The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"why does America hate Lee?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

freakusmaximus2 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-26-06, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail freakusmaximus2 Click to send private message to freakusmaximus2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"why does America hate Lee?"
when they do the "get rich with trump" contest, Lee always gets at least 20% of the vote for most likley to be fired- even when his team has done a great job and is clearly going to win. why is it that everyone hates him? I know he has been annoying in earlier episodes but lately seems to be working really hard and doing pretty well. anyone care to explain?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: why does America hate Lee? Wacko Jacko 05-26-06 1
   RE: why does America hate Lee? freakusmaximus2 05-26-06 2
       Why are Trump and Burnett Manipulat... singer 05-26-06 3
           RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manip... freakusmaximus2 05-26-06 4
               RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manip... ARnutz 05-26-06 5
                   RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manip... Sahara 05-26-06 7
                       RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manip... Toushay 06-02-06 43
                   Chances of winning. Estee 05-29-06 15
               People do not like Lee, singer 05-31-06 21
               RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manip... SurvivorBlows 06-01-06 28
                   RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manip... tarmaq 06-01-06 32
                       RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manip... SurvivorBlows 06-01-06 33
                           RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manip... freakusmaximus2 06-01-06 35
                               RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manip... SurvivorBlows 06-01-06 36
                                   RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manip... freakusmaximus2 06-01-06 37
                                       RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manip... ARnutz 06-02-06 42
                                           RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manip... singer 06-05-06 54
                           RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manip... Estee 06-02-06 41
                       RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manip... Systic Axil 06-01-06 38
                           RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manip... iltarion 06-02-06 39
                   Well... AyaK 06-02-06 49
       RE: why does America hate Lee? pbe11 06-05-06 60
 RE: why does America hate Lee? JoshInSGV 05-26-06 6
   RE: why does America hate Lee? freakusmaximus2 05-26-06 8
 RE: why does America hate Lee? momof4inVA 05-27-06 9
   RE: why does America hate Lee? freakusmaximus2 05-27-06 10
       RE: why does America hate Lee? Reality432423 05-27-06 11
       RE: why does America hate Lee? JoshInSGV 05-30-06 17
 RE: why does America hate Lee? AshLanie 05-29-06 12
   RE: why does America hate Lee? freakusmaximus2 05-29-06 13
       RE: why does America hate Lee? AshLanie 05-29-06 14
       RE: why does America hate Lee? SurvivorBlows 06-01-06 29
       RE: why does America hate Lee? singer 06-05-06 55
 RE: why does America hate Lee? adricharlie 05-30-06 16
 RE: why does America hate Lee?/ Can... Casandra 05-30-06 18
   RE: why does America hate Lee?/ Can... Deekeryu 05-30-06 19
       RE: why does America hate Lee?/ Can... freakusmaximus2 05-30-06 20
           RE: why does America hate Lee?/ Can... SurvivorBlows 06-01-06 31
               RE: why does America hate Lee?/ Can... freakusmaximus2 06-01-06 34
   RE: why does America hate Lee?/ Can... freakusmaximus2 05-31-06 22
       RE: why does America hate Lee?/ Can... Wacko Jacko 05-31-06 23
           RE: why does America hate Lee?/ Can... JoshInSGV 06-02-06 45
   RE: why does America hate Lee?/ Can... Sly027 05-31-06 24
       RE: why does America hate Lee?/ Can... Deekeryu 05-31-06 25
           RE: why does America hate Lee?/ Can... freakusmaximus2 05-31-06 26
       RE: why does America hate Lee?/ Can... Systic Axil 05-31-06 27
       Yes Canada did pick Lee read the po... Casandra 06-06-06 62
           YES, The Donald did pick Sean... singer 06-06-06 63
               RE: YES, The Donald did pick Sean..... geg6 06-06-06 64
           RE: NO!!! Canada did not pick Lee Sly027 06-06-06 65
 RE: why does America hate Lee? iltarion 06-01-06 30
   RE: why does America hate Lee? singer 06-02-06 40
       RE: why does America hate Lee? JoshInSGV 06-02-06 46
       RE: why does America hate Lee? freakusmaximus2 06-02-06 48
           RE: why does America hate Lee? JoshInSGV 06-02-06 50
               RE: why does America hate Lee? freakusmaximus 06-04-06 51
                   RE: why does America hate Lee? singer 06-05-06 56
                   RE: why does America hate Lee? JoshInSGV 06-05-06 61
 RE: why does America hate Lee? Toushay 06-02-06 44
 RE: why does America hate Lee? BOYmeetsREALITY 06-02-06 47
 RE: why Pricing Problems for one karen35 06-05-06 52
   George on Holiday? Reality432423 06-05-06 53
       RE: George on Holiday? AshLanie 06-05-06 57
           RE: George on Holiday? iltarion 06-07-06 67
 RE: why does America hate Lee? Oneironaut 06-06-06 66

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-26-06, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
I think some people were annoyed at him for checking out of those two tasks for the Jewish holidays. Most people in this country would work thru religious holiday's if we were on a show competing for this job. It did not help him when Lenny who is also jewish said that he competed. By checking out he left himself as safe from being fired.

The last couple of weeks there have been so few contestents that even members from the winning team could land in the bottom three. I think this whole viewer voting is falling right into Donald's plans. The viewing public will vote for Sean and Donald can hire Sean even if lee outshines in him in the final task. Who knows maybe Donald himself is calling in a voting for Lee to get fired.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-26-06, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail freakusmaximus2 Click to send private message to freakusmaximus2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
I really think its awful that people hate Lee b/c he observed a religious holiday. also the fact that Lenny didnt observe those holdays is irrelevant b/c Lenny is obviously not a religious person and Lee is. the Apprentice would never have been taped during Christmas or Easter so we will never know if those Christians in the group would have observed their holiday. seems to me that America is Anti-Semetic.

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-26-06, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Why are Trump and Burnett Manipulative?"
"seems to me that America is Anti-Semetic." (sp)

The issue is not America, because the votes and polls do not provide a true gauge of public opinion on this issue.

The issue is Mark Burnett and Donald Trump. They created a story arc around a controversial topic (should people be allowed to observe religious holidays during a job interview process?), and they did it on purpose. It was not necessary to do this. They did this for ratings.

Perhaps they are the ones who should receive the label that is being used in the original post.

It seems wrong to pin that label on America, because the country is not responsible for setting the Trump and Burnett taping schedule.

--Singer

05-26-06, 03:15 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manipulative?"
Singer- I agree with you. As I said in an earlier post, I doubt the show would have taped during Christmas or Easter. Being that they could have taped during any time they wanted, it seems strange they would pick the weeks of the jewish high holidays, eps since there were several jewish people on the show (I think 1 or 2 others besides Lee and Lenny)It is definitely setting up the contestants for controversy.
I guess my original question still stands, why do people hate Lee so much? is it because of the holidays or because he was a "politician" or because people simply dont like him??

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-26-06, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manipulative?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-06 AT 04:29 PM (EST)

...and the whole holiday issue has already been discussed here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID62/2085.shtml

...but as to your original question, it seems to me that the text voting is just showing us the three candididates who are getting the most votes during the show, before the task is won or done even. It's totally unsceintific and there are likely millions of people (like me) who refuse to even vote because we feel it is a waste of time. Donald isn't going to listen to me anyway. He's going to fire whomever he wants.

Clearly, it is one more gimmick to make us more "involved" in a failing show. Plus, it tries to suck us in more by telling us we can win $10,000. Yeah, right. What are the odds that I would actually win?

Sahara 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-26-06, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sahara Click to send private message to Sahara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manipulative?"
You are right, there is no way the vote is influencing Donald. This show is not live, so how COULD Donald be listening to the results of the voting? Unless he looks at past results to apply to the finale, which I seriously doubt. It's just a gimmick, trying to get three more viewers to watch the show and double the audience.

AF 2006

Toushay 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-02-06, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Toushay Click to send private message to Toushay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manipulative?"
The show probably pre tapes his announcements, and he does a different one featuring each candidate. Then they can run with the one that matches the votes.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-06, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Chances of winning."
What are the odds that I would actually win?

Well, let's see... there's twenty people left still watching the show...

05-31-06, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "People do not like Lee, "
because he is manipulative. Other players are as well, but he is very upfront with that impulse.

Some people find it revolting. That is why they do not like him.

--Singer

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-06, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manipulative?"
>Being that they could have taped during any
>time they wanted, it seems strange they would pick the
>weeks of the jewish high holidays, eps since there were
>several jewish people on the show (I think 1 or
>2 others besides Lee and Lenny)It is definitely setting up
>the contestants for controversy.

Personally, Lee's decision to take time off during the show has nothing to do with my feelings about him, but to be clear, they couldn't tape whenever they wanted.

The show was due to premiere in January, it had to tape in the fall. And given all the shows they have in the works (Survivor, The Apprentice, The Contender, etc.) Mark Burnett, the show's producer, doesn't have as much scheduling flexibility as you seem to think. Spring Survivor and The Apprentice editions always tape in the fall, and each requires about a 40 day shoot. The Apprentice typically goes first (no sense dealing with the harsher winter whether if you can avoid it) after which Survivor tapes, with Survivor's tapings typically including Thansgiving and ending in mid-December.

Technically, the show participation agreement that Lee and everyone else signed stated that they agreed to make themselves completely available during the taping period. Since Lee (and Dan) clearly didn't do that, one could also make the case that if anyone was acting in bad faith it was Lee and Dan -- when they agreed to appear on the show, they already knew the production dates and therefore knew they would have religious conflicts.

tarmaq 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-01-06, 02:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tarmaq Click to send private message to tarmaq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manipulative?"
So are you saying the "fifteen week job interview" is a lie? That's it's really a "seven week job interview"?

Regardless - even if you had only "40" days, you could still avoid those two days. As others have said, do you really feel people would have taped/shot on Thanksgiving or Christmas? Family times?

Lastly, if George has latitude to take those holidays off (and likely any other holy-day keepers in the Trump organization) it would be completely unfair to "require" any "apprentices" to work on them.

06-01-06, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manipulative?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-01-06 AT 11:47 AM (EST)

>So are you saying the "fifteen week job interview" is a
>lie? That's it's really a "seven week job interview"?

Yes, it refers to the program's scheduling, not the filming time. I didn't realize anyone was still confused about that. The show does film in New York -- which has seasons -- didn't you wonder why the weather never changed significantly in fifteen weeks? It's no different than game shows like "Jeopardy" taping five episodes in one day and saying "join us tomorrow," "we'll pick this up on Tuesday," etc.

>Regardless - even if you had only "40" days, you could
>still avoid those two days. As others have said, do
>you really feel people would have taped/shot on Thanksgiving or
>Christmas? Family times?

No offense, but once again, you are showing your ignorance and making blanket statements about topics you clearly know nothing about. Yes, Survivor tapes during the Thanksgiving holiday all the time. They even frequently make a point of showing a clip in which the castaways lament missing the holiday, their families, etc. Other reality shows like The Amazing Race also regularly film during the holiday season.

>Lastly, if George has latitude to take those holidays off (and
>likely any other holy-day keepers in the Trump organization) it
>would be completely unfair to "require" any "apprentices" to work
>on them.

Why? Should the production also automatically work around all Muslim holidays? How about Hindu holidays? Do you think that if a Jewish executive has the flexibility to take a holiday off the company extends that right to the lowest members of the organization? Since when is the business world remotely "fair"? Is it "fair" that many executives are taking home millions while a low level grunt doesn't even earn a living wage? Companies decide that business circumstances require someone to "work" on a holiday all the time and Lee knew the production schedule when he agreed to participate.

Given that anyone who has made it that far into the casting process has been made aware that the show is a continuous ~40 day shoot, if Lee had questions about whether the production would outright stop during the Jewish holidays he should have asked about it upfront. The onus was on him to be available for the show's production days, not for the several hundred crew members involved in the shoot to reschedule their production schedule around the fact that a Jewish person wanted to participate. The Apprentice has previously taped in the fall and none of the other Jewish contestants ever did what Lee and Dan did, and there have been many (Alla Wartenberg was Jewish. So was Adam Israelov. And Brian Mandelbaum. And Andy Litinsky. And Stacy Rotner. And Brad Cohen. And Heidi Bressler. And David Gould. And Sam Solovey. And The Apprentice's first and third seasons also filmed during the same fall timeframe as the show's current fifth season.)

Obviously you have some extreme affection for Lee, but as others have pointed out, many viewers dislike Lee for reasons that have nothing to do with his decision to skip two tasks. And if you want to make a case for the merits of Lee's actions, it'd help if the "facts" that you cite to support your case were actually true.

06-01-06, 12:00 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manipulative?"
so let me ask you this: how do we know that when Lee auditioned for Apprentice he actually knew what days the show was to be taped? isnt it possible that he made it to the final rounds of auditions and then got the taping schedule and saw it fell on 2 important holidays (also, unlike fixed holidays such a christas, the jewish holidays fall on different days each year- sometimes as early as the beginning of september and sometimes as late as october. so we really have no idea whether past apprentices faced this situation)
Isnt it also possible that Lee asked the producers if it was ok if he took off those holdidays? I am sure the producers would have to say it was ok, otherwise face the possibility of religious descrimination and bad press. I am also sure that they were secretly thrilled at the prospect of creating controversy for the contestants. I kind of think that Lee and the other guy (I dont remember who) who went to temple services on those holidays had been given some sort of assurances by the producers. notice how trump wasnt the least bit offended that they took off? also it seems like the other contestants were annoyed for like a day and got over it. its only on these message boards that people seem to think it was so wrong

06-01-06, 12:49 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manipulative?"
>so let me ask you this: how do we know that
>when Lee auditioned for Apprentice he actually knew what days
>the show was to be taped?

The timeframe of the show's production dates are always listed on the initial application that applicants fill out, and if they change (which they rarely do with a highly tuned machine like Mark Burnett Productions), the producers update the applicants on the dates as the casting process continues -- after all, they don't want to waste their time considering someone who might noty be available for the production dates. I'm not going to waste my time continuing to discuss this issue if you can't even bother to respect the discussion enough to be aware of a topic before you begin questioning someone else's knowledge of the issue.

>isnt it possible that he made it to the
>final rounds of auditions and then got the taping schedule
>and saw it fell on 2 important holidays

No.

>Isnt it also possible that Lee asked the producers if it
>was ok if he took off those holdidays?

Sure it's possible. It's also possible that he didn't.

>I am sure the producers would have to say it was ok,
>otherwise face the possibility of religious descrimination and bad press.

"I am sure" -- is this like you were "sure" a show would never film on Thansgiving? Once again, not only is complete pure speculation on your part but getting the producer's "OK" to skip the tasks and expecting the show to shut down production during the holidays are two completely different things.

As is the fact that, if this theorical question was asked, Lee should have realized that the producers wouldn't be the ones to hold his decision against him -- it would be his still undetermined fellow contestants that would be in a position to potentially hold his decision against him.

>I am also sure that they were secretly thrilled at
>the prospect of creating controversy for the contestants.

Sure they were, they're reality TV producers -- more likely, if Lee asked them the question, they would have probably said something non-commital like "like everything else, that's your decision." Any contestant is free to quit the show at any time. It's not like Burnett's shows haven't seen contestants outright quit before -- it's happened on each of The Apprentice, Survivor, and The Contender.

>I kind of think that Lee and the other guy (I dont
>remember who) who went to temple services on those holidays
>had been given some sort of assurances by the producers.

Once again, more complete baseless speculation on your part -- and speculation that would appear to conflict with your prior recognition that as reality TV producers are looking FOR DRAMA and not likely to go out of their way and prevent it by officially sanctioning Lee and Dan's decisions.

>notice how trump wasnt the least bit offended that they
>took off? also it seems like the other contestants were
>annoyed for like a day and got over it. its
>only on these message boards that people seem to think
>it was so wrong

A small minority of the "message board people" think it was "so wrong" -- and IMHO, they are more than offset by a small group of message board people who think his decision was "so right."

I'd suspect that Trump's reaction, like no doubt that of many of the on-camera contestants, was influenced by political correctness -- something that's not an issue on an anonymous message board in which the poster's opinion is not broadcast to ten million television viewers.

And we don't really know whether the contestants really "got over it" in a day or so -- for all we know, some of the contestants could have even decided that political correctness be damned, they were going to make it clear that that didn't like the move (Brent did bring Lee into the boardroom after he missed his second task) and the producers just felt it was a sensitive storyline that they didn't want to get into -- after all, thousands of hours of footage end up on the cutting room floor (did anyone see an inkling of the Sean/Tammy relationship before Ep10?)

Not to mention that even if any candidates did have an issue with it, Trump's public comments that he didn't have a problem with Lee's decision and decision to not hold Lee accountable when Brent took Lee into the boardroom and tried to make it an issue should also have been a pretty clear indication to the remaining candidates that the issue wasn't worth pursuing further.

06-01-06, 02:14 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manipulative?"
"I'm not going to waste my time continuing to discuss this issue if you can't even bother to respect the discussion enough to be aware of a topic before you begin questioning someone else's knowledge of the issue."

Give me a break. Most people arent experts in reality TV production schedules as you seem to be, which is fine that you are, but there is no need to be hostile to someone who is posting questions in good faith. Its not like I do this for a living.

"I am sure" -- is this like you were "sure" a show would never film on Thansgiving? Once again, not only is complete pure speculation on your part but getting the producer's "OK" to skip the tasks and expecting the show to shut down production during the holidays are two completely different things.

Seems like the tone of your response is a bit out of conformance with the guidelines of this very board. First of all, no need to bash me b.c. I dont devote my life to knowing everything about reality TV. Every other poster on this thread is having a genuine discussion about what they think about the topic- obviously most of the things people post is based on their opinions- isnt that the point? Second, for the record, Thanksgiving isnt a religious holiday so probably isnt in the same category. I guess Christmas or Easter would be better examples. Nobody would ever hold it against an observant Christain for going to church on one of those days.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-06, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manipulative?"
Most people arent experts in reality TV production schedules...

Ah, but SurvivorBlows (aka Webby) is.

...out of conformance with the guidelines of this very board.

*clicks guidelines*

*notices the author of said guidelines*

06-05-06, 07:41 AM (EST)
54. "RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manipulative?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-05-06 AT 07:44 AM (EST)

*notices entry in guidelines*

"II. DO NOT ATTACK OTHER MEMBERS
Personal attacks on other members will not be tolerated. Challenging the points of view and the opinions of other members is permitted, but only as long as you can do so respectfully and thoughtfully, without personal attack or insult. If you cannot be tolerant of others' beliefs and opinions, then please avoid introducing, reading or participating in topics that lead to such discussions."

Just sayin' y'all...Observation is not directed at any one person.

ETA last two sentences.

--Singer

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-06, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manipulative?"
And Stacy Rotner.

A lot of people don't know this, but I'm also short.

Systic Axil 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

06-01-06, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Systic%20Axil Click to send private message to Systic%20Axil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manipulative?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-01-06 AT 03:37 PM (EST)

>Lastly, if George has latitude to take those holidays off (and
>likely any other holy-day keepers in the Trump organization)
>it would be completely unfair to "require" any "apprentices"
>to work on them.

I agree that is a legitimate way of looking at the issue.

However, one can take this one step further, by analyzing the expectations behind George's and Lee's respective roles.

George's responsibilities are like that of a plumber or a teacher: It doesn't matter who fixes the sink, as long as it gets fixed. Also, if a teacher calls in sick, no-problem, just call in a substitute.

The problem with Lee's responsibilities, is that they're dependent upon Lee performing them himself: Lee's role is similar to that of an American Idol TV show contestant. Would it be fair to the other contestants, if Kelly Clarkson refused to perform for one night, but was still allowed to advance into the semi-finals?

Or, looking at Lee's situation in another way, what if I were a hiring manager for a large corporation. If one of the job applicants missed his initial interview with me, would I still automatically advance this guy into my intermediate-round of interviews?

The difference between George and Lee according to the minority view, is that one is taking time off from doing his job. The other is benefiting from avoiding the competition for a job.

Trump and Burnett did provide Lee with the opportunity. But it was also Lee's perogative whether to accept it. Actions like these reveal where Lee's moral compass is at this point in his young professional life.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-06, 03:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Why are Trump and Burnett Manipulative?"
Great post.

SurvivorBlows, despite the horrendous moniker, made some great points as well. Though as knowledgible as those posts were, Bryce was the one that brought Lee into the boardroom, not Brent. No one would have allowed Brent to be a PM, ever.

Lee getting immunity from two boardrooms was not fair for everyone else, period. I completely respect his religious devotion and decision to adhere to it, but that doesn't mean it was fair for everyone else. He should be accountable for his actions and not MB or Trump. Regardless, I would prefer Sean even if Lee had participated in those tasks. Sean has a personality and a backbone. Lee allowed Lenny, of all people, to pick his team for him. Lee has some good ideas, but he is not a leader.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-06, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "Well..."
The Apprentice 3 didn't start shooting until early October; The Apprentice 5 began shooting over a month earlier. Rosh Hashanah in 2005 was September 15. However, NBC had said earlier that, because it had the Olympics, it was probably going to hold its spring debuts (including The Apprentice 5) until after the Olympics -- which meant that The Apprentice 5 would debut later than The Apprentice 3 did.

Like singer, I think Burnett deliberately wanted this High Holy Days conflict -- but not because he's an anti-Semite. As Burnett well knows, conflict makes for good reality TV.

pbe11 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-05-06, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pbe11 Click to send private message to pbe11 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
"seems to me that America is Anti-Semetic."

I hate to say that the issue with hating Lee is more complex that labeling it as one group hating another group for their religion. Lee is manipulative in his own right. He seems to be using his religion as an excuse, those 2 absences, to avoid tasks. Granted Trump allowed this for whatever reason. Regardless, HE DID NOT SHOW UP for the jobs, therefore, America hates people who shirk on their responsibilities period- regardless of religion or sickness or even more popular CHILDREN! Childless workers and workers with children often are on opposite sides of tension for this reason.

Also, Lee is NOT a sympathetic character. He seems full of himself on the interviews but in real life his performance seems mediocre. I am not a fan of Lee period, and his choices to be absent not once by TWICE regardless of reason make his work ethic seem less stellar .

It's a shame he he used his religious beliefs in this way. He wasn't sending out a message out of solidarity, he was clearly being selfish.

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-26-06, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-06 AT 06:57 PM (EST)

I will admit to it. I dislike Lee. It has NOTHING to do with checking out on two tasks to observe religious holidays. It has EVERYTHING to do with some attitudes that he's displayed which, in my eyes, seem DUPLICITOUS. When Tarek and Charmaine got fired, Lee said in his confessional that he would not strategize with anyone about who should be fired. Yet, immediatelly after we see him individually scheming with Michael, Tarek and Charmaine. That was so hypocritical! I'm not saying that Charmaine or Tarek didnt deserve to be fired. But, I have a problem when people say one thing to the camera and then they turn around and do the exact opposite. It shows a lack of integrity. Even Trump and his cronies have labeled him a "politician" several times in the boardroom because he has this way of skirting around issues withouth really saying anything at all. The fact that Trump has accepted his wishy-washy responses has always irked me because other contestants have gotten themselves fired for not "saying it like it is".

05-26-06, 08:27 PM (EST)
8. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
interesting. my husband doesnt like Lee either for the same reason- he thinks he is too "slick", a politician, always arguing both sides of every situation. I think these arent such bad attributes, maybe for a different job. was thinking maybe at some level Trump liked Lee- he is reasonably smart and articulate. Trump has called him a politician many times- but has given no indication if that was a turn off or a turn on.

momof4inVA 120 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-06, 01:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail momof4inVA Click to send private message to momof4inVA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
Freakusmaximus2,
I don't know why everyone hates Lee, but I do know why I don't like him. I think he is a brown nose and if that is what "The Donald" wants then more power to him. I really think that you have to have your own opinions to be on "The Apprentist" I think that Lee has always worked hard. But he is always ready to be disingenios(sp) when dealing with the other castmates .

05-27-06, 10:02 AM (EST)
10. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
I agree, but arent all of the contestants brown -nosers to Trump who back stab each other ?
Trump is sort of unpredictable- sometimes he has fired people for not defending themselves or sticking up for friends and then other times those same qualities piss him off and he fires people for back stabbing each other.
I am starting to think that the main problem with Lee is that he is young- looking. he has a sort of innocent look about him and so when he brown- noses it seems more whiney and brat-like than calculated and sophisticated. I also think the editing may play up those characteristics.
the other thing that is interesting is that it seems almost everyone Trumo works with (including carolyn and george and all of those corporate people who head his watches or trump water, etc) ALL seem to kiss his ***. I have never heard anyone disagree with Trump about anything. so maybe Lee is exactly the kind of person thar Trump likes to hire?!

Reality432423 153 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-06, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Reality432423 Click to send private message to Reality432423 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
I like Lee alot. He's quite mature for his age. As I said in a previous post, he didn't take things personal like Allie and Roxanne did. Also he did some political move and backstabbing, but it wasn't execessive or mean.

Also he was very loyal to Lenny, I like that alot. Lee was willing to risk going in the boardroom to advocate for Lenny, which was risky.

As for the Holiday issue, I don't think it was a big deal now. He pretty much proved himself the other tasks. Even the one he lost, I thought he did a great job of gathering people, but the girls simple smart approach was the key there.

I think regardless of the final two, people won't like them, because it's Trumps pick. For me, I like this show alot. Unlike Survivor or Big Brother the Final 2 in Apprentice I like both finalists. There both great and I don't mind who wins, unless something drastic happens in the final episodes.

05-30-06, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
Freakusmaximus,
I agree that all contestants on the apprentice kiss Trump's a$$. That's definitelly one strategy well implemented in the apprentice game. I also agree that most contestants do end up backstabbing one another. The fact that Lee exhibits these behaviors doesn't really bother me. What bothers me is the holier-than-thou attitude. Lee has a complete lack of self-awareness that rubs me the wrong way. I would have more respect for Lee if he looked at the camera and said "I'm going to strategize. I'm going to scheme. I'm going to do whatever it takes to get this job". The fact that there's a discrepency between his confessionals and his actions show a lack of integrity reminiscent of The Fiendship from Big Brother 6.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-06, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
I don't feel people hate (hate is such a strong word anyhow) in that, like me, didn't understand the Jeweish holidays.

But the end result is that the show continued to tape during a time when they could have stopped.......it was all for drama and Lee was the one left holding the bag.

I actually have grown to like Lee, he is young and educated. But feel he would do much better elsewhere...course I feel that way about most of the winners lately.

I feel he has proven himself....as PM he divied out the tasks as needed and followed through with maing sure each person's tasks were on target or close to it.

But the big task he will have is face is when the past contestants, whoever they might be, come back into the picture. Who does he pick for his team? Will any try and mess him up like amarosa did to Randal? And if so, will this PM fire the person as Randal should have done? There are a couple I could think of that would, if given the opportunity, love to mess up either candidates chances.

I actually like both finalists.....they seem to be friends (Not acting)but would love to hear the words, when one is told they are hired...no thanks i quit.

05-29-06, 11:01 AM (EST)
13. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
I like Lee also- which is why I am surprised when each week he gets so many votes on the "get rich with trump" contest (notice Shawn gets none?! clearly the puplic loves shawn.)
also with the whole holiday thing, why did people have such a hard time understanding - I mean, Randal flew home when his grandmother died and clearly missed some tasks but nobody wanted to fire him for it

05-29-06, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-29-06 AT 05:09 PM (EST)

>I like Lee also- which is
>why I am surprised when
>each week he gets so
>many votes on the "get
>rich with trump" contest (notice
>Shawn gets none?! clearly the
>puplic loves shawn.)
>also with the whole holiday thing,
>why did people have such
>a hard time understanding -
>I mean, Randal flew home
>when his grandmother died and
>clearly missed some tasks but
>nobody wanted to fire him
>for it

Considering a holiday is a set day (and Lee took TWO holidays off from two diffferent tasks) and a death in the family isn't (A couple of hours for Randall) I can see why the difference.

But doesn't matter now...Lee has made the finals and now it is up to the two finalists to pick the right *employees* from the fired contestants that will shine for them (Lee and Sean) not hurt them.

06-01-06, 00:37 AM (EST)
29. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
>I like Lee also- which is why I am surprised when
>each week he gets so many votes on the "get
>rich with trump" contest (notice Shawn gets none?! clearly the
>puplic loves shawn.)

You must be seeing different results than me. The running joke on the ones that I saw was that every week, Allie was at the top of the "who should be fired" list. Now *THAT'S* someone that the viewing public clearly disliked, LOL

>also with the whole holiday thing, why did people have such
>a hard time understanding - I mean, Randal flew home
>when his grandmother died and clearly missed some tasks but
>nobody wanted to fire him for it

Randal didn't miss "some tasks." In fact, he didn't miss a single task. He got word that his grandmother died as the teams were executing their first task:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/melissa-becomes-first-%91the-apprentice-4%92-contestant-be-fired-3714.php

...Trump offered him the chance to leave the competition, but he declined the offer. After the task was done and the winner announced, Trump arranged for his private helicopter to fly Randal to his grandmother's funeral in the relatively nearby Philadelphia suburbs. He was probably out of the competition for a total of 6-7 hours, and none of it was while the team was executing their task assignment (which they won, btw.)

06-05-06, 07:51 AM (EST)
55. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-05-06 AT 07:53 AM (EST)

Freakusmaximus2, another poster mentioned that the voting appears to be a gimmick. (perhaps for ratings in an era of decreasing viewer interest in the show?) I tend to agree.

No mention of tabulating process appears to be available, so I am wondering if this is another producer-induced campaign to sway viewer opinion about each candidate.

In other words, it may not be true that Sean has gotten no negative votes. It may be true that we aren't told the true tallies.

But who knows? At this point, I believe about 70% of what I see on this show. (And that's a generous statistic.) The rest I put to the editing process.

--Singer

adricharlie 1242 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-30-06, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail adricharlie Click to send private message to adricharlie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
Actually, and I could be wrong, I don't think the votes have anything to do with how people necessarily feel about any of the contestants. As I understand it, people vote and then of the people that voted correctly, meaning that person was fired, someone is chosen as the winner of the $10,000. The voting is also done before you even necessarily know which team is going to win and there are some weeks when it is hard to tell who will win. With Lee's track record of ending up in the boardroom when he is on the losing team, people are probably just gambling on the odds that he will get the boot.

Casandra 9 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-06, 02:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Casandra Click to send private message to Casandra Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: why does America hate Lee?/ Canada loves Lee/Sean is appalling!!"
Thankfully we love Lee and want him to win in Canada.

Who the heck would vote for some English Lovesick model wannabe? Sean is useless.

Lee is an extremely intelligent but young. He needs Lenny and Pepi and Roxanne to take that Dragon Liz from the firefighters and put her in her place. She is just jealous she is not doing the event. She dared to tell Lee she has done it for five years and thinks he is not handling it well but she gives no support or ideas on what the hell she wants. Lee had good ideas. She was wrong to put them down. Obviously the date auction was a good idea and of course it would be with single firefighters not the married ones...what type of brain does this woman have??

To compound this Lee also gets those car people who again were unbelievable. Lee asked them to match the contributions but that bald dude's eyes almost feel out of his head! Then later that broad from one of the car places had the nerve to say Lee missed an opportunity there...he saw that bald dude almost explode was she blind??? so instead Lee asked for both cars. He was not stupid to assume they would give him matching funds with such a crazy reaction from the bald dude.They were useless in offering what they could bring to the table themselves. Seriously if they were willing to match funds they should have said so did they totally lose sight that this is a charity??? Not some ego contest...I know that Liz has.

Sean is despicable...letting an employee wander off who is bleeding from her nose and coughing up blood she could have an ulcer..she could die ffs what is he thinking! Oh right he doesn't think past himself and who he wants to do. I have no love for Andrea as you know, I think her the most useless of them all, all skin and bones and mouth, but I wish no one ill and would have taken care of her, because thats what you do as a boss as a human being! Sean is completely unworthy of being anyones boss...all he could think to do was hug and kiss her??? GOOD GOD what a loser, and his love interest Tammy is absolutely appalling to calming sit at her keyboard and make Andrea a map so she can do some shopping since she will be out is just incredibly stupid...she isnt 'out' Tammy you dummy, she is sick and you should call 911. She sits there like some queen because some english nutcase likes her ...appalling the pair of them. (I guess that means they are totally suited!)

If Donald hires these idiots I have lost all respect for his ability to even know a good employee if it sat on him. Speaking of who he hires...

Carolyn is completely ignorant this whole show. She is so rude as to ask who Pepi is???...well Carolyn he happens to be the only one who as project manager saw how hard his team worked and said to Donald I can't in good conscience pick one out anyone for firing and took the fall for the team...
Carolyn he is an honourable character no wonder you didnt recognize him!!!Nor you Donald.

This season Carolyn has constantly shown how ignorant she is especially to Lee lately, and many others like when she questioned Lenny about them having keyboards and werent they expensive when the other team had a big screen tv...is she daft??? She has said so many stupid things it amazes me she holds such a position...and I fail to see why she is even on this show being that stupid...and why is poor Lee is saddled with her and that dragon Liz and two obviously incompetent car dealers who are all suppose to be working for a charity not some ego contest! Hello people its for a charity not about you and how to make a young man feel overwhelmed!!

My hope is that Lee, Lenny, Pepi and Roxanne will absolutely astonish them all, as they are good workers and dedicated to their leader!!! They need to pick up their game and to focus on what they can do and do it well. They also need to forget about support from those who have lost sight of the purpose of the event.

Go Lee go show those idiots how smart you are...Lenny Pepi Roxanne get in there and help already as you are the better team by far...actually might be better if you don't work for this pack of idiots Lee, but I always cheer for the best one and Lee is the best of the two.

Canada picked Lee to win. Yayyyyyyyyyyyy I hope he does.

Casandra

Deekeryu 136 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-06, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deekeryu Click to send private message to Deekeryu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: why does America hate Lee?/ Canada loves Lee/Sean is appalling!!"
Carolyn and Bill weren't there that week when Pepi and Stacy were both fired. I like how they showed Carolyn's personlity.

Yesterday, wasn't Lee the one who people chose that he had the best team though. I thought Lee picked a horrible team in Pepi who he has no clue about and lasted 2 weeks. Lenny was just controlling all of Lee's moves. And I mean Roxanne too? How in the world can you pick someone who has no presence or command and has been riding the coattails of people. At least pick Allie who has more spark and drive. I understand Lee having Lenny by his side though.

I'd like Sean to win, but I don't mind either.

05-30-06, 05:12 PM (EST)
20. "RE: why does America hate Lee?/ Canada loves Lee/Sean is appalling!!"
I think Lee's choice in team was smart. he picked people who were proven hard workers and loyal to him. we have all seen in past seasons that when the PM picks people who have egos and want their own ideas to be utilized it comes at the expense of the team (the PM), especially on the final task since they have nothing to lose. I think that Tarek, Andrea and Tami are talented but they are all opinionated and egotistical. Shawn had no way of knowing if they would really work hard for him, or try to upstage him (notice Tarik already making snide comments about Shawn being distracted by Tami, going to the caterer etc) Lenny is 100% a work horse and is extremely loyal to Lee. I think in tha final task- that is what you need more than people with their own flair and ideas b.c its the time for the PM to shine, the job of the others is ti take orders and work hard.

06-01-06, 00:54 AM (EST)
31. "RE: why does America hate Lee?/ Canada loves Lee/Sean is appalling!!"
>I think Lee's choice in team was smart. he picked people
>who were proven hard workers and loyal to him.

How could Pepi -- who lasted all of two tasks and wasn't even on the same team as Lee when he was in the competition -- have proven himself either a "hard worker" or "loyal" to Lee?

And even ignoring her obvious lack of "hard work" on Tammy's last task, how "loyal" to Lee could Roxanne have shown herself given she was also always on the opposite team as Lee?

Despite Lenny's claims, there simply weren't any previous tangible examples in which Pepi or Roxanne had shown themselves to have some great affection for Lee. If Lenny and Lee were looking for establshed loyalty, picking someone like Dan -- who fell on his sword after his task loss -- instead of Pepi and Roxanne would have made sense. Lenny and Lee's decision to pick two people they had never previously worked with before was, at minimum, rather puzzling.

06-01-06, 11:48 AM (EST)
34. "RE: why does America hate Lee?/ Canada loves Lee/Sean is appalling!!"
Well Lee did say to Lenny when he suggested Pepe that he had never worked with him, and didnt know how he worked. Lenny said "trust me. he is good" so we know that Lee didnt have any real knowledge about Pepe. Lenny, who seems to be Lee's "Chief of Staff" obviously had some sort of relationship with Pepe that we were not aware of- either in the first few weeks or after they were both fired. since Lee trusted Lenny I can understand him picking Pepe. I do remember pepe being really loyal when he was PM- he refused to point fingers at any of his team mates and said they all did a great job- that is why he was fired. as for Roxanne- Lee had gotten to know her very well in the last 4 or 5 tasks- she is clearly someone who doesnt try to upstage the PM so I think that was smart. also we dont know what type of friendship Lee had developed with Roxanne outside the tasks b,.c the editing rarely shows us stuff like that...

05-31-06, 09:37 AM (EST)
22. "RE: why does America hate Lee?/ Canada loves Lee/Sean is appalling!!"
It does seem like Carolyn really has it out for Lee. She is always mocking him. She has never been so catty in past seasons.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-31-06, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: why does America hate Lee?/ Canada loves Lee/Sean is appalling!!"
America seems to like Lee...he is getting more votes than Sean.

06-02-06, 12:32 PM (EST)
45. "RE: why does America hate Lee?/ Canada loves Lee/Sean is appalling!!"
I think this may be an east coast/west coast thing. I'm in California and I seem to remember that Sean got more votes than Lee on the last episode.

Sly027 4 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-06, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sly027 Click to send private message to Sly027 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: why does America hate Lee?/ Canada loves Lee/Sean is appalling!!"
Speak for yourself

I am Canadian, a big fan of the show and I don't think Lee is that great. The fact that he skipped 2 tasks for a religious holidays is not acceptable. It shows lack of respect for the interview process, for his TEAM and for the job in question. We have many jobs in our society that requires to work on a religious holiday. For example police, hospital, firefighter, military (which I am) and corner stores, etc... He managed to exempt himself for being fired twice because of holidays. What would happen if he is hired, and suddenly, the group that he in charge has a problem during his holiday, is he going to tell them "sorry but I'm on religous holiday". Also, he often argues with the PM, no matter who it is and that is why he went in the BR many times. I beleives that he is too young, not anough life experience to lead people. Proof, look at the people that is on his TEAM. He is not a leader.

And for the record, Brent is Canadian, but I think Brent did not display the quality that Mr Trump is looking for either. I think that he acted he bit childing. Hope our American Friends doesn't think that Canadian has sent their BEST, because he his not one of them.

I believed that Andrea and Charmaine should have been the two finalists. But now I beleive that Sean is DEFINITELY the best over Lee to become the next Apprentice.

CANADA doesn't pick Lee to win, it is Casandra who wants Lee to win. I, also a Canadian, wants Sean to win.

Deekeryu 136 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-06, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deekeryu Click to send private message to Deekeryu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: why does America hate Lee?/ Canada loves Lee/Sean is appalling!!"
I think Lee is business savvy and knows how to play the game. As well, Trump seems to like the young stand-up kid. Remember Andy, who escaped the boardroom many times. Trump hired Andy after the show. Though I'm not too pleased Lee had to skip out 2 tasks because of the religious holiday, that doesn't bother Trump. George also observed that day as well.

05-31-06, 05:36 PM (EST)
26. "RE: why does America hate Lee?/ Canada loves Lee/Sean is appalling!!"
First, whether the holiday thing bothers Trump or not is irrelevant b.c. it would be religious descrimination if he held that against Lee. But we are so past that issue.
One thing that nobody has brought up is that everything else being equal (Sean and Lee are both smart, etc) Sean is extremely polished and suave and Lee is rough around the edges and sort of a mess. Maybe Trump wants to be the only well dressed one, with his Brioni ties and nice suits. that could work in Lee's favor. look at the other men working for Trump- no metrosexuals like Sean (George, Bernie Diamond, Kelly, Randall, Bill) maybe Trunp isnt so fond of the ladies' man type guy being his apprentice?!

Systic Axil 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-31-06, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Systic%20Axil Click to send private message to Systic%20Axil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: why does America hate Lee?/ Canada loves Lee/Sean is appalling!!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-31-06 AT 11:19 PM (EST)

>Speak for yourself
>
>I am Canadian, a big fan of the show and I
>don't think Lee is that great. The fact that
>he skipped 2 tasks for a religious holidays is not
>acceptable. It shows lack of respect for the interview
>process, for his TEAM and for the job in question. . .

Expressing your idea in a different way, I think there are numerous people out there, who would have the personal integrity to completely decline the opportunity to appear on a 15 week TV show, if they knew they wouldn't be able to participate and compete with the other contestants.

Also, some individuals would have a personal code of honor, to give the team the option to fire himself or herself, if the team happened to lose in their absence. I suspect that Bryce would be this type of person.

Lee, when you combine his opportunism in getting immunity from his holidays, along with his two-faced duplicity in playing his teammates, along with his obliviousness about the possible negative consequences of having TV-viewing public watch him manipulate his evil - when you put all that together, it's understandable that Lee would leave a bad aftertaste in the mouths of some viewers.

Another possibility, is that some viewers might not consider being a game-show contestant to be formal "work". Even though the "work" might be hard, many people would consider TV show appearances to be a recreational, or a entertainment type of activity, even if they were compensated for their time. Also note that the contestants are not "hired" yet. These watchers would see Lee's holidays as a cop out.

Edited to Add: For Lee's actions, I don't think there is any right or wrong. It's about personal values. Lee might think that it's all in good fun, and all is fair in love and war.

Casandra 9 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-06, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Casandra Click to send private message to Casandra Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "Yes Canada did pick Lee read the poll Sly"
Sly lol Canada did pick Lee not just me...the poll was in his favour, read it. However, the usa poll was 73% for Sean and obviously the pompous useless Ken (or should I say) Barbie doll won. lol Hey Donald you get what you pick... lmao.

06-06-06, 07:42 AM (EST)
63. "YES, The Donald did pick Sean..."
and with good reason. Lee looked like and performed like a rank amateur.

Perception is the reality in business and in politics. Lee simply does not behave or perform like a leader. There were other players who were far better than Lee (not just Sean). At this point, he does not have the gravitas to be an Apprentice. The same was true of Rebecca last year.

--Singer

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-06, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: YES, The Donald did pick Sean..."
Totally and completely agree, singer. It was an amateurish performance on the part of Lee, from the team he picked through the planning or lack thereof, and up to the actual event. Yes, the event was a success but that had a bit more to do with happenstance than anything Lee did. Choosing Lenny was a complete disaster for him and then giving him so much power and responsibility just compounded it. And he never really seemed to see that. Lee also didn't quite seem to get that it's the little things that can make a huge difference. He wasn't organized enough to manage to meet the Donald when he arrived. He spent no time shmoozing his celebrities, especially Ms. Presley who was supposed to be a key to his fundraising. He never made sure that the equipment for the players would fit. Did he not even make a list? From what I could see, Roxanne would have been a better choice for finalist than Lee because she, at least, seemed to have some sort of grasp as to what needed done. But Lee put all his faith in Lenny as second in command just because they have an affinity for each other personally. Being buddies does not mean that person is the best person to rely on in business. I have friends who I love, but I'd never want them working with me on a work project because I am well aware of their weaknesses.

Lee is nice, smart young man and I am sure that, with some experience in the business world, he will be very successful. But he really hasn't yet developed the instincts and leadership skills to be ready to run a multi-million dollar project. And that was apparent to me from the moment they chose their teams. Sean won it in that moment, hands down.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

Sly027 4 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-06, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sly027 Click to send private message to Sly027 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: NO!!! Canada did not pick Lee"
It is not CANADA who has chosen Lee, it's the people who thaught that voting would make a difference. Come-on, do you really think that Lee is the best, after what we saw last night. It was obvious that Sean out-shined Lee a million to one. Mr Trump went with what he saw, and that is Sean is a Leader and Lee is not (maybe one day).

06-01-06, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
I don't think any contestant should win who didn't participate in 2 of the tasks, REGARDLESS of the reason why. If Randall had missed 2 tasks due to the death of his grandma, I would have felt the same way about him. One task can be forgiven, but not two. How many tasks were there? 12? That means Lee didn't participate in 1/6th of the interview.
I think Lee is a smart and loyal guy, and I like that about him. But I also favor Sean for the following reasons:
1) Lee is young and inexperienced.
2) Sean is older and more "traveled."
3) Sean was a constant positive force for his team, which was the stronger of the two teams.
4) Lee was a politician who somehow has gotten away with not answering questions that others have always been forced to answer.
5) I like Lee's personality, but I like Sean's better. Is there something wrong with him being English? Is there something wrong with him being enarmored with Tammy? No. He wears his emotions on his sleeve, and I like that. You know he is REAL. With Lee, you don't know.

And lastly, I think Andrea should walk-it-off...

06-02-06, 08:08 AM (EST)
40. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
Good point.

The bottom line for me is that the best contestants may not be in the finals.

I still think that Roxanne has more talent than the editors allowed us to see. (See Yahoo! extended footage for her boardroom defence. The Donald did not want to hire her, and he came up with an excuse to ax her. And it was not based solely on her performance.)

Roxanne was not project manager, and the loss could not be rightly categorised as being her fault.

I remember clearly that The Donald supported boardroom "brawling" between women in the Year of the Coven. So why, suddenly, was that "brawling" unacceptable this year? His decisions remain far to inconsistent for me to keep up with, at this point.

Lee's ability to last on this show is directly linked to that inconsistent decision-making. And quite frankly, that has something to do with my dislike for Lee. (I'm not fond of Sean, either.)

--Singer

06-02-06, 12:46 PM (EST)
46. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
Singer,
I agree with you that Lee has no place in the finals. But, I'm not entirely convinced that Roxanne is better qualified. Roxanne was a huge favorite of mine to win this thing. I was very impressed with Roxanne during the Outback Steakhouse task. While the men were focused on making a spectacle, Roxanne focused on sales and that was enough to make them win by a landslide, even though her team was the clear underdog. However, my opinion of Roxanne changed completelly the following week when she bailed out on Tammy. Perhaps Tammy's vision was off the mark, but that wasn't entirely the reason Tammy lost the task. Allie and Roxanne went into that task with a negative mindset. Their lack of support was the final nail that sealed Tammy's coffin. Roxanne's behavior during that episode was HER choice. The editors can't use behavior if the contestants don't display it in the first place. Roxanne lost all of her superstar qualities when she displayed such lack of loyalty and integrity.

06-02-06, 12:58 PM (EST)
48. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
Singer- I think we are on the same page.
I agree Roxanne was talented- she is super articulate and also a hard worker. I think at the end something got in her way-- her friendship with Ally maybe.
Also I totally agree about Trump being inconsistant. Sometimes he fires people for not defending themselves- or or not bringing a friend into the board room and other times not being loyal gets you fired.
one more thing and this may be sooooo controversial- but do you think Roxanne may have had a little thing for Ally? seems like Roxanne was way more into the being friends than Ally was, plus that long embrace in bed, etc. ok I may be totally off the mark but figured I would throw it out there.

06-02-06, 06:10 PM (EST)
50. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
I dont think Roxanne has a thing for Allie. I think this is something similar to what happened last season between Felicia and Alla. Felicia took her friendship with Alla too seriously and that was her demise, because Alla was just using her. I think Allie was using Roxanne in a similar manner, and Roxanne was naive enough to believe that they had a true friendship.

freakusmaximus 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-04-06, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail freakusmaximus Click to send private message to freakusmaximus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
I think you are right- Roxanne kept mentioning the friendship being so great and Ally sort of glossed over that issue....
But, it does show that Roxanne is a very loyal person which goes back to why it was smart of Lee to select her for his team.....

06-05-06, 08:09 AM (EST)
56. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
Hey Josh, and thanks for writing. Read your notes and they make sense to me.

FM2, I'm not sure that there is a girl-relationship between Rox and Allie. I think the editors are playing with the viewers again. But I have no evidence to support my gut feeling on this.

In general, I think that the loyalty issues that Josh raises are spot-on. Had I been Roxanne, I would not have engaged in catty behaviours against the PM. It's not professional, and it didn't help with the task at all.

From a game theoretic standpoint, Roxanne could have played quietly and unsupportively without giving a strong impression of her non-support. These actions could have saved her in the boardroom, because she would have maximised the minimum benefit of her opponents (on the Wal Mart task AND on the hotel-fashion model task) without falling on her own sword.

She missed out on this opportunity, and The Donald saw her as inconsistent and ineffective, partially because he wanted to, and partially because she was.

I still think that she is a better player than Lee. I also think that she could match Sean toe-to-toe in a good competition.

I remain disappointed in her cattiness. But, then, Sean is catty, too. Plus, he makes out with the help. Neither behaviours impress me, even remotely.

I do wish that these editors would give us the best players in the finals, instead of forcing less-than-impressive finalists on us through manipulative editing. It would make the show so much better.

--Singer

06-05-06, 05:16 PM (EST)
61. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
I don't think we can make assumptions that Roxanne will be loyal to Lee just because she was loyal to Allie. Clearly, Roxanne remained loyal to Allie because she was under the impression that they were friends. Roxanne didn't appear to be particularly loyal to her PM during the Walmart task.

My guess is that Roxanne will perform well for Lee, perhaps not because she's loyal to him, but simply because she may want to remain professional. She already lost the game, so there's really no reason for her to sabotage him.

Toushay 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-02-06, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Toushay Click to send private message to Toushay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
Because he has skated through the whole show. He doesn't know how to do anything.

BOYmeetsREALITY 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-02-06, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
In all fairness, does anybody really need to have a REASON to hate Lee?

In every competition people are free to choose a winner and loser. The reasons are not often clear and present, and may even be superficial, but they are enough for the public to make up their own minds and choose a favorite.

Lee certainly isn't my favorite remaining contestant, so I think I'll pick Sean to win!

karen35 1 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-06, 01:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail karen35 Click to send private message to karen35 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: why Pricing Problems for one"
He should have been fired for his pricing problems. He's done that several times, for example one task when he priced steak sandwiches at 2 dollars! and the other team won of course. They fired another guy on his team, (Steven?) because he asked Lee if they could lend the other team one cheerleader, and Lee of course said no. But it was of course Lee's way too low, 1950's prices that lost them the task, not the other guy's checking with Lee in an effort to make the cheerleaders' organizer happy. He's also done this several times, which is a problem for me, because it seems like, hey this guy is not learning from his mistakes. (Note to Lee: Don't price items way too low or you will lose tasks!)

Also, missing work repeatedly for religious holidays is quite unusual in upper management. Yes, this is terrible, but how management works. That's why you get paid more, and you are expected to basically be there almost around the clock for the higher paycheck and when you're not there you are on the Blackberry. The Apprentice show is considered to be like a long interview process, and if one did not show up for a portion of the interview process, if one did not have a serious medical emergency, I would be surprised if Donald Trump would consider hiring them as an employee. Yes, I understand the days he missed were religious holidays, but I would compare this to Easter and Christmas holidays for Christians. You should be willing to work these days, too, if you are doing the Apprentice and I would be willing to bet that most of the other adults on the show would have been willing to do so.

Karen

Reality432423 153 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-06, 04:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Reality432423 Click to send private message to Reality432423 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "George on Holiday?"
The Holiday issue with Lee, people said that High Exec don't take Holiday's. I"m sure George took the same days off, like Lee did. He is a very high exec, so I don't think it's unusual for Exec's to take Religious Holiday's.

06-05-06, 08:58 AM (EST)
57. "RE: George on Holiday?"
Tagging On:

Some are saying he could have sued for descrimination if they hadn't allowed him to take off *work*.

Well, I disagree in that he wasn't employed but was in a process in hopes of employedment.

Hence he knew approximately when the interview process would begin. They are given atleast a two month notice and by that time he would have know when these holidays would also be scheduled.

He made a decision not to participate in two of the tasks, while all others did. A poor decision? Well, time will tell.

Seems his inexperience in decion making is coming to light now that he is in the finales.

Some have stated well George took off.....well good ole George already has a secured potion in the Trump organization whereas Lee is hoping to secure one.

I like Lee but don't see him as a CEO but see him more as a supporter on a team. He has great ideas but no experience in decision making.

And that is what this process is all about: Being able to make the best well thought out decisions to make money for the Trump organization.

Sidenote:

I also feel Sean should not be in the finals either....as a female I feel he is very disresepctful....I cringer everytime i hear him say: I want to have her babies. (Her being Tammy).

One can only wonder how he would be as a CEO, a positon of *power* and how he would treat the females working for him.

But then again, the candiates this year were all bland....none stood out as being THE leader Trump is looking for.

06-07-06, 00:41 AM (EST)
67. "RE: George on Holiday?"
Sean was NOT bland. In fact, I think he has the most personality of any Apprentice winner. He was clearly one of the best candidates all season. He was on the stronger team. He was undefeated as PM, and he clearly performed better in the final task. He is a deserving Apprentice.
All the women who worked with him seemed to love him; so I'm not sure how that would be a problem. Did he speak in a questionable manner about any of the other women candidates, other than Tammy? NO. Considering he is really in love with Tammy and plans on marrying her, I think we can give him a break on that.

Oneironaut 2 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-06, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oneironaut Click to send private message to Oneironaut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: why does America hate Lee?"
"seems to me that America is Anti-Semetic."

Oh, give me a BREAK. *rolling eyes*

A better question is why we Americans aren't allowed to dislike a Jewish person without automatically being labeled "anti-semitic".

Personally, I thought at the time that Lee used his religion to get out of 2 tasks. I don't respect that. Religion is important (to some people), but earning a living and putting food on the table is more important. Besides, surely his god would understand if he missed these 2 holidays for a once-in-a-lifetime chance at a high-paying, high-profile job...?

In any case, give up on the "anti-semitic" label. It's tired and trite.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •