The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"R U Starting Over?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Todd TV Forum (Protected)
Original message

JeanneNJ 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-17-06, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeanneNJ Click to send private message to JeanneNJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"R U Starting Over?"
It saddens me to see that this forum is being used primarily to do nothing but tear apart each member of the Starting Over House. I watch the show, to see what I can learn from each of the houseguests and their exercises and apply it to my own life.

I admire each one of the woman who are willing to open up their strengths and weakeness to the world and they WANT to Start Over.

My ex of 30 years found his true love and married her three months after our divorce, my oldest son fights alcoholism, I had to move away from my children(they are grown) so I could afford to live and I have a debilitating health condition which prevents me from working full-time. I also had to sell my beautiful home too due to the divorce.

I have learned to stop playing the victim role in my life from the show and that I am in charge which direction my life goes from this point on. I don't need a man to be happy. that's for sure. Each of the gals have contributed to my progress in my journey of Starting Over.

I am grateful to all of the women on the show, the writers and of course the life coaches.

jeanne

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: R U Starting Over? kchamp 01-17-06 1
 RE: R U Starting Over? OklaBlue 01-17-06 2
 RE: R U Starting Over? lovemydogdude 01-17-06 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kchamp 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-17-06, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kchamp Click to send private message to kchamp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: R U Starting Over?"
that's great for you jeanne, but we are aloud to express our opinions about the show on these boards. even if others don't agree with them.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-17-06, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: R U Starting Over?"
Welcome to the forum. Sorry you feel that way about this forum. There is a lot to be learned here, if one reads far enough. There are plus and minus comments. Please bear in mind that this has absolutely no connection to the show. And that there are other "all positive" forums out there elsewhere. But this offers the opportunity for all views, without fear of being "bashed" for your views, either positive or negative. There is a lot of information from very experienced persons on these boards, as well as a grand mix of different opinions. Everyone is entitled to feel as they do and say so. No one can bash a poster for what they say, or they will no longer be allowed to post here. That's a good thing.

It's great that you are finding things of help and interest on the show. You can also find things of help and interest on this forum, if you wade through it. It seems to be the most active forum out there on any of these "reality" shows. Every poster on here has his or her own story, too, and sometimes they are willing to share their own heartaches. Some friendships and support partners develop here also.

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-17-06, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: R U Starting Over?"
Sorry to hear about your disappointment but it's understandable. Don't let it get to ya too much, there are alot of us who do post positively, it's just nice to voice your frustration at times too..and this is the place to do either/or.

I love this show too. I have also learned many things from it, and try to apply anything and all to my life as it applies. I admire all the women for going on the show, and try to understand where they're coming from. Even Lisa..as much as she drives me nuts..reminds me of many women I know..who have always looked to a relationship to be their life.

Welcome and hang in there...please know that you posted this in the individual HG thread and not in general thread so they'll probably lock you. I think there's already a thread going there re: starting over at home...if not start a new one there (you have to ask for permission to repost though) Don't take it personal cuz I goof all the time.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •