The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""Narrator" labels....you HAVE to be kidding!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

skbnwinters 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-06-06, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skbnwinters Click to send private message to skbnwinters Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""Narrator" labels....you HAVE to be kidding!!!"
I have never known what that tagline was at the top until about 1/2 an hour ago when someone was discussing it.

Shock...I am just in shock. You mean to tell me this board has a "narrator" or a panel of narrators and they just arbitrarily slap this label on someone? That is just evil. That is so wrong.

If ... and I am saying IF (but hey, look at the evidence. I am an ex-legal secretary and that weighs heavily with me)... why else would that be there?.... if that is true, I am just madder than hell all of a sudden. I wish I could sue somebody. Someone really stupid and useless. Hello-- "Narrator....go get a job like the rest of us."

I can't believe this. Unreal! I'm related to not one but TWO U.S. Presidents, am a Christian, very respected in my community and some jerk slaps with me a label of "whore".

Shame, shame, shame on this board.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "Narrator" labels....you HAVE t... LIVEURBESTLIFE 04-06-06 1
   RE: "Narrator" labels....you HAVE t... freakusmaximus 04-06-06 2
 RE: "Narrator" labels....you HAVE t... Estee 04-06-06 3
 RE: "Narrator" labels....you HAVE t... Bebo 04-06-06 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-06-06, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: "Narrator" labels....you HAVE to be kidding!!!"
Skbnwinters,

It's just an interenet message board....do you think you are overreacting just a tad.

freakusmaximus 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-06-06, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail freakusmaximus Click to send private message to freakusmaximus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: "Narrator" labels....you HAVE to be kidding!!!"
plus the names arent arbitrary- if you look up the rules of this board it explains that you get different title deoending on how many posts you make- its actually pretty clever and funny.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-06-06, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: "Narrator" labels....you HAVE to be kidding!!!"
'Desperate Attention Whore' is a universal label. It usually gets abbreviated as DAW, and it's most often applied to reality show contestants. Why? Because if you appear on a reality show, you may want to win a prize, and you may be trying to make some kind of public statement, but most of all, you want people to know you're there. You want the attention of the public. Really, really badly. Therefore, DAWs.

Why use the label for people who post here -- again, keeping in mind that it's universal? Because anyone who posts generally wants people to read what they wrote, respond to it, think about it for a while, maybe even mention it to their friends and, dream of dreams, turn it into the latest pass-around Email. Participation is the seeking of attention: ask anyone who's ever voluntarily played sports -- or raised their hands in a classroom -- or worn makeup... We're all DAWs. Some people just use different names for it.

The labels are not arbitrary and they're not assigned by a narrator. They're universal and tied in to the total number of posts you have, and will change as your numbers rise. To quote Sleeeve:

'The levels are based on things that ex-reality tv show contestants have actually done to try to extend their 15 minutes of fame... currently the levels are (in order of increasing desperation):

"0|New Member",
"1|American Cancer Society Spokesperson",
"10|Got Milk? Spokesperson",
"25|Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge",
"50|Hollywood Squares Square",
"100|Blistex Spokesperson",
"200|Network TV Show Guest Star",
"300|Cooking Show Host",
"400|Daytime Soap Guest Star",
"500|Reality Show Commentator",
"750|Fitness Correspondent",
"1000|Politically Incorrect Guest",
"1250|Beef Jerky Spokesperson",
"1500|Peanut Festival Grand Marshall",
"1750|Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser",
"2000|Roller Coaster Inaugurator",
"2250|Seventeen Magazine Model",
"2500|Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson",
"2750|Howard Stern Show Guest",
"3000|Car Show Celebrity",
"3500|Thong Contest Judge",
"4000|Jerry Springer Show Guest",
"4500|Stuff Magazine Centerfold",
"5000|Playboy Centerfold"'

The frequently-referenced DAW notation thread is at http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID33/19.shtml

Y'know, we should really add some new levels. Seriously. Rob Mariano almost needs a count mark of his very own.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-06-06, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: "Narrator" labels....you HAVE to be kidding!!!"
Actually, I think the more appropriate statement is "shame, shame on you". Let's look at the evidence.

You failed to read the guidelines, to learn that calling other posters names is not permitted here. You couldn't even read closely enough to see a tagline that is on every single post on these forums. Last time I checked, something that happens every single time does not constitute "arbitrary". You couldn't even figure out that there are moderators here, not narrators, even though the accurate title is located in multiple places.

As for your claims of being above the reindeer games here because you are a Christian...funny, most of the Christians I know don't enter a new place and insult everyone they meet there simply because they can't be bothered to read and follow the rules.

Goodbye. Hope you find a forum where you feel more comfortable posting. This is obviously not the place for you.

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •