing to do with her. They sent her to Europe and told her to go try modelling over there. Well it easy to see that no one over there would of even known about the show or who she was. Why would they hire her? Her Revlon contract was for her to appear at conventions not print ads or commericals.

Then Tyra really got on her case for going on the Surreal life. I know A has posted on a blog she only did it as a last ditch effort to save her career and get some more exposure. She wrote that she lived in Rome for months after Top Model on her agency advice, got little to no work and resorted to stealing fruit off the trees aroudn her home to eat.

You know what, she got her few shows. Ihave actually seen her model now so good for her and I say cut your losses and move on.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-06-06, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Trying to pretend Adrienne never existed? "
Yeah, it's lame. If she struggled after the show and was honest about her experience, what's wrong with that? ANTM should be more supportive of their "winner".

reealiteefan 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-09-06, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail reealiteefan Click to send private message to reealiteefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Trying to pretend Adrienne never existed? "
To be fair, ANTM was in its first year when Adrienne won. Chances are the show and its after-effects were still being worked out through trial and error. I think now Tyra does stress that ANTM is a REALITY SHOW; it's not a modeling agency nor can it guarantee the winner will go to have a successful career with legitimate modeling agencies.

For one thing, I have always thought Tyra started ANTM choosing women who were doomed in the fashion industry for being too old (25 is old for a new model) or too short (5'7" is too short for all but truly exceptional women) or not bone thin.

Boettcha3 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-09-06, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Boettcha3 Click to send private message to Boettcha3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Trying to pretend Adrienne never existed? "
I never noticed that, but you make a good point. They never really show her or mention her during the epdisodes. She is still modeling and got pretty famous off of the show, so I dont think people are just going to forget she was ever on it.

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-10-06, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Trying to pretend Adrienne never existed? "
I think the distancing is on both parts, but I will say that she was very very entertaining on Surreal Life and My Fair Brady.

Sig by Cyg!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •