The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ratings for the Apprentice!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Palm Tree 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-10-07, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Palm%20Tree Click to send private message to Palm%20Tree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ratings for the Apprentice!"
I just want to know if there any thread with Ratings information as a topic for The Apprentice in this Forums, if not, can anyone post the name of a site or link to check them out.

For more than a year now I was just reading the posts from some of the shows Reality TV World Message Boards has forums for, and The Apprentice first two seasons had me very much coming alot over here, just recently I decide to get into the discussions as well. I would like to know how the ratings for this show is doing and will do.

I like the idea behind the Apprentice, not the way is been handle by Donald Trump and the producers. I wish that it be more "reality" than "show" and with imput from people like the one's who post here (I know they probably don't read this, right?) because there is a lack of interesting "reality shows" and with the right changes this show maybe still could be in the future, (ironically) a must see tv, IMHO.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ratings for the Apprentice! amea_gari 01-10-07 1
   RE: Ratings for the Apprentice! Palm Tree 01-11-07 2
 RE: Ratings for the Apprentice! blogger 01-11-07 3
 RE: Ratings for the Apprentice! AZ_Leo 01-11-07 4
   RE: Ratings for the Apprentice! Palm Tree 01-12-07 5
       RE: Ratings for the Apprentice! Wacko Jacko 01-12-07 6
           RE: Ratings for the Apprentice! Buggy 01-13-07 7
               4.7 AZ_Leo 01-15-07 8
               RE: Ratings for the Apprentice! foonermints 01-15-07 9
 Futon Critic Snidget 01-15-07 10
   RE: Futon Critic Palm Tree 01-16-07 11
 4.4 AZ_Leo 01-22-07 12
   RE: 4.4 Palm Tree 01-22-07 13
 RE: Ratings for the Apprentice! amea_gari 01-27-07 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-10-07, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ratings for the Apprentice!"
I did a google search 'apprentice 6 ratings'

http://www.infoabouthollywood.com/view/news/1823/
(cut and pasted in case the link fails)

"Maybe Donald Trump should go back to feuding with Martha Stewart. The latest edition of Trump s Apprentice, which premiered Sunday in the wake of its host s war of words with Rosie O Donnell, fired up 9.1 million viewers, down 6 percent from the show s fifth-season premiere, Nielsen Media Research stats show. By comparison, the Apprentice s fifth-season debut, which came in the wake of its host s tiff with Stewart, was sampled by 9.7 million, off only 2 percent from the previous season opener. In short: The Apprentice, which has been trending downward since first-season hopeful Omarosa took her brand of reality-TV villainy to various other outlets, lost fewer viewers when Trump picked a conveniently timed fight with Stewart than with O Donnell."

Maybe Donald Trump should go back to feuding with Martha Stewart. The latest edition of Trump s Apprentice, which premiered Sunday in the wake of its host s war of words with Rosie O Donnell, fired up 9.1 million viewers, down 6 percent from the show s fifth-season premiere, Nielsen Media Research stats show. By comparison, the Apprentice s fifth-season debut, which came in the wake of its host s tiff with Stewart, was sampled by 9.7 million, off only 2 percent from the previous season opener. In short: The Apprentice, which has been trending downward since first-season hopeful Omarosa took her brand of reality-TV villainy to various other outlets, lost fewer viewers when Trump picked a conveniently timed fight with Stewart than with O Donnell."

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

01-11-07, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Palm%20Tree Click to send private message to Palm%20Tree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ratings for the Apprentice!"
Thanks Amea_gari, I did have to copy/paste to get the link to work, however, was able to see the page.

If things keep like this I think this could be the last season for The Apprentice, still they should go back to the original and improve it) format.

For me the "feudings" are not the reason (if there are, is not that much)for the low and lower ratings The Apprentice is getting, actually I am tired of hearing about it.

I feel Donald Trump should keep doing what he does best, business deals, and for Rosie O'Donnell regardless of what people think about her personal choices in live, she is a comedian, actress, and talk show host for years, Rosie is good at those. Personal attacks are not good for anyone.

Ratings only can go up if "profesionalism" is shown from all, IMHO.

blogger 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-11-07, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blogger Click to send private message to blogger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ratings for the Apprentice!"
It's biased, but in an official statement from Trump to Barbara/Rosie in response to yesterday's acknowledgement of the first letter he's quoted some stats. it's on tvguide.ca if you want to check it out.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-11-07, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ratings for the Apprentice!"
I think they should dump Trump and instead hire the Google founders. These guys would be a lot more entertaining then Trump ever could be. Also, what would make a good fit for the company would be much more interesting and creative and off the wall tasks could actually be relevent to the job. I might even consider applying or even going so far as to consistently watch or even volunteer to summarize that one.

A tribephyl original

01-12-07, 00:17 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Ratings for the Apprentice!"
@Blogger: I will check the site thanks.

Reading the message boards, people liked to watch and get involved in discussions about The Apprentice because it was interesting to see how the candidates use their knowledge and own creativity to work on each task given to them. George and Caroline provided good points about how the people worked on every challenge, however, it was Trump attitude and decisions with the "help" of the producers that has done more damage than good. Working to obtain big ratings they only had been killing the show, its so sad.

Unless finally the tv networks understand that there are (RATINGS) a big market wanting to see intelligent reality shows and not "professionals" making a fool of themselfs, this kind of "shows" are going to be a thing of the past.

I guess it doesn't make any sense for a "reality" network or channel in the future, maybe.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-12-07, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ratings for the Apprentice!"
Moving The Apprentice to Sunday nights is going to kill the show. How could they expect The Apprentice to do with a time slot opposite of Desparate Housewives? Plus, there si so many other quality shows on Sundays. I thought this show was going to be on Mondays...it would've done so much better than.

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-13-07, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ratings for the Apprentice!"
Can't wait to see how Trump gets trumped being opposite the 24 premiere this weekend.

Ha Ha Ha!

01-15-07, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "4.7"
LAST EDITED ON 01-15-07 AT 04:50 PM (EST)

Trump's playboy bunnies got a smack down from the Desperate Housewives (10.7).

ETA: "The Apprentice" suffered as did those brave souls who watched.

A tribephyl original

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-07, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ratings for the Apprentice!"
It would have died even next to The Golden Globe Awards.

Handcrafted by RollDice
Plugging California levees.. another use for billions and billions of awards the entertainment industry gives to each other.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-07, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Futon Critic"
Consistantly has the ratings for the past week of shows.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings.aspx?id=sunday is Sunday's

http://www.thefutoncritic.com if that link doesn't work. Click on ratings then the day of the week you want to check out.

It's a tribe creation!

01-16-07, 03:43 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Futon Critic"
Thanks AZ-Leo and Snidget, all the links worked fine!!! (I bookmarked the Futon critic site)

On Mondays at CNBC is when I see The Apprentice and since is shown twice, if I don't catch the first half hour on one time, I can always check it again later that night!

Yesterday I watched the Golden Globe awards and kept changing channels to check on The Apprentice, I didn't see anything that would make me stay that much, (lawyers designing swin suits for a runway didn't seem very appealing to me, unless I am watching Project Runway, but, thats another story)

Agree that Sunday is a terrible day for this show, and I want to see what will become of this "idea" of having the PM that won on the last challenge being the same until the team lose it! I see it unfair for the other candidates, now, about ratings... once downhill...can it get up?

BTW, Donald on the Golden Globes...whats wrong with that picture? He is not a performer, not an announcer, no show running for an award only in HOLLYWOOD!!!

01-22-07, 12:05 PM (EST)
12. "4.4"
Apparently Michelle isn't the only one quitting the Apprentice. Granted it was against part of a football game but anyone believe the ratings will go up without that competition?

"The Apprentice" managed only a 4.4/6 for NBC

A tribephyl original

01-22-07, 10:37 PM (EST)
13. "RE: 4.4"
Wonder if NBC really want to keep The Apprentice on, or if they just wanted to get rid of it for sometime. Sundays could be a reason for poor ratings, however, yet to be remotely impressed by this new "Survivor" approach for the "hiring", seems now more than ever a "game", wait, it is a twisted game, maybe?

Anyway I checked the Futon Critic page as well this time around.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings.aspx

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-27-07, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ratings for the Apprentice!"
Here's a good question. How long will it take Trump to realize his ratings are sucking (he seems to claim he has great ratings no matter how bad the show does) and after that, how many seconds will it take for him to claim it's the Uber Lame Grease show that is making his sink?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •