The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"thoughts for the future (sure hope this is not a duplicate)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

rotkapchen 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-22-05, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rotkapchen Click to send private message to rotkapchen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"thoughts for the future (sure hope this is not a duplicate)"
So what is the concensus opinion about the future of the apprentice. I think I read somewhere (maybe even here) that Trump is going to move the show to Los Angeles.

I am not sure I will watch, but then again, I think I have said that at the end of every season.

Season 1: When Nick was fired, I lost interest (said I would not watch again)

Season 2: Kelly was the only one even close to being good but he is a pretty boring guy (said I would not watch again)

Season 3: I liked the concept but toward the end of the show it really got stupid (said I would not watch again)

Season 4: This season was the best by far until the end when it all went horribly wrong (said I would not watch again)

I have a bad feeling I am going to get suckered into watching this again maybe someone can help me "kick the habit"

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: thoughts for the future (sure h... singer 12-22-05 1
   RE: thoughts for the future (sure h... Juni 12-22-05 2
 RE: thoughts for the future (sure h... Estee 12-22-05 3
   RE: thoughts for the future (sure h... DooWahDitty 12-22-05 5
 RE: thoughts for the future (sure h... DrKegel 12-22-05 4
   RE: thoughts for the future (sure h... DooWahDitty 12-22-05 6
       RE: thoughts for the future (sure h... DrKegel 12-23-05 7
           RE: thoughts for the future (sure h... DooWahDitty 12-23-05 8
   cannot stop laughing rotkapchen 12-23-05 9
   RE: thoughts for the future (sure h... singer 12-30-05 13
 RE: thoughts for the future (sure h... lrlr1 12-25-05 10
   RE: thoughts for the future (sure h... flower 12-25-05 11
   RE: thoughts for the future (sure h... bigfish11 12-27-05 12
 RE: Black wannabe, NOT Wannabe blac... lrlr1 01-08-06 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-22-05, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: thoughts for the future (sure hope this is not a duplicate)"
Hi, rotkapchen.

If you consider the idea that the show is scripted and directed, then maybe it won't be as disappointing.

Or you could say that you will watch to see how badly disguised the pre-determined results are from the beginning of the show.

Or you could consider it a very bad comedy, which really may make it easier to stomach.

--Singer

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Juni 11 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-05, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juni Click to send private message to Juni Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: thoughts for the future (sure hope this is not a duplicate)"
LAST EDITED ON 12-22-05 AT 04:06 PM (EST)

When a show disappoints us in some way, we tend to exclaim in a fit of frustration and outrage that we will never watch that show again...

But then, human nature (our insuppressible curiosity) gets caught into the "drama" (as directorially manipulated as it is) of each new episode, and we end up watching albeit with denial, anger, and finally surrender, not only at the show itself, but also at our own weaknesses as well. This cycle then perpetuates itself over and over again. Personally it is our human nature, particularly our subsequent verbal and behavioral reactions to events, that I find ironically amusing.

E.g., our continual posts regarding the Apprentice IV Finale and our polarized responses are quite fascinating...

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-22-05, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: thoughts for the future (sure hope this is not a duplicate)"
The switch to SoCal comes in Season #6. The next season is either already in the can (and read that however you want to) or very close to the finish of initial filming.

I'll watch next season, if only so I'll know when to start the East Coast Spoiler Threads.

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-22-05, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: thoughts for the future (sure hope this is not a duplicate)"
And I'll watch Season #6 because I wanna see the latest set of peeps trot around my hometown of Los Angeles doing silly stooge stuff for The Hair. I'm curious what they'll include, and I'll enjoy seeing the old haunts - maybe even enjoy a few moments of the show(s).

Sigpic by Seana

DrKegel 430 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-22-05, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: thoughts for the future (sure hope this is not a duplicate)"
>So what is the concensus opinion
>about the future of the
>apprentice. I think I
>read somewhere (maybe even here)
>that Trump is going to
>move the show to Los
>Angeles.

I think that the should revamp The Apprentice next season. I think the new Apprentice should be grounded in the search for who will replace Milanea as Trump's new trophy wife.

They should scour local grade schools for suitable candidates (think geisha). The little girls should be presented and graded on manners, grace, charm and the ability to keep a smarmy, cheesy smile on their face at all times (even asleep) (think Rebecca). The tasks could be how the girls react to The Donald cheating on them, ignoring them, telling them they're not beautiful enough to be seen on his arm, choosing a proper dress to go to the opera, etc.

The winning candidate will be properly groomed with sewing, dancing, singing lessons so that she will be entertaining for her new master until she reaches the age of consent. At this time, she will be also sent to Bangkok to learn the mysteries of making love. (Lessons start with taking a cherry stem and knotting it by using only one's tongue.)

Of course, the candidate's family will be duly compensated even though the offering of a daughter upon the altar of The Donald is quite an honor in itself.

12-22-05, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: thoughts for the future (sure hope this is not a duplicate)"
Pretty dang good snark, DrK. I do, however, have one issue/question about authenticity in the tasks you've mentioned. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought cherry-stem tying was an American pasttime born in America.

DrKegel 430 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-23-05, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: thoughts for the future (sure hope this is not a duplicate)"
LAST EDITED ON 12-23-05 AT 10:14 AM (EST)

>Pretty dang good snark, DrK. I
>do, however, have one issue/question
>about authenticity in the tasks
>you've mentioned. Correct me
>if I'm wrong, but I
>thought cherry-stem tying was an
>American pasttime born in America.
>

No, you're thinking of the "Chrome off the Bumper" modality that originated in Hollywood circa 1939.

Actually "cherry-stem tying" is mentioned in Sanskrit and has been shown denoted in cave drawings. The "Cherry festival" originated around this activity although this aspect has been not widely publicized. Further, few know that the enigmatic Egyptian Sphinx once held a cherry stem clamped firmly in its steely, feline jaws. It was part of the original design and is still shown in the form of hieroglyphics depicting Pharoahs and Pharoahesses proudly displaying finished knotted cherry stems in their mouths. What loosened the stem from its place is unknown. Some speculate that maurading bands of Templars at the behest of the church, sought to vandalize and suppress this non-procreative sport. Others theorize that a sandstorm carried the stem away, sweeping it into the Nile where it was carried deep into central Africa where it was lost to posterity.

However, an interesting sidenote is that a Tibetan reference to the "endless knot" is a most highly revered symbol. Now whether or not this means that knotted cherry stem that escaped from the lion's jaws made its way to the Himalaya's where it influenced an entire culture cannot be confirmed. But the fact remains that according to ancient texts, one cannot enter Shangri-la without a knotted stem between one's teeth.

12-23-05, 01:41 PM (EST)
8. "RE: thoughts for the future (sure hope this is not a duplicate)"
LAST EDITED ON 12-23-05 AT 01:41 PM (EST)

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing that.

(edit to fix html)

Sigpic by Seana

rotkapchen 20 desperate attention whore postings

12-23-05, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rotkapchen Click to send private message to rotkapchen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "cannot stop laughing"
>>So what is the concensus opinion
>>about the future of the
>>apprentice. I think I
>>read somewhere (maybe even here)
>>that Trump is going to
>>move the show to Los
>>Angeles.
>
>I think that the should revamp
>The Apprentice next season. I
>think the new Apprentice should
>be grounded in the search
>for who will replace Milanea
>as Trump's new trophy wife.

Oh my gosh that is the funniest thing I have read all day!
I guess some women must really love money to sell their self to the Donald. Yick!
>

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-30-05, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: thoughts for the future (sure hope this is not a duplicate)"
Now THAT'S funny, Dr.K! (smiles)

--Singer

lrlr1 512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-25-05, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lrlr1 Click to send private message to lrlr1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: thoughts for the future (sure hope this is not a duplicate)"
Since DT always has at least one black wannabe amongst his candidates, I predict the last post of the season will be:
I KNEW HE WOULDN'T HIRE 2 BLACK APPRENTICES, BACK TO BACK!!!!!!

flower 97 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-25-05, 02:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flower Click to send private message to flower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: thoughts for the future (sure hope this is not a duplicate)"
two women back to back...no way!! we kind of know how the donald feels about women, or minorities for that matter!! tolerated if he has to!!

bigfish11 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-27-05, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bigfish11 Click to send private message to bigfish11 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: thoughts for the future (sure hope this is not a duplicate)"
>Since DT always has at least
>one black wannabe amongst his
>candidates, I predict the last
>post of the season will
>be:
>I KNEW HE WOULDN'T HIRE 2
>BLACK APPRENTICES, BACK TO BACK!!!!!!
>

what is a "Wannabe" black?????

lrlr1 512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-08-06, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lrlr1 Click to send private message to lrlr1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Black wannabe, NOT Wannabe black"
To bigfish11:

Wannabe is shorthand for "candidate who wants to be chosen The Apprentice", as in:

"DT always has at least one black candidate who wants to be chosen The Apprentice on his show."

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •