The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Embarrassed to live in Canada"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

MsDeeVeeAns 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-28-06, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MsDeeVeeAns Click to send private message to MsDeeVeeAns Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Embarrassed to live in Canada"
LAST EDITED ON 05-28-06 AT 08:45 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-28-06 AT 08:44 AM (EST)

I am not Canadian so want to say that up front but I live here and so embarrassed by our lack of originality.First you guys had the AMERICAN IDOL, now we have CANADIAN IDOL.. then you guys have AMERICA"S NEXT TOP MODEL...guess what....guess again......you guessed it...we NOW starting June I believe will air Canada's Next Top Model.....GROW A DANG BACKBONE CANADA and get your own material....they say mimicking is a form of flattery, I think it is a sign of weakness.
I was totally unaware we have a top model let alone looking for the next one and guess who is on it...guess again....JAY!!! LOLOL

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada CanCricket 05-28-06 1
   RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada MsDeeVeeAns 05-30-06 5
 RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada Snidget 05-28-06 2
   RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada prosecutor 05-28-06 3
 RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada trigirl 05-30-06 4
 RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada 2Centz 05-31-06 6
   RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada MsDeeVeeAns 05-31-06 7
 RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada Canada Girl 05-31-06 8
   RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada MsDeeVeeAns 06-01-06 9
       RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada Canada Girl 06-01-06 10
       RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada prosecutor 06-01-06 11
           RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada MsDeeVeeAns 06-01-06 12
               RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada Canada Girl 06-02-06 13
                   RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada MsDeeVeeAns 06-05-06 15
 RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada AshLanie 06-04-06 14
   RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada MsDeeVeeAns 06-05-06 16
       RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada AshLanie 06-08-06 17
           RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada MsDeeVeeAns 06-09-06 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CanCricket 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-28-06, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CanCricket Click to send private message to CanCricket Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada"
I think there's a lot of original and really good Canadian programming out there if you try and look for it. Better than all this humourless American trash. 'Top Model' has been used all over the world, not just in the US and Canada. And some American reality shows have been taken from ideas from other countries. It's all swings and roundabouts.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-30-06, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsDeeVeeAns Click to send private message to MsDeeVeeAns Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada"
Thanks for your replies.....I did not know USA stole it from England ..for shame LOL...I do apprecaite that shows and styles etc do get' borrowed' but does it have to be so obvious....Canada has been accused of being American wannabees and I think doing this is just that. Where I get confused and a bit tongue and cheek...do you remember when Jay was a bit...bored...with Sara copying Joanie on the elephant...well.well.well..

Jay is the one who said it is not a good thing to do but Tyra said that if you copy another's style then make sure you are better ...opppsss...does this mean Jay will be better at CNTM than ANTM????? heheheh

I do hear you but still wish Canada would do even one thing that is orginal other than our stars that we lose to the USA anyway! Though we do have serious athletes here !

Tri- I hear you on the two languages and I do see a need for both as official langauges based on CDN history like 200 hundred years ago..WAKE UP CANADA we are a melting mosiac of more than two languages!

African American to me is so ridiculous....as it then begs for others to follow suit....African Canada is as ridiculous too I agree...it gets more pathetic when peeps assume all blacks are from Africa...ooopppsss.....there comes a time when one should put the rhetoric back on the shelf...and as a bi-racial woman I despise being called anything but my name....

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-28-06, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada"
America got Idol from England, so we weren't who started that.

All countries take programming that does well somewhere else and adapt it.

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-28-06, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada"
and African American and Canada saying African Canadian hahaha.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-30-06, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada"
Oh I am so with you. I mean even our national languages English and French. Oh how original is that, copying languages spoken by other countries?

Don't worry about ANTM. Mr. Jay has a big presence which means it is probably produced by Bankable productions....Tyra won't be losing any money.

2Centz 150 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-06, 02:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 2Centz Click to send private message to 2Centz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada"

I just returned from a weekend in Canada and had the opportunity to see "Project Catwalk" (the English version, hosted by Elizabeth Hurley) and let me tell you, I'm bummed we don't get it here, 'cause I think it's better in many ways.

One major difference is that Hurley actually has an opinion, and SPEAKS, whereas the dim bulb model/hostess (Heidi Klum) we have on "Project Runway" barely has anything worthwhile to say.

I wish we had more access to the foreign shows. If one's better than the other, it hardly matters which came first...

05-31-06, 11:56 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada"
Truedat...25 cents...there are things unique to each place and culture .I guess I would rather see those enhanced and creatvity stem from those orginal ideas than for this very obvious copycatting.I know that is shoe bidness.....but just getting tired of it back to back to back....glad you enjoyed your time and I know alot of Americans I speak with love Canada as they do see it for its uniquness......so..I guess that will have to do... but seriously.....based on Jay and Tyra's words if copying do better....mmmmmmm ;)))

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-31-06, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada"
Honey, if you are living in Canada, you know why we don't have better programming, right? - we don't have the cash for the projects or the advertising dollars to back them.

However, that being said, Canadians support Canadian versions of things with a vengence - example Canadian Idol. So why not a Canada's Next Top Model?

Also, some of the hottest young models right now, guess what - Canadian! The hot model dating Anthony from the Red Hot Chili Peppers... Canadian. Multitudes of past supermodels... yup, Canadian.

Canadian programming can definetly be embarrasing - but so can any country. It can also be good...

06-01-06, 07:41 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada"
CG,I understand what you are saying, generally. My original point was that CDN is making it so obvious that it is incapable of original thought and /or creativity.

You are so right and it is shameful that we lose so many talents in many areas, as I mentioned earlier, to other countries and we should be ashamed that we have such little value in our our natural resources. I think that is slowly chnaging.

It is just way too obvious how CDN took CIdol then CNTM...with Jay no less which I find hilarious- we could not even find out own Jay???? LOL.....being it is a contradiction on his own words to Sara and Tyra set him up to be better than their own...just pointing out the internal contradictions, I guess one's philosopshies in this bidness are prostitutable when money is the language!!! )))

Jim Carrey, Pam Anderson, Mike Myers etc........how many others have we lost to USA, they become USA icons ??? ( they can have Pam LOL )

06-01-06, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada"
I shudder to think who they would have chosen as the Canadian Jay...

Hmmmm, now I'm actually thinking about it...
Sean from Much Music VJ search?
Elton John's husband (he's canadian, right?)

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-01-06, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada"

>
>
...with Jay no less which
>I find hilarious- we could
>not even find out own
>Jay???? LOL.....being it is
>a contradiction on his own
>words to Sara and Tyra
> set him up to
>be better than their own...just
>pointing out the internal contradictions,
>I guess one's philosopshies in
>this bidness are prostitutable when
>money is the language!!! )))
>
>
>Jim Carrey, Pam Anderson, Mike Myers
>etc........how many others have we
>lost to USA, they become
>USA icons ??? (
>they can have Pam
>LOL )

for the record Jay is Canadian.

06-01-06, 11:04 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada"
P, I didnot know that...well shame on him for defecting then LOL...so he like others went South for fame and fortune....so Jay became an icon in USA now to return and remain an icon in Canada?

Good question CG...who would they have picked if the didnot have Jay....hey they could have had a new show! Looking for Jay the Canadian Way could have been the title and people from all over could have auditions to be Jay!!!! I think we found it Canada! Your new orginal Thought!;))

06-02-06, 11:37 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada"
That would be a GREAT show! Hilarious too. Let's sell it, MsDee!

06-05-06, 07:30 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada"
lets do CG! LOL

Now we can be both the judge and we will pick only those who are not as pretty or intelligent as us and I really think every week we should have a commoner be the extra judge yanno, get a voice from the street. That way we have a diverse panel of judges....hilarious is right! hehehe

Looking for Jay the Canadian Way!;))

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-04-06, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada"
>LAST EDITED ON 05-28-06
>AT 08:45 AM (EST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON 05-28-06
>AT 08:44 AM (EST)

>
>I am not Canadian so want
>to say that up front
>but I live here and
>so embarrassed by our lack
>of originality.First you guys had
>the AMERICAN IDOL, now we
>have CANADIAN IDOL.. then you
>guys have AMERICA"S NEXT TOP
>MODEL...guess what....guess again......you guessed it...we
>NOW starting June I believe
>will air Canada's Next Top
>Model.....GROW A DANG BACKBONE CANADA
>and get your own material....they
>say mimicking is a form
>of flattery, I think it
>is a sign of weakness.
>
>I was totally unaware we have
>a top model let alone
>looking for the next one
>and guess who is on
>it...guess again....JAY!!! LOLOL

Ummmm the Idol series was originated and produced in Europe by Cowell and brought here (Here being the U.S.) by him.

Considering most U.S. reality shows are for U.S. citizens it would only be nice that other countries are producing these types of shows to give their own citizens a break into show business.

I say bring on these new stars from other countries!

Variety is the spice of life..........

06-05-06, 07:33 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada"
AL...I realize shows can originate elswhere but it really didnot get that popular until it hit USA. I am British so I know what is over there and what is over here. I agree diversity is the spice of life ( as long as your name ain't Jade or more like JADED)..just wish once and awhile we were the new in flavour first LOL

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-08-06, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada"
>AL...I realize shows can originate elswhere
>but it really didnot get
>that popular until it hit
>USA. I am British so
>I know what is over
>there and what is over
>here. I agree diversity is
>the spice of life (
>as long as your name
>ain't Jade or more like
>JADED)..just wish once and awhile
>we were the new in
>flavour first LOL

Nods about the popularity but wonder what that says about the americans viewers? Are we (americans) so quick to popularize a show whereas other country viewers are a tab bit more cautious to jump on the bandwagon? Are americans so bored they will watch anything?

I am an american and do find myself watching a show and or series of shows and then wonder why I did after the fact.

I think another reason these shows become popular is most times other countries get to view them whereas, for the most part, Americans do not get to see shows from other countries.

You didn't like Jade? Say it isn't so! eheheheheheh

Keep cool, going to be a long and hot summer

06-09-06, 08:40 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Embarrassed to live in Canada"
Great questions and great answers AL I think you are right.!

Long hot summer? where do you live! I am in NovaScotia Canada and we are having record breaking colds and rains.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •