The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Guess where I ate lunch today?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-28-06, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Guess where I ate lunch today?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-06 AT 04:52 PM (EST)

None other than "Sunny's", owned by Summer Zervos. It was really nothing more than a glorified Denny's.

Things I liked:

1) I was sat at a large round booth for just me and my newspaper
2) My iced tea came with a refill-it-yourself carafe
3) There were postcards from different places around the world stapled to parts of the ceiling in the dining room
4) Decor was nice - sort of Victorian
5) Location - set on the street side, although no signage on the shared main sign.
6) After arguing with my server on whether my sandwich came with bacon, the bacon was cooked just as I specified

Things I did not like:

1) $13 + tip for a chicken sandwich/ salad/ iced tea
2) Fuzzy televisions mounted to the corners of the dining room
3) Salad dressing tasted like Roseanne stole it from Rodbell's
4) Server never checked in on me

Summer was not there, but there was an overzealous waitress who kept asking the patrons (who were obviously regulars) if they saw the show last night, and kept referring to "how funny it was". It seemed she likes Summer and kept referring to how cool it was that she made it onto TV when so many others don't even get that far.

As I was paying my bill at the front counter, there was an outgoing letter on the counter with "Zervos" on the return label, along with the complete mailing address. I guess they're not too concerned about stalkers, since the place was only about 25% full at 12:15pm (isn't that the lunch "rush"?).

I think that her family owns the restaurant - not her individually. It may have even been her mother that I paid at the front counter.

I wish I could've seen her go farther in the competition. But, judging from my restaurant experience - and the lack of management evident I am surprised she made it on the show at all.

Hoobie
P.S. I've never had a flaming post, and would love it if this were my first!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Guess where I ate lunch today? DooWahDitty 02-28-06 1
   RE: Guess where I ate lunch today? Hoobie 02-28-06 2
       RE: Guess where I ate lunch today? buckeyegirl 02-28-06 3
       RE: Guess where I ate lunch today? DooWahDitty 02-28-06 4
           RE: Guess where I ate lunch today? Hoobie 02-28-06 5
               RE: Guess where I ate lunch today? DooWahDitty 02-28-06 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-28-06, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Guess where I ate lunch today?"
Hoobie, I knew you were gonna do that! And if I were still living in SoCal, I prolly would have too. I haven't driven down that blvd. since I was in high school *fond memories*. Thanks for posting this! No flaming here! (no reason!)
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-28-06, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Guess where I ate lunch today?"
How funny~ Did you go to HBHS?

I guess I used the wrong word for "flaming post" - what I meant was 20+ posts, so that the little icon thingy looks like it's on fire. What's that called?

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-28-06, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Guess where I ate lunch today?"
Not sure what the name is for the flaming posts thingy. But I have to agree with DooWah-if I lived in SoCal, I'd go to her restaurant, even after hearing about the crappy service you got. Heck, I live right near tempe and am tempted to go and stalk that survivor guy who is from there.

A fabulous Kyngsladye Kreation and an awesome IceCat Bouncy!

02-28-06, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Guess where I ate lunch today?"
Hi Hoobie - no, I went to Covina. Back when Covina High School still looked decent (it's really deteriorated, very sad). My daughter hangs out at Huntington or she did before going off to college. I have very fond memories of 1960's Huntington, the oil derricks and the little rentable beach cottages everywhere.... such a different time. There are condos sitting on those sites now. And what is the name of that cool roadside coffeehouse that finally closed??

BTW, do you know who Tim Morgon is? The guy who used to sing at The Prison of Socrates on Balboa Island? I was in touch with him recently and bought a couple of his albums. Wonderful singer. He still lives in the OC (can't believe I'm calling it that )

02-28-06, 05:40 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Guess where I ate lunch today?"
I think you might be referring to the Jungle on 6th Street (Java Jungle)? I hadn't realized that it closed. That's where all of the grunge bands hung out in the late 90s.

Nope - don't know who Tim Morgon is. But I live in Balboa (the peninsula, not the island) - maybe I'll check him out. I'm going to another show at the Balboa Pavilion on Saturday night.

Yeah, yeah...I refuse to call it "The O.C.", even though I love the show. We say "O.C." all the time, it just doesn't make sense with a 'the' in front of it -- to me, anyway.

02-28-06, 06:07 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Guess where I ate lunch today?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-06 AT 06:51 PM (EST)

Hi again, I suspect we're in different generations... the Prison of Socrates closed in the late 60's, I was really young then, couldn't get in but my brother did, along with his prized Martin guitar. Tim sang folk music but had to give it up because of problems with his hands. He was at the forefront of the SoCal folk music scene back in the early 60's. If you google The Prison of Socrates, you can read about the history. It was right on - I believe - 17th street on the Peninsula, right next to the beach. (That street where the ferry lets off.)

The coffeehouse I'm referring to was right on Pacific Coast Highway... it had a very cool name. It was a way cool place back in the 60's. Kind of a folk/beatnik place. I'll bet Puffy, Molaholic or Foonermints remember - they're on other forums here, all live in L.A. long-term.

ETA: just go to timmorgon.com - if you google The Prison unfortunately good links are gone. Found them last year, but they're gone. Tim's mother still lives on Balboa Island - she's in her 90's. You can hear a couple clips of his music here. A nice though brief description of his background...

...and I finally remembered the name of the concert house (not a coffeehouse or restaurant) it was called The Golden Bear and was torn down in the late 80's.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •