The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is it Possible for Trump to be even more of an ##### then he already is?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

mocha madness 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-03-06, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mocha%20madness Click to send private message to mocha%20madness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is it Possible for Trump to be even more of an ##### then he already is?"
Trump has reached new heights, I did not think he could possibly reach, of how to be a horse's #####. It is a given that his monumental ego makes him an extraordinary jerk. However, his obnoxious and flirtatious oogling of any pretty woman reached an even more obscene level when he suggested to Tarek that he was a shmuck for not hitting on Charmaine.

There was a discussion that Charmaine wanted her team to get along and love each other....so Trump takes that opportunity to both hit on Charmaine, and then berate Tarek for not doing so? When the ratings go further into the tank and this show is cancelled who will Trump blame....George or Carolyn?

It would have been cool if Tarek had stood up for himself and said that he would not sexually harass either a colleague or a subordinate despite Trump's calling him names......now that would have been good tv. What if one of the contestants had hit on his beloved daughter Ivanks when she was observing a couple of episodes ago.

Trump's adult children seem to be respectful, well educated, and responsible young adults. How did this happen? Given Trump's monumental ego you would think his kids would be more like Paris Hilton, but they appear to be far from it.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is it Possible for Trump to be ... LIVEURBESTLIFE 05-03-06 1
   RE: Is it Possible for Trump to be ... Mish 05-04-06 2
       RE: Is it Possible for Trump to be ... Wacko Jacko 05-04-06 3
       Trump kids are not brats... singer 05-04-06 4
           RE: Trump kids are not brats... tinkerer 05-04-06 5
               RE: Trump kids are not brats... singer 05-05-06 6
                   RE: Trump kids are not brats... Mish 05-05-06 7
 RE: Is it Possible for Trump to be ... capcomguy 05-06-06 8
 RE: Is it Possible for Trump to be ... singer 05-23-06 9
 RE: Is it Possible for Trump to be ... pines6217 05-24-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-03-06, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is it Possible for Trump to be even more of an ##### then he already is?"
Trump didn't raise his children. Their mothers and a series of nannies did.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Mish 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-04-06, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mish Click to send private message to Mish Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is it Possible for Trump to be even more of an ##### then he already is?"
"you would think his kids would be more like Paris Hilton, but they appear to be far from it."
--------

How can you make this statement. We only see the good side of them, in front of the camera, on television.

Do you think Ivanka is a sweet, demure, sit at home young woman? I don't think so.

I'm sure his son is a wheeler dealer in his own right as well.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-04-06, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is it Possible for Trump to be even more of an ##### then he already is?"
WHOA, I see it coming an Osbournes/Hogan Knows Best type show. Trump Knows Best??????

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-04-06, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Trump kids are not brats..."
according to news reports and interviews with their friends. Ivana (and The Donald) made sure that they had jobs when they were teenagers. Apparently, their maternal grandparents had loads to do with their upbringing, especially in the difficult years leading up to the divorce. Things were not particularly rosy for them, but they had steady support from people who taught them important values about work and family. (For example, they learned of their father's affairs from newspaper reports. Ugh.)

I have seen no reports that state that Ivanka is a demure, stay-at-home person. I do read that her mother is happy that The Donald is teaching his eldest three children about business, now that they are young adults. The children had to use their own money to buy their first homes, and they had relatively small allowances while in school, especially compared to their super-rich friends. If they needed more money than their budgets allowed, they had to get part-time jobs as college students.

The great irony here is that the Trump children seem relatively well-balanced and hard-working, while their father is clearly an egotistical person who has been successful in business, partially because his own father provided money to get him started.

--Singer

tinkerer 90 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-04-06, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tinkerer Click to send private message to tinkerer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Trump kids are not brats..."
and they had relatively small allowances while in school, especially compared to their super-rich friends. If they needed more money than their budgets allowed, they had to get part-time jobs as college students.

Sounds like a bunch of PR to me, frankly.

I don't think Trump wants to raise kids who are frugal. I think he wants to install in them the idea that they are on top so they will desire to stay on top at all costs.

Also, "small allowances" could be open for interpretation. When there were reports that Trump's empire was in trouble some years back, Trump snarled at a press conference, "I don't care. I started out poor, and I can build this all up again".

Trump's father BUILT APARTMENT COMPLEXES in NYC. Granted, it was in the residential borough of Queens, and not skyscrapers in Manhattan. Trump took his father's fortune and raised it to a higher level. But he still started out damn rich. So the Trump appraisal of "small allowance" might surprise most people.

As for part time jobs, I don't know if they ever had them-the report said if they wanted more than their allowance they had to get them. Well, maybe the kids never wanted more than their "small allowance". At any rate, sometimes kids with money take part time jobs as a sort of social thing-wanna bet that any part time job these kids had was at the most fashionable places imaginable?

Oh yeah, I think Ivanka was already a high fashion model at 16 or so, so she could afford her own place. Wanna bet that Trump got her into that job in the first place, though? The money didn't theoretically come from him, but if you think about it......

That being said, I have no reason to believe the Trump kids aren't decent people. I have heard of no trouble they have ever been in. If I met them, I might find them extremely likable. I'm just not buying this frugal, not-far-from-a-log-cabin image that's being put out.

05-05-06, 07:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Trump kids are not brats..."
I never got the impression that the reports were hinting that they (the kids) were "not far from the log cabin." I got the impression that they were taught the value of work at an early age. That is why the oldest boy, for example, had to work a summer job at a boat dock at 13. Giving him something constructive to do apparently helped to keep him on track during an extremely difficult time in the family's personal life.

My take on various articles was that the kids knew that they were privileged, but that they also knew that they had to learn to manage money. (I think that the college allowance was something like $300 a week or month or something like that. I don't remember exactly. My thought when I read about the allowance was that the level was a reasonable amount for books and food, but it would not allow them to go shopping at Harrods on a whim. They would have to earn extra money for a weekend like that.)

I definitely get your points about the Trump "from the log cabin" claims. He definitely had many advantages when he entered business. Those advantages made it much easier for him to become super rich.

--Singer

Mish 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-05-06, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mish Click to send private message to Mish Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Trump kids are not brats..."
I'm just not buying this frugal, not-far-from-a-log-cabin image that's being put out.
---------

thank you I could not agree more.

capcomguy 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-06-06, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail capcomguy Click to send private message to capcomguy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Is it Possible for Trump to be even more of an ##### then he already is?"
He'll probably blame George because George didnt hit on Carolyn. I guess thats a good thing for George because Carolyn probably would have HIT on him if had.

05-23-06, 01:22 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Is it Possible for Trump to be even more of an ##### then he already is?"
The kids showed that they are savvy, likeable people in last night's episode. One of them confirmed the $300-per-month budget that I alluded to in an earlier post. They admitted being aware of their privilege, and they talked of how their parents disciplined them.

It was interesting TV, even though the rest of the show sucked.

Ivanka is one smart lady.

--Singer

pines6217 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-24-06, 02:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pines6217 Click to send private message to pines6217 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Is it Possible for Trump to be even more of an ##### then he already is?"
I guess after the Donald finally passes on, his presence throughout New York City will always be felt. Statues of him will be erected everywhere. Anyone on the streets caught pointing at them will be fined $500.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •