The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My thoughts on the show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

kellyjj45 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-08-08, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kellyjj45 Click to send private message to kellyjj45 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"My thoughts on the show"
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-08 AT 09:49 AM (EST)

I have been watching America's Top Model for a long time and is it just me or does Tyra seem to be getting kind of mean towards the girls? Geez, some of the things she says are very critical and I'm not just talking about her criticizing their poses and modeling, just being kind of snobby and treating them like they are dirt and that she is so great. Her attitude sucks sometimes. Her forehead is just mesmerizing! lol
I just think that sometimes the panel is being too judgemental and there are so many different opinions out there, how can they always say that their opinion is the right one. And Jay Alexander...um, yeah he has the worst fashion sense of all and then he sits there and judges these poor girls on their fashion? I know they have experience but still. One likes it the other doesn't? What does that mean, who is right? I think art and modeling is in the eye of the beholder as far as beauty goes. I like Jay Manuel and Nigel Barker.

Dominique - I knew she was going home next. Some of her pictures were pretty good but she just didn't seem to have that "model" type look, plus she did look kind of manly sometimes.

Fatima - I really liked her at first but then after she started winning she started getting kind of stuck on herself like she was so much better than everyone else and talking about the other girls. She's lost my vote but I do think she'll be the main competition in the end. She does have a very genuine model look.

Whitney - Cute girl but I don't really see model material there (and it's not because she's a supposed full figured model). She overdoes a lot of things and acts real phony most of the time. I don't think she's anything to worry about.

Anya - She is very model material and has done a really great job so far. She has the look and such a sweet personality. I know the other girls were saying mean stuff about her but I think that is just because they were jealous because she was doing so well. I think she will be the winner or if not she is major competition. I like her

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: My thoughts on the show JessicaRN 05-09-08 1
 RE: My thoughts on the show Samisue12 05-12-08 2
   RE: My thoughts on the show JessicaRN 05-12-08 3
       RE: My thoughts on the show sirengirl 05-12-08 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-09-08, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: My thoughts on the show"
I agree with you. I caught an earlier season during a marathon over the weekend and Tyra seemed much more invested in the girls. Now she seems like she really is just going thru the motions of mentoring and waiting for the next time when she can act dramatically or sing some silly song with Miss Jay.

I think she is seeing herself more and more as a serious "newsperson" and this show is not in keeping with her new image. She really should just executive produce the show and let someone else take over. Petra Nemcovich did a really nice job with her model making show last year.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Samisue12 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-08, 02:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Samisue12 Click to send private message to Samisue12 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: My thoughts on the show"
This really does not have to do with the show, but it does have to do with Tyra's attitude.

My sister works with a woman who's 11 year old daughter has cancer. She was recently told that she was going to be granted a wish from the Make a Wish Foundation. Her wish was to spend a day with Tyra Banks do go shopping, makeovers, etc...This little girl who has been through so much got a short note saying, Nope I can't, I'm too busy. That is not verbatum, but that is the idea of the note.

The poor little girl was crushed to recieve that response. I was surprised when I heard this because Tyra Bank's seems like such a caring loving person. Now, I understand that she is busy with her shows and all that, but she could have explained that in a letter, or sent her a video or something. I'm sure that would not have taken up too much of her precious time.

I just think that by doing this to this girl she is an awful person. She could have picked anything she wanted as her wish, and she picked to meet Tyra Banks. Most kids wish for vacations, games, and all those typical kid things, but she didn't pick those things. I would have thought that Tyra Banks would feel honored to be some girls wish. Tyra Banks is an awful person, and all her love and compassion is just an act.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-12-08, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: My thoughts on the show"
This is sad and it kind of goes along with the attitude that I get from Tyra. She did a show with Make a Wish girls last year, so they couldn't do a whole show again like that, so maybe Tyra only wants to do this stuff when she can be on camera and get accolades for doing it.

She seems that way to the girls on her show also, who all worship her. She no longer seems to really care about them as people, unless she can bring up how things happened to her and she was able to tough it out so why can't they.

She is beginning to seem very insecure to me.

sirengirl 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-08, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sirengirl Click to send private message to sirengirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: My thoughts on the show"
Tyra...is quite insecure much more then I realized. Perhaps more so becuase of what I learned about her past. She does revealthis more in ANTM. Also, becuase she has become idealized she may have lost who she is in the midst of it all. The little girl who was awkward and insecure is still the same, she is deified and has fame and fortune, yet my sense is she is quite lonley.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •