The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Re: Why didnt Trump discuss the final task AT ALL?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

sexy caramel 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-12-06, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sexy%20caramel Click to send private message to sexy%20caramel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Re: Why didnt Trump discuss the final task AT ALL?"
did anyone notice that in that last board room, Trump did not evaluate the final task? usually he tells them who won the task, gives them feedback, etc (remember last season he said that Rebecca catered too much to Yahoo and not enough to the charity)
anyway I was thinking maybe that he really wanted to hire Sean but maybe Lee did a decent or better job on the final task so Trump decided not to bring it up at all, and instead just asked each one- why should I hire you?? (remember that ##### Liz from Lee's task was even smiling and saying Lee did a good job)

any thoughts?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Re: Why didnt Trump discuss the... mikster 06-12-06 1
 LEE did not deserve to be in the fi... singer 06-12-06 2
   RE: LEE did not deserve to be in th... sexy caramel 06-12-06 3
       RE: LEE did not deserve to be in th... Wacko Jacko 06-12-06 4
           RE: LEE did not deserve to be in th... Deekeryu 06-12-06 5
               RE: LEE did not deserve to be in th... sexy caramel 06-13-06 6
                   RE: LEE did not deserve to be in th... Deekeryu 06-13-06 7
                   RE: LEE did not deserve to be in th... lindan 06-14-06 8
                       RE: LEE did not deserve to be in th... Deekeryu 06-14-06 9
                           RE: LEE did not deserve to be in th... singer 06-14-06 10
                           RE: LEE did not deserve to be in th... sexy caramel 06-14-06 11
                               RE: LEE did not deserve to be in th... lindan 06-14-06 12
                                   RE: LEE did not deserve to be in th... Deekeryu 06-15-06 13
                                       RE: LEE did not deserve to be in th... sexy caramel 06-15-06 14
                                           RE: LEE did not deserve to be in th... singer 06-15-06 15
                                               RE: LEE did not deserve to be in th... JoshInSGV 06-16-06 17
                                                   TAREK is definitely smart... singer 06-17-06 18
                                                   RE: LEE did not deserve to be in th... Deekeryu 06-17-06 19
                                                       RE: LEE did not deserve to be in th... JoshInSGV 06-19-06 20
                                                           RE: LEE did not deserve to be in th... Deekeryu 06-20-06 21
                                                           RE: LEE did not deserve to be in th... Wacko Jacko 06-23-06 22
                                           RE: LEE did not deserve to be in th... Deekeryu 06-15-06 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mikster 5 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-06, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikster Click to send private message to mikster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Re: Why didnt Trump discuss the final task AT ALL?"
Well I think if he evaluated the final task he would have gave away who he would pick for the Apprentice. But also I think he wants as much attention on him and as little on anyone else!

I think Lee just needs more experience and then he would make an amazing Apprentice. I mean you cannot compete with a guy who makes million dollar deals. I'm sure that impressed Trump from the beginning. Anything to do with money gets Trump's attention.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-12-06, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "LEE did not deserve to be in the finals..."
LAST EDITED ON 06-12-06 AT 12:27 PM (EST)

Maybe The Donald did not discuss the task because Lee's drubbing by Sean was so complete that nothing constructive could have been learned from it.

One contestant from the show has stated publicly that Lee was not as good as at least 9 of the other candidates. (Go to Television Without Pity for the complete transcript of this series of statements.)

If this is true, then it is true that Lee was not a stellar player. According to this position, it can also be argued that Lee did not deserve to be in the finals, and that editing, rather than merit, placed him there.

--Singer

06-12-06, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sexy%20caramel Click to send private message to sexy%20caramel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: LEE did not deserve to be in the finals..."
true but if Lee performed so poorly on the last task, Trump would have said something like, "lee, you were a disaster" and then would have given him great reason for hiring Sean. It does seem like there were contestants better than Lee along the way who got fired.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-12-06, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: LEE did not deserve to be in the finals..."
Yes, Trump has never refrained from saying So&So is a disaster before. I think they should've talked more about the task too, but I bet that it was left out because the finale was shorter than it has been on previous seasons...which tells me we needed a longer finale not shorter finale.

Deekeryu 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-12-06, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deekeryu Click to send private message to Deekeryu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: LEE did not deserve to be in the finals..."
Now that you mentiion, it is odd that he didn't mention anything with the final evaluations. I think it didn't need to be said. Lee didn't complety fail the task, but there seemed to be a lot more problems and worries on his side if the thing would fall through, and I think he raised less money on the car auctions. Maybe Trump wanted to raise the suspense with who to hire because it was clear Lee wouldn't be.

06-13-06, 11:21 AM (EST)
6. "RE: LEE did not deserve to be in the finals..."
Yeah but they also showed alot of negative footage of Sean- like Tarik bashing him for meeting with Tammi to go over the menu instead of the pontiac execs, Pontiac being annoyed over the lack of signage etc, Sean leaving key decisions to the rest of his team. while on the other hand the charity in Lee's task (Liz) seemed really happy with his outcome. I would have expected Trump to comment on all of these things, Lee not being there to meet him, maybe something about Lenny, who knows. I also was curious to how they actually did on the tasks. one thing did seem a little unfair- with the auctions of the cars, Sean had a huge advantage b.c he was in atlantic city where people were in a spending/gambling mode, people were drinking etc. people are going to spend more $$ in that setting than at an ice skating rink.

06-13-06, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deekeryu Click to send private message to Deekeryu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: LEE did not deserve to be in the finals..."
Yeah, but those things turned out to be relatively minor on Sean's part. Lee seemed to just bumble his way through the task hoping for a happy outcome. At least he didn't completely fail, but he didn't shine at all.

lindan 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-14-06, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lindan Click to send private message to lindan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: LEE did not deserve to be in the finals..."
>tasks. one thing did seem
>a little unfair- with the
>auctions of the cars, Sean
>had a huge advantage b.c
>he was in atlantic city
>where people were in a
>spending/gambling mode, people were drinking
>etc. people are going to
>spend more $$ in that
>setting than at an ice
>skating rink.

Lee could only blame himself for that. He could have fought hard with Sean to secure himself the Atlantic City Task. Instead, he just gently gave that task to Sean without even putting up a fight. Trump has previously fired many candidates based on the reason that he doesn't think they are tough enough to work in New York. Lee didn't show his toughness with his unwillingness to fight hard for his advantage.

06-14-06, 02:04 PM (EST)
9. "RE: LEE did not deserve to be in the finals..."
>Lee could only blame himself for
>that. He could have
>fought hard with Sean to
>secure himself the Atlantic City
>Task. Instead, he just
>gently gave that task to
>Sean without even putting up
>a fight. Trump has
>previously fired many candidates based
>on the reason that he
>doesn't think they are tough
>enough to work in New
>York. Lee didn't show
>his toughness with his unwillingness
>to fight hard for his
>advantage.

True, yet an executive needs to make quick decisions too, and Lee said he didn't mind picking the other one because he is versatile. Showed he was willing to take the bigger risk, than the guranteed thing.

06-14-06, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: LEE did not deserve to be in the finals..."
Taking a bigger risk does not make him good at the Apprentice game.

Bottom line for me: Lee sucked big eggs.

Tarek is posting on another message board about how bad Lee was as a player.

Interesting that I saw no postings like this about Randal last year, even though some people excoriated him for not giving away his clear win to Rebecca last season.

--Singer

06-14-06, 04:51 PM (EST)
11. "RE: LEE did not deserve to be in the finals..."
But at the time Trump mentioned the tasks, Lee had no way of knowing which would be the better task.
atlantic city was far away - he could have been thinking it would be easier to stay in manhattan- or that he really didnt have a preference at all.

of course we will never know what trump thought about any of this- the decisions of which task, how they performed etc since he completely blew off discussing the task

lindan 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-14-06, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lindan Click to send private message to lindan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: LEE did not deserve to be in the finals..."
Trump first asked Lee which task he wants, and he said the Bare Naked Lady task. But when Sean says he wants the same task, Lee just gave the task to him.

06-15-06, 02:35 AM (EST)
13. "RE: LEE did not deserve to be in the finals..."
Well, the way I saw it Lee knew Donald Trump was looking forward to the Barenaked Ladies task, so he took the other to try to prove he could make the other task just as good the Barenaked Ladies one Donald was more interested in. That was the risk.

And I guess Tarek's opinion is his opinion. When the candidates voted, it was pretty much split 50/50 though. There was no doubt Lee sucked compared to Sean on the last task, but who is the better fit longer term for Donald was really what everyone should have been thinking of. Lee could be easy to mould into, and Trump seems to like the young inexperienced kids - Andy from Season 3, whom he later hired by the way.

06-15-06, 09:05 AM (EST)
14. "RE: LEE did not deserve to be in the finals..."
I didnt know that Trunp hired Andy- that is very interesting. how did you find out?

also does anyone have the link to the Tarek comments?
I feel like Tarek loves to stir up controversy- the way he was bashing Sean during the final task, etc.

06-15-06, 09:49 AM (EST)
15. "RE: LEE did not deserve to be in the finals..."
go to www.televisionwithoutpity.com

Tarek is posting under the "Maniac" moniker on his thread. His tone is straightforward and apparently truthful.

I am pretty convinced that his statements are true, and I'm usually a very hard sell on issues related to evidence.

And by the way, he speaks very highly of Sean and of Sean's abilities in this thread. So the television editing "thing" that some of us have discussed here becomes even more glaring in the face of these statements.

--Singer

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-16-06, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: LEE did not deserve to be in the finals..."
Singer,
I read Tarek's postings on the other site. They definitelly give an interesting perspective about what goes on in the show behind the scenes. One thing that is very apparent when reading his postings is that Tarek is a very intelligent individual. He expresses himself really well and he makes some really good points regarding his behavior/decisions on the show, as well as the behavior/decisions made by some of his cast mates. Whether you agree with his reasoning or not, I can understand his line of thinking. Based on what I've read, I think he got a really lousy edit. He was made to look inefficent and unintelligent. The whole MENSA thing was definitelly blown out of proportion.

06-17-06, 06:22 PM (EST)
18. "TAREK is definitely smart..."
and he got a lousy edit, like you said, Josh. I'll bet that this happened to a lot of cast members, not just during this season.

It would have been a better show if they had let Tarek and some of the other smart players advance to the finals.

When the producers try to sell the viewers a pre-determined story line, everyone loses out.

--Singer

06-17-06, 08:41 PM (EST)
19. "RE: LEE did not deserve to be in the finals..."
Does he say why he thinks Trump had it so into him about MENSA? I mean Trump even mentions MENSA in the finale to Tarek.

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-19-06, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: LEE did not deserve to be in the finals..."
LAST EDITED ON 06-19-06 AT 04:15 PM (EST)

The only thing Tarek mentioned about Trump's fixation with the MENSA thing is that Trump doesn't really know the candidates, so he tries to remember who they are by a distinctive trait (ie Lenny is the Russian, Charmaine is the hot one, Lee is the politician, etc.). This explanation makes sense to me. Could this be the reason why Trump and his cronies didn't remember Pepi??

Based on Tarek's postings, I didnt get the impression that Tarek was bothered by Trump's comments. He comes across as being a very intelligent and confident man. He's probably thankful he didn't win the nefarious title of "The Apprentice". That makes me wonder how many of the candidates actually go on the show to win. Is it possible that many are just playing along to show off their skills and have no intent of actually winning the damn thing?

06-20-06, 01:51 PM (EST)
21. "RE: LEE did not deserve to be in the finals..."
Yeah, probably just to get exposure. I just keep hearing of candidates even the people who didn't win nor were second place who got job offers based on their time on the show.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-23-06, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: LEE did not deserve to be in the finals..."
>That makes
>me wonder how many of
>the candidates actually go on
>the show to win. Is
>it possible that many are
>just playing along to show
>off their skills and have
>no intent of actually winning
>the damn thing?

I know this is true. Many candidates are not on the show to win. I know a friend of one of the contestents from a previous season. This contestent was on the show to further their acting career. This candidate was happy they did not win.

As far as showing off their business skills. That is part of it for others. Think of the promotion you get. Before the show you are Joe Q Public after the show you are a celebrity....makes selling your business much easier after being on national tv. Like they say....any publicity is good publicity....these candidates are smart....they are getting publicity whether it be for their acting or business.

06-15-06, 02:20 PM (EST)
16. "RE: LEE did not deserve to be in the finals..."
I found out about the Andy hiring through the reality news and boards. Heidi Dressler from Season 1 is also working for Donald. I talked to her about it at the fishbowl site.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •