The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

preraph 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-06-06, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail preraph Click to send private message to preraph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-06 AT 09:34 PM (EST)

I suppose this is petty, but ever since Caridee asked the judge if he'd just pulled that stick out of his butt, I've been rooting for her. It might not have been so funny if he weren't so stiff and serious.

I'm glad she had this triumph. I know not all pretty girls have it easy growing up, but this one really knows what it's like to be on the other side and how big of a role model she can and will be, and I'm happy for that.

And of course, Melrose was the most two-faced person on earth, so who could possibly root for her? I've had lots of trouble with her suck-up kind. And I didn't think she was that pretty, really, but she did do a good job sometimes.

And one more thing. It looked to me like Caridee's final scary walk was just like Ms. J's, who I guess (and for what reason I can't imagine) they're supposed to watch and imitate, so I don't think she should have been penalized for acting the fool exactly as he did.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... Real_Knowz_Real 12-06-06 1
 RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... toothfairy 12-06-06 2
   RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... crs3192 12-06-06 3
   RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... tvgeek401 12-07-06 4
       RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... eire_heart74 12-07-06 5
           RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... courtney_kx_7 12-07-06 10
 RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... AshLanie 12-07-06 6
   RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... nazpink 12-07-06 7
       RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... Boettcha3 12-12-06 12
       RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... MsDeeVeeAns 12-15-06 15
 RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... Bravehart 12-07-06 8
   RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... MsDeeVeeAns 12-15-06 16
       RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... amea_gari 12-16-06 17
           RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... MsDeeVeeAns 12-30-06 20
               Stop it, both of you Bebo 12-30-06 24
 RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... reealiteefan 12-07-06 9
   RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... MsDeeVeeAns 12-30-06 21
 RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... Boettcha3 12-12-06 11
   RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... Boettcha3 12-12-06 13
 RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... MsDeeVeeAns 12-15-06 14
   RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... jezzabby 12-27-06 18
       RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... MsDeeVeeAns 12-30-06 22
           RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... jezzabby 12-30-06 23
               RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... MsDeeVeeAns 02-25-07 26
 RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... CHELSEA101 12-28-06 19
 RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who kno... YellowBulldozer 01-01-07 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Real_Knowz_Real 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-06-06, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Real_Knowz_Real Click to send private message to Real_Knowz_Real Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
my thoughts exactly about that final scary walk...i thought the same thing...that she did exactly wat Ms. Jackie did, if anything, Ms. J. was a lot scarier, lol!

AND AGAIN WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FOR CARI DEE!!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

toothfairy 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-06, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toothfairy Click to send private message to toothfairy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
Give me a break....Caridee was so fake !! She acted like a two year old. She did not deserve to win this. She is very pretty but she was in the bottom two several times. She disrespected a photographer ( they should of booted her for that) Melrose wanted it more and worked harder. Wasn't it funny they didn't show any of the pics where Caridee was bad when they compared the pics. Like the one where she was floating in space, etc. I think they had their minds made up before the final runway and had to pull something together quick when Caridee bombed on the runway. How is a model going to model if she can't do runway. And .....she hasn't been able to thru the entire show. The only thing she is good at is acting like a buffoon. Just my take. Melrose should of won.

crs3192 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-06-06, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crs3192 Click to send private message to crs3192 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
Wow. This is exactly how I feel. Melrose lost because she didn't WANT IT? Are they kidding? They were looking for excuses just as they were looking only for the best pics of Cari and the worst pics of Melrose. Ugh.

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-07-06, 05:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
I disagree. I don't think the judges intentionally showed the photos in which Melrose was worse than Caridee.
In the 'flying through space' photo, the judges liked Caridee's picture better than Melrose's, but were concerned about her ability (or lack thereof) to follow instructions.

I thought Melrose took good photos, too, and she walked runway better than Caridee, but in the end, I like Caridee better. She seemed more real than Melrose. Melrose may know and love fashion better than Caridee, but passion can only take you so far and raw talent will take over in the end.
I was actually hoping Melrose would win for the first half of the season, but I eventually got sick of her fake persona and enjoyed seeing Caridee's weaknesses.

--gotta love Tribe and his awesome siggies!

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-07-06, 07:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
There was something about Melrose that I just didn't care for. And I think that the judges felt the same. She's very over the top and that got old really really fast. Speaking of old, she looks to old to model. As horrible as that seems, I think they were being pratical.

Not wanting it? I don't believe that. She did want it. However do they admit they kept her arround for the drama she created and ignored the fact that she looked old in every pic she took? They can't say in the final show "oh she looked old" when she looked old every week.

courtney_kx_7 9 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-06, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail courtney_kx_7 Click to send private message to courtney_kx_7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
LAST EDITED ON 12-07-06 AT 04:01 PM (EST)

i agree melrose wanted it but she looked to old!! barker often said i dont care for mel cause i think she is to old to be a model. but melrose did take great pictures. she knew alot about the fashion industry. caridee was raw. i could tell she had a passion 4 it. and she had pure talent. melrose looked she rehearsed everything she said. melrose was a total pain tot the other girls. she acted as if she had no manners towards them. you dont have to make friends but you can atleast be polite and nice. i have to give it to melrose she did win alot of challenges but caridee had the talent.

GO CARIDEE

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-07-06, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
The highlight of this otherwise terrible season was the stick comment made by Carridee. She may have been joking but her words rang so true. But I feel that comment, even though it was a suppose joke should have penalized Caridee alot more than it did. Seems the comment went to the wayside in the final analysis.

I like Caridee and wished her to win but being a realist as I am Melrose should have won.

Melrose by far won many of the comps and was consistantly good in her pics.

Even when listening to Tyra's and the other judges comment most were in favor of Melrose. So, who changed whose minds in the final analysis for Caridee to win?

Has this show become a platform for Tyra to keep her aging self in the limelight? I feel so, look at the house they stayed in. I mean, how egotistical can one be to have pitcs of themselves all over?

This show is not about the ladies anymore......it's all about the aging people in the industry: tyra, the judges, etc.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-07-06, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
I personally like Caridee, but there were things about her performances that made me feel she shouldn't have won. It's one thing to be bitchy but it's another to act like a fool and make others wonder if one is even capable of pulling off a career. Not only was this Caridee's problem but she couldn't even do runway....and I don't care what Ms. Jay ran down that runway doing....Caridee should have known better. After all she only got warned about every week not to behave in that fashion!

As for Melrose...all I seem to be hearing and reading is how undeserving she is because people dislike her. How does that make Melrose undeserving? Melrose acted professionally during photo shoots and challenges, won challenges, took pretty good photos with little instruction from Jay and had one of the better speaking qualities in the competition. Jay was right....Melrose was being punished for how much she knew rather than being another one of Tyra's charity cases. That's why Melrose didn't win....Tyra wants the public to think that she's a model momma who takes on awkward girls and turns them into stars! Puleeeeeez!

To Caridee: honey sorry you won this competition because you aren't a bad person or model but you won't make it.

To Melrose: thank the heavens that you got exposure and a free portfolio and run!

Boettcha3 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-12-06, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boettcha3 Click to send private message to Boettcha3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
honestly, not sure any of the girls from any seasons ever get anything better than a covergirl ad. its sad that they work so hard for practically nothing.

MsDeeVeeAns 112 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-06, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsDeeVeeAns Click to send private message to MsDeeVeeAns Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
wuzzup wizzat
That's why Melrose didn't win....Tyra wants the public to think that she's a model momma who takes on awkward girls and turns them into stars! Puleeeeeez!

whooooosh 3 points......

There were things about MEL that irked me but I knew that she had to be that way to not internalize the rejection and immaturity of the other girls...she is the strongest in my books

Cari- if you trip on the runway and chip your teefs...well call it kharma...

Bravehart 264 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-07-06, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravehart Click to send private message to Bravehart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
I was hoping Caridee would win since the beginning! I live in Winnipeg and visit Fargo often. Way to go Fargo girl!

12-15-06, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsDeeVeeAns Click to send private message to MsDeeVeeAns Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
>I was hoping Caridee would win
>since the beginning! I live
>in Winnipeg and visit Fargo
>often. Way to go Fargo
>girl!
>
>
>
>

wuzzup wizzat
BRAVEHEART is my fav movie based on my people... what a crying shame you have such an opinion yet carry the power of my culture that could not possibly support the likes of someone as weak as Caridee.

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-16-06, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
I didn't know the Scottish were into ebonics.

If you really want to be a sheep, I can point you to a shepherd.

12-30-06, 08:18 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
>I didn't know the Scottish were
>into ebonics.
>
>
>If you really want to
>be a sheep, I can
>point you to a shepherd.
>

wuzzup wizzat

did you assume I was 100% white? shame on you ...

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-30-06, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Stop it, both of you"
These forums are for discussing the show and its participants, not for sniping at each other.

reealiteefan 103 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-06, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail reealiteefan Click to send private message to reealiteefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
I, for one, thought this was the most lackluster season of the show. No one girl really stood out as a strong personality, a strong competitor.

As for the poor runway walks, everyone had a walk that needed refining; it's not just Caridee's performance that was lacking.

But TWO BLONDES as the final competitors? There was very little to distinguish between them. Eugena was there for contrast, but I've always had problems with her complexion and that unrealistically long straight hair that screamed WEAVE.

I think Top Model is winding down; seven seasons is a good run, though.

12-30-06, 08:19 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"

editted

>I, for one, thought this was
>the most lackluster season of
>the show. No one
>girl really stood out as
>a strong personality, a strong
>competitor.
>
>>
>I think Top Model is winding
>down; seven seasons is a
>good run, though.

wuzzup wizzat

agreed R Tyra must ahave scraped the bottom for this season....

12-12-06, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boettcha3 Click to send private message to Boettcha3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
i agree about the walk thing- she definitely did fine adn they gave her too much slack for doing exactly what miss jay did. I liked that she was a down to earth girl who is a fresh face for the industry.

12-12-06, 06:08 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
although nothing will ever happen with her contract and we will barely see her except for next seasons "My life as a cover girl.' But thats whats to be expected for all of the winners these days.

12-15-06, 07:54 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
LAST EDITED ON 12-15-06 AT 07:54 PM (EST)

wuzzup wizzat
CARIDEE should have been sent home after that rude comment which revealed her true fugly self.

jezzabby 5 desperate attention whore postings

12-27-06, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jezzabby Click to send private message to jezzabby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
Since when is having a sense of humour, but bad judgement "fugly"? At least is showed that she was human, and capable of making mistakes, even though she is on TV! Being 2-faced is showing ones "fugly" side!

12-30-06, 08:21 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
>Since when is having a sense
>of humour, but bad judgement
>"fugly"? At least is showed
>that she was human, and
>capable of making mistakes, even
>though she is on TV!
>Being 2-faced is showing ones
>"fugly" side!

wuzzup wizzat

I did not see it as funny I seen it for what she is: unstable, self centred, immature, RUDE and uncouth.

jezzabby 5 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-06, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jezzabby Click to send private message to jezzabby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
People seem to forget that these girls are plucked from god-knows-where, and thrown into a completely different world (Yes, they chose to do it, but until they are actually there, noone knows what its really like!)
Caridee may have made some silly mistakes, but maturity comes with age (and experience!)
The description that caridee is "unstable, self centred, immature, RUDE and uncouth" surely describes Monique more than anyone! Rubbing dirty knickers on someones bed covers just about it all!
Really, Elyses Sewell from Cycle 1 has to have been the biggest nut-job - all the girls were afraid to go to sleep, incase she did something!

02-25-07, 11:20 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
wuzzup wizzat

I agree that all those describe Monique she was whack.. but they are Caridee as well. It is not about maturity to refrain from saying things that no one else would think about saying..Caridee was reckless...and should have been sent home. I hope they do psych tests before picking them for now on.

CHELSEA101 7 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-06, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CHELSEA101 Click to send private message to CHELSEA101 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
MELROSE SHOULD OF WON

YellowBulldozer 1 desperate attention whore postings

01-01-07, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail YellowBulldozer Click to send private message to YellowBulldozer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Caridee - a pretty girl who knows what it's like not to be"
I watched the final last night (I'm from Australia), and I'm really glad that CarriDee won.

Whilst she wasn't my favorite initially, she had the combination of beauty and character that made her stand out.

Originally I liked Anchal because she was stunning to look at, and had a more unique body shape than the other gals. It was clear that she hadn't come to terms with her beauty yet (despite what some of the other girls had to say), having been somewhat of an 'ugly duckling' growing up. This made her more endearing, but I agreed that she wasn't ready to be ANTM as she needed more development to be happier in her own skin.

Much seems to be made of CarriDee's remark to lovely Nigel, but having read an interview that she gave, he apparently joked back. It was all in the editing that made it look like he was annoyed with her, and that she was upset about it. Producers obviously put the pressure on Nigel to make a big thing about it. After all, it is reality TV, and there are a lot of viewers there just for the drama.

As for Melrose, she is the sort of gal that highlights one of the problems in the show. She won most of the challenges, but at the end of the day, is not going to be a top model. She could certainly model for some forums, but I can't see her on the international catwalk, or doing beauty shots. This highlights that the challenges in ANTM don't really reflect what is required of a model. At the end of the day, its all about natural looks, genetics that give you a lean body type, certain level of natural talent and sense of ease, and technique. All of which CarriDee had in spades (she perhaps needs to work on her runway technique).

It was clearest when the two finalists were standing side by side in the last judging panel, that CarriDee was both literally and metaphorically head and shoulders above Melrose.

Melrose would make a fantastic celebrity interviewer. Think a young Joan Rivers. She was sensational in that challenge, and I hope (for her sake) that she is able to become more balanced, take disappointment less deeply, and be confident to show her true self.

I love the show, and am an avid watcher each week. The thing I like about it the most is seeing the great images and concepts that are produced. The only thing I'm surprised about is the gals not being happier about getting the caliber of free portfolio shots they will receive. If they had to pay for the level of photography, makeup, hair, clothing, conceptualists, directors etc., they would be in for a rude awakening!

Looking forward to cycle 8!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •