The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Charmaine: Helpfully Stepping Up Or Just CYA"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

tinkerer 90 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-24-06, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tinkerer Click to send private message to tinkerer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Charmaine: Helpfully Stepping Up Or Just CYA"
Charmaine made much of the fact that she tried to get Lenny to prepare for the meeting with the execs, and how upset she was he didn't do it. She also said that she was upset with the short length of meeting, and that she made an attempt to get the meeting going by asking a question herself.

Granted that the Project Manager should be in charge of this meeting, the fact remains that Charmaine's behavior raises some questions itself.

Charmaine and all these contestants are vying to be The Apprentice, a half million dollar a year job. If Charmaine was so upset, as she claims, that Lenny wasn't taking the meeting seriously enough, why didn't she take a few minutes to make a list of questions she would like to ask herself? If you are smart enough to foresee impending doom occurring, shouldn't you prepare for it?

Heck, even if Lenny turns out better prepared than you think, you will still get a chance to ask your questions. So why not make up a list?

Which brings up another issue-charmaine asked just ONE question? And the answer only took a minute or so?

Here are three questions, right off the top of my head, that I would think to ask the execs.

1) You execs have all really been around, and I am sure you have seen many Boys and Girls Clubs. Of the ones that had the wherewithal to have a large, central area, could you describe two or three of the best rooms you have ever seen, describe them and tell us why you liked them?

2) Generallly, do you feel the kids will be better served if the room has an activity or activities which require several kids working together, or one kid working alone?

3) Here's a list of activities we can set up, please tell me your initial reaction to each:

A) Chess
B) Ping Pong
C) Video Games
D) Boxing Ring
E) Painting
F) Ceramics
G) Weightlifting
H) DJing, also music recording and mixing
I) Large Screen TV
J) Computer Art
H) Video Making and Editing
I) Film making, performance

Instead of complaining about how Lenny is unprepared for the meeting, why didn't Charmaine make up a list of questions that can help her team?

Was she really after trying to get the team to win?

Or was she really more interested in covering her butt in case the team lost?

Frankly, it looks more like the the second choice than the first.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Charmaine: Helpfully Stepping ... lindan 04-24-06 1
   RE: Charmaine: Helpfully Stepping ... qwertypie 04-24-06 2
       Figuring Past The Editing Can Be To... tinkerer 04-24-06 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

lindan 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-24-06, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lindan Click to send private message to lindan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Charmaine: Helpfully Stepping Up Or Just CYA"
Hi Tinkerer,

Firstly, the Apprentice's salary is much less than half a million. I think it's a quarter of a million (which is still a very good pay consider Bill Ranseic's most important job fucntion nowadays seems to be appearing on the Apprentice show and insult other candidates. Most people in this forum seem to do this very well. We are all qualified to become the Apprentice).

The questions that you've suggested for Charmaine (or anyone on the team) to ask are certainly very useful, but we will never know whether Charmaine asked them or not. She could have asked those questions along other useful questions too that is helpful to the team, but because of the nature of editing, it wasn't shown. We can never judge a candidate based on what s/he didn't do on the show. We can only judge by what s/he did on the show (which can still be very misleading beacuse of the nature of editing. Things can be taken quite out of context).

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-24-06, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Charmaine: Helpfully Stepping Up Or Just CYA"
I know editting can be misleading, I do think in this case Charmaine is more of a cya type. I think if the questions had been brought up, there would have been more push to modify the room.

Yes It's Vintage Tribephyl!

DH, by the way, thought a firing range would be a great addition to the club. The boys and girls club he hung out at when he was young, had one and it was the most popular.

tinkerer 90 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-24-06, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tinkerer Click to send private message to tinkerer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Figuring Past The Editing Can Be Tough"
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-06 AT 06:53 PM (EST)

Yes, there is no question that the editing will have much to do with how we feel about the show. We can only hope that the editors make some attempt to portray what actually happened. In at least one instance, in relation to Tarek in the first task, I think it is obvious they did not.

Nevertheless, Trump asserted in the boardroom that Gold Rush's meeting lasted only 10 minutes, and nobody disputed that. And there was plenty of nervous silences and fidgeting around shown in Gold Rush's meeting. And they showed Charmaine asking a question, which as I recall was not even a particularly incisive one-it just seemed to be a question asked for the sake of being asked.

Michael asked a lot of questions on Synergy's behalf, by the way, and I don't recall many concrete or useful answers. I think Synergy decided to make the room multi-activity on their own, and lucked out.

I believe that if Charmaine asked my questions, the meeting would have lasted longer than 10 minutes. Somebody needed to get the execs off this "this is an effort for us to fill the needs of kids" advertisement,and get them over to giving some idea of what they actually envision. Instead, the execs did a presentation on behalf of their program, and nobody on either team managed to get them to give even a general vision of what they want in the way of a room.

I put these questions out there not because I think they are so brilliant, but because I am an average Joe with no executive experience in any large corporation setting, yet even someone like myself can ask better questions than these two teams. And I believe that most of the people on this forum could come up with three or more questions which would elicit more concrete info than these two teams as well.

My problem with Charmaine on this task-and I do not dislike her-is that she is plainly trying to have it both ways. She wants credit for pointing out to Lenny to prepare for the meeting better, yet she did not appear to spend so much as ten minutes preparing some good questions herself. A few good questions would have elicited from the execs the fact that they expected multiple activities going on in that room. And the editing certainly would have dwelled on that, so that when Lenny was fired for making a one activity room, Trump would look good. So we know that Charmaine's questions-or anyone else's questions-never elicited that important information.

Charmaine wants credit for making a mighty effort to pick up the pieces of a failed meeting, but she really didn't make much of an effort to keep it from failing in the first place. I guess she figures that if she does minimally more than anyone else, that is all she needs. In other words, CYA.

It worked this time-but you have to ask how long it will continue to work.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •