The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Big deal about the TEETH!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

flower2 171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-19-06, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flower2 Click to send private message to flower2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Big deal about the TEETH!!!"
It was great to see ANTM actually give the girls something positive to look back on in the event that they don't win. The makeovers were good if they liked them but everyone benefitted from the teeth whitening.

What was the deal with insisting that Danielle have her gap corrected? I'm sure I've seen models with gaps in their teeth. She went out on limb and initially said she wanted to keep it and work it. They can do photo editing any other time and if a company wanted a model with a gap (say for dental floss or toothpaste) they couldn't use Danielle. Tyra certainly never got her big fivehead fixed.

It was too bad that no one acknowledged how great Joanie's pictures came out considering all of the oral surgery she underwent.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Big deal about the TEETH!!! waughooo 04-20-06 1
   RE: Big deal about the TEETH!!! geminirose 04-20-06 2
       RE: Big deal about the TEETH!!! BIGGESTFAN 04-20-06 3
           RE: Big deal about the TEETH!!! geminirose 04-20-06 7
       RE: Mind The Gap? LisaPles 04-20-06 4
           RE: Mind The Gap? kree 04-20-06 5
               RE: Mind The Gap? antmfan07 04-20-06 6
                   RE: Mind The Gap? dancemodel 04-20-06 8
                       RE: Mind The Gap? Nikro 04-20-06 9
                           RE: Mind The Gap? ginger 04-20-06 10
                               RE: Mind The Gap? Backster 04-20-06 11
                                   RE: Mind The Gap? Kelly_Smith 04-20-06 12
                                       RE: Mind The Gap? ANTMGirl4Life 04-20-06 13
                                           RE: Mind The Gap? prosecutor 04-20-06 14
                                               RE: Mind The Gap? ultrabrite smile 04-22-06 18
                   RE: Mind The Gap? nique1281 04-23-06 19
               RE: Joanies Veneers shaaker 04-20-06 15
                   RE: Joanies Veneers flower2 04-20-06 16
                       RE: Joanies Veneers Backster 04-21-06 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

waughooo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-20-06, 01:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail waughooo Click to send private message to waughooo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Big deal about the TEETH!!!"
Seriously. Doesn't anyone remember the huge controversy when someone Photoshopped out the gap in Madonna's front teeth on a magazine cover? She was furious! And what about Lauren Hutton? BIG model in the '70s...BIG gap in her teeth. Then there are the other top models like Adriana Lima and Laetitia Casta who have incredibly f*$ed up teeth and still somehow made it big working for GUESS and Victoria's Secret. It's a shame Tyra is pushing so hard to make Danielle lose her uniqueness...especially when she seems so proud of it.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

geminirose 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-20-06, 04:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geminirose Click to send private message to geminirose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Big deal about the TEETH!!!"
excellent point about lauren hutton and models with jacked up teeth.

i hope danielle ultimately refuses getting her gap closed since she is so uncomfortable with it. the pressure from the judges is definitely unfair... to tell her that she's basically out of the competition and that she cant make it as a covergirl model because of the gap was just wrong. isnt that a decision the covergirl people need to make? all tbey have done is rave about what great pics she takes, and now they make it seem like she's the hunchback of notre dame because of her gap.

for tyra to preach so much about the models embracing what makes them unique and being proud of what doesnt make them the stereotypical model-- and for her to always tell her rejection stories because of her huge forehead, i was surprised at her reaction to danielle.

i dont even know why they suggested danielle have anything done.. whereas joanie was self conscious about her smile and her teeth, danielle has been nothing but confident in herself.

they gave that one girl the boot because she wouldnt cut her hair mia farrow short last season, so i'm guessing they'll do the same to danielle if she doesnt "fix" her gap. and if that is what happens, at least she has a great portfolio out of antm. i'm sure she'll still get work. i think her photos are stronger than both nicole's and nic's from last season, and she definitely has more personality than nicole.

BIGGESTFAN 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-20-06, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BIGGESTFAN Click to send private message to BIGGESTFAN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Big deal about the TEETH!!!"
I agree they shouldn't make Danielle fix the gap in her teeth it makes her different. And by the way I'm not out to bad mouth anyone but the gril from last season left on her own she wasn't kicked of the show she was kicked off Jay's set for the day. She made the choice to leave

geminirose 64 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geminirose Click to send private message to geminirose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Big deal about the TEETH!!!"
biggestfan, you're right.. she got kicked off jay's set and then willingly left the show. i really hope if danielle chooses not to get the gap closed that she's not automatically eliminated then.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-20-06, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Mind The Gap? "
I will start by saying that Danielle is my favorite this season. I love her personality and confidence. I feel bad for the decision she is faced with and I am conflicted about what I think she should do.
I think Tyra is trying to tell her that she will not achieve great success as a model with the gap in her teeth. Tyra is right that it is the first thing anyone will notice about her and it is perceived as a flaw. I was a little surprised that Tyra was being so adamant about it, but she is just being honest.
I think they saw potential for Joanie or Danielle to win the competition and that is why they presented them with the opportunity. While I do admire Danielle for her hesitation to change, the bottom line for me is that I think she should go for it. She is probably scared, but in the end would love it.

Watching Joanie go through the procedure was excruciating. I think the end result was great and will totally improve her photos and overall confidence.

Yes, gap-toothed models have achieved sucess in the past, but I think the chances are realistically very slim.

kree 77 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kree Click to send private message to kree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Mind The Gap? "
Hi, I'm new. I think she should go for it and get her teeth fixed. I used to have snaggle teeth in the front and although I know that's different than a gap, the thing is when you get your teeth fixed you feel a lot better about yourself, and talk better. D has a lot of trouble pronunciating, sometimes I can't understand a word she's saying- and it may be the gap.

I agree that the end decision should be hers, and it would be a shame to get kicked off the show for not falling under pressure, but someday I'll bet she will want that gap fixed, and then she'll have to pay for it, not ANTM.

Maybe they can just close the gap a little, not completely.

What do you guys think about the caps they put on the other girl? Don't you think they look kind of weird? Like you can see where they end halfway across her mouth... It's too bad they can't make them look more natural. They should file them to look like her natural teeth, as if they were just straightened, not covered.

antmfan07 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-20-06, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail antmfan07 Click to send private message to antmfan07 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Mind The Gap? "
As for Danielle...IF YOU DON'T WANT TO CLOSE THE GAP DON'T DO IT!!! It is part of who you are. Her initial reaction was "no" I don't want to close the gap. But in the previews for next week I think she decides to close it a bit!!

Joanie: Does anyone think she talks a little weird after the surgery? Maybe it is because she might be swollen still (I hope so) It sounds like she has a retainer in her mouth. The teeth look great, but I just thought she sounded a little different.

dancemodel 22 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dancemodel Click to send private message to dancemodel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Mind The Gap? "
lets put it this way............TYRA IS A HYPOCRITE

Nikro 58 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nikro Click to send private message to Nikro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Mind The Gap? "
Sure Joanie sounds weird. She just had major dental work done! She will heal and she will find a new smile after time...she is so used to the teeth she was born with.

I agree about the gap...I dont think she should get it repaired, she looks great! However, I guarantee that if she isn't the puppet they want her to be she won't have a chance to win.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-20-06, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Mind The Gap? "
Like most of you, I was thinking about Lauren Hutton and wondering why they are forcing her to do this. If you google Hutton, every single one of her bios mentions her refusal to have the gap fixed and how it made her career (well, being beautiful probably helped, too, but you get my point).

I think the compromise Danielle suggested (closing the gap a little but not all the way) would be fine, too. I am hoping this is not just a reason to kick her off.

Backster 14 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Backster Click to send private message to Backster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Mind The Gap? "
I think Danielle should keep her gap too. I loved it when she told the fake talent scout, "yeah well, it's stayin so get used to it" about her gap.

It's a great signature flaw - like Cindy Crawford's mole or Claudia Schiffer's David Copperfield

I agree that it's terrible for the judges to be talking about confidence and being proud of your look and yet dismiss Danielle if she's not willing to compromise her look - if they don't like her pictures because of the gap, say so, but so far her pictures have been flawless.

Kelly_Smith 169 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kelly_Smith Click to send private message to Kelly_Smith Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Mind The Gap? "
Haha @ the Copperfield comment

Danielle is definitely one of my favorites and I was also very surprised they were SO pushy about the gap. I understand that it is the first thing people will notice, but it's really not UGLY.. If she wanted it fixed, that's one thing, but if she really doesn't, why force her????

Joanie is a TROOPER. She's my new favorite for the winner. Her pictures were amazing, especially the black/white one. Simply stunning.

ANTMGirl4Life 57 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ANTMGirl4Life Click to send private message to ANTMGirl4Life Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Mind The Gap? "
I think she should keep the gap too. I always admired the gap in Lauren Hutton and also Natalie Cole. I remember Natalie saying that people have begged her to close her gap but she refused. She said it actually helps her sing better, she gets extra air through the gap. Danielle is cute with it..it's her signature! She should stand up to Tyra, I think they would respect that.

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-20-06, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Mind The Gap? "
I applaud Danielle for her confidence inspite
of Tyra not liking the gap. I couldn't have
such confidence if I had a gap that big
and would have fixed my gap before
entering such a competition so I applaud her.

ultrabrite smile 10 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-06, 02:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ultrabrite%20smile Click to send private message to ultrabrite%20smile Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Mind The Gap? "
Did you notice that Tyra made a big deal about saying that Danielle just wouldn't have that "Cover Girl" look with the gap.

I believe that this was Tyra's way of expressing that with Cover Girl as the primary sponsor, there was no way that she was going to win.

It might not be fair, or follow Lauren Hutton's edgier example, lead, but sometimes you have to do what the sponsor wants...

nique1281 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-23-06, 05:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nique1281 Click to send private message to nique1281 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Mind The Gap? "
I saw that too when Tyra handed her the picture it looks like she convinced her to do it. She could get a fake piece that she can put in or take out instead of surgery. My grandmother has one and you could not tell the difference. She seems strong minded though and whatever decision she makes will be her own.

Yeah it did seem like she talked with a lisp after surgery, that's why the grass isn't always greener. She wanted this so bad and now she might have a lisp. Who knows, or she just might need to get used to it, but we will find out. She does look good despite the speech impairment.

shaaker 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-20-06, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shaaker Click to send private message to shaaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Joanies Veneers"
>What do you guys think about
>the caps they put on
>the other girl? Don't
>you think they look kind
>of weird? Like you
>can see where they end
>halfway across her mouth...
>It's too bad they can't
>make them look more natural.
> They should file them
>to look like her natural
>teeth, as if they were
>just straightened, not covered.

I believe on the show they mentioned that Joanie would be getting temporary caps first. These are usually made of a hard plastic and while they are a fairly close match to your teeth are not as close as the final porcelain veneers and do not resist staining. It's also possible for them to fall off which will never happen with the final veneer until they are replaced. In fact, with the final veneer they have to be drilled off. My 1st veneers took approximately 10 days to be made and were had a stainless steel back and fit into the peg of made by the dentist. This is why a root canal is necessary. The peg goes where the root of the tooth once was so that there is a complete tooth with no line. With temps, they take into account that your teeth may still be healing from the root canal and so they only cover the tooth. They can't peg the temporary into the space. Hence the possibility for lines as they are literally soft glued into place unlike the permanent veneers which are cemented in.

Hope this helps

spiral_scan@yahoo.com

flower2 171 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flower2 Click to send private message to flower2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Joanies Veneers"
Shaakar, sounds painful but thanks for the info. I wondered how they were able to do all of that so quickly then have her in front of the camera smiling and posing.

Anyhooo, back to Danielle. She and Joanie have actually been my favorites from the beginning. I also think she should keep her gap but believe too that it'll give Tyra and crew an excuse to get rid of her. They would HAVE to use an excuse because all of her pictures have been flawless, her attitude is great and she should be in the running to WIN! Straight teeth will make her smile just like everyone else's. That gap will make her stand out.

Backster 14 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Backster Click to send private message to Backster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Joanies Veneers"
I did google image some Lauren Hutton pictures and have to admit, her gap is a lot smaller than Danielle's. That said, I wonder if there's some subconcious racism in the need to get rid of Danielle's gap - it's a bit of an urban black "street" look - but much like Brooke, it's great to find beauty in the unusual - she's a great example of how non-traditionally pretty features can photograph beautifully. Another example - Hillary Swank's HUMUNGOUS teeth or Angelina Jolie's lips.

I was with Twiggy in always wanting Brooke to be better than she was and I hoped she'd get it together and win - now I'm rooting for Danielle, but don't think she's gonna make it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •