The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance Forum (Protected)
Original message

superstepmom1 211 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-29-03, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail superstepmom1 Click to send private message to superstepmom1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance""
OMG Did you guys see the previews for this show MBFOF? A girl actually has to dupe her parents into believing that she's marrying this totally obnoxious (Maybe an understatment) man and if they pull it off, she gets a million bucks.

Who could do that to their parents?
Would you?

Who plans to watch? I think I do....

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance" KScott 12-29-03 1
 RE: "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance" Swami 12-29-03 2
 News story SurvivorBlows 12-29-03 3
   RE: News story RebelYell 01-08-04 11
 RE: "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance" Ra_8secs 12-29-03 4
 RE: "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance" Estee 12-30-03 5
   RE: "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance" Big Al 12-31-03 6
   RE: "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance" aquariaqueen 01-05-04 7
 Signing Up Sophie 01-05-04 8
 RE: "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance" gizmo_ber 01-06-04 9
 Please please please let me write a... TeamJoisey 01-07-04 10
   RE: Please please please let me wri... babydoll126 01-08-04 12
       RE: Please please please let me wri... Chrissy gal 01-08-04 13
           RE: Please please please let me wri... leogirl_21 01-09-04 14
   RE: Please please please let me wri... I_AM_HE 01-10-04 15
       RE: I can't do a summary!!!!!! leogirl_21 01-11-04 16
           RE: I can't do a summary!!!!!! bell83 01-11-04 17
               Premier Chrissy gal 01-11-04 18
   I'll volunteer as well Tiger Lily 01-14-04 20
 I thought I was seeing things! moonbaby 01-12-04 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-29-03, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance""
I saw that and thought it would be hilarious as well. It amazes me what people will do for $$$!

a JSlice "ROCKS" original

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Swami 5883 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-29-03, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance""
Sheesh--they could have just come to my house, and done my DD and her bfo boyfriend!

As a parent, I would be very happy to find out my daughter was dating the guy for a good reason--like win a million bucks. See, that makes sense to me. But dating him just because she likes him? *shudder*

I may watch this. I like train wrecks.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

12-29-03, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "News story"
Like I wrote in the news story, this sounds like "What if Joe Schmo Got Married?" to me:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=2121

I'll probably watch the premiere... which of course means you'll be able to watch three hours of reality that Monday -- American Idol 3 at 8PM, Big Fat Fiance at 9PM, and Average Joe 2 at 10PM

RebelYell 152 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-08-04, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RebelYell Click to send private message to RebelYell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: News story"
Comparing this big, fat, obnoxious guy to Joe Schmo is an insult to good ol' Joe, dontcha think? =) The two characters are nothing alike. Where Joe Schmo was the protagonist, this guy is in on the joke and, for "good" TV, is trying to make it as hard as possible for the girl to win the money.

I like the idea of the show, though. If it lives up to its previews, then it has the potential to be hilarious.

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-29-03, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance""
I saw a commercial for the show. Seems ripe for bashing.

I hereby volunteer. When the heck it is on, anyway?

-- Ra, Spinning in geo/helio eccentric orbit

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-03, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance""
I'm with Swami: the train has crashed and we're all on-site to see if the bodies landed in interesting positions. For some reason, this one feels like the 'How low can you go?' quest just broke through the crust and started making a moleline for the mantle.

But, as one of nature's wreck surveyors, I'll probably watch at least the first five minutes. Besides, as far as nightmarish familes and obnoxious relatives go, they can do absolutely nothing that stands any chance of surprising me.

Y'see, I've been in malls around Christmas.

Big Al 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-31-03, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Big%20Al Click to send private message to Big%20Al Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance""
Fat guys being married to beautiful girls is a staple of situation comedies.

Some examples:

The Life of Riley William Bendix and Majorie Reynolds

The Honeymooners Jackie Gleason and Audrey meadows (who was much nicer looking when made up).

The King of Queens.

That awful comedy show on CBS on Monday with Jamie Gertz.

A number of others which I can't think of at the moment.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-05-04, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance""
I can't wait to watch this.....

Sophie 2407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-05-04, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sophie Click to send private message to Sophie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Signing Up"
I'll be there for the train wreck. It looks hilarious!

gizmo_ber 337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-06-04, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gizmo_ber Click to send private message to gizmo_ber Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance""
I'll probably treat this like all the other retarded FOX shows(married by America, Joe Millionaire,...) and watch the beginning and the end. The stuff in the middle probably won't be worth the watching, but to get the gist of the show, and then the joke at the ending may be worthwhile.

TeamJoisey 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-07-04, 02:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Please please please let me write a summary!"

Can reality TV sink lower?

Gawd, I hope so!

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

babydoll126 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-08-04, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail babydoll126 Click to send private message to babydoll126 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Please please please let me write a summary!"
if it can't sink any lower i don't know WHAT i will do. i guess i will have to tape my soaps and watch them at night.

when i saw the 1st commercial it really made me think that HER family seems shallow. yeah he isn't handsome, he is overweight and appears to like to dance in his underwear but still they could be nicer to what they assume will be their "son in law". i also wonder how FOX explained the cameras, the family obviously knows there are cameramen around.

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-08-04, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Please please please let me write a summary!"
>>i also wonder how FOX explained the cameras, the family obviously knows there are cameramen around.<<

Good point Babydoll! I think I would be able to hide my dislike for a family member if TV cameras were around. Should be interesting.

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-04, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Please please please let me write a summary!"
I really want to see this show....the preview looks interesting!

Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be ignited. - Plutarch

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-04, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Please please please let me write a summary!"
i'll volunteer as well, this looks like prime material

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-04, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I can't do a summary!!!!!!"
Okay, I just noticed that it looked like I want to do a summary but it was a mistake...I can't because I'm not a good writer...sorry for the misunderstanding but I will probably watch the show and read everyone else's summaries which I am sure are really good!

I just Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be ignited. - Plutarch

bell83 134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-11-04, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bell83 Click to send private message to bell83 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I can't do a summary!!!!!!"
Ok I've seen the previews and I'm excited to see this mess but i didn't catch what day and time it premiers, can anybody fill me in?

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-11-04, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Premier"
Monday, January 19, 9:00 p.m. on FOX!

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-14-04, 02:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "I'll volunteer as well"
...if you need people, blue peeps, I would be happy to write one.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "I thought I was seeing things!"
This is the name of a new show? LMAO!!!

<--still waiting for the BIL version to come out.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •