The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Adrianne responds to Reunion show *GOT TO READ THIS!*"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jazzzbaby 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-03-06, 03:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jazzzbaby Click to send private message to Jazzzbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Adrianne responds to Reunion show *GOT TO READ THIS!*"
Just got this from another source (Mattio351)

Adrianne responds to Reunion show
Adrianne just posted about her experience after ANTM

I have recieved quite a few e-mails regarding a press conference given on top model, and a Where Are They Now show that is about to air. I am not going to be on the Where Are They Now show. I was asked, but after careful thought, decided to turn it down. As you all know, there has been bad blood between myself and the show. I took the time to listen at this press conference interview that someone sent me a link to. I almost spit out my drink. When I went to africa I had almost no money. Under the promise of work, I spent some of my last change on a ticket. I had a blast, no doubt, and wouldnt trade the experience for anything in the world...but I was broke, in a third world country...hungry...and wondering if I'd ever be able to get home. After money was wired to me by my Mother and my Grandmother ( who really couldn't afford it) I had a few meals, and hopped on a plane back home. I was getting no work, no advice, and no help. A last ditch effort landed me in Italy, which again, I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. Truth is, for the better part of a year and a half, I was hardly able to keep a roof over my head. Italy was amazing, but after 3 months, I only got one job. Seemed they really liked the asian girls and the blondes that season. I was devestated, I flew back home to NYC to find out from my agency that they never liked top model, and didnt think I'd ever make it! I also found out that rent was due, and I didnt have it. My Mother drove from Joliet, IL all the way to Manhattan to pick me and my belongings up at my place. I drove back to Joliet with my tail between my legs, crying on my mothers sholder. I was supposed to help my family! I was supposed to make things better! Not have them spend their last coins on me to survive! It was all wrong. This was not what I was told would happen. I was young and foolish.. For months I had no work, and no means to get where there was work. Then I recieved a call, the surreal life was looking for someone. Well, there I was...a washed up never was, being offered a spot with a bunch of washed up once were's! I interviewed, and got the job! I was so happy!!! My first job in 6 months! I wanted to go out with a bang...so I took it. It was then that I heard that "certain people" started making judgments on my choice. Hell, what could I lose at this point? Tyra Banks even publicly bashed my decision a bit, but justified it by saying that I was at least going to live with Marcus. Well, we all know the rest of the story. I fell in love with Chrissy...Here I thought that I would give it a go after the surreal life, and just see what I could do...and I have done well! I owe it to my man, and the manager he set me up with, for giving me constant advice and truly caring about me. Since new managment, and people who gave me real advice I have landed guest star roles, a show on gsn, countless hosting jobs, got 4 campaigns!! I also landed on the pages of Maxim, and their hot 100 list! Not even a year later..I am on the cover of Playboy, wrapping another show, working on two indy films, working on a product line, and the list goes on!! To boil it down, it is all these reasons that I decided not to do the reunion. I cannot parade in front of the people who would say that by me chosing this road...I brushed past the REAL work in high fashion modeing. I worked my ##### off! I climbed trees for fruit to eat at times when I was hungry in other countries! I tried till I cried for almost 2 years straight! But I guess this is considered easy. I have worked hard for what I have, in fact, I have clawed my way from rock bottom, to the top...to rock bottom again...and back to the top. Only now I have more going for me then I ever did at my first peak. What hurts us only makes us stronger. I could lose everything I have and not care, as long as I have a job, my family, and christopher by my side. This show brought me to where I am no doubt....but it only started whispers of my name. I have done the rest...with out anyones help. And THAT is something to be proud of! I am sorry, but after 50 letters all asking the same thing, I figured I would get it out. My road to celebrity was in no way "easy". I did not recieve any guidance from 5 months after I won to now. Being a celebrity and doing television, hosting, reality, movies, tv shows, is NOT easy! I wish I could just get the props I deserve sometimes..That I at least did something with myself, when there was just about no hope left. Those nearest and dearest to me do, and that is what matters. I'm not bitter, I am over it! Happy, Healthy, and want to move forward. Steven Tyler said it best..."Life's a journey, not a destination...And there's just no telling what Tomorrow brings!" And now? Time to catch up on my tivo...boston legal awaits!

This was in her blog on her Myspace

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion sh... CattyChat 03-03-06 1
   RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion sh... 5amson 03-13-06 9
 RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion sh... Angelfood 03-03-06 2
 RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion sh... eire_heart74 03-10-06 3
   RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion sh... MasterShake 03-12-06 4
 RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion sh... Cenetrajohnson 03-12-06 5
 RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion sh... LIVEURBESTLIFE 03-12-06 6
   RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion sh... eire_heart74 03-13-06 7
 RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion sh... Kelly_Smith 03-13-06 8
 RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion sh... male_supa_model 05-11-06 10
   RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion sh... reealiteefan 05-19-06 17
 RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion sh... scota 05-11-06 11
 RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion sh... capcomguy 05-11-06 12
   WARNING - capcomguy Bebo 05-11-06 13
       RE: WARNING - capcomguy ANTMGirl4Life 05-11-06 14
       RE: WARNING - capcomguy capcomguy 05-12-06 15
 RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion sh... Biffster 05-18-06 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-03-06, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion show *GOT TO READ THIS!*"
Thanks for the post. I was wondering why she wasn't on the reunion show. Good for her & now I understand why she did Surreal Life and took the road she did.

Shame on ANTM & Tyra -- since they were the ones who chose Adrienne as the "next big thing" they should have helped her & promoted her better -- (I liked her, but never thought she was "Top Model" caliber).

I'm glad she didn't go on the show, because it would have been hypocritical if she did. It seems as though ANTM played only a tiny part in her success -- after all, VH-1 wouldn't have called her if not for her exposure, but she deserves most of the credit for getting the right manager & marketing herself in the way that works best for her "look" and personality.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

5amson 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-13-06, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 5amson Click to send private message to 5amson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion show *GOT TO READ THIS!*"
i can totaly relate to adrianne and wish her all the best. i am from the uk and i won a compertition called mr gay uk (miss uk but for men)it was broad cast live on tv and was voted by the public and the winner was promised alsorts of different high life and glamourous things , and when i was picked as the winner they were more concerned about the next lot of contestants. i.e (the vunerable one's that will do anything for practicaly nothing to get the chance of having the taste of celebrity life). i was left to deal with every thing i new nobody and had no idea what to do. it was so hard for me to get work i thad no money and nearly had my house taken away from me. the thing is with these sort of shows is all about making money and ripping people off.

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-03-06, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion show *GOT TO READ THIS!*"
Thanks so much for that. That was pretty surprising - I was wondering why we hadn't seen her much before SLife.

Was she the first winner? Didn't they change the prize to be a more secure modeling contract? Maybe they learned from their sad mistakes.

I don't even know about that whole Africa shoot.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-10-06, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion show *GOT TO READ THIS!*"
I always wondered why you never saw her on any show after that season. She never has commented on it until now. I can't believe that Tyra gave her hassle for doing the surreal life. What the hell? The girl needed to work. That's terrible that they just left her out there to dry.

It seems like all the previous winners seem to have more of a career after it. Esp Eva, I see her cover girl ad alot. I guess she got the shaft on the prizes since she was first.

Well she found her "true love" and more chancces to be on TV. Good for her I say.

MasterShake 6 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-06, 06:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MasterShake Click to send private message to MasterShake Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion show *GOT TO READ THIS!*"
>I always wondered why you never
>saw her on any show
>after that season.
>She never has commented on
>it until now.
>I can't believe that Tyra
>gave her hassle for doing
>the surreal life. What
>the hell? The girl
>needed to work.
>That's terrible that they just
>left her out there to
>dry.
>
>It seems like all the previous
>winners seem to have more
>of a career after it.
> Esp Eva, I
>see her cover girl ad
>alot. I guess she
>got the shaft on the
>prizes since she was first.
>
>
>Well she found her "true love"
>and more chancces to be
>on TV. Good
>for her I say.

I'm torn on Adrienne for the most part but she is proof positive of why one would have to be crazy to want Tyra Banks as their mentor.

I thought Elyse was the better of the two and looked like someone who had a real future as a model. The problem was that she wasn't trashy in any way, shape or form and hense couldn't get buried as a drugcase or a diva so easily. Adrienne won because Tyra didn't want someone who had real potential to potentially steal her thunder. Simple as that.

The weirdest thing about this is that in the first few episodes of the original ANTM, Tyra claimed that the winner would have a contract with her parent agency. WTF happened to that??? There have been WAY too many inconsistancies in terms of what the winners actually get on this show. I guess it absolves Tyra and company of any legal liability when the girl is buried and disappears immediately afterwards.

As for Tyra being upset about Adrienne being on The Surreal Life, that is just pathetic. When you kick someone to the curb you lose the right to judge what they do next. Adrienne has shown that she has very little class but Tyra Banks and Janice Dickinson can both make the same claim. Unfortunately, this is how you get famous and stay that way these days and all's fair when in persuit of your 15 minutes. Tyra of all people should know that more than anyone else.

As weird as it sounds, Adrienne is still the only person other than Tyra and Janice that ANYONE remembers from this show over the last 3-4 years. That has to count for something.

Cenetrajohnson 4 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-06, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cenetrajohnson Click to send private message to Cenetrajohnson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion show *GOT TO READ THIS!*"
I believe everything Adrianne say, Tyra a is a cheap self center fake #####. My best friend did her show and they never paid her a dime they promise her all this money and never paid her when she got to LA. Then Tyra set ( Shelley) up and told her it was a follow up show and they wanted to see how she was doing........... My friend get out there to LA and Tyra for drama or ratings what ever was in her mind. Hire this girl ( Lammy) or something like that and paid Lammy $500.00 to say that my friend (Shelley) and her was friends. Shelley did a summer program with the girl along with fifty other students and has never spoken to this girl ever in her life, she does not even remember this girl being in the program with her. The girl gets on national TV and said how her and Shelley was such good friends and she was bully by my friend. I know for sure this girl Lammy is lying because Shelley don't talk to dark skin people i told my friend she needs to sue Tyra that was wrong.

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-12-06, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion show *GOT TO READ THIS!*"
I saw Tyra on a talk show where she admitted that Adrienne didn't get any help in her "career".

She said that since the show was in it's first season they didn't really know how to handle the winner so they suggested Adrienne go overseas for work. She said that they didn't realize that by sending Adrienne overseas they were missing all kinds of opportunites in the US. They learned from their mistakes and that is why later winners have more of a career and are seen more often than Adrienne.

I commend Tyra for stepping up and admitting that Adrienne did get a bum deal.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-13-06, 07:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion show *GOT TO READ THIS!*"
>I commend Tyra for stepping up
>and admitting that Adrienne did
>get a bum deal.

It's good that she admits it but she should do something on her show to explain that. Maybe even try to make amends by doing something with the girls and a photo shoot.

I would say why not a Cover Girl ad but I don't think she has that commerical look. I think that they are now more aiming for a commerical look than that first season.

Kelly_Smith 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-13-06, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kelly_Smith Click to send private message to Kelly_Smith Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion show *GOT TO READ THIS!*"
I don't have any trouble believing what Adrianne says. How sad though. Can you imagine what it felt like for her to win? All these promises and dreams and then you are out on the streets. That musta really sucked. I'm sure ANTM didn't know what to do with the winner, but they could have at least tried!!! Sounds like they wanted to get rid of her as soon as they could.

I never met Tyra or know anyone who knows her so I'm not going to comment on her personality or how she does her business. I like the show but I take everything with a grain of salt since most if it is edited to portray people a certain way or to make the audience believe something that isn't there. But it's TV, why would anyone be surprised by this??

male_supa_model 6 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail male_supa_model Click to send private message to male_supa_model Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion show *GOT TO READ THIS!*"
look I'm a model and work alot with big time jobs and with a major agency but Adrienne had unrealistic dreams. Any and all models when they sign with an agency don't automatically get work. You still have to beat the pavement and work your as* off. This isn't Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory. So Adrienne and you people who agree cuz you don't know shi* get over yourselves. I hope Adrienne becomes a nobody with nothing again and I hope Chris breaks her heart and leaves her dumb as*.

reealiteefan 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-19-06, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail reealiteefan Click to send private message to reealiteefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion show *GOT TO READ THIS!*"
I think we forget Top Model is first and foremost a reality show that plays on the delusions of some attractive girls who desperately want to model. Top Model is not an agency, despite what Tyra promises, she probably has no real clout with those agencies. I bet contestants now sign waivers which stipulate that winning the show will not guarantee any work after the cameras stop rolling. Besides, the women the show uses have the strikes against them of being too old, or too short, or too ethnic (sorry, but it's true) or just too plus sized for the industry. One article critiquing Top Model said it's also a strike against the show that all the girls are American. Right now the industry seems to favor Brazilians or Russians or something other than the homegrown variety.

scota 6 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 04:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail scota Click to send private message to scota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion show *GOT TO READ THIS!*"
Interesting stuff..... I wasn't aware that any of this had taken place. I haven't actually seen any of the "Top Models" since their wins except on ANTM.
I never really thought of Adrienne as a "Top Model" meaning I didn't foresee that she would really become a model like Tyra or Christy Brinkley. Her manner of speaking was a little too "street". She didn't sound very bright (not to say she isn't just that she didn't sound that way). When I saw her on The Surreal Life I thought she was funny and sweet sometimes. I was pleased she brought Christopher Knight around .... they make a cute couple. I'm glad to hear she's doing well....perhaps this is the way it was meant to work out. Adrienne seems more suited to what she is doing now and I think she would be great for Playboy and Maxim she has the personality for that. She would be a great Sports Illustrated model too, although I'm pretty sure that opportunity went out the window after the Playboy deal. In any event, sounds like she is happy and that her trials perhaps improved the way ANTM handles the winners career.

capcomguy 38 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 05:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail capcomguy Click to send private message to capcomguy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion show *GOT TO READ THIS!*"
Okay everybody. We can state our opinions but do we really have to be so nasty? Some people are saying nasty things about Adrienne and some people are saying nasty things about Tyra. Why?

I agree with the person who said this is TV and you have to set your expectations about things whether its prizes, editing, etc.

If Tyra made a rebuttal to Adrienne's statement would we all then agree with Tyra and start talking nonsense about Adrienne?

I respect your opinions. I don't think that Adrienne was the best choice either, however, she won - five cycles ago. Furthermore, the show has grown, the prizes have grown, and the women damn sure know how to walk better and take better pictures. So overall ANTM is growing and somebody is learning something.

I also agree with the person who says that just because you are signed with an agency doesnt mean you will immediately get work. You have to work your butt off. Isn't that what "go-sees" are about?

Could Tyra do more? Probably? I believe that they didnt know exactly what to do with the end result of the show. Again, they lived, they learned, they grew.

I unlike others wish Adrienne all the success in the world in her career and her relationship. I wish Tyra further success with the show. And I wish all of the other contestants success in modeling or whatever career paths they choose beyond modeling.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-11-06, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "WARNING - capcomguy "
do we really have to be so nasty?

Our guidelines allow posters to make both positive and negative comments about reality shows and their participants. What we do not permit is posters criticizing other posters for expressing their opinion.

ANTMGirl4Life 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-11-06, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ANTMGirl4Life Click to send private message to ANTMGirl4Life Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: WARNING - capcomguy "
I am honestly still perplexed as to how she even won. She is not cute and not a Top Model. Her 15 minutes have been up.

capcomguy 38 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail capcomguy Click to send private message to capcomguy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: WARNING - capcomguy "
Being that I cant express myself BEBO, please shut my account down or let me know what I need to do to shut it down. Last check will be tomorrow to see if you have replied with what I need to do. And trust me, all you need to do is to let me know, not to explain yourself any further.

Biffster 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-18-06, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Biffster Click to send private message to Biffster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Adrianne responds to Reunion show *GOT TO READ THIS!*"
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/429d145f_13c1b/bc/My+Documents/for+real.bmp?bfHiRnCB5UBnivLr

You know, I loved Adrienne. Ok, she was a mess. But she was a pretty mess, and she didn't seem to expect much of anything, so I thought, if she got it, she'd run with it.

I guess I was wrong. Instead, she sat on her butt and expected everyone to make decisions for her. Just tell her where to go and then where to pick up her check. Fortunately, she's found an old lech (is it twice her age?) who's prepared to to play daddy for her.

Well, bless them both. They're gonna need it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •