The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Girls you just can't see winning the competition"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

ZnittyK 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-20-07, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ZnittyK Click to send private message to ZnittyK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Girls you just can't see winning the competition"
Has there ever been a girl in the competition who you just couldn't picture as America's Next Top Model? You just can't picture her winning the compeition. Not because of their potential or their lack of potential its just the fact that you can't see them winning.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Girls you just can't see winnin... SFM0407 09-21-07 1
   RE: Girls you just can't see winnin... ZnittyK 09-22-07 2
       RE: Girls you just can't see winnin... SFM0407 09-23-07 3
           RE: Girls you just can't see winnin... unknownauthor_anonymous 03-14-08 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SFM0407 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-21-07, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SFM0407 Click to send private message to SFM0407 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Girls you just can't see winning the competition"
Let me tell you...I get emotionally invested in this show! It's crazy because to know me you'd be shocked that I even like this show...I know NOTHING about fashion, photography, make-up or models and beyond a phase in sixth grade when Cindy Crawford was the "it" girl I have never wanted to be a model.

That said...there have been several girls that have been in the competition who I've looked at and gone "Really? Her?!?" Off the top of my head...Xiomarra (sp?, Amanda and Michelle (the twins), Megg, Furonda, and even my favorite ANTM Shandi. I didn't see, immediately, what Tyra had seen in them...a few photos later and I totally got it!

The girls I don't see winning as the show goes on are always the mean girls and the drama queens. Monique, Camille, Melrose, Renee...if one of these girls ever wins the competition I think that might be the last I ever watch of the show. The cycle that Caridee went up against Melrose had me sweating because OMG I HATED Melrose!! I actually yelled at the TV for joy when she lost because I loathed her so much. (Like I said, I get emotionally invested!) I don't care how good a picture they take, their character should be called into play...specifically because Tyra has been so vocal about her past issues with Naomi Campbell. You'd think she wouldn't want to send someone out there into the fashion world with that same nasty attitude!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ZnittyK 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-22-07, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ZnittyK Click to send private message to ZnittyK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Girls you just can't see winning the competition"
I get the same way at times. Then sometimes I just don't care LOL. I absolutely hated Melrose too. I didn't even see what the judges saw in her photos. Oh well. I could have wanted anyone except Melorse to win. In cycle 3 I couldn't see Norelle win. I thought she was very cute and she acted cute, but I just couldn't see her win the competition. In cycle 2 I couldn't see Camille win. I couldn't remember the cycle Bre was in if it was 5 or 6 but I couldn't see her winning. I didn't like Sara. Are you talking about 6 foot Sara who copied Jonie's poses on the Elephant? I couldn't see Furdona win. There are some people that whether I like them or not I can't see them winning. In cycle 8 I couldn't see anyone win. They all sucked in some way. Theres quite a few girls that I cant' see winning either.

Don't even get me started with Tyra and Naomi. Tyra is the type of person that always has to be right about something. ALWAYS! I remember in Cycle 3 when they took those beauty shots without make up. Kelly said that people always tell her she has nice skin. Tyra accused her of blaming the photographer and then tried to tell her she did blame the photographer. Then later on in the competition she told her that her strengths was her skin. I honestly didn't think she was trying to blame the photographer. I thought she was just saying how different it looks when you are looking at yourself from the outside. But Tyra just has to be right. She did the same thing with Naomi. She accused Naomi of saying something specific. I forgot exactly what it was and Naomi said she never said/did that and Tyra said "YES YOU DID." I mean come on Tyra you are not always right! Just because you see something your way doesn't mean that is the way it is. OMG! I used to love Tyra so much. I only like her about 25% now LOL.

BTW does anyone know which division of Ford Models is Bre signed to? Is she signed to their Commercial Division or their Fashion Division? I don't even get how she got signed by them.

SFM0407 15 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-07, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SFM0407 Click to send private message to SFM0407 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Girls you just can't see winning the competition"
See, I love Tyra (this show did it to me, BTW, never loved her before, LOL!) but I totally see what you mean about her having to be right. What bothers me about Tyra is how sometimes she gives advice that contradicts what she says. Like with six foot tall Sara (who, yeah, I referred to in my last post). She was really smart and Tyra is always going on and on about how models aren't stupid and brainless and blah blah blah and then she jumps all over Sara for saying things like "I'm smart" or "I'm intelligent" to describe herself instead of describing herself based on her looks. Then Tyra goes on and on about how about how she wants to help the girls with self esteem issues and then tells them that they're fat or ugly in a picture. WTF?

Cycle 8 was my least favorite of all. I felt the pictures and competitions were sort of boring and I really never felt any connection with any of the girls. I knew I hated Renee but never pulled for any one girl to win, KWIM? I really didn't like Natasha or Jaslene at all so that last episode was only fun for me to watch Renee get the boot. LOL...her face was PRICELESS!

unknownauthor_anonymous 20 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-08, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail unknownauthor_anonymous Click to send private message to unknownauthor_anonymous Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Girls you just can't see winning the competition"
i don't know who i could not see not win in any of the episodes.

it seemed as if part 8 was not going to have any one.

if jaslene had been sent home,

i was going to pick natasha.

antm 4. i could not have seen keenya win.
my pick would have been naima, kahlen, brittany, brita,
christina or even tiphany until she was sent home.

with antm 10 and 11? who knows.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •