The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jade was planted..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

New2This 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-14-06, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail New2This Click to send private message to New2This Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jade was planted..."
Hey, I'm new to the whole message board thing,so I'm not sure if anybody has already said this, but I really think Jade was planted. I've seen her in a couple of music videos and a friend of mine has seen her in a magazine, so it appears as though she's already made it. She pretty much there for Tyra's ratings. Its sad because people really apply for this show thinking they're competing to win, when in actuality Tyra and Covergirl know exactly who they're picking from the get go..I keep telling myself I'm gonna stop watching and if Danielle doesn't win, I just might...

I see people are already talking about this too, but I had to add,why is Tyra being such a jerk about Danielle's accent? Isn't she the one always preaching about individuality and models having that "one thing they are famous for? No one made Tyra get a forehead reduction! so why should danielle change her gap and her accent??? Wow, this was very theraputic!! I feel much better now!!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jade was planted... Snidget 05-14-06 1
   RE: Jade was planted... New2This 05-14-06 2
       RE: Jade was planted... MsDeeVeeAns 05-14-06 3
 RE: Jade was planted... MsDeeVeeAns 05-14-06 4
   RE: Jade was planted... eire_heart74 05-15-06 5
       RE: Jade was planted... watcohc 05-24-06 8
 RE: Jade was planted... mrsd211 05-16-06 6
 RE: Jade was planted... xxlilsaint18xx 05-21-06 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-14-06, 07:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jade was planted..."
Given that Jade's story pre-show was that she has been a model for the last several year, just never getting a big break to make it into the big leagues I would assume people would see her in a few things. Getting a couple of jobs doesn't mean you've made it.

The show usually has a mix of experience levels, with some girls never having any and some girls who have been trying to get a break for awhile.

On the changing things, there has to be a balance between being yourself and being marketable. Is it that much different than saying your normal walking down the street walk isn't good enough for the catwalk and you have to work on walking like a model, change your posture so you stand like a model, etc?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

New2This 5 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-06, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail New2This Click to send private message to New2This Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jade was planted..."
This is true...but where can she draw the line? Danielle's already working on her accent and she's had the gap in her teeth closed, what's next? There has to be a point when being who you are is either good enough or its not. Changing unique things about yourself shouldn't be a requirement for becoming a top model. Heidi Klum is a top model and she has a strong German accent, Lauren Hutton was a famous model who was known for the gap in her teeth, I think the modeling industry should have enough room for everyone, minor "flaws" included.

MsDeeVeeAns 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-14-06, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsDeeVeeAns Click to send private message to MsDeeVeeAns Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jade was planted..."
well said new 2 this..I was thinking along the same lines....

MsDeeVeeAns 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-14-06, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsDeeVeeAns Click to send private message to MsDeeVeeAns Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jade was planted..."
Jade is controversial...controversy sells....

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-15-06, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jade was planted..."
>Jade is controversial...controversy sells....

Absolutely. No one would watch if they all got along like happy little friends.

I am disappointed by Tyra's insistance all the time that different is what makes you, you. But then every time she says it, you know that gal is a goner! She loves to stand up to the other judges over it and be very noble about it but then they are gone! It's hard to think she is really standing up for them when they never make it to the end!

I hate to say it though and maybe this is a sign of what the industry has done to my opinion, but Danielle's accent isn't going to get her signed to tv ads. You can sound southern as long as you sound like a gentile little flower that's had years of charm school. She doesn't.

watcohc 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-06, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail watcohc Click to send private message to watcohc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Jade was planted..."
I completely agree that Tyra was pissy about Danielle's accent.....Nemma's accent was loved by Tyra. I thought there was quite a bit of DIVA going on by Tyra this season....not attractive.
However this was the best season ever, thanks to Danielle. I hope she sky-rockets right to the top, internationally. On another thread someone called her "capitivating" and she was in all her pictures; while in real-time, she never got catty or mean to the others. Danielle is so approacable; so likeable; so stunning.
In the last two episodes, Joanie was *very* catty about Sara and Danielle. I think Sara should've been #2. As for Jade, did anyone else get turned off early by the way she talked about herself third-person? It creeped me out.

mrsd211 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-06, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrsd211 Click to send private message to mrsd211 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jade was planted..."
I agree! The whole accent thing is wrong! If Danielle had a European accent, nobody would say a word, in fact, they would probably love it. Two of the judges have accents, don't they? How can they tell one of the contestants to change their accent just because it's not trendy enough for them?!?!
I hope Jade doesn't win! She has been the #1 yuck for me since day one!! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK!

xxlilsaint18xx 7 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-06, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xxlilsaint18xx Click to send private message to xxlilsaint18xx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jade was planted..."
LMAO TRUE DAT BOO

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •