The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"America's Next Top Model Winner 5/17/06"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

jf21 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-17-06, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jf21 Click to send private message to jf21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"America's Next Top Model Winner 5/17/06"
I cannot believe Joani didn't win...I liked Danielle too, but Joani consistantly did better than her each week. Joani can handle challenges better...she's low maintenance and remains calm (& doesn't get rushed to the hospital for dehydration, doesn't sprain her ankle), she can walk in high heels w/o falling all over the place, her look changes with every picture, she's the most creative (remember her idea with posing different from everyone else on the elephant?), and she did much better in a much shorter time with the last commerical tonite than Danielle, etc. They are both very beautiful women with great personalities but Danielle has some things to work on especially her speach and Joani doesn't have anything to work on and has never been in the bottom two! Just my opinion!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: America's Next Top Model Winner... flower2 05-17-06 1
   RE: America's Next Top Model Winner... dml3553 05-18-06 11
 RE: America's Next Top Model Winner... BRE_IS AWINNER 05-18-06 2
 RE: America's Next Top Model Winner... capcomguy 05-18-06 3
 RE: America's Next Top Model Winner... nazpink 05-18-06 4
   RE: America's Next Top Model Winner... pumpkinqueen 05-19-06 16
 RE: America's Next Top Model Winner... Woo 05-18-06 5
 RE: America's Next Top Model Winner... eire_heart74 05-18-06 6
 RE: America's Next Top Model Winner... Lisapooh 05-18-06 7
   RE: America's Next Top Model Winner... Sagebrush Dan 05-18-06 14
 RE: America's Next Top Model Winner... Saheli 05-18-06 8
   RE: America's Next Top Model Winner... ANTMGirl4Life 05-18-06 9
 RE: America's Next Top Model Winner... leenga 05-18-06 10
   RE: America's Next Top Model Winner... dml3553 05-18-06 12
   RE: America's Next Top Model Winner... flower2 05-18-06 13
 RE: America's Next Top Model Winner... firehousegirl 05-19-06 15
   RE: America's Next Top Model Winner... only1lala 05-20-06 17
 RE: America's Next Top Model Winner... xxlilsaint18xx 05-21-06 18
 RE: America's Next Top Model Winner... MsDeeVeeAns 05-28-06 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

flower2 171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-17-06, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flower2 Click to send private message to flower2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: America's Next Top Model Winner 5/17/06"
Hi jf21!

These were my top 2 from the beginning. I love 'em both. I do think they picked the right girl. Joanie accomplished a lot but I believe Danielle was far more resilient. She adapted to whatever environment she was thrust into--all with dehydration, a sprained ankle, a gap in her mouth and the Southern twang that Tyra commmented on so much. Danielle did all of this without ever complaining. She took her photos with poise and delivered on every task that was given her.

With regard to Joanie, she fell in her heels as well and was constantly posing in the same manner time after time. She rocked though, on that elephant.

I'm sure they'll both be successful.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dml3553 7 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dml3553 Click to send private message to dml3553 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: America's Next Top Model Winner 5/17/06"
Joanie was awkward and trying too hard to do nothing. You would think with her new teeth she would be better, but instead she used it as a tool to be a mess up.

BRE_IS AWINNER 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-18-06, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BRE_IS%20AWINNER Click to send private message to BRE_IS%20AWINNER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: America's Next Top Model Winner 5/17/06"
i disagree with you when you say joani has nothing to work on. what she needs to work on is her mouth. she still has it trained to cover the snaggle tooth and that is irritating and unatractive, and she hardly looked like a model in person. I mean she looked great in pictures but in person. I DONT THINK SO

capcomguy 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-18-06, 05:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail capcomguy Click to send private message to capcomguy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: America's Next Top Model Winner 5/17/06"
Joanie didnt consistently do better than Danielle every week. Personally, Danielle's singer, bald, magazine and falling photos were better. Danielle was resilient and you cant blame Danielle for getting food poisoning and dehydration......Joanie needs to work on not locking her mouth up all the time. That is a big thing....Danielle had more trials to get through and she weathered each storm.... Despite that I thought that Joanie was off the hook fabulous (didnt like how the had her fixed up in the runway show though) and she should have won. ...Although its hard not to be happy for a woman with such a wonderful spirit.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-18-06, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: America's Next Top Model Winner 5/17/06"
Honestly, I thought the top three on this season was the strongest they've had. All three did an excellent job at taking strong photos. I also think that the final two did not make it easy for the judges to pick a winner which was great!

As for the commercial, well I didn't think any of the three really exceled in this area. I also found it hard to believe that these would actually be used for their real Cover Girl commercial. I would be quite surprised if they don't have Danielle do hers over. Speaking of Danielle, I felt for her. She really did try hard on her commercial and I thought that she spoke more clearly than she usually does, her only big downfall was her noticable nerves. Jade really screwed up and clearly did not memorize her lines, bad bad mistake to make, especially this far into the competition. Joanie was bland. I've seen better commercials done in the past, but hey at least they could really take pictures!

It was obvious, at least for me, that Jade was going to go. The editing was clearly foreshadowing it. Did Jade deserve to go? Based on her pictures, absolutely not. Based on Jade's lack of being quiet and taking constructive critisism, yes. Jade does live in her own universe and I think she's quite oblivious to how she comes off at times. Confidence a great plus but she needs to learn when she's overstepping it. Otherwise, she took great pics and has the potential to become a model.

Overall, I am happy with who won, either way I would have been. I do think that Danielle looks more like a model in person. I have been noticing that from a distant shot of Joanie she looks really nice but up close it's not well as nice. I'm not saying she's an ugly girl because she isn't, I think alot of it has to do with tightening up the mouth. I'm just glad that this was a hard decision for the judges because they both would have made great winners.

pumpkinqueen 220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-19-06, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pumpkinqueen Click to send private message to pumpkinqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: America's Next Top Model Winner 5/17/06"
As for the commercial, well I didn't think any of the three really exceled in this area. I also found it hard to believe that these would actually be used for their real Cover Girl commercial. I would be quite surprised if they don't have Danielle do hers over. Speaking of Danielle, I felt for her. She really did try hard on her commercial and I thought that she spoke more clearly than she usually does, her only big downfall was her noticable nerves.

i agree with everything you said, especially the quote above. it would be really hard to change the way you speak without more time and some guidance. i think Danielle was nervous because she didn't know how to pronounce some of the words, and she didn't really have anyone to tell her whether she was saying things "right." personally, i didn't think her accent was a big deal, but a voice coach could whip it into shape in a matter of days.

Woo 87 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Woo Click to send private message to Woo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: America's Next Top Model Winner 5/17/06"
I have to disagree with you. I believe they picked the right model. I was so happy that my top 2 made it to the finals. Danielle and Joanie are great models. Danielle is the best model in my opinion. She knows her best angles and takes direction very well. She was the right one for Cover Girl, this season.

Best believe that Joanie is going to go far in this business. That I'm sure of. She'll be signed to an agency and working non-stop. Just because she didn't win this competition it doesn't mean that her career won't take off.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-18-06, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: America's Next Top Model Winner 5/17/06"
Tyra was down on her with her accent that I thought Joanie was a shoe in. I was really surprised.

I have a feeling Joanie will get work though no problem. She's just stunning.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-18-06, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: America's Next Top Model Winner 5/17/06"
I really liked them both. Wish thery could have been co-winners. I really appreciate how supportive they were toward each other too. Two beautiful girls inside and out. No losers here.

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-18-06, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: America's Next Top Model Winner 5/17/06"
You'll get no arguements out of me on that one.

I loved Joanie's second look in the fashion show. I thought she had it nailed for sure. She looked stunning.

CASH Secretary of Hospitality

Handcrafted by RollDdice

"I'm sorry"...."It's okay." --Jack and Ennis at it again

Saheli 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Saheli Click to send private message to Saheli Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: America's Next Top Model Winner 5/17/06"
I knew from the beginning that Daniel would win. She never took a bad photo, she took direction extremely well, and no matter what was going on she always stepped up to the plate a brought her A-game.

And let's face it: Danielle has a killer walk!

Joanie did really well and I think she deserved to be in the top two, but she still lacked a certain model quality. On the runway in the final fashion show, you could see the lack of confidence in her face and her walk was not good at all. I still think she will go far but she definitely needs to work on not hiding her teeth and she needs more runway training.

This was the best and toughest final 3 so far but I knew Jade wouldnt' make it to the final 2 because of her attitude and her refusal to follow directions.

I think that Danielle was very deserving of winning the title. You gotta give it to her, the girl is bad-#####.

I'm still disappointed from last year though. There's no way Nicole should have won. It should have been Nik all the way. I knew Tyra couldn'g get over Danielle's accent, but Tyra redeemed herself from last years lousy choice and picked the right girl to go-round.

Danielle deseved it, hands-down!

ANTMGirl4Life 57 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ANTMGirl4Life Click to send private message to ANTMGirl4Life Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: America's Next Top Model Winner 5/17/06"
Ummm Joanie definitely has things to work on: Walking the runway without looking down, her teeth are fixed but now she talks with a little lisp. I thought out of all the Covergirl photos hers was the weakest. Jade's photo was flawless AGAIN and Danielle was just CAPTIVATING. My mouth literally dropped open when they first showed her picture. It was divine. If Jade would have kept her mouth shut she might would have stayed, but hey, that's Jade. I agree with Miss Jay in that Danielle looks more like a model in person. She reminds me of a younger Beverly Johnson. I'm happy for her.

leenga 34 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leenga Click to send private message to leenga Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: America's Next Top Model Winner 5/17/06"
don't get me wrong, i like Danielle too. Her and Joanie were my favorites.

but

How could Joanie not win she was the first ANTM Contestant never to be in the bottom 2 and the ANTM Contestant with highest number of first call-outs at 5.

dml3553 7 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dml3553 Click to send private message to dml3553 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: America's Next Top Model Winner 5/17/06"
Because she was never in the bottom 2 further let'sme know the judges were not to concerned about her

flower2 171 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flower2 Click to send private message to flower2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: America's Next Top Model Winner 5/17/06"
While it's true that Joanie never landed in the bottom 2, Danielle only made it there once. This competition is about who is most marketable. Unfortunately even with the new teeth, Joanie still can't talk or smile. She can't walk like a model and is about as exciting in person as watching paint dry. Danielle will make Cover Girl more money and will definitely get runway work based on her height (5'11), walk and attitude/presence in person. Joanie has no personality. However, because she's beautiful, she'll get work. I just don't agree that she should have won. This time, Tyra got it right. (Or should I say, Cover Girl did?)

firehousegirl 36 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-06, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail firehousegirl Click to send private message to firehousegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: America's Next Top Model Winner 5/17/06"
I think the right one was chosen. Danielle did an excellent job even when she was really sick. That speaks for itself. Joanie just didn't get it. She didn't have that ray about her as did Danielle. I love that southern drawl and so does COVER GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Go DANIELLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'll see you on the tube.

only1lala 3 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-06, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail only1lala Click to send private message to only1lala Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: America's Next Top Model Winner 5/17/06"
They were both great - great personalities and beautiful photos. Both listened to the judges and took directions (unlike you-know-who). The judges said the final two had never been so close. Joanie's already been on a little VH1 spot - I'm sure we'll so more of both of them. Also any modeling scouts who watched it would see how both of them took direction and constructive critism. And how Joanie embraced Danielle at the end and said, "Conquer it!" That was great!

xxlilsaint18xx 7 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-06, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xxlilsaint18xx Click to send private message to xxlilsaint18xx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: America's Next Top Model Winner 5/17/06"
i think the reason danielle one is because a.) she def. has the covergirl look unlike joanie or b.) She takes beautiful photos no matter what the conditions and c.) its obvious that she wants this so much more than joanie..joanie just seems like she stumbled upon this..throughout the whole show it jsut seemed like modeling was just one of those things that came to her..but not one of the things shes willing to work for to get better at..
thats just me ..just my opinion

MsDeeVeeAns 112 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-06, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MsDeeVeeAns Click to send private message to MsDeeVeeAns Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: America's Next Top Model Winner 5/17/06"
LAST EDITED ON 05-28-06 AT 08:31 AM (EST)

YOU clearly were watching a different show.

Joanie did not wow me.But I agree with some of the others: she did follow her role well.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •