The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Photo Shoots Are Awful This Season"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Next Top Model Forum (Protected)
Original message

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-30-06, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Photo Shoots Are Awful This Season"
I am so disappointed with the photo shoots this season. Instead of having interesting and creative modeling shoots, Tyra is just trying to come up with the most stupid and sadistic shoots she can imagine in a lame attempt to increase ratings. The naked shoot, crying, painful contact lenses, wind tunnel... now the pool? It is totally ridiculous!
I have been quite unimpressed with most of the resulting photos at judging. Gee, I wonder why? The show becomes less and less about modeling and more obviously a "reality show" every season. Why don't they call it Modeling Fear Factor next time around.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Photo Shoots Are Awful This Sea... mistyrose52 11-30-06 1
 Actually... Tiggertramp 11-30-06 2
   RE: Actually... eire_heart74 11-30-06 3
 RE: Photo Shoots Are Awful This Sea... ginger 11-30-06 4
   RE: Photo Shoots Are Awful This Sea... Q 12-01-06 5
       RE: Photo Shoots Are Awful This Sea... Boettcha3 12-06-06 9
       RE: Photo Shoots Are Awful This Sea... shanana banana 12-07-06 11
 especially... Canada Girl 12-03-06 6
   RE: especially... amea_gari 12-04-06 7
       RE: especially... Canada Girl 12-05-06 8
 RE: Photo Shoots Are Awful This Sea... courtney_kx_7 12-07-06 10
   RE: Photo Shoots Are Awful This Sea... Boettcha3 12-12-06 12
       RE: Photo Shoots Are Awful This Sea... toddE 12-15-06 13
           RE: Photo Shoots Are Awful This Sea... amea_gari 12-16-06 14
 RE: Photo Shoots Are Awful This Sea... CHELSEA101 12-28-06 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-30-06, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Photo Shoots Are Awful This Season"
Couldn't agree more!! The pool, the bull, last time with the cockroaches, and I think once with a snake....it's all just stupid! I am losing SO much respect for Tyra-I wonder if she realizes that this show is actually beoming her FOLLY???
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-30-06, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Actually..."
Tyra is putting the girls through difficult shoots because in reality there are shoots that are like that. I saw on "Extra" or "E!" a snippet about a model that was attacked by a shark in an underwater shoot. She was not hurt badly, but it was scary. SHARKS? Umhmmm. In the modeling world, you do silly things all to get the shot.

I see nothing wrong with how Tyra is conducting the photo shoots. Look at some of the ads in fashion mags, it isn't all computer generated stuff.

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat And Icey bounced me! Yippee!!
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-30-06, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Actually..."
I know on one season of Top Model they were going to do the shark tank shot but since more than half the girls had their period that week, they couldn't because the sharks would smell the blood and could attack. (sorry to gross anyone out but that's true)

I think they showed that on E True Hollywood story or something.

Anyway yeah I'm a little sick of the stunts too. I think this show is on it's last legs.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-30-06, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Photo Shoots Are Awful This Season"
Gotta disagree. There have been some really intriguing results to weird concepts this season. The pool shots were beautiful. And I still loved the twins' eating disorders pix.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-01-06, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Photo Shoots Are Awful This Season"
I have to agree about the pool shots. I thought they were a good idea and I liked the outcome. Two models floating in the water like nymphs with their hair all flowing around, etc is an interesting and cool image. I can see those shots in any magazine.

As for the show being on its last leg, I also think that is true. They should get back to actually keeping models with potential, not just the desire to win. And how about them actually working with them to improve? That might help.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

Boettcha3 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-06-06, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boettcha3 Click to send private message to Boettcha3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Photo Shoots Are Awful This Season"
definitely. They should focus on having the models who look good- i mean its fine if the purpose of their show is to build up self esteem and say that if you work hard enough you can achieve anything- but if a girl is consistently doing bad in pictures, but she really wants to be there, you should just cut her. There are a lot of people who want to be models, but some people have it and some don't (as harsh as that sounds )

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-06, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Photo Shoots Are Awful This Season"
<<<<<<<<<<They should get back to actually keeping models with potential, not just the desire to win. And how about them actually working with them to improve? That might help.>>>>>>>>>>

I couldn't agree with you more. Are these girls getting any help? How can they have the same issues week after week? Someone (coaches) needs to be working with them constantly, not just putting them in strenuous photo shoots and then harping on them for not "getting how to do it" instantly. This show would be so much more interesting if we could see girls with real potential being shown how to work through whatever their weaknesses are and really improve, not just catfights between this beyotch and that beyotch, gossiping about each other and fighting over the phone, dishes, etc. Please. And just getting lectures every week at panel doesn't really show a girl how to make that transformation in the time limits of the show -- I mean, they have 18 to 20 years of bad habits to unlearn in a few short weeks. Work with them !!!

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-06, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "especially..."
...when Cari Dee said she had to stop, then she gets a lecture on knowing your limits, twice, from Tara as well as a "You know you're going to have to do shoots like this alll the time, better do it. She stopped the shoot Tara, decide which side of the bitch fence you want to be on and come at her from there.

I hate the passive-agressive "no one can do anything right" attitude of this show. Don't get me wrong, it's a multi-season addiction for me, but the self rightious lectures from Tara are wearing so freakin thin it's ridiculous.

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-06, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: especially..."
Just a head's up-- It's Tyra. Not that I am personally annoyed with the use of 'Tara'.
This is the first season I have watched this show, and the only other reality show I have watched was the Apprentice (You might remember me from such posts as 'The Day my TV began to Ooze green Trump Ego slime'. Okay, not really).
So I assumed this "Find an excuse to attack this person even if we have to contradict ourselves 20 times over" routine was standard reality show contestant claptrap.
It was absurd. They give so many mixed signals. Monique was kicked off because even though she was extremely ill, she should have shown up anyway, and Caridee, obviously having learned that lesson, pushes herself as far as she can and gets a lecture. Hello? Caridee DID know her limits. Did she end up getting rushed to the hospital? Lose a finger? No. She got out in time to be safe, while pushing herself as hard as she could.

If you really want to be a sheep, I can point you to a shepherd.

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-06, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: especially..."
>Just a head's up-- It's Tyra.
>Not that I am personally
>annoyed with the use of
>'Tara'.
Thanks - was a typo, not a misnomer.

courtney_kx_7 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-07-06, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail courtney_kx_7 Click to send private message to courtney_kx_7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Photo Shoots Are Awful This Season"
i agree some

the shoot with the pool was great and the shoot sbout the model sterotype those were the best.

the worst was the one where they were in the wind tunnel. none of them really excelled in that shoot. it hide their faces and body. it showe their cheeks and that was about it.

tyra needs some new ideas.

i really liked the shoot a few cycles back where the girls were the horoscopes. that was great ( u may not remember)

Boettcha3 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-12-06, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boettcha3 Click to send private message to Boettcha3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Photo Shoots Are Awful This Season"
i guess we could think about it in terms of the fact that they have had 7 seasons, and there may be some things that are just hard to think of. its hard to keep it creative and original. But tyra has a lot of people who work for her, so i think someone could think of something a little better! freezing water? please- it would have been the same picture with or without freezing water- there was no point to that

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-15-06, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Photo Shoots Are Awful This Season"
So last night I came across the cycle 2 finale of ANTM, and was struck by two things. The first one, I already knew: The girls from cycle 2 were so much better than the later ones. The runway showdown between Yoanna and Mercedes was really terrific. Any of the top 3 were way better than most of the more recent winners. Of course, the last couple runway shows have been so crappy that maybe it wasn't the models fault.

I was also struck by how good the photo shoots were. They were different and interesting, even extreme, without being so ridiculous as, say, a wind tunnel. I recall cycle 4 having some great shoots as well (zodiac, sins, on a car getting sprayed by water). For some reason, the last two cycles have had inferior photo shoots. This season, only the "model stereotypes," and floating in a pool were good, and I guess the famous pairs shoot was a'ight.

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-06, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Photo Shoots Are Awful This Season"
Wait.
There was a shoot with the girls on a car being sprayed by water, and Tyra's accusing Caridee of being too 'pinup'?
Sorry, this is my first season, so I've nothing to compare to.
But girls on a car being sprayed by water screams girlie-calendar-in-the-firehouse.

If you really want to be a sheep, I can point you to a shepherd.

CHELSEA101 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-28-06, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CHELSEA101 Click to send private message to CHELSEA101 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Photo Shoots Are Awful This Season"
YOU ARE RIGHT I HOPE THAT TYRA ISNT GOING TO BE IN THE NEXT SERIES!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •