The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The (three-hour) finale."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-10-09, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The (three-hour) finale."
I don't think I'll be watching. I can only put up with this group for 1/10800th of that time.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The (three-hour) finale. Belle Book 05-10-09 1
 RE: The (three-hour) finale. Snidget 05-10-09 2
 RE: The (three-hour) finale. Snidget 05-10-09 3
 RE: The (three-hour) finale. realitytvfan07 05-10-09 4
 RE: The (three-hour) finale. JustLis 05-10-09 5
   RE: The (three-hour) finale. JustLis 05-10-09 6
       RE: The (three-hour) finale. realitytvfan07 05-10-09 7
           RE: The (three-hour) finale. JessicaRN 05-10-09 8
           Did Joan really win? CSHS79 05-11-09 23
 Urrrgh. Snidget 05-11-09 9
   RE: Urrrgh. Jims02 05-11-09 10
       RE: Urrrgh. realitytvfan07 05-11-09 12
           RE: Urrrgh. AyaK 05-11-09 17
           RE: Urrrgh. qwertypie 05-11-09 20
           RE: Urrrgh. mtopaz 05-11-09 22
               RE: Urrrgh. Jims02 05-11-09 25
                   RE: Urrrgh. Snidget 05-12-09 27
   RE: Urrrgh. kingfish 05-11-09 15
       RE: Urrrgh. AyaK 05-11-09 18
 RE: The (three-hour) finale. Loree 05-11-09 11
   RE: The (three-hour) finale. realitytvfan07 05-11-09 13
 I must have missed it. foonermints 05-11-09 14
   RE: I must have missed it. mindy23 05-11-09 16
   RE: I must have missed it. AyaK 05-11-09 24
       RE: I must have missed it. kingfish 05-12-09 26
 RE: The (three-hour) finale. warp_core breach 05-11-09 19
   RE: The (three-hour) finale. Loree 05-11-09 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-10-09, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The (three-hour) finale."
I won't be watching either, although I plan to have my Mom tape it. I'm watching The Amazing Race finale instead.

Belle Book

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-09, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The (three-hour) finale."
I may hop over after the TAR finale but I don't know how long I'll stay.

05-10-09, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The (three-hour) finale."
I agree with Clint.

Fire the editors. They are dragging this thing out so freaking much.

I have a feeling he's going to give it to Joan, but I really want Annie to win.

realitytvfan07 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-10-09, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitytvfan07 Click to send private message to realitytvfan07 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The (three-hour) finale."
I think he's going to give it Annie. Trump likes and respects money and Annie has raised a huge amount of money. I don't like Annie. Typically, I like the people who are all about business and who are competitive. But Annie is petty. Going on and on about Joan causing her designer to quit and constantly trying to throw dives at Joan on the sly and always bringing up how Joan insulted her and her friends. Come on! Give it a rest!

Joan for the win!!!

JustLis 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-10-09, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustLis Click to send private message to JustLis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The (three-hour) finale."
I have lost every ounce of respect I ever had for Joan Rivers. She's petty, dirty, and every bit as despicable as she tries to paint Annie Duke to be.

I really hope he'll give it to Annie; she clearly deserves it. But Trump has shown a soft spot for Rivers the entire season, and I really fear he'll make as stupid a mistake as he did giving it to Piers Morgan last season.

Character is apparently irrelevant to Trump. Which is why I guess I'll never be "good enough" for that crowd. Which is good enough for me.

Lis

JustLis 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-10-09, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustLis Click to send private message to JustLis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The (three-hour) finale."
Heh. That didn't take long. Those folks clearly deserve each other.

Lis

05-10-09, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitytvfan07 Click to send private message to realitytvfan07 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The (three-hour) finale."
Trump made the right decision. Joan Rivers. Celebrity Apprentice 2009.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-10-09, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The (three-hour) finale."
I really enjoyed Tom Green on this one!

CSHS79 862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-11-09, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Did Joan really win?"
While Joan may have the title Celebrity Apprentice did she really or rather did her charity truly win? Think about it, Annie's event brought in over 465,000 dollars and Joan's event only brought in a little over 150,000. Even after you add the 250,000 from Joan being named the Celebrity Apprentice, Annie's side still made more.
But what are you going to do, it was a New York crowd with a celebrity there for a New York charity.

05-11-09, 04:48 AM (EST)
9. "Urrrgh."
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-09 AT 04:49 AM (EST)

I understand she wan 3 of the 5 criteria (but mostly ones that were subjective and could have gone either way). The whole edit of the charity stuff was so clearly to redeem Joan so she'd be palatable as a winner.

But Urrrrgh. I will never watch Joan or Melissa Rivers in anything ever again. They are everything they put on other people and I can't take either of them.

I also feel that with Piers and Joan that means season three will be totally unwatchable. It isn't about who is the best overall, now I see it is really about who makes the most drama in the boardroom. I feel sorry for his real employees if he makes real business decisions the way he makes "good for TV" ones.

ETF typo

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Urrrgh."
I agree.

The part I really hated was the way they spun the party planner situation during the boardroom. You can say that Annie was just trying to make Joan look bad by bringing it up, but she was absolutely right in what happened. And it wasn't a tiny nit-picky thing, either. This was the kind of situation that affected both team, and it was Joan's inability to articulate her vision that caused it. When they gave Joan a pass on that, it was obvious he was going to give it to Joan.

Instead of constructing a real reason why she should win, Joan Rivers went the ad-hominem insult-flinging route. She looks down on poker players in general, but that poker player managed to out-class her all the way through the show. Maybe Joan Rivers could learn something from the poker community.

A 2003 IceCat original

05-11-09, 09:40 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Urrrgh."
I have to respectfully disagree. Annie was not a class act. The way she treated her teammates was horrendous. She so blatantly used Brande I don't know why Brande can't see that. And just about every other word that came out of her mouth was **ck. Annie was whiny and she trash talked Joan to anybody who would listen that is not classy in my book.

And as far as the party planner quitting, Annie tried to make it seem as though Joan purposedly did that to her. Joan had no idea her tiff with David, the party planner, would hurt the other team. I don't blame Joan for going off on her. What Annie should have done was talk about how she overcame the situation instead of pointing fingers at Joan.

Neither woman is innocent or above the other. They both did what they had to do to win. And no matter how professional and businesslike Annie might think she was. She wasn't. Being petty and catty is not businesslike.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Urrrgh."
Annie was not a class act.

Probably right. But you have to agree that Joan is only about 3/5th "class" -- that is, the part that comes after the "cl".

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Urrrgh."
The party planner situation was a non-issue because I truly believe it was a manufactored "crisis" to add drama to the finale.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-11-09, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Urrrgh."
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-09 AT 04:16 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-11-09 AT 04:16 PM (EST)

I have to respectfully disagree. Annie was not a class act. The way she treated her teammates was horrendous. She so blatantly used Brande I don't know why Brande can't see that. And just about every other word that came out of her mouth was **ck. Annie was whiny and she trash talked Joan to anybody who would listen that is not classy in my book.

And as far as the party planner quitting, Annie tried to make it seem as though Joan purposedly did that to her. Joan had no idea her tiff with David, the party planner, would hurt the other team. I don't blame Joan for going off on her. What Annie should have done was talk about how she overcame the situation instead of pointing fingers at Joan.

Neither woman is innocent or above the other. They both did what they had to do to win. And no matter how professional and businesslike Annie might think she was. She wasn't. Being petty and catty is not businesslike.

I agree. The funniest moment to me last night was when Annie was in the SUV with Tom Green going on and on for the umpteenth time about how Joan caused the party planning firm to up and quit, and bring ruination upon Annie's head. Tom was saying "yeah, yeah" in a "would you just shut up about it already" voice. I loved that he told Annie that was all she was talking about, and that Joan had successfully gotten under her skin. Annie just stared blankly at him.

I don't know what went on between Joan and David. She told Clint that she hadn't sworn at him, but apparently whatever she said was so upsetting, he yanked his firm out of participation. Sounds like a very thin-skinned business owner to me. I'm not impressed with "David" at all.

The main problem I had with Joan was her Achilles heel, which is Melissa. It seems that Joan could mostly get along with others, unless and until she felt her daughter was maligned or attacked or belittled in any way. Melissa fed right into that and rather than trying to soothe any ruffled feelings, threw gas onto the fire at any opportunity.

Tom was right - Annie did let Joan play her. For all her vaunted poker playing skills, she let Joan get under her skin and rile her. She got played.

I don't think either of them play "with honor", as they kept both claiming.

One final thing - I really can't stand Donald Trump. He was so dismissive of Jessie James last night, it infuriated me. Jessie, you're a much better man than Donald Trump ever imagined he could be.

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Urrrgh."
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-09 AT 07:31 PM (EST)

You make a lot of valid points, but I don't buy the argument that Joan "played" Annie by getting on her nerves.

She definitely got under Annie's skin, as Tom Green astutely pointed out. That seems like a pretty natural outcome, as Joan had hurled insults for several consecutive episodes. After all the crap she took from Joan, most people would vent about it to their peers. Maybe not to the degree Annie did, but I dunno. It was a pretty extreme situation.

Still, I don't think Annie's silent auction would've been different without the Joan distraction. One could make the argument that she could've used her "venting time" to better her show, but I'm not sure how much more could be done. They used up pretty much every contact they had and they scrambled quickly to get the show together after the party planner fiasco.

In terms of the task, their fight was pretty much a wash. Right until the very end, Annie kept using her track record as her core argument for winning. The only thing the fight really did was allow The Donald to latch onto a different topic, which isn't something Annie can control. Frankly, it was Joan's best chance of winning, anyway, since she wasn't likely going to beat Annie with a measured, logical argument. So that's something to Joan's credit, I guess.

To use a poker analogy, it wasn't Annie getting mad and dumping all of her chips with deuce-seven offsuit.

A 2003 IceCat original

05-12-09, 01:49 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Urrrgh."
Agree.

"Played" makes it sound like it was planned out and was from some strategy.

It seems to me that Joan and to a lesser extent Melissa just need an enemy to hurl vindictive words at. I don't think she picked Annie out with the idea to get Annie off her game. Annie just showed up as a target and was clearly a threat, and stayed a threat.

I am pretty certain that had Annie been booted there would be another person for Joan to cast as Enemy #1 who is so bad that you can do whatever you want to them and still be the only good and honorable person on the cast. The only one with a worthy charity, and the only one who should be allowed to talk in the boardroom.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Urrrgh."
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-09 AT 11:12 AM (EST)

I agree. Joan Rivers is a despicable old harridan, and did not deserve to win. Annie is a tough taskmaster and a natural leader, (albeit with an ego) as demonstrated in many of the assignments. She even managed to get Tom Green, who once again proved to be difficult to work with in this episode as in earlier episodes, to be somewhat productive.

Joan’s repeated comment about Annie being “below her” were just horrible, and horribly revealing of Joan River’s personality.

Trump apparently weighed each of the 5 criteria equally, and it's incomprehensible to me that, in a competition where the main goal was to raise money for charity, that earning three times the money for charity was considered to be as important as "how many celebrities (or drag Queens)" showed up for the auction. If the object of the auction was to raise money, then achieving that goal should have carried more weight than any of the other criteria. I would argue for 40%, at least, which would mean that whoever earned the most money would only have to take one other category to win. That seems appropriate to me.

Over the course of this season Annie out performed Joan handily, and she did so again with the last assignment. Except that Joan had more "celebrities" present.

Annie should have won hands down.

Trump is wrong, and should be fired.

(I find myself repeating that at the end of every CA season)

05-11-09, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Urrrgh."
Anyway, by what criteria are the Broadway cast of Chicago "famous"?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The (three-hour) finale."
Trump throws a problem at the final 2 every season. He wants to see how they will react and overcome it. I suspect the party planner was told to be difficult and quit. Plus we never saw the conversation that Annie had in the office with them. So whether all the blame was put on Joan or not we don't really know. Annie would have blamed her no matter what.

Tom was right. Joan got under Annie's skin. And Annie never did answer the question in the boardroom about who she got to do her event. She kept changing the subject and did not want to answer. She often did that.

I hated Annie so much I was glad that Joan won. And Trump wanted to please his NYC audience. They were pro-Joan. Now Trump will puff his chest out and talk about the HUGE finale he did. And he will look for the low life to cast next season.

05-11-09, 09:43 AM (EST)
13. "RE: The (three-hour) finale."
ITA at your entire post.

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "I must have missed it."
Or did I? Wasn't it channel 4 that was showing "Alien Resurrection"?

Moves by CrabMan

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-11-09, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I must have missed it."
I taped it, so I could watch TAR, then went into the bedroom, where it wasn't taped, and watched the 2/3rd of it. Got up at midnight and watched the 3/3 of it, got up this morning and watched the 1/3 of it. Is that crazy or what??

In any case, I don't think I missed anything! The whole premise was this: Annie and Joan absolutely hate each other, would do anything to slander, undermind, and crush the other, and Donald LOVES this kind of drama. If he had lived during the Gladiator days, he would have been first in line to watch the lions eat the men. He would have probably chosen the men he wanted to be eaten! Then patted himself on the back for his choice of lion food.

I have to agree with Clint Black. The editing-that says it all. For all we know, it was all a big, honking fake/acting/scheme! And done well, I might say. I've seen both Joan and Annie on other shows before the finale, and they both swear they will never speak again, attend any functions where the other attends, etc. Who really cares?? I sure don't!

I just like seeing these people, who consider themselves far and above the rest of us, showing their petty, stupid, sides, so I can look in the mirror every day and feel just a little bit better about myself. No face job, or anything....And I don't even play Polka. Or dance the Polka, either....although I did at one time, in the 4th grade. Good exercise! But those dresses, AYE!

05-11-09, 07:20 PM (EST)
24. "RE: I must have missed it."
>Or did I? Wasn't it channel 4 that was showing
>"Alien Resurrection"?

No, that vile looking part-human creature that sucked the life out of everything around it was Joan Rivers. She just looks as if she's been resurrected from the dead.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-09, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: I must have missed it."
Her face reminds me of one of the Edgar Bergan dummies.

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-11-09, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The (three-hour) finale."
I only watched the last 2 hours as I watched TAR finale.

I wasn't sure who he was going to give it to but in the end, I think Trump caved to the pressure and chose Joan. I dislike them both but Annie was over the top. She made Piers Morgan likeable.

You can bet that Trump will be cultivating his new crop of "celebrities" in order to top this season. I can't stand Trump but I keep watching and get sucked into the farce known as the Celebrity Apprentice.

I really wish Trump would let people finish what they're saying! The "Beautiful Brande" comment creeped me out. Trump didn't even address Brian or Dice. I rolled my eyes when Trump clearly thought that the whole impersonator thing was so beneath him.

He lets Dennis go on and on but then cuts off Jesse because Jesse is not being nice to Dennis. If Trump could see past his own sense of self-righteousness, he would see that Jesse wasn't commenting on Dennis' intelligence when he called him stupid. He meant that he was being short-sighted. But hey, whatever Trump wants...

I wonder if Chloe declined to be on the finale because she was still pissed off at Trump and his whole morality-thing?

A Gift from Agman

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The (three-hour) finale."
Next season we will probably end up with Perez Hilton against Miss California. Trump loves the drama.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •