The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New Season-The shortest of the shortest"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-17-09, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New Season-The shortest of the shortest"
I surfed upon this last night; didn't realize a new season had started. Wasn't the first episode - maybe the second?

One has to wonder about some of the girls who are chosen to compete. Last season Tyra chose a girl who had burn scars all over her; this season she has a girl who has something wrong with her eye.
Does she pick these for whatever they may add to the show? I haven't watched all the old seasons - has she always had someone who had something like this? Has one ever won? Does she expect them to really win?

A girl with a broken foot was eliminated. She started out with the broken foot; course they didn't say she was eliminated because of it; but was she really expected to compete just like every one else with no issues?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New Season-The shortest of the ... grit 09-17-09 1
   RE: New Season-The shortest of the ... grit 09-18-09 2
       RE: New Season-The shortest of the ... Enyo 09-23-09 5
 RE: New Season-The shortest of the ... trigirl 09-18-09 3
   RE: New Season-The shortest of the ... realityshowgeek 09-18-09 4
 RE: New Season-The shortest of the ... MDLady13 09-28-09 6
   RE: New Season-The shortest of the ... JessicaRN 09-28-09 7
       RE: New Season-The shortest of the ... trigirl 09-29-09 8
           RE: New Season-The shortest of the ... Snidget 09-29-09 9
 Oct 28 jbug 10-29-09 10
   RE: Oct 28 Enyo 10-31-09 11
   RE: Oct 28 pizzy187 11-03-09 12
       RE: Oct 28 livsforluv 11-04-09 13
 Nicole and Laura Q 11-12-09 14
   RE: Nicole and Laura jbug 11-12-09 15
   RE: Nicole and Laura trigirl 11-12-09 16
       RE: Nicole and Laura Q 11-17-09 17
           RE: Nicole and Laura trigirl 11-26-09 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-17-09, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New Season-The shortest of the shortest"
The girl who broke her foot (I can't remember her name right now) broke it after being chosen as one of the 35 finalists. When she competed to be part of the top 14, she did everything on crutches or removed the cast and walked on her broken foot. They couldn't have given her a deferral to another season because she was 5'7" or shorter. This would be her only chance to compete.

I haven't seen last night's episode yet so I wonder if she had other issues beyond the broken foot.

I got sliced!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-18-09, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New Season-The shortest of the shortest"
Okay, I watched the episode last night and I'm a little p!ssed. Twice Bianca's in the bottom two because she had a p!ssy attitude about what she had to wear and she still stays. Courtney had a p!ssy attitude once because of the boot and then she gets the boot. They're obviously keeping Bianca for the drama and ratings. That girl always looks like she's smelling a fart and she can't "smize" her way out of a paper bag.

And it's pretty obvious they're setting up Jennifer's boot with all that talk about her lazy eye.

I got sliced!

Enyo 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-23-09, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Enyo Click to send private message to Enyo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: New Season-The shortest of the shortest"
I think Bianca should have been removed because she obviously doesn't get it. She had two chances.

However, the boot girl screwed up because she was forced to wear the boot and she thought that it would be a detriment and it wasn't (or wouldn't have been had she quit pouting about it).

But, that is Bianca 2, Boot girl 1. Bianca should have gone.

Besides, Bianca is very hard looking.. not feminine.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-18-09, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: New Season-The shortest of the shortest"
Courtney was waaaay better than Bianca. Why is there always a b!tchy girl named 'Bianca' on the show?!?!

realityshowgeek 176 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-18-09, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realityshowgeek Click to send private message to realityshowgeek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: New Season-The shortest of the shortest"
Usually when people call some of the models ugly, I dismiss it because I think it's biased, but Bianca is ugly!! She has huge dark gums and that is not cute. She's only hanging around for the drama

MDLady13 10 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-09, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDLady13 Click to send private message to MDLady13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: New Season-The shortest of the shortest"
I, too, said that again, we have a bitchy Bianca on the show. Enough already!!!

The "boot" girl wasn't booted (pardon the pun) because of her boot. She was booted because she couldn't stop complaining and just didn't want to participate.

Bianca is not doing well at all. I don't think she will last. Her attitude is terrible and her pictures are even worse!!! They are definitely keeping her for ratings since she is providing drama. No surprise there.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-28-09, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: New Season-The shortest of the shortest"
Unfortunately, after seeing them walk the runway with tall models, I have to say that the reality of these girls becoming supermodels is pretty slim.

09-29-09, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: New Season-The shortest of the shortest"
They looked a little ridiculous, didn't they?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-09, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: New Season-The shortest of the shortest"
There are a few who make it on the runway at 5'6" to 5'7" (notably Kate Moss whose height is listed as somewhere between 5'4" and 5'8" but since she is shorter than usually I'd bet for under 5'7" as models will likely lie to be taller)

I assume for the challenge they did pick runway models on the taller end of the spectrum and when while some side by side work is done I assume the shorter girls are normally either matched with shorter girls or get one at a time work. After all you want the buyers looking at the clothes, not the height difference made really obvious.

10-29-09, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Oct 28"
Guess I'm the only one watching.
I did not give a thought to the models being painted dark for the shoot last night.
However, seems someone has a problems with it.
Tyra Banks Puts 'Top Models' in Blackface. When Did This Become OK?
http://tinyurl.com/yjfj5qf

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

Enyo 20 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-09, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Enyo Click to send private message to Enyo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Oct 28"
I saw something on the news briefly about this yesterday. I think it is absurd. It wasn't "blackface".. it was ethnicity. I mean.. what, now there is something wrong with being ethnic? Or is it just when white people do it that it is wrong? She wasn't trying to make fun of black people.. they weren't even all black.

The girl who got cut.. wasn't she native american/indian? She wasn't even black. (which btw I thought her picture was stunning and the pose was great. It made the garment look very cool and portrayed a proud and strong indian)

Another day, another "omgracism!" comment.

pizzy187 15 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-09, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pizzy187 Click to send private message to pizzy187 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Oct 28"
I saw the episode and I didn't see a problem with it either... I feel if anything it was a compliment to the hapa people that they were trying to impersonate because they are trying to impersonate them because they are beautiful. And the photos came out amazing.

But at the beginning of the episode when Tyra said, "Who's the most famous hapa in the world," I thought she was going to say "MEEEE!!!" I instantly thought "Maya Rudolph!". Mostly because I saw her in a movie the other day, where she was talking about being mixed. It was pretty interesting heres a clip of her from the Black List 2 talking about it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys0M9u0wQUA

livsforluv 113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-04-09, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail livsforluv Click to send private message to livsforluv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Oct 28"
Agreed. I don't thin they were trying to make fun of hapa people I think they were just trying to become beautiful like them. I don't see the controversy.

Also thanks for the clip. I have never been a huge Maya fan but I didn't know she was mixed.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-12-09, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Nicole and Laura"
OK, So I am a little surprised Laura made it, but then again, they picked two of the tallest girls (5'7") for the finals. I think Nicole is still a lock for the win as I have thought for quite some time now. But Laura can pull it off if her commercial is not too bad. But then again, Nicole could melt down as well.

I really like both of them and think they are both good F2 choices. I'm glad Erin went home. She just needs to grow up a little and she will be fine. Jenn was also great, but always looked the weakest of the F4 to me.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

11-12-09, 01:30 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Nicole and Laura"
Laura will have trouble with any of the speaking commercials.
Nicole/ who knows LOL

Agree with Erin - very immature - but then she's only 18 so she should be.
Jenn - I couldn't help but see that odd eye in a lot of her pics.

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

11-12-09, 03:56 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Nicole and Laura"
I love Laura. She just seems to 'gosh darn' real. Laughed about the Rachel Hunter thing though because I was yelling at my tv during her photo shoot....she looked exactly like Rachel Hunter!

Best final 2 of the bunch. Erin=Annoying.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-17-09, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Nicole and Laura"
I agree that these 2 are good F2 for the season. I just hope the Rachel Hunter-ish-ness of Laura does not overshadow her. I also agree she is a 'real' person. Then again, so is Nichole. I think both of these girls have grown as women during this competition. That is probably why they are both in the finals.

Also, TriGirl, I finished my first 1/2 marathon last weekend. Have you done any Tri's lately? I was thinking of training for one in late spring. A sprint Tri at least.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

11-26-09, 09:06 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Nicole and Laura"
Great job on the half marathon Q! Have you done any tri's before? A late spring race would be amazing....as long as the water is warm enough. You will love it. Even though tri training sometimes takes more time than run training, you will find it easier on your body than your training for the half marathon. Keep me posted!

I just got back from Ironman Arizona. I was really happy with my race even though I had to abandon it after the half marathon point of the run.

++++++++++++++++

Oh yeah....Nicole and Laura....great finale. I knew that I would be happy with either outcome. Do feel that Nicole has the best chance for success though.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •