The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Randal's Questionaire"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

D Trump 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-17-05, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail D%20Trump Click to send private message to D%20Trump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Randal's Questionaire"
On the Apprentice website, Randal's page has a questionaire. Number 7 is the most interesting. When asked what his definition of success is, Randal said, "Success is measured by how many people you have helped to become successful."

Clearly he was lying.

http://apprentice.tv.yahoo.com/trump/04/candidates/randal_qa.html

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Randal's Questionaire DooWahDitty 12-18-05 1
   RE: Randal's Questionaire D Trump 12-18-05 3
       RE: Randal's Questionaire mny 12-18-05 12
   RE: Randal's Questionaire volsfan 12-18-05 4
 RE: Randal's Questionaire i_hate_alla 12-18-05 5
   RE: Randal's Questionaire volsfan 12-18-05 6
       RE: Randal's Questionaire i_hate_alla 12-18-05 7
           RE: Randal's Questionaire volsfan 12-18-05 14
               RE: Randal's Questionaire DooWahDitty 12-18-05 15
 RE: Randal's Questionaire lrlr1 12-18-05 8
       RE: Randal's Questionaire lrlr1 12-18-05 18
 RE: Randal's Questionaire Juni 12-18-05 10
   RE: Randal's Questionaire DooWahDitty 12-18-05 11
 RE: Randal's Questionaire joedirt 12-18-05 13
   RE: Randal's Questionaire Oscirus 12-18-05 17
 RE: Randal's Questionaire Oscirus 12-18-05 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DooWahDitty 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-18-05, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Randal's Questionaire"
This is just nitpicking. People say stuff all the time that contradicts what they've previously said. If everyone were held to everything they've ever said, we'd all have spinning heads. What was Randal supposed to do? Remember his dear little official quote for the official Apprentice website and spit it out verbatim for all the world to hear? Pfffttt.

Sigpic by Seana

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

D Trump 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-18-05, 01:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail D%20Trump Click to send private message to D%20Trump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Randal's Questionaire"
It's not a matter of him not remembering what he had said and then contradicting it. It's a matter of character.

If what he had said was actually one of his principles, he would have extended the job to Rebecca. He didn't have a bad memory. His statement was meaningless jargon he probably got out of some management book.

mny 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-18-05, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mny Click to send private message to mny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Randal's Questionaire"
Hi,

I am new to these boards...been lurking for a while, but I had to write. Everyone talks about Randal's fabulous character and trademark definitions of success, from a humanitarian point of view.

Do people not recall the infamous episode where Randal and Rebecca stole the megaphones right under the nose of Alla et al?? DT basically lauded this team of two for their shrewd business sense. A lot of people wrote in how they never would have done business "that way". Well, that was a hint of things to come. Basically, Randal trumped the other team, and this time he simply trumped Rebecca. Nothing personal...just business!

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-18-05, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Randal's Questionaire"
What was Randal supposed to do? Remember his dear little official quote for the official Apprentice website and spit it out verbatim for all the world to hear? Pfffttt.

I think if he (Randal) truly lived and thought the way he was quoted then yes he would have remembered it. If someone's heart is to help others then it wouldn't be forgotten so quickly! JMHO

i_hate_alla 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-18-05, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail i_hate_alla Click to send private message to i_hate_alla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Randal's Questionaire"
Let me preface this by saying that I was rooting for Rebecca! But, in response to your post, I think that Randal was just angry at that moment that he was asked to share the spotlight. And the "spotlight" was ALL he would have been sharing...since Rebecca wanted the OTHER job.

LOL - That quote DOES sound like something you'd read in a business-philosophy text book. How original. It guess it doesn't apply to Reality TV Finale Fluff!!

I like Randal, and I don't know if he did the right thing or not, but I do have to hand it to Trump: he stayed cool even though he blew it!!!!

12-18-05, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Randal's Questionaire"
but I do have to hand it to Trump: he stayed cool even though he blew it!!!!

How did Trump blow it? He hired the person he wanted to hire. No one forced him to hire Randal...he did it on his own. Trump got his man!

i_hate_alla 20 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-05, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail i_hate_alla Click to send private message to i_hate_alla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Randal's Questionaire"
He wanted his man AND his woman and thought he could do it in a clever way. Now he's lost Rebecca. He knew he'd look really bad if he hired her in spite of Randal. There's no way anyone could think that he didn't want both of them. It was obvious. He totally expected Randal to say "yes" to hiring Rebecca.

In any case, Rebecca will go on to be just as successful as Randal.

12-18-05, 03:25 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Randal's Questionaire"
He knew he'd look really bad if he hired her in spite of Randal.

Trump's ego is too big for him to give a rat's ass what anyone thinks of him. If he truly wanted her, he would have hired her or maybe he will hire her in the future.

12-18-05, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DooWahDitty Click to send private message to DooWahDitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Randal's Questionaire"
It would be typical of DT to do something like that. He'd also be able to get back at Yahoo for being so off-the-wall with respect to the charity event. I'll bet there was a considerable amount of teeth-gnashing going on behind the scenes about the donations issue - both back then and again recently.

Sigpic by Seana

lrlr1 512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-18-05, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lrlr1 Click to send private message to lrlr1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Randal's Questionaire"
>On the Apprentice website, Randal's page
>has a questionaire. Number
>7 is the most interesting.
> When asked what his
>definition of success is, Randal
>said, "Success is measured by
>how many people you have
>helped to become successful."
>
>Clearly he was lying.
>
Oh, I disagree. I think he'd probably stand by those words today. However, due to the furor DT unleased with he was TRUMPED, Randal would probably add: "...with the exception of people competing for the same job as yourself." Seems like common sense this addition would be implied, but evidently not.

lrlr1 512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-18-05, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lrlr1 Click to send private message to lrlr1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Randal's Questionaire"
Stop being a
>moron.

Juni 11 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-05, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juni Click to send private message to Juni Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Randal's Questionaire"
I must admit I was disappointed in Randal at the Apprentice IV finale. Throughout the entire season, I had been rooting for both Randal and Rebecca, and leaning favorably towards Randal because he appeared so kind-hearted, honorable and diplomatic. Even Trump repeatedly stated during the live show that "Randal is low-key" and "nice."

In the *live* season finale, however, Randal came across as being self-centered and cut-throat competitive, as if he had nothing but contempt for Rebecca. At one point, he looked livid and ired, shouting out, "I run businesses; Rebecca writes about them!" And who can forget Randal's infamous last words, "There can be only *ONE* Apprentice. This is not the "Apprentii!"

This makes me wonder whether there was excessively selective editing throughout the Apprentice tapings to distort Randal's personality on screen so that he would appear genuinely altruistic and good-hearted when in reality, he is not...Nevertheless, because of my optimistic, generous nature, I would give Randal the benefit of the doubt that he is indeed a kind person, except under the extreme pressure of being in a competition for 15 weeks on national t.v. and his competitive nature overwhelms his general "nice" demeanor when he feels compelled to defend his qualifications in front of a live audience.

Randal clearly did not want to share the fame of being Trump's apprentice with anyone. I find it somewhat ironic as the word "Apprentice" by definition means a novice-in-training. If Randal thought so highly of himself (likens himself to be an entrepreneural expert in the business world), and has accomplished multimillion dollar business deals, why would he need to be trained by Trump or anyone else for that matter?

When Rebecca honestly answered that she would make a "better Apprentice" than Randal, she was speaking precisely and accurately. She is younger (23 vs. Randal's age of 34) and she needs the additional business training as primarily she worked as a journalist.

In summary, except for the overwhelming emotional stress of finally achieving a triumphant moment, I can see no other justification for Randal's refusal to afford Rebecca an opportunity of a lifetime to train under Donald Trump, especially given what he stated prior to getting elected onto the Apprentice show about the definition of "success" being a cooperative, humanitarian effort...

12-18-05, 12:41 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Randal's Questionaire"
"needs the additional business training"

Well this is just one of the myriad reasons why people don't respect the show. DT seems to want people with smarts, education AND experience. So WTF is his point with the show, and what's it really about, anyway?

DT should just produce a show called "I Trumped Trump", featuring people as good or better than himself at business, who will only too gladly squash him like a bug -- which is what he loves to do himself. We wouldn't need the WWF anymore. I for one would love to see DT humiliated. Payback for all the lame storylines, atrocious editing, and ratings ploys.

Sigpic by Seana

joedirt 10 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-05, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joedirt Click to send private message to joedirt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Randal's Questionaire"
Randal is not the success he purports to be. Take a look at his website and you will see he really only worked one job for 1 year before setting up a string of small business that rely on taxpayers money for minorities.

A PHD and Rhodes scholar would find the world was open to him. If he was such a brilliant leader he would have had no problem successfully executing the projects he was assigned at Lucent and earned a huge salary. What is so funny is that Trump's show with its contrived little projects is considered "reality". Randal's position at Lucent was the real world - he flopped in high tech. Now he's off to try real estate development.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-05, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Randal's Questionaire"
How many businesses have you ran?

Thank you for giving me honor in hat form.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-05, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Randal's Questionaire"
Yea because his unwillingness to not accept share the prize with Rebecca clearly shows that hes a liar. Don't make me laugh.
All that show is Randal has a back bone and could care less what the tv viewing audience thinks.

Thank you for giving me honor in hat form.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •