The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Random Thoughts on the Premier of Season 8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-01-07, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Random Thoughts on the Premier of Season 8"
Oh, excuse me...CYCLE 8. Note that I never remember anyone's name until halfway through the season so I just make up little monikers. Sort of like Flav R Flav and Noo York.

1. Babymomma Blonde Chick - Go home and spend time with your kid. I am fvcking tired of the "I'm only here to better my infant's life!" -- like there is no other job, no other way to support one's self, then appearing on a reality show to become a model and travel all the time and live in a phat pad. You have the time, the ego, the looks? Be a model. You want to be a mommy? Get a real job. Notice how Heidi Klum, et al waited til they RETIRED to have that sprog? There are a lot of careers that work well with motherhood; modelling ain't one of them. Sorry to philibuster but every season there's some new babymomma "doing it for her child." If this gal tears up and mentions the brat again I will hurl a stiletto through the screen. I would not have been able to keep my thoughts to myself when she started getting all judgmental had I been Photographer Blonde Chick.

2. Photographer Blonde Chick - If you had such potential and such connections and all this movie and tv experience, how come the big modelling career has not already happened? STFU already.

3. I really liked the girl who got bounced last night. I would have much preferred the vapid Russian Mail Order Bride or Babymomma getting the boot.

4. I still want Nigel.

5. The cover of Twiggy was notable in that, at 16-1/2, her NAME was so well known that it is the big print cover caption (TWIGGY models for us!!!!). Although she bores for England on this show, I can't understate how much of a modeling phenomenon she was back in the day - she absolutely embodied Pop. Edie Sedgwick wanted to look like Twiggy, not the other way round.

6. Tattoo girl reject - did you really think makeup artists at fashion shoots world-wide are going to want to slap the panstick over that ANATOMICALLY CORRECT HEART TATTOO each and every time? A pity, because you were pritty.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier ... prosecutor 03-01-07 1
 RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier ... LisaPles 03-01-07 2
 Ep. 1: Beasts & Beatches CattyChat 03-01-07 3
 RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier ... Das Mole 03-01-07 4
   RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier ... RonReports 03-05-07 10
 RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier ... Tiggertramp 03-01-07 5
 RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier ... toddE 03-01-07 6
   RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier ... JD8 03-01-07 7
       RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier ... MsDeeVeeAns 03-06-07 11
 RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier ... AshLanie 03-02-07 8
 RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier ... amea_gari 03-04-07 9
   RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier ... MsDeeVeeAns 03-06-07 12
 RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier ... Magnolia_Rocker 03-06-07 13
   RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier ... MsDeeVeeAns 03-06-07 14
       RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier ... Magnolia_Rocker 03-06-07 15
       WARNING - MsDeeVeeAns Bebo 03-06-07 16
           RE: WARNING - MsDeeVeeAns MsDeeVeeAns 03-07-07 17
       RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier ... amea_gari 03-07-07 18
       RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier ... AshLanie 03-08-07 19
           RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier ... Snidget 03-08-07 20
               RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier ... AshLanie 03-08-07 21
                   RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier ... tamarama 03-11-07 25
           RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier ... MsDeeVeeAns 03-11-07 23
 RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier ... slw531 03-08-07 22
   RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier ... MsDeeVeeAns 03-11-07 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-01-07, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier of Season 8"
Ginger, I agree. I was disapointed the phog girl did not get booted. Any way I think Tyra and the judges felt the girl they sent home was "slow" and they did not want to embarrass her further.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-01-07, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier of Season 8"
>1. Babymomma Blonde Chick -
>If this gal tears up and mentions the
>brat again I will hurl
>a stiletto through the screen.

I agree. I'm going to have one at the ready to hurl next week.

>2. Photographer Blonde Chick -
>STFU already.

Her personality really bugged me. Like when she said "I know what I want and I go get it" (or some such BS). Take it easy, at 20 years old I don't think you have been around the block yet. She is too short and unattractive to be ANTM.

>4. I still want Nigel.

Me too!

>6. Tattoo girl reject -
>did you really think makeup
>artists at fashion shoots world-wide
>are going to want to
>slap the panstick over that
>ANATOMICALLY CORRECT HEART TATTOO each
>and every time?

That tattoo was so awful! I can't believe so many model wannabees with all the tattoos.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-01-07, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Ep. 1: Beasts & Beatches"
I'm right with you, Ginger. Here's my assessment of "Beasts & Beatches" Season 8 Premier . . .

The Beasts

Jael - I'm sorry, but the face, the body (pear shaped) & the speaking are beastly. I can't see anything that will make her pretty, let alone model material.

Jaslene - She is fugly in person. She looked better
trying out last season. What has she done in the last year, smoked crack? She aged 10 years! Her face is REALLY bad. I was shocked her photo was so great, though. If this year's look is cracky, she has a chance to win.

Cassandra - The makeover portion may help her, losing the terrible weave. Her meat photo was okay, but that face is borderline for me.

Brittany - Her fur photo was okay and she's one of the least beastly.

Felicia "Baby Tyra" - Her photo "covering up that fivehead" was one of the better ones. She has pretty parts: Eyes, mouth, facial structure from the nose down. She looks alien with the hiiiiiiiigh forehead and pointy chin in combo, though.

Kathleen - Poor dimwitted Kathleen. She was funny to listen to, but it was sad as well. Poor girl. Her face was nice, but that hair was out of control. Too bad she didn't last to the makeover. She had potential.

The Beatches!!!!

Renee - What a passive aggressive snag!! She has a son & husband? I'd hate to be either of them. Does she like anyone other than herself? I was shocked at her level of "cattiness." She is definitely the Queen B this season. She needs to be medicated to control her radical mood swings.
Post-partum depression maybe?

Sarah - Another snobby know-it-all who needs to snap back to reality. She won't go far if she keeps up the 'tude, if Nigel has anything to say about it. There is potential if she'd shut her pie hole and listen and get some life into her photos.

The Beasticthes (A bit of both)

Dionne - Desperately in need of makeover, definite potential as a model. Slight cattiness shown. Will she be nasty or nice? Not sure.

Natasha - That hair and that skin are really, REALLY beastly. She's like a female Scar (Lion King). She has potential in the looks department with a skin care regimen & anything different with that ratty hair. Shocked she's so b!tchy. Now, I'll give her a tiny bit of slack for the differences in culture. I'm not from Russia, but I also think models and "ladies" shouldn't be so crude as to belch & fart all over the place. However, she is way too full of herself. Honey, you are too much of a beast right now to consider yourself pretty, let alone a model.

The Contenders

Diana - She's not a Beast and so far seems a far cry from being a Beatch. She's proportioned great for "plus size" modeling. She could definitely benefit from a makeover to lose that drab hair color/style. Hopefully Tyra does her justice with the makeover.

Samantha - She's different looking & could go either way. Her photo was great. A makeover should take her to the next level. Definite possibilities.

Whitney - Her photo was beastly, but I'll give her a bye on that. She is a beautiful girl with a great personality so far. Diana has the better body type, but Whitney outshines her in looks & personality at the moment. I can't wait to see how these two progress post-makeovers and with more experience.

One nation, under Romber...

Das Mole 2364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-01-07, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier of Season 8"
I suppose I will rank mine in order of preference...

Samantha - Best face, amazing profile. Doesn't seem to have a personality yet, but perhaps she'll get one soon.

Whitney - Great skin, wonderful personality. Didn't take too great of a photo but I think she'd have a good chance at being the first plus-sized winner, if Tyra would ever let a plus-size win, which unfortunately she won't.

Jael - Yeah, she was a complete doofus but she has the most interesting look out of everyone. Seems like a nice person, if she can un-"goon"-ify herself, she'd be much better off.

Dionne - I thought she took one of the best photos of the bunch, better than the judges gave her credit for.

Cassandra - Took a good photo, but it appeared, at least to me, to be more of a lucky shot than anything else. Might be able to pull it out again, I'm not sure.

Diana - Nice girl, not sure if she can work the camera enough, though.

Jaslene - Rocked the photo, yes, but seeing her in the "audition" process for so long really took a toll on my opinion of her. I don't even consider her a serious contestant, it's just like...a member of the Final 33 that managed to get stuck in more episodes than the rest.

Brittany - I don't really care for her. Too weird, her photo wasn't as great as the judges made it out to be (in my opinion), and...I don't know. Something about her bugs me. Her head is kinda squatty, too.

Felicia - No, you do not look like Tyra Banks. Give it up. Her head is too small for her body, and her nose is too far down on her face. Get rid of her.

Natasha - Gold-digging ho that isn't even goodlooking. Manly jaw from a head-on shot, and she's completely clueless in front of the camera. Not to mention her dumbass "Russia I am from, I will win and not the rest of the girls and they lose will." With her cheesy, fake giggle/chuckle/maniacal laughter. Give me a break.

Sarah - SHUT UP. You pretentious moron. "Well, I've done Chanel shoots and walked down the runway a ton of times and like...I've modeled tons of times before but I really want to be a photographer and blah blah blah" *Continues to yammer on for 50 minutes* WE GET IT. YOU THINK YOU'RE GREAT. Too bad you're not.

Renee - Can you say bipolar? Half the time it's "oh boohoo I'm here for my son to give him a better life than I had and I know I can do better and this is all I have..." and the other half it's "well I'm going to say what's on my mind and nobody's going to stop me. And those challenges were unfair! I mean...Jael goes to thrift stores and Sarah's a photographer, so it's completely not even fair and ....." What a jerk.

Eliminated - Kathleen - I liked her. Yeah, she was clueless and her photo had no "meaning" in it, but she took a far prettier picture than most of the girls still in. They should've given her another shot.

Although... I think Erica's ten times better than all of these girls.

RonReports 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-05-07, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RonReports Click to send private message to RonReports Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier of Season 8"
Tyra was making a statement by having two plus sized models among the thirteen contestants and by not eliminating one of them in the first week. A plus sized model could win if she was much prettier than these two contestants. If either of them did win, it would kill off America's Next Top Model. The series would have jumped the shark.

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-01-07, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier of Season 8"
I just have to say that I *heart* Gingikins, and totally agree with your #4.

Woof!!

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat And Icey bounced me! Yippee!!
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-01-07, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier of Season 8"
Ginger!

I agree, Kathleen was my favorite and I was surprised to see her go. Clearly her dumbness is what doomed her. I thought she was very pretty.

But at least there are a number of pretty and model-y girls this season, unlike last season when I only ever liked the twins.

I also agree that Renee the babymomma was reedonkulous and should have probably been booted. "Doing it for my baby." Yes, that's what every baby needs-a model for a mother. Puh-leez, get out!

I kind of like the photographer girl, though.

And I kind of like the girl trying out for the second time, though she is a little mannish.

And Jael is crackish. But that's not necessarily going to hurt her.

I could really do without the girl who thinks she's Tyra. She is not. Not even.

And the pro-fur girl looked very very nice in her photo.

So I think this may be better than last season, which won't be hard. I am still bummed that pretty, retarded Kathleen got cut so fast.

JD8 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-01-07, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JD8 Click to send private message to JD8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier of Season 8"
Kathleen Clueless doesn't even begin to describe Kathleen "Ya right I didn't get it" .. "Like I am not going to go home and sit on the couch like a potato (pronounced patato) like a giant couch potato"

I swear the girls was missing for than a few cards from her deck that is for sure. Her family should be mortified that she was on television ... I mean they kicked her off because she was stupid. That was the best part about the whole show.

MsDeeVeeAns 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-06-07, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MsDeeVeeAns Click to send private message to MsDeeVeeAns Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier of Season 8"
>Kathleen Clueless doesn't even begin to
>describe Kathleen "Ya right I
>didn't get it" .. "Like
>I am not going to
>go home and sit on
>the couch like a potato
>(pronounced patato) like a giant
>couch potato"
>
>I swear the girls was missing
>for than a few cards
>from her deck that is
>for sure. Her family should
>be mortified that she was
>on television ... I mean
>they kicked her off because
>she was stupid. That was
>the best part about the
>whole show.

I AGREE!
ANTM is trying to get rid of that 'myth' that models are stupid..No one should be rewarded for not having a basic ability to comunicate. She was cute and that is all..if she was my daughter I would be shamed big time.

But no child of mine could possibly be that unintelligent. !!!! ;))

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-02-07, 07:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier of Season 8"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-07 AT 07:34 AM (EST)

Where do they get these *Ladies* from?

Are they really from parents that are proud?

I was really really hoping there was a double elimination (Thought they always started with 12 not 13 as they did last night?) and the russian girl and the mommy would both be gone.

I don't understand th Mommy saying she is doing this for her baby (Acting like she needs the money to support the little one). Her hubby is military which means a steady income each month. I wonder how her hubby feels her saying this all the time on national tv making it seem as if he is a worthless provider.

And the russion..shrug......what a strange strange person. She says at 18 she married a 40 year old American citizen but at 20 doesn't say if she is still married to him. Bet not, most of the mail order brids divorce/keave their spouses after the two year requirement claiming abuse as the factor.

One of two Laws regarding mail order brides:

Your bride then has to apply for an Immigrant Visa as well. However this is a conditional visa and the couple must remain together for at least 2 years before they can apply to have conditionality removed.36

Like other mail order brides who call foul after marrying a male they can't even communicate with I can see her (in future shows) claiming he abused her as many do to get out of the marriage. Most claims of abuse come after the two year waiting period.

The 20 year old self proclaimed professional photogarapher is hmmmmm......an exagerator maybe? Per her she has lived a lifetime of careers in a short span of time.

And what was with the opening of the show?????

Shakes head.....Tyra was right when she said the first go round of pics were the worst...

But she should have added that this years opening was by far one of the strangest for any given reality show.

Only redeeming part of the show this season is the house isn't all about Tyra as it was last year with her pics plasted all over..

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-07, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier of Season 8"
Natasha comes off as one of these people who is a complete parrot. I think everything she learned about America came from whatever TV and movies she managed to get a hold of in Russia, and she's been molding herself after those images. Everything she says and does comes off as affected and disingenuous. She has laid out these rules for herself. Ladies do this, they don't do that, they act like this, they walk like this-- I mean did you see her walk? It was over the top. And the way she acted when she was 'modeling' reminded me of a 5 year old playing at it.
She's an awkward little girl in an unfamiliar world that she -thinks- she understands.

03-06-07, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MsDeeVeeAns Click to send private message to MsDeeVeeAns Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier of Season 8"
>Natasha comes off as one of
>these people who is a
>complete parrot. I think everything
>she learned about America came
>from whatever TV and movies
>she managed to get a
>hold of in Russia, and
>she's been molding herself after
>those images. Everything she says
>and does comes off as
>affected and disingenuous. She has
>laid out these rules for
>herself. Ladies do this, they
>don't do that, they act
>like this, they walk like
>this-- I mean did you
>see her walk? It was
>over the top. And the
>way she acted when she
>was 'modeling' reminded me of
>a 5 year old playing
>at it.
>She's an awkward little girl in
>an unfamiliar world that she
>-thinks- she understands.

I totally agree with your posts but rather than diss her for it try to empathize with what it must be like to have do what she has done to get where she is????

I think she has a great look BUT is too short.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-06-07, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier of Season 8"
Completely agree with your thoughts Ginger!

And may I had that the winner of America's Next Top Model should at least be able to "say" America's Next Top Model. *cough*Natasha*cough*

A Tribe Original!

03-06-07, 01:49 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier of Season 8"
>Completely agree with your thoughts Ginger!
>
>
>And may I had that the
>winner of America's Next Top
>Model should at least be
>able to "say" America's Next
>Top Model. *cough*Natasha*cough*
>
>
>A Tribe Original!

Yanno what confuses me..is this woman is wanting to so badly be American that I think some of you lost the point...you guys that hate on Natasha do know the history of the Statue of Liberty right?

If some of you were paying attention you would see that she is paying all Americans the ultimate compliment...

She wants to be just like YOU ....

marinate on that

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-06-07, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier of Season 8"
Ya know. I and everyone else are entitled their opinions. I flat out don't like the girl based on her attitude thus far so I don't need to "marinate" on anything. She could be my next door neighbor born and raised in the USA and I still wouldn't like her.

A Tribe Original!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-07, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "WARNING - MsDeeVeeAns "
Speaking of paying attention - our guidelines clearly state that bashing other posters is not permitted here. Disagree with the opinion, but don't criticize the poster who has a different opinion.

03-07-07, 08:40 AM (EST)
17. "RE: WARNING - MsDeeVeeAns "
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-07 AT 08:41 AM (EST)

>Speaking of paying attention - our
>guidelines clearly state that bashing
>other posters is not permitted
>here. Disagree with the
>opinion, but don't criticize the
>poster who has a different
>opinion.

Are YOU serious? Where is the insult or bashing ? Maybe YOU have an issue with cultural differnces in speaking?

Please point it out as I cannot see what YOU are talking about.

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-07, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier of Season 8"
The affectations are not why I am not terribly fond of Natasha. In fact I didn't mean to diss her when I summed her up.
It's that she comes across as rather full of herself and seems to think she understands American culture better than Americans, when really, she only grasps some superficial elements. It's obnoxious.
But she's young, and many people are obnoxious when they're young. I think when she has some years on her, maybe she'll understand who she is. Right now, though, she just seems desperate. It's more sad than anything.

03-08-07, 07:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier of Season 8"
>>Completely agree with your thoughts Ginger!
>>
>>
>>And may I had that the
>>winner of America's Next Top
>>Model should at least be
>>able to "say" America's Next
>>Top Model. *cough*Natasha*cough*
>>
>>
>>A Tribe Original!
>
>
>Yanno what confuses me..is this
>woman is wanting to so
>badly be American that
>I think some of you
>lost the point...you guys that
>hate on Natasha do know
>the history of the Statue
>of Liberty right?
>
>If some of you were paying
>attention you would see that
>she is paying all Americans
>the ultimate compliment...
>
>She wants to be just like
>YOU ....
>
>marinate on that

I'm marinating on the fact that it doesn't matter where one comes from.....it does matter to have some couth....natasha is rude and feels she is better than all others.

All she is a dime store whore who married her *daddy* (she was 18, he was 40 per her own words) in order to get to the U.S.

I am waiting on her sad ars story about how she is seperated and ot divorced now from her hubby because he abused her. Most mail order brides do this in order to stay here but not be married anymore.

She is lucky none of the other ladies have thrown this fact right back into her face. But guess the ladies are too *rude* to do this.

I wonder if she is even a citizen? Can one be a Top AMERICAN Model and not be a citizen?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-07, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier of Season 8"
It's not be the next top "american" model.

It's America's Next top model.

I thought there was a fair number of non-Americans have been top models in the US.

03-08-07, 05:44 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier of Season 8"
>It's not be the next top
>"american" model.
>
>It's America's Next top model.
>
>I thought there was a fair
>number of non-Americans have been
>top models in the US.
>

Maybe there ahs been but never in the seven cycles of this show....I was under the impression (from 3 cycles ago) that the contestants must be a citizen of the U.S in answer to a Canadian asking if Canadinas could try out.

shrug

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-11-07, 02:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier of Season 8"
>>I was under the impression (from 3 cycles ago) that the contestants must be a citizen of the U.S<<

This makes me think of when Hok of Sick Step was cut from SYTYCD last summer because he had problems with his visa/green card/whichever document. He was classified as a student, and unable to "work" in the U.S. I would assume similar classification would be required for anyone appearing on a reality show.

However, I believe if she's married to a U.S. citizen, she should be good -- yes?

(fwiw, I'm with several of you...don't care that she's 'foreign' - DO care that she's a dense snot)

03-11-07, 00:19 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier of Season 8"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-07 AT 00:36 AM (EST)

>>>>
>
>>
>
>I wonder if she is even
>a citizen? Can one
>be a Top AMERICAN Model
>and not be a citizen?
>

It does matter where she came from....ANTM is not just about USA it is about the worlds fashion industry...most models in Europe do not even speak English as a first language...so there is cultural bias here in USA.

I do not think she thinks she is all that I think it is her low self esteem doing that projection...

I find your mysogyny sad... and how could any one throw it in her face, most USA people do not know about world affairs so what could they say?

I would hope Tyra made sure she is a citizen, she did get married afterall...

slw531 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-08-07, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail slw531 Click to send private message to slw531 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier of Season 8"
Ginger, I couldn't agree with you more. All of these overly confident girls aren't nearly as confident as they keep saying they are. I mean you would think they should all be famous at this point because they are so great. I love the looks on their faces when the judges tell them the real deal.

03-11-07, 00:31 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Random Thoughts on the Premier of Season 8"
I find this cycle has no energy....there is no personality ... no strong women that stand out on their own....I might not keep watching it

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •