The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

DrKegel 430 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-16-05, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"

Remember our little Becky trying anything to outgun Randal? She even said something about raising $750,000. It's talked about on her official bio. Here's one site that has the complete rundown on it.

http://www.theapprenticeblog.com/the_apprentice_4/rebecca/index.html

This means one thing ... that the final competition was HEAVILY slanted toward making Rebecca the winner. Obviously Rebecca had previous experience in this money raising arena and Trump & Co. were well aware of it since it's on her official bio. Randal on the other hand has NADA NO ZILCH experience. And STILL he managed to raise money and Rebecca raised NONE?

How is it that someone that has previous experience doing this and touts it every chance she gets can't manage to run a charity event that actually makes money for the charity? And I'm expected to believe she raised $750,000 on her own? Yeah, right!!! Maybe her daddy called a few friends and pressured them into making donations to make his stupid daughter look good. She's another Melissa Rivers and even more incompetent than anyone could ever conceive.

Her family must be very well-connected.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... monkey1 12-16-05 1
   RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... lrlr1 12-16-05 6
 RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... rojo 12-16-05 2
   RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... lrlr1 12-16-05 9
       RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... D Trump 12-17-05 23
           RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... sortinghat 12-18-05 45
               RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... DooWahDitty 12-18-05 46
 RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... singer 12-16-05 3
   Amen Singer! Angelfood 12-16-05 8
       RE: Amen Singer! singer 12-16-05 11
           RE: Amen Singer! D Trump 12-17-05 24
               RE: Amen Singer! singer 12-17-05 37
 RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... Texan62 12-16-05 4
   RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... LakerLuv 12-16-05 7
       RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... Texan62 12-16-05 12
           RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... realityshowgeek 12-17-05 20
               RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... D Trump 12-17-05 25
               RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... lrlr1 12-18-05 48
       RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... Texan62 12-16-05 14
           RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... CantStandToLook 12-16-05 16
               RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... idiotcowboy 12-17-05 19
                   RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... D Trump 12-17-05 26
           RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... singer 12-17-05 38
           RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... sortinghat 12-18-05 47
   RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... 90210grrrl 12-17-05 17
   RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... lrlr1 12-18-05 44
 RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... lrlr1 12-16-05 5
 RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... DrKegel 12-16-05 10
   RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... prosecutor 12-16-05 15
   RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... D Trump 12-17-05 27
   RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... JoshInSGV 12-23-05 54
 RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... DrKegel 12-16-05 13
 RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... DrKegel 12-17-05 18
   RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... MizJazmine 12-17-05 21
 RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... lydia 12-17-05 29
   RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... D Trump 12-17-05 30
       RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... D Trump 12-17-05 31
           RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... D Trump 12-17-05 32
               RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... volsfan 12-17-05 33
                   RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... D Trump 12-17-05 34
               RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... mysticwolf 12-17-05 35
                       RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... singer 12-17-05 39
                           RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... DooWahDitty 12-17-05 40
                           RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... BriarRosie 12-18-05 43
   RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... DrKegel 12-18-05 41
       RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... lrlr1 12-18-05 42
 RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... lrlr1 12-18-05 49
   RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... DrKegel 12-19-05 50
       RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... lrlr1 12-19-05 51
 RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... DrKegel 12-20-05 52
   RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... DrKegel 12-20-05 53
 RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA A... DrKegel 12-23-05 55

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

monkey1 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail monkey1 Click to send private message to monkey1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
Are you kidding? Did you not watch the Yahoo Execs being VERY clear on what they wanted. It was thier show, she worked for them, yes it was a benefit, but it was Yahoo's benefit, her name wasn't plastered all over the walls.... get a clue
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

lrlr1 512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-16-05, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lrlr1 Click to send private message to lrlr1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
>Are you kidding? Did you not
>watch the Yahoo Execs being
>VERY clear on what they
>wanted.

Did you not hear Randle's team say their sponsor did the EXACT SAME THING? And what did they do? To heck with what the sponsor said; they were there to make money for Autistic Kids, not the sponsor! And so they did. Rebecca's team made zilch.

It was thier show,
>she worked for them, yes
>it was a benefit, but
>it was Yahoo's benefit, her
>name wasn't plastered all over
>the walls.... get a clue
>
You know that with that statement, you are coming off as CLUELESS as Becky! It might have been Yahoos show, but Rebecca DID NOT WORK FOR YAHOO! Yes, it was a benefit, BUT NOT FOR YAHOO! And yes, it was Yahoo's name that was plastered all over the walls (and did you ever see such UGLY decor?), but the benefit was for the KOME (?) AIDS FOUNDATION! It should have been the AIDS FOUNDATION'S NAME PLASTERED ALL OVER THE WALLS, NOT YAHOO'S! And you wonder why she lost. Go figure.

rojo 6 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rojo Click to send private message to rojo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
Will you stop with the Rebecca raaised no money stuff. How many people put a check in the envelope she provided once they got home? Nobody??? I highly doubt it. The problem isn't if she raised any money, the problem is nobody can account for it.

12-16-05, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lrlr1 Click to send private message to lrlr1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
>How many people put a
>check in the envelope she
>provided once they got home?
> Nobody???

I don't know. You tell us. DT couldn't. Rebecca couldn't. All that is known is that by the time the show aired, not one dollar had been collected.

I highly
>doubt it.
The problem
>isn't if she raised any
>money, the problem is nobody
>can account for it.

And you don't think that's a problem?

D Trump 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-17-05, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail D%20Trump Click to send private message to D%20Trump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
lrlr1, you are an infantile retard.

sortinghat 6 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-05, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sortinghat Click to send private message to sortinghat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
lrlr1, you are an infantile retard.

Thanks for sharing. I think only infantile people use the term "retard"...

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-18-05, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
Heads-Up: welcome to the boards, but better to leave this one alone. Thanks.

Sigpic by Seana

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-16-05, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
Hi, DrK. My take on all of this is that Rebecca is talented, but not better than any of the losers of the previous 3 seasons, and certainly not better than any of the winners. And she certainly is not better than Amy Henry.

The Donald should have made his own hiring decision; he should not have involved Randal in it. The Donald created a controversy that was not really necessary.

As far as the show is concerned, the editing process was very pro-Rebecca, and then it became more even-handed toward the end. I distrust Trump and Burnett for skewing information on both candidates.

That being said, Rebecca has skills. I do not disparage them. I note them and compare them to other candidates' skills and then marvel at how powerful television can be in exhibiting any image a producer wants to create.

The facts are that Rebecca's skills certainly are not comparable to Randal's, and they certainly are not better than the skills of other losers (Kwame, Jen M, Tana). But the editing was heavily weighted to make Rebecca appear better than she actually is to perhaps create a story arc for the show.

Reality television is not reality, but Rebecca's creds appear to be legitimate. I admire what she has developed so far, but she is not quite ready for the big leagues.

--Singer

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-16-05, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Amen Singer!"
I agree and
what a great post. (and I don't always agree with you.)
I feel the same about Rebekah.

BTW, no one's even seen Kendra, have they?

You should definitely add something to my Controversy thread.

Made by me

12-16-05, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Amen Singer!"
Thanks, Angelfood. That means alot to me. I'll zip over to your thread after I get through reading these. Thanks for the invite!

--Singer

12-17-05, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail D%20Trump Click to send private message to D%20Trump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Amen Singer!"
Singer, you need to get a job. Moron.

12-17-05, 11:18 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Amen Singer!"
heehee. Don't need one. I OWN it ALL.

That's Dr. Singer to you. And it's from Oxford, among other places.

--Singer

Texan62 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Texan62 Click to send private message to Texan62 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
The Finale seemed slanted towards Rebecca because she did the better job! Randal, despite all his degrees and business experience, proved to be less competent.

Why did Randall win? Political correctness. There has been pressure on DT to pick a black apprentice, and he tried to stack the deck as much as possible for Randal to win. Randal was chosen for his education and business experience, with none of the other candidates having anywhere near his credentials. He was supposed to be a ringer that would dominate the competition. In past seasons, other candidates were chosen with more similar educational backgrounds.

For as much as Randal touted his education and experience, he proved to be less focused on the big picture, and less able to role with the punches. Faulting Rebecca for not raising money the night of the event was weak. We all saw the Yahoo! executives forbid her from overtly soliciting donations.

Randal proved to be a small man, with a big ego, telling The Donald that there should be only one Apprentice. Read the boards, you’re in the minority!

LakerLuv 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LakerLuv Click to send private message to LakerLuv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
FACT: Randall's event reaised $11,000.00 for charity the day of the event.

FACT: Rebecca's event raised $0.00 on the day of the event.
NOTE: The point of the task was to raise money for charity.

FACT: Randall won 3 times as Project Manager.

FACT: Rebecca lost 2 times and won 1 time as Project manager.

FACT: Randall was the first person chosen by either team whenever Trump gave a team the opportunity to pick someone from the other team.

FACT: Rebecca was not always respected or liked by her team mates.

Based on the facts, why is Randall unqualified to be The Apprentice?

12-16-05, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Texan62 Click to send private message to Texan62 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
I never said that Randal was unqualified to be The Appentice. In fact the show was set up so that he was the most qualified.

I guess my problem was that his perfomance on the final task was so lackluster. Why even bother with the final task if winning it by a large margin doesn't win you the job? I thought Jennifer won against Kelly, but Trump insisted on hiring another white male, because that what he's comfortable with. If you look at all four seasons/cycles of The Apprentice, you don't see any African-American executives at Trump. People were starting to call the show racist, and Trump responded by trying to stack the deck in Randal's favor.

Do you really believe the Joe Piscipo backed out because of union problems? Trump and Burnett were trying to level the playing field to give Randal a better chance! I don't remember any executive coming to Rebecca during the task, and telling her she needed to do this or that. Randal didn't even know it was raining before someone called him. There's this great new invention call "the window", look into it Randal!

I don't know who looked worse, Randal for telling Trump that there could be only one Apprentice, or The Donald, for sheepishly acquiescing.

realityshowgeek 176 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-05, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realityshowgeek Click to send private message to realityshowgeek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"

trying to stack
>the deck in Randal's favor.
>
>
Trump and
>Burnett were trying to level
>the playing field to give
>Randal a better chance!

Level the playing field??? How could someone with Rebecca's background be on a higher level than someone with Randal's backgroud? Could it be the great equalizer, race? I know people hate to think race is the issue here, but it is the only issue. There's talk about Randal being fake, selfish, etc, but the bottom line is he insisted on getting what he earned and know is being villified for it. People will not admit it, but I have a feeling the reason there's so much discord is because deep down inside people feel Randal should felt "lucky" to be considered for the posistion and therefore had no right to deny Rebecca the same slice of the pie he was getting. What a double standard.

>I don't remember any executive
>coming to Rebecca during the
>task, and telling her she
>needed to do this or
>that. Randal didn't even
>know it was raining before
>someone called him. There's
>this great new invention call
>"the window", look into it
>Randal!

You didn't see that for one of two reasons 1.) it didn't happen or 2) the editors/producers wanted to show Rebecca in the most positive light possible to justify saying both candidates did equally as well. In fact, I believe the producers were trying to even the playing field in Rebecca's favor. She had already not proven herself throughout the show and now in the final task she didn't outshine Randal. So in an effort to make it look like it was close call, they focused on the positive.

>I don't know who looked worse,
>Randal for telling Trump that
>there could be only one
>Apprentice, or The Donald, for
>sheepishly acquiescing.

The people who look bad are those who insist on tarnishing Randal's image for winning.

12-17-05, 07:52 PM (EST)
25. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
I think Randal and Rebecca are going to screw.

12-18-05, 04:51 PM (EST)
48. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
>I know people hate
>to think race is the
>issue here, but it is
>the only issue. There's talk
>about Randal being fake, selfish,
>etc, but the bottom line
>is he insisted on getting
>what he earned and now
>is being villified for it.

Preach, sistah, preach!

>People will not admit it,
>but I have a feeling
>the reason there's so much
>discord is because deep down
>inside people feel Randal should have
>felt "lucky" to be considered
>for the posistion

Oh baby, you are so-o-o spot-on!

and therefore
>had no right to deny
>Rebecca the same slice of
>the pie he was getting.

Only one correction:
"lucky to be considered for the position and therefore... was obligated to give Rebecca a slice of the pie he had just earned.

>>I don't remember any executive
>>coming to Rebecca during the
>>task, and telling her she
>>needed to do this or
>>that.

>
>You didn't see that for one
>of two reasons 1.) it
>didn't happen

Yes, it did. How can anyone forget that scary-ugly Purple decor?! One of the women execs from Yahoo came, looked at the purple rugs, purple sofas, purple banners, and sarcastically asked: "Is the FOOD going to be purple?"

or 2) the
>editors/producers wanted to show Rebecca
>in the most positive light
>possible

And they failed. Although it appeared to be smooth sailing for Rebecca, she made 3 horrificly bad decisions in the first edit (the cute one where Randal was freeze-framed to look tongue-tied and stunned). The first was to send the 2 guys, rather than have them accompany her as head of the project, to meet with Joe Piscopo, a national celebrity whom she wanted to MC HER event, gratis! Unless, of course, she and Joe were old friends...Not!
(Are you sure it was the Union? Are you sure Joe wasn't just ticked off at the insult of having to meet with Underlings?)

The second horrificly bad decision was that excess of The color Purple. Scheesh! (A splash here and there...)

The third horrificly bad decision was in not taking Cuba Goodings' lead and telling the free-loaders at the door: Show me the money!
(Come to think of it - good thing she didn't. She might have raised more money than Randal, then DT & Co. would have had a precedent-setting basis on which to fire Randal and hire the Mediocre One. LOL!)

And to think: she got the 'good' edit!

>>I don't know who looked worse,
>>Randal for telling Trump that
>>there could be only one
>>Apprentice, or The Donald, for
>>sheepishly acquiescing.
>
There wasn't a White man on that stage, was there? LOL

12-16-05, 09:03 PM (EST)
14. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
By Andy Dehnart from MSNBC a subsidiary of NBC (The Apprentice's network)

"During those prerecorded segments, Rebecca looked consistently more competent as she completed her final task. At least in the shots the editors chose to include, Randal often appeared surprised, baffled, and bewildered. But as she’s done most of the season, Rebecca never stopped smiling — even as she solved crises while hopping around on one foot, the product of a broken ankle she had for nearly the entire season.

Randal made a number of mistakes, starting with his failure to check the weather for his charity softball game. Apparently, the only degree Randal doesn’t have is one in meteorology. And when the rain came, he had no backup plan. “There should have been a contingency plan in place, and it just completely eluded me,” he said. “I banked on the fact that we’d get good weather, and that was really my oversight.”

Rebecca, on the other hand, planned an event that came off almost flawlessly. One of the biggest problems came when Donald Trump caused the comedy performance to start a half-hour early. “It is kind of humorous that out of all the things, Trump ended up being the biggest wildcard,” Rebecca said. More damningly, though, she also failed to raise a single dollar at the actual event for her charity, mostly because of pressure from Yahoo! executives, who didn’t want their clients to be harassed at their event."

Rebecca did a great job all season!

Andy goes on to say:

"This season, Trump famously hand-picked all of the 18 candidates (except one). Despite the fact that many of them turned out to be completely incompetent on the show (cough ToralMarkusJenniferMClayJenniferWAdam cough), he ended up with the two most impressive candidates he’s ever had. It’s just a shame that the one Donald Trump picked first was too selfish to recognize that."

Pretty much sums it up!

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-16-05, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
Well how about checking this article out while you're there
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10496026/

and these statements from the article you supplied should tell you something in themselves:

At least in the shots the editors chose to include,

and ...

More damningly, though, she also failed to raise a single dollar at the actual event for her charity, mostly because of pressure from Yahoo! executives, who didn’t want their clients to be harassed at their event."

so just how tough was Rebecca that she couldn't stand up to the sponsor to remind them that this was a charity event.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-17-05, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
>so just how tough was Rebecca that she couldn't stand up to
>the sponsor to remind them that this was a charity event.

I don't really think this is a fair comparisson. At any point did anyone from Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids complain about not being fairly represented in the event? Not once was it even mentioned as a concern either before or after the event by anyone related to the charity, up to and including the founders son who participated and spoke at the event. At the very least it is clear to me that they were not necessarily concerned about the proposed fund raising methodology.

The biggest problem that I have with this line of reasoning is without Outback, there was still an event that could be held to raise money for Autism Speaks. Without Yahoo!, there was NO event. Rebecca did the only thing she could do which was make the customer happy (ie the unreasonable Yahoo! executives) otherwise she had NO event at all, and given the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids representatives also appeared happy with the event it appears the only person who was unhappy about it was Donald Trump himself, and he STILL wanted to hire Rebecca.

-ICB

FWIW I'm glad Randal won, he performmed the best for the ENTIRE season, but IMHO, Rebecca clearly outshown him on the final task... and not by just a little.

12-17-05, 07:56 PM (EST)
26. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
Randal is not autistic at all. Remember when he screwed up the poster for the singer? He's clearly a terrible autist so he needed to win this task for the autism foundation.

12-17-05, 11:22 PM (EST)
38. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-17-05 AT 11:23 PM (EST)

"Pretty much sums it up!"

Not really.

--Singer

sortinghat 6 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-05, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sortinghat Click to send private message to sortinghat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
>"During those prerecorded segments, Rebecca looked
>consistently more competent as she
>completed her final task. At
>least in the shots the
>editors chose to include, Randal
>often appeared surprised, baffled, and
>bewildered.

So it's all based on who smiles more then? Randal did a better job. He raised more money. At the event itself, he certainly did not appear bewildered. He gave a moving speech which helped raise even more money for the charity.

>Rebecca, on the other hand, planned
>an event that came off
>almost flawlessly.

Except that the missed the whole point of the event (to raise money for charity). Also I heard people at Rebecca's event talking about how it seemed disorganized.

>One of the
>biggest problems came when Donald
>Trump caused the comedy performance
>to start a half-hour early.

Did you notice that when Trump came to speak at Randal's event, Randal briefed him on what to say? And did you notice that Rebecca didn't? And Rebecca blames Trump for that mistake! I thought it was handled terribly. Even if you blame Trump for saying the wrong thing, Rebecca could have taken the mike and cleared things up, rather than scrambling to start the comedy event early.

>More damningly, though, she also
>failed to raise a single
>dollar at the actual event
>for her charity, mostly because
>of pressure from Yahoo! executives,
>who didn’t want their clients
>to be harassed at their
>event."

It's not a yahoo event, though, as was pointed out in the boardroom. Rebecca should have withstood the pressure.

>Rebecca did a great job all
>season!

What, with a 1-2 record as PM? And her one win was with Randal at her side.

>he ended up with the
>two most impressive candidates he’s
>ever had. It’s just a
>shame that the one Donald
>Trump picked first was too
>selfish to recognize that."

I don't see why people consider Rebecca impressive at all. And Trump could have picked both if he really wanted to. Randal isn't calling the shots.

90210grrrl 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-17-05, 02:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 90210grrrl Click to send private message to 90210grrrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
"Why did Randall win? Political correctness."

Oh really? I suppose his 4-0 track record as PM had nothing to do with it? So who should have won, Rebecca? She only won 1 out of 4 tasks, the 1 task she won it was a 2-person team with RANDALL! But he is the winner b/c of "political correctness", unbelievable!

I guess you also believe Randall should have handed over HIS win to Rebecca too, huh?

12-18-05, 03:48 PM (EST)
44. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
> Read the boards, you’re
>in the minority!

Naah, it's you who are in the minority. Click on the URL Dr.K has so thoughtfully supplied. In a poll of over 7100 people, 69% felt Randal should win; only 26% thought Rebecca merited the title The (Sole) Apprentice.

P.S. The remaining 5% was split between the other contestants.

12-16-05, 08:07 PM (EST)
5. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
Dr. K, I laughed until I cried when Rebecca said she raised $750,000, three quarters of a million dollars! for charity when she was 17! She organized the charity, at 17 years old, that made $750,000! When I was 15 (hey, I was 2 years younger than Becky!), I did my first benefit for St. Judes Hospital. I think raised about $160. I was so proud of myself. And now, Rebecca says she raised $750,000 while still in high school. Maybe.

Rebecca is 23 years old. She currently works for Crain's Business Review, a small business trade newspaper in the Midwest. I am sure she makes no more than $30,000/year. Why? Any girl who can make $750,000 for a charity surely can do better than $30,000/yr. But wait! She used to be an Investment Banker. They can make up a million or more in one year. So she left the lucrative job to write a column for a trade newspaper, and then she tried to be DT's apprentice at $250,000.

Something's not kosher here. Something got padded, some slight of hand/figures got skewed along the way. Ah well. Yahoo offered her a job, so I guess she'll be in the money. Again. And she started off money-making so well!

12-16-05, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
>Dr. K, I laughed until I
>cried when Rebecca said she
>raised $750,000, three quarters of
>a million dollars! for charity
>when she was 17! She
>organized the charity, at 17
>years old, that made $750,000!
>When I was 15 (hey,
>I was 2 years younger
>than Becky!), I did my
>first benefit for St. Judes
>Hospital. I think raised
>about $160. I was so
>proud of myself. And now,
>Rebecca says she raised $750,000
>while still in high school.
>Maybe.

And maybe not. Her father is with some ex-Honeywell energy firm. "Energy" as in $$$$$$$

I doubt the whole story. Anybody can get their dad to make calls.

>
>Rebecca is 23 years old. She
>currently works for Crain's Business
>Review, a small business trade
>newspaper in the Midwest. I
>am sure she makes no
>more than $30,000/year. Why? Any
>girl who can make $750,000
>for a charity surely can
>do better than $30,000/yr. But
>wait! She used to be
>an Investment Banker. They can
>make up a million or
>more in one year. So
>she left the lucrative job
>to write a column for
>a trade newspaper, and then
>she tried to be DT's
>apprentice at $250,000.
>
>Something's not kosher here. Something got
>padded, some slight of hand/figures
>got skewed along the way.
>Ah well. Yahoo offered her
>a job, so I guess
>she'll be in the money.
>Again. And she started off
>money-making so well!

Something really isn't kosher. Especially since the corporate firm that she sold out the AIDS charity to hired her? Maybe they felt sorry for her and blamed her loss on something they did? They needn't have taken it upon their shoulders. She lost all on her own when she was PM and kicked off a team as being the weakest link long before she met them.

----------------

>That being said, Rebecca has skills. I do not disparage them.

I do.

>I note them and compare them to other candidates' skills and then marvel at how powerful television can be in exhibiting any image a producer wants to create.

>The facts are that Rebecca's skills certainly are not comparable to Randal's, and they certainly are not better than the skills of other losers (Kwame, Jen M, Tana). But the editing was heavily weighted to make Rebecca appear better than she actually is to perhaps create a story arc for the show.

We clearly disagree. Tana came up with about three or four BRILLIANT ideas. She made things happen. Angie also, but Angie was way too emotional and didn't delegate things enough. But Rebecca consistently came up with zilch. There was not one task where she contributed anything except smirk like a chimp through the whole thing. Even when she was PM she NEVER came up with an idea. NEVER. Just had Randal or someone else do all the work. I suppose Trump is going to blame that on a bum ankle? Also Tana had a TWO WIN ONE LOSS RECORD! And the loss came about because of being saddled with Alex.

And one more thing about last night's finale, remember Trump saying that Rebecca handled pressure well? I'm thinking about it and I distinctly remember Rebecca freaking out over a simple remark Caroline made. It had to do with Caroline asking them how long it took to make the video. Rebecca was obsessing about it. Randal had to talk her out of her mood and tell her it didn't mean anything and still Rebecca was going on and on.

That's handling pressure well?

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
Dr.K. you are right, also, Rebecca looks to me like she is near tears alot. She is just good at swallowing them back.

12-17-05, 07:58 PM (EST)
27. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
You people are stupid. If you were on the Apprentice, I would fire all of you and kick your asses.

D. Trump

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings

12-23-05, 03:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
Also
>Tana had a TWO WIN
>ONE LOSS RECORD! And the
>loss came about because of
>being saddled with Alex.

I agree that Alex was less than stelar, but he wasnt the reason why Tana lost the task. Tana's obsession with the bedazzler was her downfall. She devalued the worth of the t-shirts as collector's items by making them look like things you could buy at your local flea market. That being said, Trump did the right thing by firing Alex instead of Tana.

12-16-05, 08:41 PM (EST)
13. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"

>FACT: Randall's event reaised $11,000.00
>for charity the day of
>the event.
>
>FACT: Rebecca's event raised $0.00
>on the day of the
>event.
>NOTE: The point of the
>task was to raise money
>for charity.
>
>FACT: Randall won 3
>times as Project Manager.
>
>FACT: Rebecca lost 2 times
>and won 1 time as
>Project manager.
>
>FACT: Randall was the first
>person chosen by either team
>whenever Trump gave a team
>the opportunity to pick someone
>from the other team.
>
>FACT: Rebecca was not always
>respected or liked by
>her team mates.
>
>
>Based on the facts, why is
>Randall unqualified to be The
>Apprentice?
>
He's not. At any other time, if there was a task and one team raised $11,000 and the other team raised $0, the PM of the losing team and possibly all the members of the team would be told what a horrible job they did and get sent home. But now? It's just proof that someone with no integrity has integrity? What? And loyalty? What does that have to do with having a task and completing it?

Rebecca was a mess. An utter and complete disaster. She didn't even deserve to be in the finals. But remember Trump getting rid of four strong players in one fell swoop? Certainly cleared the way for Becky.

12-17-05, 08:21 AM (EST)
18. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"

I just thought of another reason why this finale was so bogus and why this competition was totally riggged for Rebecca to win. Remember when first Rebecca came up with NONE of the ideas for the party (Chris did), but then something happened that was just glossed over. Didn't occur to me until now. I mean there was that smooth voiceover that just made it seem alright. It was this:

Remember that after Chris came up with all the "purple" ideas that Rebecca met with a ... drum roll please ... MET WITH A PR FIRM HIRED TO HELP WITH THE EVENT!!!!! Now the voiceover implied that Rebecca didn't hire them, but that the PR firm was ALREADY IN PLACE TO HELP HER!!! It was done so smoothly, it didn't even strike me as odd until now.

Now where was this in place for Randal? I don't remember him meeting with HIS PR firm that The Donald hired to help him? Why didn't he have one? Because he didn't need one? And Rebecca did? And when did ANY of the final two Apprentice candidates have PR firms helping them? I don't remember outsiders helping any of the final two candidates. Guess Becky was just so incompetent they had to help her along.

And STILL Rebecca LOST WITH HAVING THIS INCREDIBLE ADVANTAGE AT HER DISPOSAL!!!!

And having this PR team in place, why did Caroline congratulate Rebecca on a smoothly run event? What did Rebecca have to do with it? The PR FIRM WAS RUNNING THAT END OF THINGS! And all the ideas came from Chris. Rebecca just stood there propped up on her crutches PROMISING attendees that this soiree would raise tons of money for the Elizabeth Glaser AIDs Foundation. Yes, there was a clip of her saying this to two guests. So she LIED on top of everything else by promising attendees this when NO MONEY WAS COLLECTED OR RAISED AT THAT EVENT!!! Integrity huh? Lying to people?

This just gets more and more ridiculous the more you think about it.

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-05, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
DrKegal Ohhhh thank you for a wonderful laugh...HAHAHAHAHAHA.... I agree with everything you've said in this thread thus far. Reality TV...smh...yeah right!!!

lydia 109 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-05, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lydia Click to send private message to lydia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
Randal was the clear winner. And yes the tapes were edited in such a way to catch every bewildered, "I don't know what to do" looks possible that came across his face. Rebecca leaned on those crutches and leaned on those crutches, and The Donald clearly had a crush on the girl. Trump loved the way she called him, "Mr. Trump!" with gusto in every conversation, and gave him that little smile, and championed herself for hobbling around on crutches instead of giving up. Is a quarter of a million dollars enough motivation?

Rebecca definitely has some sort of "It" factor, that plays well on television and with expert editing. I did get a big kick out of her, and thought she was darling, but deserving a $250,000 job after losing 3/4 tasks (counting the not raising any money for Aids at the time of the task (checks sent in later don't count for the win), eludes my comprehension. Besides, Trump got Yahoo to cough up $100,000 and crowed during the Finale about it. eludes my comprehension.

Randal was unanimously respected by his teammates and many of his contributions were not shown, due to time constraints I'm sure. Without him, Rebecca would have lost as PM in the one task she won.

Trump was a jerk to steal Randal's thunder at the Finale, and put him in the position of choosing Rebecca as a Co-Apprentice. It was a debacle and took the fun out of it for him, and his fans.

12-17-05, 08:06 PM (EST)
30. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
I knew a girl in high school named Lydia. She had big #####.

12-17-05, 08:07 PM (EST)
31. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
She had big azz titties.

12-17-05, 08:37 PM (EST)
32. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
"If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-05, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
Welcome D Trump! It appears you found the guidelines but please be sure and read all of them:

IV. AVOID DUPLICATE POSTS
Do not post the same discussion more than once on a discussion forum or on multiple forums. Weeding through duplicate discussions can be frustrating and annoying for other members, especially for those whose time and energy is limited. Duplicate discussions will be deleted. Reposting the same message repeatedly will be interpreted as SPAM.

12-17-05, 08:43 PM (EST)
34. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
Thank you.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-05, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
And there's this whole section about the difference between bashing contestants and bashing posters. The former is encouraged. The latter is not permitted.

Bad Wolf! by PM

12-17-05, 11:31 PM (EST)
39. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
Do we know where our alert buttons are?

--Singer

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-17-05, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
Right below where you sign your name at the end of your posts.

Sigpic by Seana

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-18-05, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
Oh! I do! Used it.

Lori

Was that a rhetorical question?

12-18-05, 01:46 PM (EST)
41. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
>DrKegal Ohhhh thank you for a wonderful laugh...HAHAHAHAHAHA.... I agree with everything you've said in this thread thus far. Reality TV...smh...yeah right!!!

Thanks. And glad you found what I said amusing.

>Randal was the clear winner.
>And yes the tapes were
>edited in such a way
>to catch every bewildered, "I
>don't know what to do"
>looks possible that came across
>his face.

Oh, absolutely! Remember in the beginning when Randal made Mark tag along on a trip to the Party House and miss a meeting with Jim Kerr? They showed Mark totally bewildered and saying how he didn't understand the decision and disagreed with it. But then in the final episode, the entire team met with Kerr before the auction! So the first meeting was superfluous and Randal knew it. THAT's why he made the decision! Ahhhhaaaaaaa!

>Rebecca leaned
>on those crutches and
>leaned on those crutches, and
>The Donald clearly had a
>crush on the girl.

I know. It couldn't have been more obvious could it? And she's not even Eastern European or is she?

Milanea! Make sure you check the Donald's cell phone for phone numbers!

>Trump loved the way she
>called him, "Mr. Trump!" with
>gusto in every conversation, and
>gave him that little smile,
>and championed herself for hobbling
>around on crutches instead of
>giving up. Is a
>quarter of a million dollars
>enough motivation?

Funny!!!! Yes, I noticed that affected little way Becky had of saying "Mr. Trump!" Like she was in the Marine corps, "Mr. Trump, sir!" But you can see how heartfelt it was because she didn't even meet his limo or have someone else meet it when he arrived at the Yahoo allegedly-charity event. Now Randal on the other hand... no affectation, but knew how to treat The Donald.

>
>Rebecca definitely has some sort of
>"It" factor, that plays well
>on television and with expert
>editing.

No doubt. I seemed to have been immune to her charms, but then I've had all my shots. And I tend to just think she's very, very shrewd and very, very ruthless. Still can't get over how she skewered Randal - twice! The first time, Randall called her on it and then in the finale saying that Randal loses sight of the big picture? Huh? What the he!! was she babbling about?

I did get a
>big kick out of her,
>and thought she was darling,
>but deserving a $250,000 job
>after losing 3/4 tasks (counting
>the not raising any money
>for Aids at the time
>of the task (checks sent
>in later don't count for
>the win), eludes my comprehension.
> Besides, Trump got Yahoo
>to cough up $100,000 and
>crowed during the Finale about
>it. eludes my comprehension.
>
I know. I notice in the finale she brought up raising $750,000. She didn't say, "Mr. Trump, sir! I go through cement walls! Like the non-profit organization where I raised ZERO dollars for a charity! Pretty impressive, eh sir?"

>Randal was unanimously respected by his
>teammates and many of his
>contributions were not shown, due
>to time constraints I'm sure.
> Without him, Rebecca would
>have lost as PM in
>the one task she won.

True. True. True.
>
>
>Trump was a jerk to steal
>Randal's thunder at the Finale,
>and put him in the
>position of choosing Rebecca as
>a Co-Apprentice. It was
>a debacle and took the
>fun out of it for
>him, and his fans.

Well, yes, in one sense. But I loved that Randal said, "NO!" He had been such a gentleman with Rebecca til then, bending over backwards in trying to help the poor, imbecilic creature. She was like Bambi's mother after she had been shot. Randal just was somehow compelled to help her. So I just held my breath when Trump said what he said. But then when Randal kyboshed it, I felt all was right with the world. In fact, ultimately I'm glad he did it. It gave Randal the opportunity to just speak the truth about what he thought of Becky.

Now maybe if Becky had displayed more class ... you never know. But her nose was firmly up Trump's bu!! and not Randal's!

Huge mistake, Becky. Payback's a b!tch.

12-18-05, 03:15 PM (EST)
42. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
You've made some very interesting, and observant points during the run of the show this season. Most I caught, but some I didn't. Like the PR firm. If DT hired one for Becky, Randal should thank his lucky stars, he again, tried to cheat his Pet into winning!

P.S. What did the PR firm do? Contact those cheapskates that came to the Aids Benefit? I pray they weren't advising on that puke-ugly purple decor!

12-18-05, 10:03 PM (EST)
49. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-18-05 AT 10:19 PM (EST)

I was just on the phone with a friend in Tucson. He made a very salient point which I shall share with you: Rebecca claims to have conceived, managed, and executed a charity that raised $750,000. She named at least 3 famous people who helped her to raise this money, one of whom was Al Gore. Becky is 23 years old. 6 years ago, in 1999, she was 17.

In 1999, Al Gore was Vice President of the United States, running for President. So we are to believe that he took time out from his campaign to help a high-schooler raise money for a charity? And isn't it odd that 3 (don't remember the other 2) rich and powerful men worked on the fund-raiser with Becky - beautiful, bright, super-compassionate and caucasion (let's be real!) 17 year old from a good family - and none of the 3 told her to look them up after she graduated from college for a job? And, since she graduated from the Univ. of Chicago, one of the best, intellectually prestigious universities in the country with more Nobel Laureate winners teaching there than in any university IN THE WORLD, wouldn't it be a good-paying high-powered job? So how did she end up at a small Midwestern trade newspaper earning $30,000/year -- or less? Can we believe anything Becky says? Is her name really Rebecca?

Somebody, help me out! Heck, pretty as Rebecca is, at least one of the 3 old dudes would've wanted to date her! What gives with this bizarre charity story?

P.S. Sorry, but I forgot! One other bizarro thing about Becky and that $30,000 or less/year job. About 10 years ago when Becky was in either high school or grammar school, an article appeared in the newspaper about U of Chicago. It was about how well the previous year's MBA graduating class was doing. Seems the average graduate STARTED on his/her new job making $120,000/year, with an average sign-on bonus of $20,000 up front! For many, it was their first freakin' job! Yet in 2005, Rebecca earns $30,000 or less/year. How?! Did DT know this? Was Becky the real charity case, here? HELP!

12-19-05, 00:13 AM (EST)
50. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
>You've made some very interesting, and observant points during the run of the show this season. Most I caught, but some I didn't. Like the PR firm. If DT hired one for Becky, Randal should thank his lucky stars, he again, tried to cheat his Pet into winning!
P.S. What did the PR firm do? Contact those cheapskates that came to the Aids Benefit? I pray they weren't advising on that puke-ugly purple decor!

Thanks and ditto in making interesting points.

As for the PR firm, if I remember correctly, Becky went to them to discuss the running of the event. She gave THEM all the purple ideas that Chris had come up with. They sounded really impressed with the purple or maybe they were just ordered to humor our little Becky. It happened so fast. The voiceover I believe was Trump saying that the firm had been hired to "help run the event." Something like that. I didn't record the episode so can't repeat verbatim, but I distinctly remember the ever smirking Becky sitting there (think there were at least two members of the firm on the other side of the table) discussing the ideas she stole from Chris with them.

>LAST EDITED ON 12-18-05
>AT 10:19 PM (EST)

>
>
>I was just on the phone
>with a friend in Tucson.
>He made a very salient
>point which I shall share
>with you: Rebecca claims to
>have conceived, managed, and executed
>a charity that raised
>$750,000. She named at least
>3 famous people who helped
>her to raise this money,
>one of whom was Al
>Gore. Becky is 23 years
>old. 6 years ago, in
>1999, she was 17.
>
>In 1999, Al Gore was Vice
>President of the United States,
>running for President. So we
>are to believe that he
>took time out from his
>campaign to help a high-schooler
>raise money for a charity?
> And isn't it odd
>that 3 (don't remember the
>other 2) rich and powerful
>men worked on the fund-raiser
>with Becky - beautiful, bright,
>super-compassionate and caucasion (let's be
>real!) 17 year old from
>a good family - and
>none of the 3 told
>her to look them up
>after she graduated from college
>for a job? And, since
>she graduated from the Univ.
>of Chicago, one of the
>best, intellectually prestigious universities in
>the country with more Nobel
>Laureate winners teaching there
>than in any university IN
>THE WORLD, wouldn't it be
>a good-paying high-powered job? So
>how did she end up
>at a small Midwestern trade
>newspaper earning $30,000/year -- or
>less? Can we believe anything
>Becky says? Is her name
>really Rebecca?
>
>Somebody, help me out! Heck, pretty
>as Rebecca is, at least
>one of the 3 old
>dudes would've wanted to date
>her! What gives with this
>bizarre charity story?
>
>P.S. Sorry, but I forgot! One
>other bizarro thing about Becky
>and that $30,000 or less/year
>job. About 10 years ago
>when Becky was in either
>high school or grammar school,
>an article appeared in the
>newspaper about U of Chicago.
>It was about how well
>the previous year's MBA graduating
>class was doing. Seems the
> average graduate STARTED on
>his/her new job making $120,000/year,
>with an average sign-on bonus
>of $20,000 up front! For
>many, it was their first
>freakin' job! Yet in 2005,
>Rebecca earns $30,000 or less/year.
>How?! Did DT know this?
>Was Becky the real charity
>case, here? HELP!

Now are you sure she's making $30,000 a year? Cause if she is there's really something not right there. And I thought she shared the stage with Al Gore and Colin Powell (covering all political bases), but you're saying Al Gore HELPED her raise the money? Or did she just appropriate and use his name?

According to the bio I read, she was first working for Citigroup putting together deals. Then she said she went back to school to so she could fulfill her lifelong dream and become a writer. In taking her side for a moment and trying to explain what you're saying, it could be that her family is loaded and she doesn't need the money. Hence she was making big bucks at Citigroup, but took a lesser paying job with Crain's to fulfill her ambition? Just a guess. It was hard for me to believe that some people do things without relying on the money. Met one. Was working with this chick who after being on the job for about a year asked me where I banked. I told her and asked why she was asking. She said she needed to open a checking account as she had these checks from working piling up in a drawer. I was astounded! I asked her if she really hadn't had to cash any check since she started working there and she said no. I then said, that her family must be loaded. She said not really. I said they must be and then threw in they must own a yacht and everyone. She got indignant and said they didn't own a yacht - just a really large boat.

I would like to know if what you're saying about the salary and charity thing is the truth. Not that I think you're lying, I'd just like it confirmed also. I'd like the particulars also. Like did Al Gore help her or did he just have to stand on stage with her because Clinton presented her with that Point of Light honor.

12-19-05, 02:01 AM (EST)
51. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"

First of all, how do you manage to make 2 posts of one? It's kind of confusing.

>
>Now are you sure she's making
>$30,000 a year?

No, I am not her accountant so of course I am not SURE. I'm basing that figure on her job as a reporter for a small Midwestern newspaper. As I said, it might be less, but I doubt if it is more.

And I
>thought she shared the stage
>with Al Gore and Colin
>Powell ...
>but you're saying Al Gore
>HELPED her raise the money?
>Or did she just appropriate
>and use his name?
>

That was the impression I got Thursday night. I too find it hard to believe he HELPED her raise money. But that was not my point. If she worked in any capacity with those two, it seems to me she would have a better job - maybe the Washington Post?

>According to the bio I read,
>she was first working for
>Citigroup putting together deals. Then
>she said she went back
>to school to so she
>could fulfill her lifelong dream
>and become a writer.

Another question. I know of no successful writer who went to college to learn HOW to write (and I know a couple!). I am not positive, but I do not believe the U. of Chicago has a Journalism School.

In
>taking her side for a
>moment and trying to explain
>what you're saying, it could
>be that her family is
>loaded

Other posters have said that she does NOT come from a wealthy family. And you don't need to come from wealth to be able to put your checks in the drawer at work for months. I, too, have worked with at least one woman who did just that and she was merely middleclass. And your friend who had the wealthy parents? Didn't THEY have a bank?

she was
>making big bucks at Citigroup,
>but took a lesser paying
>job with Crain's to fulfill
>her ambition? Just a guess.

I don't believe it. According to the TV news Thursday night, her job before Crain's was as an investment banker. And, if her ambition was to be a REPORTER, she would have enrolled at the Medill School for Journalism, not the U of Chicago. Also, if her ambition to be a writer exceeds her desire to make big money, why did she try out for The Apprentice? To write brochures for the Taj Mahal?

>
>I would like to know if
>what you're saying about the
>salary and charity thing is
>the truth. Not that I
>think you're lying,

Excuse me? Why would I lie? And if you suspect me of lying, should I suspect you of same?

I'd just
>like it confirmed also. I'd
>like the particulars also. Like
>did Al Gore help her
>or did he just have
>to stand on stage with
>her because Clinton presented her
>with that Point of Light
>honor.

Does that mean that for everything you write, I should require collaborative PROOF before I trust you NOT to be lying? I ask this because my thing is to take posts and posters with a grain of salt. It never occurred to me I was reading gospel on this board. But if ever you have PROOF to the contrary of something I say, please, feel free to present it.

12-20-05, 11:58 AM (EST)
52. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-20-05 AT 12:01 PM (EST)

Finally had time to track down the name of that firm Becky met with - it's called Infinity Marketing. Here's one link:

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/story.cgi?show=125&story=8657&page=9&sort=&limit=

and another:

http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache:unmEm0FxIsYJ:www.tvgasm.com/archives/the_apprentice/001517.php+the+apprentice+rebecca+%22infinity+marketing%22&hl=en

And the thing is it's Chris that is all over the purple and white decor while Becky is pushing this:

"Later, Rebecca met with a squad of people from the Infinity Marketing Group and discussed an idea for making the stage appear like a giant computer monitor -- to which one of the perky event planners replied passive-aggressively, "That's a grand idea with a big dollar sign!"

Now did anyone notice this ridiculous idea coming to pass? No! So if she had been left to her own devices and not had Infinity Marketing Group to rein her in and attempt to give the event some class (hard to do with Becky in the room), you would have had a really, tacky, vulgarly staged event.

So where was Randal's Infinity Marketing Group? Why was Becky given this firm to help her? Is this even attempted to be explained by Trump, Burnett, anyone?

The only good thing about turning the stage into a giant computer would have been to give those comedians TONS of raw material for a scathing comedy routine about the decor and the person responsible for the lousy taste.

I'm only surprised Becky didn't dye the cast on her leg purple.

12-20-05, 12:13 PM (EST)
53. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"

Now that I'm thinking about this, there definitely was no marketing firm for Randal. I distinctly remember him taking the whole team to the Paper House to help Marshawn pick out decorations.

Unbelievable! Where did the budgeting for the firm fit in to their assigned monies? How did Rebecca have all this extra money to pay for Infinity Marketing while Randal had to go to the Paper House and have Marshawn do all the gift bagging herself?

As I recall the team doing the work has always been the standard for the final task. Remember others putting gift baskets and such together. And remember Bill running around and looking for that misplaced sponsor's signage to hang up? Very funny. There was no marketing firm to help him.

This is incredibly unfair!!!

12-23-05, 09:55 AM (EST)
55. "RE: FINALE SLANTED TOWARD REBECCA AND SHE STILL LOST!!!"

Also
>Tana had a TWO WIN
>ONE LOSS RECORD! And the
>loss came about because of
>being saddled with Alex.

>I agree that Alex was less than stelar, but he wasnt the reason why Tana lost the task. Tana's obsession with the bedazzler was her downfall. She devalued the worth of the t-shirts as collector's items by making them look like things you could buy at your local flea market. That being said, Trump did the right thing by firing Alex instead of Tana.

As I recall, she was charging a hefty price for adding rhinestones to the shirts and people were forking over the money. And indeed the problem was that unlike Kendra who was plugging into the artist's customer base and blasting out emails to their customer list notifying them of the shirt selling event, Tana was just relying on the normal foot traffic coming into the store to sell the t-shirts to. Obviously not tapping into the customer base is a huge mistake. But both Tana and Alex didn't think of it. What did Tana say? Something like, "The idea never hit our brains."

But what got Alex fired as the Donald & Co. didn't like that Alex wasn't contributing ideas. He was just sort of sitting back and almost watching Tana fail as opposed to offering a suggestion to get things back on track.

And yes I think they made the right decision also.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •