The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tyra is a racist!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

registerednurse 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-17-07, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail registerednurse Click to send private message to registerednurse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tyra is a racist!"
I am addicted to the show but Tyra makes me so mad. Does anyone remember the season with Joni and Danielle? The judges never had anything bad to say about Joni; however, they always criticized Danielle. Did you see how many times Joni's name was called first? But, of course, who wins? Danielle. And now this season Saleshia wins. There were several other girls this season who were prettier and better models (Chantel and Jenah to name two)than Saleshia.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tyra is a racist! cherluvr4life 12-18-07 1
 RE: Tyra is a racist! trigirl 12-18-07 2
   RE: Tyra is a racist! Snidget 12-18-07 3
       RE: Tyra is a racist! ZnittyK 12-18-07 4
           RE: Tyra is a racist! Snidget 12-18-07 5
           WARNING - ZnittyK Bebo 12-18-07 6
           RE: Tyra is a racist! amea_gari 01-04-08 16
       RE: Tyra is a racist! topmodelchick 12-18-07 9
 RE: Tyra is a racist! Peyton414 12-18-07 7
   RE: Tyra is a racist! amanda11694 12-18-07 8
       RE: Tyra is a racist! qwertypie 12-18-07 10
 RE: Tyra is a racist! registerednurse 12-19-07 11
   RE: Tyra is a racist! Peyton414 12-20-07 13
 RE: Tyra is a racist! qwertypie 12-19-07 12
   RE: Tyra is a racist! livsforluv 12-20-07 14
       RE: Tyra is a racist! Peyton414 12-20-07 15
 RE: Tyra is a racist! BriarRosie 01-07-08 17
 RE: Tyra is a racist! SexyBronzeDiva65 01-16-08 18
   WARNING Bebo 01-16-08 19
   RE: Tyra is a racist! registerednurse 01-16-08 20
       WARNING Bebo 01-16-08 21
       RE: Tyra is a racist! Marcy 01-19-08 22
           WARNING - Marcy Bebo 01-19-08 23
 Locking Bebo 01-19-08 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cherluvr4life 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

12-18-07, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cherluvr4life Click to send private message to cherluvr4life Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tyra is a racist!"
i, personally, wouldnt say Tyra is a racist. but i would say she is a self absorbed idiot! lol

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-18-07, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tyra is a racist!"
I guess you don't like her choice of winner?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-18-07, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tyra is a racist!"
Tyra can't win, no matter who wins it has to be because of race. She gets the same accusation if the black girls win or the black girls lose.

Ever think maybe she just has really bad taste?

ZnittyK 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-18-07, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ZnittyK Click to send private message to ZnittyK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Tyra is a racist!"
It seems to me that the racist people are on this site. I think a lot of people just don't like to see ethnic girls win because they don't think ethnic girls could be fashion models. The above statement just said Jena (who looks a mess to me) and Chantel (who I don't see anything special about) look better than Saleisha (who is black). So its pretty obvious that they don't complain when a white woman wins, but when an ethnic woman wins its a problem. Well, ethnic girls CAN do high fashion.

I wonder if any of the viewers had a problem when the first person to win this show was Adrienne who is white? Probably not. Which is a no brainer. Nicole was the most boring person during that season, but I am sure everyone loved her. What about Caridee? I know there were no complaints there. I mean it seems its like the viewers and Twiggy (which is obvious) and not Tyra.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-07, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Tyra is a racist!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-18-07 AT 02:28 PM (EST)

My memory is every season there are a ton of the wrong girl won posts.

A lot of them seems to focus on the race of the girl who one. Your milage may vary.

ETA: pretty much every show forum has a few of those, some show's forum erupt worse than others after the finale. I just remember this board erupting a few times and the race of the winner seems to always be an issue.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-07, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "WARNING - ZnittyK "
Our guidelines clearly state that it is the responsibility of each poster to help prevent forest fires. Making a blanket indictment of your fellow posters is not only bashing but the kind of comment that can incite a flame war. Questioning the motives and motivations of the shows and their participants is acceptable here - doing that for fellow posters is not.

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-04-08, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Tyra is a racist!"
I'm really late to this and I doubt anyone is even reading the board at this stage but...

What is this fallacious idea that 'ethnic' means not white? Why are white people constantly referred to, directly or indirectly, as some sort of white bread bland a-cultural glass of water? Tyra Banks does it all the time and it's insulting.

Women of colour?
Ethnic?
An edge, or attitude means non-white culture?

Guess what folks, this definition is racist too.

topmodelchick 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-18-07, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail topmodelchick Click to send private message to topmodelchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Tyra is a racist!"
>Tyra can't win, no matter who
>wins it has to be
>because of race. She
>gets the same accusation if
>the black girls win or
>the black girls lose.
>
>Ever think maybe she just has
>really bad taste?

LMAO - you summed it all up......

Peyton414 45 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-07, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Peyton414 Click to send private message to Peyton414 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Tyra is a racist!"
i dont think tyra is racist - but maybe shes trying to make too much of a public service announcement out of the show. I though Joni should have won that season but ive followed her career and shes doing just fine with modeling.

besides, look at the last two cycles. Jaslene isnt black - shes just ethnic. and caridee is as white as a girl can get! It all comes down to whose a better model.

I think there is a place in the fashion industry for everyone - plussize, black, indian, asian (i think april was one of the strongest competitors in the history of the show)

I think saleishas win had more to do with her past connections with Tyra rather than with her skin color

amanda11694 116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-18-07, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amanda11694 Click to send private message to amanda11694 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Tyra is a racist!"
I don't know if this is intended or what, but every third cycle the winner is black and the international destination is in Asia. I wonder if Tyra plans for there to be a black winner every third cycle.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-07, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Tyra is a racist!"
I'll keep that in mind if we ever do a Pick to the End game for ANTM

12-19-07, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail registerednurse Click to send private message to registerednurse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Tyra is a racist!"
For some reason I knew this would turn into me be a racist, which I am not. Throughout the many seasons, there have been several beautiful black and other race women who would be(and probably are now) great models. Just to name a few, Eugina, Nik, Bre, Ebony, Mercedes, April, Camille, Eva, YaYa, Whitney, and Jaslene. I also think Tyra is gorgeous. There were also several white winners that I thought should not have won including, Adrianne, Nicole, and Caridee (Melrose was a much better model). Some statstics to support my belief over Joni and Danielle are, Joni had the most,over all seasons, collective and consecutive first callouts with no bottom two callouts, whereas Danielle only had one first time callout and never won a challange. Danielle took pretty pictures, but it was obvious that Joni deserved to win. As for other seasons, it is obvious that Tyra will do everything in her power to keep the black girls around as long as possible even if they are awful (Tiffany to name one).

12-20-07, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Peyton414 Click to send private message to Peyton414 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Tyra is a racist!"
i agree that Joanie should have won - but if you google her you'll see that she is doing absolutely fine in the modeling industry....

i dont think Tyra is rooting for the black girls, persay, shes just trying to make the show a PSA

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-07, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Tyra is a racist!"
I just figured it was the least Tyra could do after sticking Saleshia with that awful make-over

livsforluv 113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-20-07, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail livsforluv Click to send private message to livsforluv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Tyra is a racist!"
I love the show in general but Tyra annoys the hell out of me. She seems like the bitchiest host on any of the shows. Her attitude is somewhat similar to Heidi Klum's for project runway but Tyra just seems more blunt which I don't like. I don't know about racist but I'll definitely say bitchy.

12-20-07, 08:46 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Tyra is a racist!"
id say bitchy with the facade of being nice and understanding
because to some girls she acts like there best friends
but some girls like Jenah get treated like dirt

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-07-08, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Tyra is a racist!"
I caught a lot of the modelthon airings, and as someone who hasn't really seen the show until now, I found it fascinating to watch.

And I guess I'm in the minority (pun intended) to say that I'm a white woman who found herself wanting (for the most part) the more ethnic woman at the end to win.

I thought Danielle should win mostly because I was impressed by her tenacity of getting the shot after being treated at the hospital. I turn the tables on Monique and Natasha, who both had similar issues in their seasons, and both could not perform like Danielle.

I wanted Saleisha to win the last season simply because I found her to be more polished than Chantal. I didn't care that Chantal was white like me. I thought she couldn't hold up like a pro as much as Saleisha. (And I don't hold that tulip photo against her!)

And I think you'll probably find a lot of viewers like me, who didn't once think of race before thinking of who they wanted to smack because they were immature and/or annoying.

And I do think Tyra knows how to spin the PR to make herself out to be compassionate. For the most part, it seems sincere, but there were times I found it hokey and contrived.

My favorite people in the show were the two "Jays". They were often the most fun to watch.

Lori

SexyBronzeDiva65 1 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-08, 01:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SexyBronzeDiva65 Click to send private message to SexyBronzeDiva65 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Tyra is a racist!"
Well Nurse when you finish your modeling career and get your own show then you can pick whomever YOU choose to be the winner regardless of race. It is so wonderful how everyone else wants to pick apart someone elses choices and their idea of beauty.

So let me know what network I can catch your show on N, I'll be sure to watch for all the "non-ethnic" winners.

01-16-08, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "WARNING"
Welcome to the forums. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines - there's a link at the top of the page.

While we allow positive and negative comments about shows and their participants, bashing other posters is strictly forbidden here. Please remember that in your future postings.

01-16-08, 05:56 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Tyra is a racist!"
Well "Diva", I guess you did not see my last post. As for your comment...
"It is so wonderful how everyone else wants to pick apart someone elses choices and their idea of beauty."

I thought Forums were where people discussed their opinions. My mistake.

01-16-08, 07:19 PM (EST)
21. "WARNING"
Actually, your mistake was assuming that the guideline about not criticizing/bashing other posters didn't apply to you. No bashing means no bashing - "she bashed me first" is definitely not an acceptable excuse here.

As our guidelines state, if someone else violates the guidelines, alert the mods and let us handle it. This was handled, so there was no reason for you to chime in and ignite a flame war. Our guidelines say don't start forest fires - please let the moderators handle violations instead of taking things into your own hands.

Marcy 7 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-08, 03:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Marcy Click to send private message to Marcy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Tyra is a racist!"
My god everyone get over it it's TV nothing on TV is all the way real your own local news is not all the way real...

01-19-08, 05:00 PM (EST)
23. "WARNING - Marcy"
Please read our community guidelines - there's a link at the top of the page.

Bashing other posters here is not permitted.

01-19-08, 05:02 PM (EST)
24. "Locking"
Since too many of the recent posts are pot shots at other posters instead of discussions of the show, I'm locking this thread. Please remember that once a discussion has been locked, the discussion is over unless you've received prior permission from the moderators.

Do not bash each other, if you wish to continue having posting priviledges here.

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •