The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Controversy & Manipulation"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-16-05, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Controversy & Manipulation"
An Analysis of The Apprentice.

After 4 or 5 seasons of watching this show, I am truly convinced that the purpose of this show is to create Controversy and generate TALK, at the water-cooler or whatever. Any publicity is good publicity.

At the end of every unfair, possibly-racist, controversial Season Finale, I swear not to watch this show ever again. THIS is not the first season any of this has happened. Remember 2 seasons ago, when the Finale turned into a Jennifer M. bashing! I do.

Donald and MB chose a truly shitty way to do the ending, thereby putting Randal in a lose-lose situation, which was sure to generate public outcry whatever his decision. They should have never put anyone in that spot.

THE OFFER itself was ambiguous, and there are 2 separate issues associated with it: the Title of WInner and giving the loser a job (equal to the winner or otherwise?).
(On the other hand, Randal should have asked Donald more questions about what the question entailed, but I'm sure that he was in shock.)

It is said that after the show last night, Ms. Universe told Trump that she would have answered the same as Randal or at least she likened it to the scenario of Trump asking her to share the title with the Runner Up. (I am paraphrasing, and this was reported by Star on the View, who spoke with Trump this morning.)

So, whatever one's views on what Should have happened, I hope that more people will recognize DT and MB's role in this, as THEIR FULL RESPONSIBILITY. I don't let myself get caught up or manipulated by them. I recognize this every time.

I can't assume that they intended for this to happen or not. But season after season, they seem to thrive on the controversy. They have never issued statements post-show, other than trying to sugar-coat that season's bashing of the contestants.

They are going for ratings, BIG surprises, controversy, sensationalism and attention. The byproducts are alot of side-taking, arguing, and setting race relations back 30 years.

I hope this is at least thought-provoking as to who the real jerks are.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Controversy & Manipulation DooWahDitty 12-16-05 1
 RE: Controversy & Manipulation DooWahDitty 12-16-05 2
 RE: Controversy & Manipulation CantStandToLook 12-16-05 3
 RE: Controversy & Manipulation DooWahDitty 12-16-05 4
   RE: Controversy & Manipulation Angelfood 12-16-05 6
       RE: Controversy & Manipulation DooWahDitty 12-16-05 7
 RE: Controversy & Manipulation DooWahDitty 12-16-05 5
 RE: Controversy & Manipulation Superduper 12-16-05 8
   Ummm Angelfood 12-16-05 9
       RE: Ummm DooWahDitty 12-16-05 10
       RE: Agreed w/Angelfood rtrader 12-17-05 11
           RE: Agreed w/Angelfood DooWahDitty 12-17-05 15
 RE: Controversy & Manipulation CattyChat 12-17-05 12
   RE: Controversy & Manipulation Angelfood 12-17-05 13
       RE: Controversy & Manipulation namedujour 12-18-05 29
   RE: Controversy & Manipulation CouchTater 12-17-05 14
       RE: Controversy & Manipulation singer 12-18-05 23
       RE: Controversy & Manipulation prosecutor 12-18-05 31
 RE: Controversy & Manipulation DooWahDitty 12-17-05 16
 RE: Controversy & Manipulation MizJazmine 12-17-05 17
   RE: Controversy & Manipulation DooWahDitty 12-17-05 18
   RE: Controversy & Manipulation mrc 12-17-05 19
       RE: Controversy & Manipulation MizJazmine 12-18-05 24
 RE: Controversy & Manipulation lydia 12-17-05 20
 RE: Controversy & Manipulation singer 12-17-05 22
 Angelfood, excellent post tannl 12-18-05 25
   Trump was Never Serious... Angelfood 12-18-05 26
   RE: Angelfood, excellent post CouchTater 12-18-05 27
       RE: Angelfood, excellent post i_hate_alla 12-18-05 28
   RE: Angelfood, excellent post sortinghat 12-18-05 33
 RE: Angelfood, you missed the point... D Trump 12-18-05 30
   All about DT Angelfood 12-18-05 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-16-05, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Controversy & Manipulation"
GREAT post Angelfood! Thanks for taking the time to put many thoughts of many minds here into words.

did I mention I agree with everything you said?!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

12-16-05, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Controversy & Manipulation"
So, Angelfood, what kind of controversy do you think we'll see next year when The Hair hires his first female in ::gasp:: Hell-Ay??!!

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-16-05, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Controversy & Manipulation"
Excellent Post Angelfood.

12-16-05, 09:16 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Controversy & Manipulation"
Angelfood, you and geg posted the most rational and clear analyses of this finale. Thank you for that.

Why people get so caught up in this endless tit-for-tat afterward is beyond me. Rewarding bad behavior by paying attention to it only invites more of the same, and that's why the Apprentice will never clean up its act, and therefore why many of us don't watch, and don't respect the show or its administrative personnel.

12-16-05, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Controversy & Manipulation"
Amen sister. or brother.

Yeah, we need a special basher forum, for those of us that watch a few episodes or a few minutes at a time, but know enough to bash DT & Co. anyways.

That's the only joy in subjecting ourselves to it.

Made by me

Smooches to CSTL/George also. Hey, btw, you need to post in the BE The App thread, probably on pg. 2 by now. DWD - You could always post final remarks from Rebecca, you know, if you're bored or something.

12-16-05, 10:56 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Controversy & Manipulation"
That's "sister".

re the fine print: I'm working on something else (coming soon I hope) and then I'll think 'bout that.

12-16-05, 09:21 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Controversy & Manipulation"
It will be interesting to see what Randal has to say a year or two from now about "controversy and manipulation."

Superduper 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 11:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Superduper Click to send private message to Superduper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Controversy & Manipulation"
I tend to disagree...

You have to understand that here in the US we (The media and the greedy) for some reason seem to think having one winner is better than two. When in fact, two winners is always better than one.

We forget about the loser of the big game and what the hearts and minds go through. Have you ever lost to something that you truly believe you should have won at? I bet you have as I certainly have.

Just maybe there are situations where two winners can be better than one.

Lets take the Super bowl, for example. Have you ever wondered what it is like being on the loosing team just because things didn't go your way on Championship day?

Imagine a future Super Bowl where the AFC and the NFC played as hard as they could for 3 hours on national television and at the end of the game the scores were identical and it was a perfect tie.

Instead of going into overtime, wouldn't it be nice if the NFL commissioner came out and said "Both of you teams have played the best football we have ever seen and at the end of the game you are perfectly tied". "We believe you should both be Super Bowl Champions this year!"

Is this scenario really so bad or is it the greed in us to want to take it all or nothing??? What would the Media want? What would the fans want? And most importantly, what would the teams want? The problem is what the media wants, what greedy people want, and what a good hearted Christian wants are all different things..........

When we are all judged some day in the not to far future, and the creator says to you one simple question "Did you do everything possible to help your fellow human being every time you got the chance, or did you turn your back"? What are you going to say?

End......

12-16-05, 11:14 PM (EST)
9. "Ummm"
Like your post, but don't see how its in disagreement with mine. In fact, I rather agree with yours. I don't like competition or sports. In hockey, I always cheer for the goalies (of both teams).

I believe that Trump SHOULD have made two offers of jobs. The other issue of having one or 2 Apprentice titles - up for debate. I would have liked 2.

My point is :
by putting Randal between a rock and a hard place - it was lose-lose for poor Randal in the arena of public opinion. If he accepted, many people would see him as weak and giving in to Donald's ridiculous and insulting, degrading proposition. If he didn't accept, he looks mean and competitive.

IF I were Randal, I would have asked DT probing questions and made him clarify it before I honored him with my answer! ;)

Trump could simply have asked Randal the same question before he HIRED Randal, thereby seeming that Randal was the winner. OR even said "Rebecca, you're also Hired" right after saying it to Randal. But the way he did it was evil and selfish and only served to make Randal look bad.

I believe that if Rebecca had won first, and been asked the same question: SHe may not have reacted any differently. And if she said no - boy, the ##### would really fly then. And maybe justifiably so.

Your Superbowl scenario is good, but is not the same as the show. Closer would be: After not showing the scores, and declaring NFC the winners, the NFC is THEN asked if the AFC should be the winners also. I wish that it HAD been more like your scenario on the show, where they offered both.

It's cruel to give it to him, and then ask to yank it away. That's another point I'm making.

Opinions on this, anyone?

Made by me

12-16-05, 11:21 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Ummm"
Your whole post makes sense, and what jumped out at me was:

"My point is: by putting Randal between a rock and a hard place - it was lose-lose for poor Randal in the arena of public opinion. If he accepted, many people would see him as weak and giving in to Donald's ridiculous and insulting, degrading proposition. If he didn't accept, he looks mean and competitive."

I think it's quite possible that DT didn't really think about the ramifications his question before he asked it. DT is getting better at the live stuff, but he still falters/misjudges while doing it.

rtrader 277 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-17-05, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rtrader Click to send private message to rtrader Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Agreed w/Angelfood"
The fault here lies clearly with Donald Trump and Mark Burnett for putting Randall in this position in front of a live audience. They have never done anything like this before (essentially offer the job to two people), and if that was their goal, then it was up to Trump to make the offer, not force Randall into making a quick decision that should never be his to make anyway.

12-17-05, 11:41 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Agreed w/Angelfood"
given the "track record" of previous Apprentii (calm down, linguistics guerrillas, I'm having fun with it), DT knows a guy like Randal's gonna bolt at some point. And possibly way before Bill is bolting. It is possible that DT felt Rebecca is less likely to bolt, especially from the position we were told she would have picked.

I'd like to know what Kwame and people like him were thinking when Randal was named the newest Apprentice. For someone of the caliber of Randal, this gig is a very temporary stint. This guy's going far. These people are entrepreneurs. DT understands that.

The reason we don't see much of the former Apprentii is because ultimately DT thinks of this as business first and entertainment second. A media circus around these people would diminish the impact of their positions, hinder their functionality and compromise their credibility.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-17-05, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Controversy & Manipulation"
I agree with much of what you said, Angelfood. People do get much to wrapped up in these contrived reality shows. I love them, but I do't go postal when the final result is announced, because I realize we are all being shown a twisted reality & manipulation of the facts.

The only thing I disagree with is the "lose-lose" situation. I actually saw it a totally different way. Randal could have come off the generous "hero" by allowing Trump to offer Rebecca a job. I don't think it would have taken ANYTHING away from his win, but emphasize it even more. Not only would he have had the title of Apprentice and winning, but by allowing Rebecca to be hired, he would also have her gratitude and respect of many people. I just think that would have elevated him to a higher level. But that's just my opinion.

Every year I say I'm done with this show, since the season 2 finale Jen bashing, yet I keep getting sucked it. (I sicken myself ) I CANNOT stand Trump & his over-inflated ego. I've met him in real life -- not a pretty sight. No amount of money would entice me to sleep with that guy. I know many people screwed over by his "business dealings" & I know confidential inside info on DT Org's bankruptcy filings in NJ, because of what I do for a living. So, my dislike of DT is personal.

I actually view "winning" Apprentice as losing, because you are stuck for at least one year to work in the Trump organization. Kelly deserved to win season 2. Bill finally got smart & decided not to renew his contract and will not be working for DT anymore. What's-her-name from Season 3 is never even mentioned by Trump in his interviews of "how great" the winners have been -- every interview I've seen/heard Trump touts Bill the most & Kelly as an afterthought & no mention of what's-her-name. I suspect she is moving on at the end of her 12 months.

So, we'll see what Randal does. My verdict is not in on whether Randal "won" or "lost". If he is a man of integrety & truly smart, then he really lost & will be out of there as soon as his year is done. I think he'll be much more successful NOT working for DT and doing the "promotional speaking" tours. He is a phenomenal public speaker & could do really well, IMO. So, I'll weigh in next year on my opinion of Randal.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

12-17-05, 10:01 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Controversy & Manipulation"
>it even more. Not
>only would he have had
>the title of Apprentice and
>winning, but by allowing Rebecca
>to be hired, he would
>also have her gratitude and
>respect of many people.

Why do you assume that only HE would have the title? I see the media and/or Trump Org and/or public touting it as 2 winners and 2 apprentices. If not, then, ideally, Trump would have corrected Randal when Randal argued the point that he wanted to be the Sole App. or Trump could have counteroffered (and I'm sure he knows how to do that). I think it would have been BETTER if Randal had come to a deal w/ Trump before giving his Final Answer, but I don't begrudge what he did in the heat of the moment with emotions running high.

On people's respect, I do believe there are more people who would have been happier and respected him more (like you), but there's also a significant portion (as evidenced on this board) who would have been Pissed that he gave in to such a demeaning expectation. So, he loses in that millions are pissed either way.

>Every year I say I'm done
>with this show, since the
>season 2 finale Jen bashing,
>yet I keep getting sucked
>it.

Then join us in the bashing and Be THe App. games! Welcome to the club.

> I've met him in
>real life -- not a
>pretty sight.

Do Tell. !!!!!

> I know many people
>screwed over by his "business
>dealings" & I know confidential
>inside info on DT Org's
>bankruptcy filings in NJ, because
>of what I do for
>a living. So, my
>dislike of DT is personal.

I'm sure its completely understandable. Don't you feel bad. I lived there too, and usually people who get to the top have to step on others to get there. I could go on and on, but not here.

>I actually view "winning" Apprentice as
>losing, because you are stuck
>for at least one year
>to work in the Trump
>organization. Kelly deserved to
>win season 2.

Amen to that, sister!

>Bill finally got smart &
>decided not to renew his
>contract and will not be
>working for DT anymore.
>What's-her-name from Season 3 is
>never even mentioned by Trump
>in his interviews of "how
>great" the winners have been
>-- every interview I've seen/heard
>Trump touts Bill the most
>& Kelly as an afterthought
>& no mention of what's-her-name.
> I suspect she is
>moving on at the end
>of her 12 months.

I keep saying, "Where is Kendra"? (well, once I called her Sandy, I forgot who won). Bet she's locked up in a dungeon.

>So, we'll see what Randal does.
> My verdict is not
>in on whether Randal "won"
>or "lost". If he
>is a man of integrety
>& truly smart, then he
>really lost & will be
>out of there as soon
>as his year is done.
> I think he'll be
>much more successful NOT working
>for DT and doing the
>"promotional speaking" tours. He
>is a phenomenal public speaker
>& could do really well,
>IMO. So, I'll weigh
>in next year on my
>opinion of Randal.

Amen to that also. And good for you for holding off judgment - me too!

Made by me

namedujour 8 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-05, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail namedujour Click to send private message to namedujour Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Controversy & Manipulation"
>>What's-her-name from Season 3 is
>>never even mentioned by Trump
>>in his interviews of "how
>>great" the winners have been
>>-- every interview I've seen/heard
>>Trump touts Bill the most
>>& Kelly as an afterthought
>>& no mention of what's-her-name.
>> I suspect she is
>>moving on at the end
>>of her 12 months.
>
>I keep saying, "Where is Kendra"?
> (well, once I called
>her Sandy, I forgot who
>won). Bet she's locked
>up in a dungeon.

I wonder if Trump doesn't actually have Kendra WORKING...? Bill's biggest complaint was that he was essentially a PR guy promoting The Apprentice. He never actually did anything on that project he was hired for, or at best was grossly under-utilized. I wasn't surprised at all that he jumped ship.

Or...remember, he was originally only hired for a year. Is it possible that Trump actually initiated the termination of his contract? I mean, Bill probably shouldn't have gone to the press with his complaints. I don't think they're the sort of thing Trump looks on with kindness, you know?

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-17-05, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Controversy & Manipulation"
Every year I say I'm done with this show, since the season 2 finale Jen bashing, yet I keep getting sucked it. (I sicken myself ) I CANNOT stand Trump & his over-inflated ego.

OH me too! This season though I finally managed to not even bother watching after the Sirius challenge. I just go to the boards to find out what’s happened. Trump so gets on my nerves. He himself is so full of s—t. I probably won’t watch this show anymore. It’s a ZZZZZZ……

I actually view "winning" Apprentice as losing, because you are stuck for at least one year to work in the Trump organization.

I agree. I don’t get why anyone would want to work with him. Especially someone like Randal. I mean most of these people are already really successful and are making tons of money already. The only ones who could really profit by working for Trump are people like Tana, or those working for others, who maybe could expand their business knowledge to go out on their own after. I don’t think it’s any great thing to work for Trump. It’s a step down as far as I’m concerned.

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-18-05, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Controversy & Manipulation"
I LOVE the earlier post about Kendra probably being locked away in a dungeon!

--Singer

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-18-05, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Controversy & Manipulation"

The only
>ones who could really profit
>by working for Trump are
>people like Tana,

CouchTater, I was thinking that if there ever was
a time we needed a double hiring was in the Street
Smarts vs.Book Smarts season. Kendra was only superior
near the end, where as Tana only really messed up when
she was mean to her "employees"(castmates).
That was a time when the playing field was definitely
level IMO. Tana picked the Miss Universe job and Kendra
picked the real estate thing, so give them both the opportunity.
This season Alla summed it up best.

12-17-05, 01:41 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Controversy & Manipulation"
It's kind of nice to get caught up in the drama, but not manipulated by it. Hopefully we'll see some innovative and creative stuff from the Los Angeles show next season.

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-17-05, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Controversy & Manipulation"
LAST EDITED ON 12-18-05 AT 01:14 AM (EST)

Burnett,Burnett,Burnett(sp)...ughhh...LOL...This whole thing smells like that "Rupert debacle" with Survivor. They placed that man on what I thought was the most favorable team. He doesn't win, so they rigged up some contest for the viewers to pick their favorite Survivor. Knowing the whole time that Rupert was considered the favorite in the entire history of Survivor because Jeff stated such. Of course due to the contest Rupert gets the million - duh!

So here we are again with "earned vs. entitlement". Is it just a coincidence? A fluke??? Naw...not when you pull the curtain back and see who's really pulling the strings. Trump & Burnett are the REAL culprits here and not Randal. However it's not even amazing or surprising to me that people think Randal is. No not at all. No matter what decision Randal made it would not have pleased everyone. So I'm glad that Randal stuck by his initial assessment of Rebecca and said no. By doing so he put the decision back in Trumps lap where it rightly belonged. Randal should have never been placed in that position to begin with. I would just like to know what the other contestants thought about all of it. It would interesting to hear their comments.

*Edited to replace Reuben with Rupert

12-17-05, 06:50 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Controversy & Manipulation"
"This whole thing smells like that "Reuban debacle" with Survivor. They placed that man on what I thought was the most favorable team. He doesn't win, so they rigged up some contest for the viewers to pick their favorite Survivor."

Well, I think their motivation had a little more philanthropy in it with respect to Rupert, but your point is well-taken.

So in that sense yes, DT did purposely asked the big Q of Randal. I was thinking earlier that DT's not that good at live tv and all that it entails-hence the $&@!# question. Since I don't watch Survivor or any other Burnie show, I wasn't aware of the ploy.

We'd all certainly like to hear the other contestants' comments. There's a place on the web (can't remember where now) where former Azzrentice contestants are interviewed during call-ins (I think it's even live on air, not sure. The interviews are subsequently archived on a website. The contestants get REALLY honest over there. Last season Chris let several good ones rip, as did a female-forget which one. Jennifer or Sandy, or both.

Sigpic by Seana

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-17-05, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Controversy & Manipulation"
Just a note--it was Rupert (or Poopert, if you prefer) on Survivor. Reuben was on AI with Clay, although that finale also was controversial.

A Slice of Us for the Rest of Us!
"Because that's what Jesus would freakin' do!"--Izzie

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-18-05, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Controversy & Manipulation"
Oops you're right! At least I got the "Ru" part right...lol

lydia 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-17-05, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lydia Click to send private message to lydia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Controversy & Manipulation"
Angelfood: A good post.

Donald Trump is all about Donald Trump. His show is a constant advertisement for his greatness in his own view. It's all about him changing the skyline of NYC . . .a memorial to his buildings, his projects, his golf courses, and charity events to show what a philanthropist he is, and finally, that he may be the only person on earth worth working for.

Randal was trying to be told that a financial reporter with 3/4 losses should share the Gold Medal, so to speak. He was humiliated by the question, and the wind was knocked out of his sails by being told he was essentially a "Co-Apprentice".

Thank God, he stood up and said that Rebecca , in so many words, was not his equal for The Apprentice job. Trump thought "Mr. Nice Guy" would just say, "Yes". Hiring Rebecca was up to Trump, not Randal, and could have been done at a later date, for a lesser job. Trump did that because he thought his show would go out with a bang, and was shocked out of his gourd when Randal (the better man) didn't played the hand he was dealt, Trump's way.

RE: Manipulation. Let's remember the final task was a charity event and Rebecca's team didn't raise a single dime for Children's Aids, had two sentences said by Elizabeth Glazer's son, and one little measly sign regarding the charity. When the #####'s Sporting Goods Challenge went down in flames for not raising enough money, Trump fired 4 people!

In addition, Rebecca like a meek little mouse was unable to get Yahoo, (which received free advertising throughout the task in an national and international television venue, to allow her team or the Comedy Emcee (who was anything but funny), to mention the reason why they were putting on the event! Yahoo didn't want to offend their VIP attendees. Who's in charge here? Yahoo needed to be reminded that the gala presentation was put on as a charity event with them as the sponsor. Trump shamed them into coughing up a donation.

Rebecca, darling girl that she is, (and we don't know all the details that went on behind the scenes re: her) essentially lost 3 out of 4 tasks and was carried by Randal in the one task she did win. She is clearly adorable and had the gift of snowing Trump, hobbling around on crutches, and saying his name loud and clear to him in every conversation, the ultimate ego-stroker for Trump. And the Toral loyalty. Okay, I'll give her that, but others scratched their heads since Toral was obnoxious and egotistical. oops, that's a description of Trump.

Meanwhile, the others on the show knew that Rebecca was not in the same league as Randal, and many of them were really more qualified for the big job, than she was. Enough said.

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-17-05, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Controversy & Manipulation"
Dear Angelfood:

ITA with what you said.

--Singer

tannl 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-18-05, 03:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tannl Click to send private message to tannl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Angelfood, excellent post"
I never took Trump’s question to Randal seriously. His tone to Randal was not of a serious nature. Trump only mentioned that to create controversy to increase the ratings. If Trump were serious about hiring Rebecca, he would have done so even against Randal’s wishes.

12-18-05, 03:45 AM (EST)
26. "Trump was Never Serious..."
oh, and equally good points from you, dear.

I hadn't quite thought of that. This possibility definitely merits more discussion.

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-18-05, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Angelfood, excellent post"
He still might hire Rebecca. Didn't he hire Andy of the season before last after the fact? Trump does what he wants.

i_hate_alla 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-18-05, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail i_hate_alla Click to send private message to i_hate_alla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Angelfood, excellent post"
If he does, I hope she says "no".

sortinghat 6 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-05, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sortinghat Click to send private message to sortinghat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Angelfood, excellent post"
Of course it wasn't serious! I agree completely. I made the mistake of reading these boards before watching the show. Everybody was going on and on about how cruel Randal was at the end. I tuned in to the show, expecting to see Randal drowned out by a chorus of boos after saying "no", looking ashamed; I expected to see Trump stunned and Rebecca angry. I didn't see any of this. Instead, it seemed that Trump was just asking a lighthearted question, to be nice to Rebecca, in the few seconds of time they had left before the end of the show. Nobody took it seriously, except for the people on this message board. There's only one winner on this show.

D Trump 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-18-05, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail D%20Trump Click to send private message to D%20Trump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Angelfood, you missed the point."
Angelfood, while your comments were well thought out, the fact of the matter is that you are a loser.

Randal won because he's a man and that's what Trump wants. He already has two token broads in Carolyn and Kendra (from season 3).

12-18-05, 12:14 PM (EST)
32. "All about DT"
why? I am totally agreeing that Randal should have won and that he was the better candidate. (at least I've said that in many other posts around here).

And you are a person-basher and will soon begone. you have VIOLATED THE GUIDELINES. not surprised that you didn't even read them or care. Funny, just I just alerted you to the mods in another thread, and here you've given me a second one.

Besides, everyone knows that I AM the DT around here.

Unless you really are DT or one of his lackeys which would explain why you are mad at my posting. Bwahahaha. DT uses the term "loser" too.

But let me also say ftr that I have supported and respected DT in many of my posts here, but I have also chided him for some things. I LOVE it that he was firing 2-4 people at a time, and I think most of his choices (in all seasons) have been justified and I defended him. But I hate the tv drama, competitor bashing and unnecessary, manufactured, sensationalized controversy. I'm very disappointed in him. *sigh*

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •