The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Last-minute pages."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-24-10, 04:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Last-minute pages."
And in the end, whatever the fix had originally been, it had to be Bret. To not hire the one who had barely survived to reach the finale in the really literal sense might have gotten Donald a good writeup in Heartless Mogul Monthly (only $1,500,000 an issue from Trump Press), but would have seen him potentially eviscerated by a fanbase he's never met and really doesn't want to have mad at him. Or Lacey, which would be worse.

So the main question becomes 'Was it always going to be Bret, or did his illness bring him the victory?' In the traditional business model, Holly outperformed him in many aspects and free thinkers are frequently only welcomed when they're in charge -- but last year's Hag victory meant justifying things for the viewership wasn't really a concern. If Bret was meant to win, he would have won if his chosen custom flavor had resulted in an allergen epidemic, and Holly couldn't have taken the prize if her concoction turned out to be zero-pollution jet fuel. Flip the script and Bret would have lost if his drink cured diabetes.

Well, at least he showed up.

And brought a camera dolly!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Last-minute pages. mysticjay 05-24-10 1
   RE: Last-minute pages. qwertypie 05-30-10 6
 RE: Last-minute pages. realworld10 05-24-10 2
   RE: Last-minute pages. Loree 05-24-10 3
       RE: Last-minute pages. JessicaRN 05-24-10 4
   RE: Last-minute pages. Nume 05-27-10 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mysticjay 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-24-10, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticjay Click to send private message to mysticjay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Last-minute pages."
As Ivanka said, Bret was there on merit. He won every time he was project manager. Holly didn't. She raised a record amount of money so that is her stand out thing. But she wasn't liked by half of her team. Bret was liked by everyone on his teams, and by the executives they dealt with. He is creative and charismatic, and Trump wants someone flashy as his Apprentice.

Especially with a new version of the old show debuting in the fall and the next Celebrity Apprentice in the Spring. He'll find a way to have Bret on both shows, and the ratings will go through the roof every time he does.

The Snapple people loved Bret. And in the final task, Bret used himself as a celebrity spokesperson for Snapple. And he is an unforgettable character, from the hat to the hair to the bandana, the blue eyes and that charming smile. Snapple-icious is what the Execs called him.

Holly was capable, real world, and boring.

Even without Bret's health issues, Trump would have gone with Bret. No one wants a boring Celebrity Apprentice. Bret is anything but boring. It was the right pick.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-10, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Last-minute pages."
I agree that Bret is the better choice, even without the aneurism, but the Hag's win last year was very stinky and obviously fixed from before day 1 (one of Trump's in-laws was on the board of Joan's charity), so who knows who the original pick was.

realworld10 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-24-10, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realworld10 Click to send private message to realworld10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Last-minute pages."
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-10 AT 09:14 AM (EST)

Holly won ONE task and that was only on the money end of it. The actual task of creating a work-out for 24 Hour Fitness was won by Sharon's team. Holly is, basically, a professional fund raiser for HER HollyRock Foundation. Yes, she collected more money than Sharon - but almost half of the $347,xxx was won by Sharon's team plus the funds added by 24 Hour - it was just a winner take all (which I totally did not agree with - each charity should have received the money donated for that cause).

On a side note - I didn't hear why Sharon was not there. Was the reason given?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-10, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Last-minute pages."
Goldberg was not there either. Trump never bothered to mention why Sharon or Goldberg were not there. Probably they were busy with more important things than rushing to NYC.

I got really sick of listening to them go on and on about Holly earning the most in history. It was one task and she did not earn it all herself. She was the reason her team lost the 2 challenges she lost as PM. Trump preferred to ignore that. Bret won the 2 he PM'd. And he did it without having half the cast hate him. Bret didn't have to make a speech that he wasn't as nasty as he came off on TV. And was that a dig to Michael when Holly explained that she had personal issues too (her mother) and didn't leave?

Loved seeing Bret's dad in the bandana. Bret was a good choice as the Celeb Apprentice.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-24-10, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Last-minute pages."
I had really only known Bret from his 80's hair band days and the little that I had watched him on Rock of Love, so I was amazed at how much I liked him from the very first show. He is warm, outgoing, treated everyone with respect and very well-spoken. I ended up admiring him a lot and even though he is a rock and roll star, he didn't have any problem coming out on stage with obvious weakness down one side of his body.

I actually enjoyed this whole season. Found the Gov's ineptitude with simple technology hysterical. Cindi Lauper would drive me crazy also, but her interviews were a riot and her performance last night was pretty good.

Holly was impressive because she was so driven, but I'm glad that Bret was "hired."

Nume 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-27-10, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nume Click to send private message to Nume Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Last-minute pages."
I really think Holly's only strengths were her fund raising and her ability in the board room. She wasnt strong at any tasks, but she knew how to work the board room to keep herself safe. Also, people forget that Brett had almost no chances to raise the money like she did. He won the only fund raising task he managed (the first one) and during the 2nd one Sharon told him not to raise any money. So who knows how much he could have raise if he'd have gotten a chance.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •