The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Transgender model this season"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-13-08, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Transgender model this season"
LAST EDITED ON 08-13-08 AT 01:58 PM (EST)

"One of the 14 girls who will compete on the new season of America's Next Top Model – which returns to The CW on September 3 – is transgender.

"My cards were dealt differently," Isis, a 22-year-old former receptionist, tells Us Weekly exclusively in its new issue, on newsstands now."

http://www.usmagazine.com/transgender-contestant-to-compete-on-antm

All the models are here

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/americas-next-top-model11/

ETA: RTVW News link
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/top-model-eleventh-season-cast-includes-transgender-contestant-7646.php

Medal winning sigs by Agman!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Transgender model this season JessicaRN 08-13-08 1
   RE: Transgender model this season cherluvr4life 08-21-08 2
       RE: Transgender model this season mindy23 08-24-08 3
 RE: Transgender model this season Magnolia_Rocker 08-25-08 4
 Considering the source. Estee 09-04-08 5
   RE: Considering the source. toddE 09-04-08 6
 RE: Transgender model this season are you sure 09-04-08 7
   Thanks for asking. Estee 09-04-08 8
       RE: Thanks for asking. RollDdice 09-05-08 13
           RE: Thanks for asking. Estee 09-05-08 15
   RE: Transgender model this season Snidget 09-04-08 9
       RE: Transgender model this season ANGELSOFT65 09-05-08 10
           RE: Transgender model this season Estee 09-05-08 11
               RE: Transgender model this season mysticwolf 09-05-08 12
                   RE: Transgender model this season RollDdice 09-05-08 14
           WARNINGS Bebo 09-05-08 16
           RE: Transgender model this season bmancato 02-06-10 25
       RE: Transgender model this season raj3443 02-14-10 27
 RE: Transgender model this season grit 09-25-08 17
   RE: Transgender model this season ginger 09-25-08 18
   RE: Transgender model this season flystorms 09-26-08 19
   RE: Transgender model this season Snidget 09-26-08 20
       RE: Transgender model this season alexanderrobertson 10-11-08 21
 Tyra is gonna pay to complete the p... vince3 11-17-08 22
   RE: Tyra is gonna pay to complete t... Snidget 11-17-08 23
       RE: Tyra is gonna pay to complete t... bmancato 02-06-10 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-13-08, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Transgender model this season"
Well, after Dominique last season, this is so big deal!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

cherluvr4life 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

08-21-08, 07:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cherluvr4life Click to send private message to cherluvr4life Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Transgender model this season"
>Well, after Dominique last season, this
>is so big deal!

LMBO!!! she was more manly

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-24-08, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Transgender model this season"
Chalk up another 'lower than a snake trick' to Tyra. Anything-anyone that she can utilize for ratings. Can't stand that woman!!!!

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-25-08, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Transgender model this season"
on topic - At least the majority of these girls acutally look like models unlike the fugly's we've had to past few seasons.

off topic - My girls had their first go-see last week. Talk about fun!!!

My future Rockers!

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-08, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Considering the source."
After last night, I don't view Isis' presence as Tyra striking a blow for the GLBT community. It feels more like the modeling industry saying 'We hate feminine curves so much, we've decided the best way to avoid them is by hiring someone who's physically male.'

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-04-08, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Considering the source."
Too bad she's not prettier, but she should still bring enough drama to last until, say, 6th place or so.

are you sure 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-04-08, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail are%20you%20sure Click to send private message to are%20you%20sure Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Transgender model this season"
Have they lost their mind. In any true sports there is a man and woman team. Just because someone wanted to always be a girl could they play on girls basketball team. Maybe they could shoot better. Just because they got an operation they still could not play. In the Olympics they would be disqualified. Would Playboy consider putting a guy who had gotten an operation as a centerfold. How sick! All the advertisers should be pissed. Does L mag really want a guy who wants to be a girl in there pictures? Does Revelon really expect girls to want to buy their product that a guy uses. Tara has lost her mind. She should be the joke of reality TV. What kind of message is she sending to girls she kicked off that they were replaced by a man who wants to be a woman. Is she going to tell girls to get surgery to look up to her level. Tara really dishonored every woman by picking a man who wants to be a woman over a true woman.
>
>"One of the 14 girls who
>will compete on the new
>season of America's Next Top
>Model – which returns to
>The CW on September 3
>– is transgender.
>
>"My cards were dealt differently," Isis,
>a 22-year-old former receptionist, tells
>Us Weekly exclusively in its
>new issue, on newsstands now."

>
>
>http://www.usmagazine.com/transgender-contestant-to-compete-on-antm
>
>All the models are here
>
>http://www.cwtv.com/shows/americas-next-top-model11/
>
>ETA: RTVW News link
>http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/top-model-eleventh-season-cast-includes-transgender-contestant-7646.php
>
>
>Medal winning sigs by Agman!

09-04-08, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Thanks for asking."
Would Playboy consider putting a guy who had gotten an operation as a centerfold.

Meet Caroline Cossey.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caroline_Cossey

So the answer to your question would be 'yes'.

RollDdice 5659 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-08, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Thanks for asking."
Would Playboy consider putting a guy who had gotten an operation as a centerfold.

Not to split hairs (of any gender), but if memory serves, Tula was featured in a fairly small photo regarding her appearance as an extra in the James Bond film For Your Eyes Only and never appeared as a centerfold. (I'll probably be corrected and shamed shortly, but that's my recollection.)

I don't think Playboy vets centerfold candidates as thoroughly as the GOP vets VP candidates, but it probably would have come up. (no pun intended)

Bounce or Die by IceCat

09-05-08, 07:22 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Thanks for asking."
She may not have had a centerfold, but the Wikipedia article says she did have a full-fledged pictorial feature in the magazine. So for a given value of 'consider'...

09-04-08, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Transgender model this season"
Um, wow.

Transgendered people don't just wake up and decide they want to be the other gender one day on a lark. It is a biological issue where the gender identity and the body don't line up. There are a lot of reasons why someone's DNA, body and mind don't all line up to be all the same.

I think one of the reasons they see some depth to her is from the struggle she'd gone through.

As for athletics, now as a pre-op transgendered person they wouldn't let her compete as a women, but the IOC has a policy for post-op transexual people.

"The committee said transgender athletes could compete in the Olympics if they met certain requirements, such as completing genital reconstructive surgery and at least two years of hormonal therapy. The IOC also requires that "legal recognition of their assigned sex has been conferred by the appropriate official authorities," such as by a nation's courts. "
link

It recognizes that the effects of the male hormones do dissipate over time once that is all shut off with surgery and medications. Now a guy that just wants to compete on the girls team would not be allowed because there is an advantage that comes from testosterone. I'm guessing based on looks alone that Isis likely has been undergoing some of the pre-op hormonal treatments, but I can't be sure.

I hope her exposure here helps her get the money and that together that she needs to get her surgery.

ANGELSOFT65 1 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-08, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ANGELSOFT65 Click to send private message to ANGELSOFT65 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Transgender model this season"
I so don't agree with people being born "male on the outside, female on the inside". It is not a biological issue, but rather a psychological issue. I am a Christian, and to say that someone is born transgender is saying that God made a mistake. God doesn't make a mistake. That's what's wrong with this world...we are too tolerant. We cater to "minorities" that are morally wrong. Tyra used to be one of my favorite TV personalities, but I'm not so sure anymore. Also, since they are casting for Cycle 12, I took the liberty of looking at the rules of eligibility. It clearly states that the contestant must be "female at the time of the application". Since Isis has not undergone the surgery HE is still a male and was a male when the application process was completed.

09-05-08, 01:45 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Transgender model this season"
Okay. So as a morally proper Christian, you were watching a show about young women who prostitute their bodies to serve the physical and fashion dictates of gay males because...?

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-08, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Transgender model this season"
*snort*

Sharkie wipe, please.

Smokeysmom's comfort

RollDdice 5659 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-08, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Transgender model this season"
I'm so glad I ordered the XL Sharkie Wipe package. Autographed by Estee and worth every penny.

Hidden takeout, crouching cookie.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-08, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "WARNINGS"
ANGELSOFT65, please take a moment to read our community guidelines - there's a link at the top of the page. As our guidelines state, it is the responsibility of each poster to help prevent forest fires. This forum is for discussing the television show, not to attack the treatment of minorities.

And to everyone who responded...our guidelines clearly state how newbies are supposed to be treated and how violations of our guidelines are to be handled. Show forums are not to be taken off-topic to attack a newbie instead of reporting a violation.

bmancato 2 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-10, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bmancato Click to send private message to bmancato Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Transgender model this season"
So let me get this straight. Every child who is born with a birth defect has somehow deserved it. God gave them a life of pain and anguish on purpose. How puritan of you.
The thought of the Christian right ever getting their hands on any real political power in this country is chilling.
If this model want to be has the talent and the looks to win American Top Model than more power to him or her which ever they prefer.

raj3443 1 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-10, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail raj3443 Click to send private message to raj3443 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Transgender model this season"
Good news for transgender models

Today a ramp show has happend only for transgender models

http://www.indianmirror.com/news/2010/feb/14/Transgenders-models-walk-the-ramp-in-Mumbai.html

this shows that there should not be any discriminatory reviews in forums as if this is some thing different sort of

let all live in this world happily

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-25-08, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Transgender model this season"
I had mixed reactions when Isis went home last night.

I think Isis was too concerned about her body to really model well and that affected her performance. I think some people will jump in and say "good riddance" but I think she needs to work on her personal issues and then come back. She had a strong runway walk and could really pull it off in some photos.

I got sliced!

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-08, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Transgender model this season"
Agreed. Also agree that it was time for her to go, though.

flystorms 211 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-26-08, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Transgender model this season"
I thought it was interesting that they brought her onto the show this year, though we all have to admit it was as much of a stunt as it was "finding" a model. She did a good job early on, but compared to the girls who were left at the end of this round, it was time for her to go.

Once they showed her body of work, you could see that she was a one trick pony, especially because her facial expressions never changed. Sad, but I'm thrilled she made it as far as she did!

09-26-08, 11:09 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Transgender model this season"
She definitely has potential, and I think that bringing her on after doing so well and an extra last season makes a lot of sense.

Every year we do get someone that definitely has potential but has a problem living up to it when the competition is going. Unfortunately a lot of times if you have some sort of "performance angst" when the pressure is on each failure just compounds that and you are out after only a few episodes.

I do hope she can figure out how to get over that and do well with the modeling because of the pictures from last year. She just needs to figure out how to be the one in front rather than one of the extras.

"Indecision 2008: The Long Flat Seemingly Endless Bataan Death March to The White House" (April 23, 2008) --Jon Stewart

alexanderrobertson 5 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-08, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alexanderrobertson Click to send private message to alexanderrobertson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Transgender model this season"
Is Barbie bad? Not too bad at all if the finalists of Americas Next Top Model are anything to go by.

Tonight, two of her clones are in the final three and they look so alike it's hard to tell them apart. Does that matter?

There's no mistaking Tyra Banks, although it's worth watching out for one snippet when she does not resemble her usual stunning self.

They say beauty is skin deep. Perhaps the ugliness inside Tyra - that which erupts via her spiteful tongue on this show - could be seeping out.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-08, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Tyra is gonna pay to complete the procedure"
From the front page:

http://tinyurl.com/64v7ut

It's gonna air tomorrow on the Tyra Banks show

11-17-08, 07:29 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Tyra is gonna pay to complete the procedure"
That's cool.

bmancato 2 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-10, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bmancato Click to send private message to bmancato Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Tyra is gonna pay to complete the procedure"
Very Cool!!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •