The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE FROM ADRIANNE CURRY!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

ProudBLACKAmerican 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-25-07, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ProudBLACKAmerican Click to send private message to ProudBLACKAmerican Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE FROM ADRIANNE CURRY!!!"
INCASE ANYONE HASN'T SEEN IT YET....VIEW HER IGNORANT OUTRAGEOUS COMMENT HERE!

AND TYRA PICKED HER TO BE "AMERICA'S" NEXT TOP MODEL

'TOP MODEL' CURRY AGAINST BLACK HISTORY MONTH: Peter Brady's wife tells blacks to 'move the f*ck on' from slavery past.

September 25, 2007

*The day after she appeared with her husband Christopher Knight on "Dr. Phil" to discuss their drastic age difference (she's 25, he's 49), "America's Next Top Model" winner Adrianne Curry is making headlines for a blog entry that calls for the eradication of Black History Month.

In fact, she is against any entity that singles out a particular race, including Black Entertainment Television. She believes such avenues do more to separate the races than bring them together.

She wrote on her her MySpace blog that she's boycotting both Black History Month and BET. She says that yes, this country's enslavement of African-Americans "does suck some major balls," but suggests that blacks just get over it and "move the f**k on."

Here is her rant in its unedited entirety:

This is gonna be hard guys. I LOVE the comedians on BET. I also LOVE the fact that they play my favorite show of all time, In Living Color. However, I do not believe in seperating ANY RACE in America. WE ARE AMERICANS! How dare we have Black History Month! In my eyes, the Native Americans deserve it MUCH more, seeing how we destroyed their ENTIRE SOCIETY. There are hardly any of them left! They also have been proven to have the WORST living conditions on their reservations. I want AN AMERICAN HISTORY MONTH. One where we learn about EVERY race, ALL OF OUR LEADERS, EVERYONE! I think by having a month dedicated to one race, and not one for any other, is RACIST. Every fund set up to only help people of one race is SICK and RACIST.

Yes, I get it. Black people were slaves here once. You know what? That does suck some major balls, however, it is time to move the f**k on. Do we hear the Jews crying that they were made slaves for thousands of years? Do we hear them whine that they should OWN the pyramids in Egypt because THEY broke their backs making them? Do we hear them b*tch and moan about Hitler, etc? (my hubby is a Jew)Nope, we dont. It's time for us to UNITE AS ONE. I do not think that singling out one race, giving one race opportunities to go to college (I know a TON of poor white.asian, indian, american indian, etc etc that could use that too!), giving one race the EXCUSE to blame things on others for being whatever nationality they are, is a good way at making sure we NEVER kill racism.

I am over this sh*t. WE ALL CAME FROM ONE BLACK WOMAN FROM AFRICA, THAT is our EVE! It has been proven by science, and I stand by it. If any other race had a chanel dedicated to just them, we would think it was racist. If any other race demanded a month be set aside for ONLY them, they would be considered racist. I am NOT living by this double standard any longer

http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur37045.cfm

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE FROM AD... tvgeek401 09-26-07 1
   RE: WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE FROM AD... Kamio 09-26-07 2
 RE: WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE FROM AD... parachutes 10-04-07 3
   RE: WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE FROM AD... SFM0407 10-04-07 4
       RE: WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE FROM AD... qwertypie 10-04-07 5
           RE: WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE FROM AD... Peyton414 10-04-07 6
           RE: WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE FROM AD... mkh 10-30-07 8
       Adrienne appearance on ANTM in cycl... lynkfri13 10-30-07 9
   RE: WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE FROM AD... ettuT 11-01-07 12
 RE: WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE FROM AD... ZnittyK 10-04-07 7
 RE: WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE FROM AD... laura2821 10-31-07 10
   WARNING Bebo 10-31-07 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-26-07, 05:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE FROM ADRIANNE CURRY!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-26-07 AT 05:37 AM (EST)

So how are her comments outrageous and ignorant? Because she disagrees with you?

I'm sick of people trying to find 'Racism' in our country. They're trying to find situations that can be 'offensive'.
There is a racial divide in our country, and people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are only perpetuating that divide by creating controversy over everything.
I'm sick of people bringing race into everything.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Kamio 6 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-07, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kamio Click to send private message to Kamio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE FROM ADRIANNE CURRY!!!"
I for one am not sick of "people bringing race into everything" considering that I just came home from a campus forum about racism. Race plays a part in my life everyday. (I don't have the luxury for it not to). People who aren't minorities can say "why don't they just get over it" or "let's not talk about race", but they are just ignoring the problem. People would stop talking about race if there wasn't so much unjustice in the world today (yes, racism is still out there).
Adrienne sounds so ignorant. The reason, dear Adrienne (Dr. of psychology, sociology, and history), why there is a Black (or other group) History Month is because most history classes don't teach students about black history or of the accomplishments and struggles of these people. Many different people have contributed to the history of this country and they should be represented. So according to her, we shouldn't have a month or day or even TV channel to celebrate different groups. Good bye, every holiday! Maybe we should get rid of channels and shows devoted to subjects like Z-list celebrities and their lives. After all, celebreality is segregating a group of people from the larger whole. Right?
I also don't understand why she said that other groups don't get angry when they are wronged. Hasn't she heard how people are reacting towards Amber from Big Brother's comments about Jews or Rosie O'Donnell's joke on The View using a mock Asian language? Maybe these groups just don't have a big enough voice in America, but they are still complaining.
Even though she annoyed me, I believe that Adrienne should be able to say whatever she wants. The same laws that gave her that right also gave minorities the right to talk about race and oppression (or even perceived oppression).
Well, that's all I'm going to write. I have an 8 o'clock class tomorrow and shouldn't have even been wasting my time posting about a mannequin's ramblings!

parachutes 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-04-07, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail parachutes Click to send private message to parachutes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE FROM ADRIANNE CURRY!!!"
I have a feeling that Tyra regrets season one .. I noticed that in the intro to ANTM, they show all of the past seasons' winners . .and you see Yoanna, Eva, Naima, Nicole, Danielle, CariDee, Jaslene .. but no Adrianne.

SFM0407 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-04-07, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SFM0407 Click to send private message to SFM0407 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE FROM ADRIANNE CURRY!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-07 AT 10:55 AM (EST)

Season one is the only season that I haven't seen! The other seasons that I missed I have been able to catch in marathon form on VH1 or MTV...but they never show cycle 1. Interesting point there...and now that you mention it, you don't ever see Adrienne Curry anywhere in the show, though honestly she's the one you hear the most about lately what with her Dr. Phil appearances, the Surreal life, and then these dumb comments she's made. I think you may be right about Tyra not being proud of that cycle!

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-07, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE FROM ADRIANNE CURRY!!!"
Somewhere there is a link to an interview she did how she was abandonned by ANTM, couldn't get work and really slammed Tyra, et al. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Peyton414 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-04-07, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Peyton414 Click to send private message to Peyton414 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE FROM ADRIANNE CURRY!!!"
I saw that! she was completely ungrateful. I guess she didn't realize that it wasn't Tyra's job anymore to hold her hand. She got her start on ANTM but it was her turn to make a name for herself.

mkh 2 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-07, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mkh Click to send private message to mkh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE FROM ADRIANNE CURRY!!!"
I am so glad people are talking about adrianne, because I was just going to post on here and ask: what is the deal with adrianne not being in the opening credits? Not like I'm offended or anything, just extra curious. So, qwertypie (or anyone else...), if you could find this link you speak of, it would be much appreciated!!

lynkfri13 224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-30-07, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lynkfri13 Click to send private message to lynkfri13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Adrienne appearance on ANTM in cycle 2?"

>Season one is the only season
>that I haven't seen!
>The other seasons that I
>missed I have been able
>to catch in marathon form
>on VH1 or MTV...but they
>never show cycle 1.
>Interesting point there...and now that
>you mention it, you don't
>ever see Adrienne Curry anywhere
>in the show, though honestly
>she's the one you hear
>the most about lately what
>with her Dr. Phil appearances,
>the Surreal life, and then
>these dumb comments she's made.
> I think you may
>be right about Tyra not
>being proud of that cycle!
>
They finally showed cycle 1 ON MTV a few weeks ago. I really wasn't impressed with Adrienne. In fact, I didn't like many of the girls in that cycle, except maybe the pre-med student.

As for Adrienne never showing up on ANTM after cycle 1- I'm pretty sure that in cycle 2, Yohanna had dinner with her.
Unless I'm mistaken, which is easily possible.

Anyway, Adrienne,or whoever it was, was bragging about her photo shoots, and name dropping like crazy.

So, if it was her, she doesn't have any reason to say ANTM didn't give her a push into the spotlight. It's her own fault if she couldn't take it from there, and make a career.

ettuT 77 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-07, 02:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ettuT Click to send private message to ettuT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE FROM ADRIANNE CURRY!!!"
Maybe no one has notice but none of these girls has a modeling career of any worth. What Adrianne has done is make the most of what she is and that is a reality tv celebrity.
The other girls are totally dependent on Tyra. She has them on her talk show, make appearances on antm but its all sad.

ZnittyK 93 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-07, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ZnittyK Click to send private message to ZnittyK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE FROM ADRIANNE CURRY!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-07 AT 04:44 PM (EST)

Well I really don't want to get into this but I will give my opinion.

History is very debatable to me. So I won't get into that. Adrienne doesn't know what shes talking about. She is singling out Black people like we are the only ethnicity that experiences racism. She's singling us out like we are the only ones with holidays and other types of dedications. Y'all may get mad but most black people don't even care about that anymore. Yes, I am black and I'm saying it. Most black people just don't care. I have been hearing about Hispanic Heritage month or week or something like that all week long last week. Hispanics have their own channels too. Every year the Puerto Rican Day parade always gets a lot of press. I don't here her saying trash about that. I live in New York, and everytime the Jewish Holiday comes around someone attacks their neighborhood in Brooklyn. Oh and lets not forget terrorism. Just about every Arab person is looked at as a terrorist. I remember the day 9/11 happened. I was in High School, when I came back to school that Monday someone spray painted on the wall something very racist about Arabs. So yes there is racism all over. I mean come on. Whats with this girl. Just because her "hubby" is Jewish doesn't mean that other Jews don't talk about whats happened to them in their history. Jewish people get their holidays too. Although I don't pay much attention to any holidays (too many to keep up with) I think Native Americans and the Asians need more props too.

If she has a problem with having funds to support certain races, she should take her "celebrity status" and create a her own fund. People talk and complain but what are they doing to solve the problem? This is the same girl who knows TON's of poor people from other races but instead of starting a charity fund to help them she complains and wines about it. Does that make her any better? Are you looking for someone else to do it Adrienne? If you see something wrong try to make a difference instead of chasing after 49 year old men. This is the same girl that talks junk about Tyra and ANTM not helping her with her modeling career because she just thinks every thing is supposed to magically happen. She is responsible for herself and getting out there on her own. Do you know how many women are signed on to these top agencies each year? Very little. She is ungrateful. I don't take her seriously at all. Shes a joke to me. While she was on Surreal life and My Fair Brady she could have taken her money and started something to help poor people of other races. The reality show would have been a great way to promote it.

Maybe she's just mad because Tyra didn't include her in the opening credits LMAO!

I'm finished. I said my piece. I don't feel like arguing about this.

laura2821 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-07, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail laura2821 Click to send private message to laura2821 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE FROM ADRIANNE CURRY!!!"
Honestly it is not a slap in the face unless you are the ignorant one. Black people were not the only slaves... there were Irish, Asian, and many other slaves. Black people are the only ones that want retribution for it. I am sick of the complaints. None of the slavery hurt anyone living right now... it has been over with for awhile and I dont think that because you are black you can stand up and complain about how bad us white people are. It isnt common for white people to be racist or discriminatory and recently blacks are more racist. If you believe that all us white people are out to get you and you want something for all the trouble that your ancestors had then I want the money that my ancestors paid to get you to America and you can pack your ##### back to Africa. If it is soo bad here then you are welcome to leave. I am not racist and i dont discrimate i have friends of all races but seriously if i went off and said well i think it should be white history month everyone knows there would be some crazy battle so cut the #####.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-31-07, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "WARNING"
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-07 AT 02:41 PM (EST)

Laura, please take a moment to read our community guidelines - there is a link at the top of the page. It clearly states on those guidelines to Help Prevent Forest Fires. While you may claim not to be a racist, telling someone to pack their *** back to Africa is not an acceptable statement on these forums and is most certainly considered incendiary.

Bashing other posters is not allowed here either, which is what you did when implying that the original poster was ignorant. If you cannot respectfully respond to another's post, then please don't respond at all. And if you think another poster has crossed the line specified in our community guidelines, then alert the moderators by pressing the alert button and let us handle it, instead of fueling the fires for a flame war by responding yourself.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •