The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tyra's attitude"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

2Centz 150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-08-06, 02:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 2Centz Click to send private message to 2Centz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tyra's attitude"

A great deal of people has a lot to say about Tyra's diva attiude thoughout the various seasons of thie show.

It's no secret that Tyra is a diva with a big narcissistic streak, but I don't think anyone can say that she hasn't had the best interests of the models in mind throughout. She does have the ability to connect on a level with which she has a lot of familiarity -- hard work, lonliness, self improvement, etc. She had the benefit of a strong, supportive mother, whereas many of these girls are out there on their own, and Tyra is sensitive to that to the best of her ability.

Granted, I am not behind the scene, and I have no idea haow she really behaves toward them, but I believe that to a certain extent, she does want to mother them and help them build the ttols they need to succeed. After all, it's in her best interest.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tyra's attitude tribephyl 03-08-06 1
   RE: Tyra's attitude LisaPles 03-09-06 2
 RE: Tyra's attitude eire_heart74 03-09-06 3
   RE: Tyra's attitude RonReports 03-09-06 4
       RE: Tyra's attitude MasterShake 03-12-06 5
           RE: Tyra's attitude Cenetrajohnson 03-12-06 6
 RE: Tyra's attitude LIVEURBESTLIFE 03-12-06 7
   RE: Tyra's attitude prosecutor 03-13-06 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-08-06, 07:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tyra's attitude"
Well, all that and Tyra needs to promise a certain amount of drama.
Afterall, It's her only "successful" show.
Whether it comes from her or it comes from the girls, something will be made of nothing and every week will be filled with drama/contain a breakdown/have an unforgettable last 5 minutes/hold a mind-bending twist/etc. ad nauseum.

Why you think Tyra's life isn't filled with drama (see: diva attitude) is beyond me.
The girl's life is one long dramatic monolouge with many many points that can be recalled as moments of Divadom.
And as "they" say, once a diva always a diva. (Until the A faces the other way and becomes an E.)

And whatever ttols are? I want them. How do I get me some?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-09-06, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tyra's attitude"
After reading a lot of the comments about Tyra and comments from some of the past contestants (taken with a grain of salt), I think it is becoming increasingly clear that this show is primarily about producing a reality show, and finding the next "top model" is secondary.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-09-06, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tyra's attitude"
Say what you want about her attitude but that gal is smart for coming up with this show. (or if she was approached to do it, Wise to make the choice and jump right in there. either way, smart move) There is one heck of a brain in that body and she has found ways to stay famous without having to do nothing but walk catwalk after catwalk.

She always makes a point to talk to the girls. She seems to want to play den mommy to them all. Is it for show? Of course! It's tv. But I don't think she's completely full of it either. I am sure she feels for them a little as they go through it all.

RonReports 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-09-06, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RonReports Click to send private message to RonReports Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Tyra's attitude"
I always enjoy watching this show. The one thing that Tyra does worst is the way that she dismisses each week's loser. Heidi Klum does it much better on Project Runway when she says "Auf Wiedersehen."

MasterShake 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-12-06, 05:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MasterShake Click to send private message to MasterShake Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Tyra's attitude"
The problem has always been that Tyra has pushed this thing as though the winner is to be taken under her wing. When the winners get buried in Tyra's agency immediately, (See Adrienne and all of the past winners,) it just looks like Tyra lives off of them for a little while before moving onto the next one.

I don't think I would want to have an egotistical diva who would bury me in a heartbeat to be my mentor to be honest. The sight of her listening to the girls confide in her only to throw it back in their faces when it suits her purposes is sickening. At least Janice was tough on them in a "strictly business" manner without crossing this line.

Oh and Tyra really needs to not repeat "you're still in the running to be America's Next Top Model" every single time someone has moved on. This drives me insane!!!

Cenetrajohnson 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-12-06, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cenetrajohnson Click to send private message to Cenetrajohnson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Tyra's attitude"
My friend has done her talk show twice and she say she never get to meet Tyra until they are on stage for the questions. Tyra try to act like she care but the only dam thing she gives a dam about is looking like she care on TV and money. Then she promise her guest all this help and they never gets it. I see why Chris Webber dumped her ##### so many dam times. Then she try to act like her and Hyde Klum is such good friends. I heard that is so she can stay near her ex that Hyde is now married to. Tyra can't keep a man to save her life.

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-12-06, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Tyra's attitude"
What's funny to me is that the winner's of this show have had marginal success but Tyra is having super duper success.

The only Top Model with an extremely successful career to come off that show is Tyra. I mean she was famous before but now she is really really really famous.

Th career that has benifitted the most has been Tyra's while the winners have mid to minor success.

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-13-06, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Tyra's attitude"
Eva is having sucess. She did a music video with
Jamie Foxx too.

Tyra needs to get to the gym fast. She is really
packing on the weight and fast.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •